Other Keywords: Farm Animals, Father's Day, Vintage, SUM
Father's Day is coming, and the Virtual Stamp Night Mini Sneak Peek was held just a few days ago. The first one wants your card theme to be farm animals...like in Old MacDonald's farm. I'm thinking someway I will build a Father's Day card out of this challenge.
My son-in-law is such a good Dad! His daughter, and my middle granddaughter, was three this past March. From the time she was three months old, he has taken her to oodles of animal places and events...zoos, summer fairs, petting zoos, etc. You name it, if it's within 50-miles of their location (even on vacation), he will find an animal place to take Sienna. As a result, she just loves animals, has no fear, and you can see why. Her first favorite was a cow, and one of her first words was moo-moo!
I'm a lover of "simple" vintage cards (those without too much frou-frou), and for some reason, I've not made many vintage cards in the last few years. I went to my stash, because I remember a vintage cow image that I almost made into a card a few years ago. I had to scrap the idea at the last minute, because I forgot to take the image and any papers with me to a retreat where I planned to make the card! I had even mounted it on homemade script paper made prior to leaving, which talks about medieval farming as I needed a computer and printer to do so. Using it now, was just a matter of deciding the layout, design, and papers! I actually ended up copying my design layout that I used on the replacement card.
I found 15 challenges, from new to old that worked for the plan for this card. They are listed below:
1) S2S22JUN - Stamp to Save Challenge/ Male & ABCs - 6/4/22. Challenge: make a masculine card; use elements that begin with at least three consecutive letters - e.g. MNO, etc. My vintage cow card uses RSTUV: R=rectangles, ribbon; S=stripe, sentiment, solid colors; T=text; U=uppercase letters, under-layers; V=vintage image, Very Vanilla.
.2) AOCC22 - All Occasions Card Challenge/ June 2022 - 6/1/22. This is a much needed card for Father's Day in June for my son-in-law. It depicts how great he is with my granddaughter, Sienna, in taking her all kinds of summer fairs, petting zoos, etc. where she has been introduced to all kinds of animals, including farm animals from the time she was three months old. He researches what's going on or available within a 50-mile radius and off they go!
.3) USEIT2022 - Use It Challenge/ June 2022 - 6/1/22. Posting in June as it is for Father's Day. OLD: 2012-2013 DSP Stack--Wild Wasabi Stripe; Vintage image (stash); Midnight Muse ribbon; Medieval Farming Script (homemade 2020); *DewDrop Gems (2009 stash--*I bought these from my sister's scrapbook store in 2009 before it closed!)
.4) JUN22VSNMINI1 - Virtual Stamp Night/ Blue Ribbon Winners - 5/27/22. This is for the very first pre-challenge mini. It boasts a vintage cow print...for sure seen at an Old MacDonald's Farm! I forgot the blue ribbon, so made it an inside embellishment on the gift card holder!
5) MMJ522 - Messy, Mixed & Joyful Challenge/ May Prompts - 5/1/22. I chose blue and text for my two prompts. My mediums are: brush blended dye-based inks for text distressing; computer inks=sentiment + inside verse; pigment ink edge distressing (Brilliance-Gingerbread); Copic marker = sentiment darkening.
6) WT892 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Text Me April 14, 2022 - 4/14/22. Challenge: incorporate text or texting into your project. My card's cow vintage image is adhered to an ink distressing homemade text layer.
7) MIX-472 - Mix-ability Challenge/ 10-Year Challenge, Gallery Edition - 2/11/22. Challenge: CASE one of your own cards. I chose the layout for a birthday for my son-in-law: October Birthday w/Paper Pumpkin Alternative! My mediums are: brush blended dye-based inks for text; computer inks = sentiment + inside verse; pigment ink = edge distressing (Brilliance-Gingerbread); Copic marker = sentiment darkening.
.x ABC16A1 - Alphabet Challenge/ Animals - 11/10/21. My vintage cow is my animal for this week's challenge.
9) F4A598 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Outside - 7/30/21. Challenge: feature something outside. My card features cows always seen outside...pastures driving down the road, a visit to a farm, petting zoos, animal section at the fair, etc.
10) MMTPT678 - Teapot Challenge/ Farm Girl Birthday - 7/20/21. Challenge: feature a farm animal on a birthday card for Miss Betty. I'm late to the party, so my card features cows and is a Father's Day card for my son-in-law.
12) FS709 - Featured Stamper/ Sproatmeyer!!! - 9/6/20. Barbara's gallery is a great one to browse. I chose this card: Stained Glass Sunrise! to CASE totally for color content! What a glorious and colorful card! It was easy to tell what colors to choose to go with my vintage pre-colored image. The color scheme was retained by all else was changed (though I may have to CASE it again someday for its theme content)!
13) CT0120 - Fan Club Monthly Themes--January 2020/ Art from the Heart - 1/15/20. Challenge: use heartfelt themes...loving sentiments. My card is for the central theme challenge. It is a Father's Day card for Sienna who loves all the animals that Daddy has introduced her to from three months old to three years!
14) CAS559 - Clean & Simple Challenge/ Going Vertical - 11/11/19. Challenge: include a vertical element, e.g. a vertical strip of paper. My card includes a vertical stripe patterned paper.
15) CC740 - Color Challenge/ A Melody of Poppies & Clover - 5/21/19. Challenge: Mango Melody, Poppy Parade, Call Me Clover. Dessert: birthday or thank you. My colors are similar: My Mango Melody was achieved with ink sponging (Soft Suede & More Mustard), Poppy Parade, and Wild Washi stripe (not quite as bright as Call Me Clover).
Ingredients: Stampin' Up: Cardstocks--Early Espresso, Lovely Lipstick, And Very Vanilla. Patterned DSP--2012-2013 DSP Stack--Wild Wasabi Stripe. Inks--Soft Suede, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip. Ribbon: Midnight Muse 3/8" Stitched Ribbon (purchase 5/24/12). Other: Patterned Paper--Medieval English Farming Script (2020 homemade/ink distressed). Vintage Farmyard print (stash). Gems--Robin's Nest DewDrops-Golden (2009 stash). Technique--Short Front Flap Card. Chatterbox computer verse. 4-3/4" x 6."
Registered: July 20, 2007 Location: Fergus, Ontario, Canada Posts: 50988
Fri, Jul 01, 2022 @ 5:48 AM
I love it! This has a real vintage feel and I love how you coordinated the papers to that vintage cow print. Anything farm related hits my fanvy, as I grew up on a farm. But we had Holstein cows, not Guernsey cattle. Kudos for meeting so many challenges Carlene!
"Surely His salvation is near those who fear Him, that His glory may dwell in our land." Psalm 85:9