Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-21-2009, 05:59 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nov09VSBNTop6~Saturday November 21st~ 10:00 PM~ Everlong

Title: Everlong (Foo Fighters, 1997)
Hostess: Denise (stampingdenise)
Keyword: Nov09VSBNTop6
Day/Date: Saturday, November 21
Time: 10:00 PM

Arguably, Nirvana was the defining artist for the 90s decade, introducing alternative grunge rock into the mainstream. Kurt Cobain�s untimely death in 1994 was the end of the band, but Dave Grohl, Nirvana drummer, started Foo Fighters in 1995 as his one-man project. Soon, other performers were added, and the band was born. In 1997, the Foo Fighters released the song Everlong, a song about an all-consuming love. My favorite line goesThe only thing I'll ever ask of you You've got to promise not to stop when I say when�

This song holds personal significance for me as well, as it was one of "our songs� when my husband and I started dating. Hearing it still brings back a flood of memories about the new-ness of love, that all-consuming desire to be with someone, and the excitement of being with someone new and �wondering if anything could ever be this real again.�
The song also reminds me of my longing for a child. Having struggled for 5 years to get pregnant, there was a very real possibility that I would never become pregnant. The line �Hello, I�ve waited here for you. Everlong.� reminds me of the first moment I was able to see and hold my baby girl for the first time� that feeling of waiting and hoping for so long and finally finding that type of eternal, bonding love that you know from the first instant your life has been transformed.

My challenge to you is to create a layout about that all-consuming love you have for someone: your spouse, your child, your dog, whether you want to focus on the beginnings of that love, or how that love has endured. The central focus of this page should be a photo, preferably a large photo to show the object of your affection. (Or you could use a series of small photos grouped together as a single unit.)

Bonus points for using any of the lines from the lyrics on the layout.

(For those of you who don�t know, Foo Fighters is my favorite band, Dave Grohl is my rock-star boyfriend , and Everlong is one of my favorite songs. Nothing better than hearing it performed live in concert!!!)

Check out the VSBN Blog:
VSBNRockinItOut

My sample: Everlong

See all submissions: Nov09VSBNTop6

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 28.

2. You have 2 hours to complete the challenge (unless otherwise stated).
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, Nov09VSBNTop6 , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen

Last edited by jenstampingpad; 11-21-2009 at 06:32 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2009, 06:14 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

great inspiration, and yes, Dave is yummy!
Think I need to sleep on this one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Dave is sooo yummy! I have a scrapbook layout in my gallery I did of the Foo Fighters concert.

You know I think it's ok to do something silly with this topic, too. You could easily do a page about your everlasting devotion to coffee or to chocolate or your favorite pair of shoes. It doesn't need to be anything deep and profound.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #4  
Glitter Guru

This one will really take some thought! Thanks for the challenge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #5  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Fun!

I've got just the picts I want to use for this challenge! It's going to be a simple layout tonight as my creativeness seems to have left me, LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2009, 07:49 PM   #6  
Glitter Guru

THis took some thinking-I am just not in the mood lately to talk about lovey dovey stuff-so I took the everlong in another direction...
Everlong by fresshe at Splitcoaststampers
this was a great challenge-thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #7  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Done!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
I've got just the picts I want to use for this challenge! It's going to be a simple layout tonight as my creativeness seems to have left me, LOL!
LOL Val ... no "lovey-dovey" picts for me either this time. This is also one of those pages that (unfortunately) done-is-done. I'm not thrilled w/ it but can't figure out right now what to do differently. This is picts of me and my oldest son and he's DEFINITELY one of the Loves of My Life - Everlong! Great challenge Denise!

Life Is A Journey
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2009, 04:21 PM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Well, I didn't stick to the single photo or photo grouping but my 'Everlong' moments are those few days when we're not running around and spending family time...seems like they're so spread out and I crave them when it's been a while!

Family Moments
Reply With Quote Likes