Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2009, 04:32 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MASTER THREAD: Rockin' Through The Decades

Title: Don’t Go Breaking My Heart (Elton John and Kiki Dee, 1976)
Hostess: Bekah Doak (rdoak03)
Keyword: JAN10VSBNe
Day/Date: Friday, January 15, 2010
Time: 10:00pm EST

http://vsbnrockinout.blogspot.com/

Sir Elton John has more than 50 Top 40 hits, including seven consecutive No. 1 U.S. albums, 56 Top 40 singles, 16 Top 10, four No. 2 hits, and nine No. 1 hits. He has won five Grammy awards, an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award and a Tony Award. His success has had a profound impact on popular music and has contributed to the continued popularity of the piano in rock and roll (Wikipedia, retrieved 12-2-09).

His greatest hit of 1976 was “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart”, a duet with Kiki Dee. Be sure to listen to the song and view the words: http://vsbnrockinout.blogspot.com/

Notice how “heart” is repeated three times in the chorus? Your challenge, inspired by this song, is to include three hearts on your layout. Each heart must be made out of a different material and/or technique. For example, one heart could be a button, one could be stamped, and one could be dry embossed with an embossing folder.

Now, don’t break MY heart… show us your Elton John-inspired pages!

You can view all challenges HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 22nd.
2. You have a total of 2 hours to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JAN10VSBNe, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
Attached Thumbnails
MASTER THREAD: Rockin' Through The Decades-bekah-e-page.jpg  

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 01-16-2010 at 05:00 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Die Cut Diva

Default JAN10VSBNf: Busted Stuff

Title: Busted Stuff (Album by Dave Matthews Band, 2002)
Hostess: Bekah Doak (rdoak03)
Keyword: JAN10VSBNf
Day/Date: Friday, January 15, 2010
Time: 12:00 am (EST)

One of my favorite bands of all time is the Dave Matthews Band. Their music was an important part of the backdrop of my college days and courtship with my husband.

In 2002 they released �Busted Stuff�, an album comprised mostly of songs that originated on the highly criticized �Lillywhite Sessions�. This new album went on to top the Billboard charts, Canadian Album charts, and Internet Albums charts. What a comeback for those songs!

The albums the band released during the late 90�s and early 2000�s had colorful, artistic covers. �Busted Stuff� is shown as an attachment. I love the multiple layers of images, and different perspectives of the people on the cover.

Your challenge is to use the cover of �Busted Stuff� as an inspiration for a scrapbook page. You could use some element of the layout, the colors, the torn paper effect, typography, anything! Don�t �bust� your brain on this one- just have fun!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 22nd.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JAN10VSBNf, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
Attached Thumbnails
MASTER THREAD: Rockin' Through The Decades-61fg225y9pl__ss500_.jpg   MASTER THREAD: Rockin' Through The Decades-bekah-f-page.jpg  

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 01-16-2010 at 06:26 AM..
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Title: How Much Is That Doggie In The Window?(Patti Page in 1952)
Hostess: Wendy (Wendella247)
Keyword: Jan10VSBNh
Day/Date: Saturday / January 16, 2010
Time: Noon � 2:00PM EST

One of the first songs I can remember as a child was, �How Much Is That Doggie In the Window,� written by Bob Merrill and recorded by Patti Page in 1952. It reached #1 on both the Billboard and Cash Box charts in 1953, and has not only been used in numerous books and movies over the years but has also been recorded by several other artists. (Believe it or not, there was even a reggae version recorded!!)

I was pretty young in 1953 (just 2-3 years old), but because of the song�s popularity for all ages, I often heard it on the radio throughout my childhood years. My favorite stuffed animal was a little brown doggie that I carried around until I started kindergarten, so the song had a lot of meaning for me. I still love dogs today . . . and that brings me to my challenge . . .

I�D LIKE YOU TO SCRAP A PAGE USING DOG PICTURES!** They can be of a current dog(s) or one that forever remains in your heart through fond memories. They can even be the pet of a family member or friend � any canine who has added meaning to your life or that of someone you know.

I�D ALSO LIKE YOU TO: add to your page a quote, song title or lyrics about dogs. If you don�t already have a quote, here are a few sites that have some good ones:

http://www.quotegarden.com/dogs.html
http://www.dogquotations.com/

**If you don�t have a dog and can�t think of a dog in your life you�d like to scrap � then feel free to scrap pictures of your cat or other pet and use a quote about that breed of animal instead!!

Cat quotes:
http://www.catquotes.com/

MY PAGE is attached below

The gallery for all submissions for this challenge is HERE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SATURDAY, JAN. 23, 2010.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, Jan10VSBNh, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen.

Happy scrapping!
Attached Thumbnails
MASTER THREAD: Rockin' Through The Decades-how-much-doggie-wendella247.jpg  

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 01-17-2010 at 06:29 AM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: TOYS IN THE ATTIC (Aerosmith, 1975)
Hostess: ERIKA (slprunning)
Keyword: Jan10VSBNj
Day/Date: Saturday/Jan 16, 2010
Time: 4:00 PM (EST)

MY STORY:
I was born in 1975- the year Aerosmith came out with a rockin� album- Toys in the Attic. You might know the song- Sweet Emotion�yes�that was on that album. As I was looking through LP covers (remember those?), the Toys in the Attic cover was the perfect inspiration for a sketch/digital template.

Aerosmith_-_Toys_in_the_Attic.jpg

My challenge to you is to use this sketch/digital template to guide your layout (paper or digital). Use it as a starting point for your page. Feel free to flip it, rotate it, tweak it�be creative!

Aerosmith_templat_VSBN_sketch.jpg

If you would like to create a page digitally- download the template HERE- http://www.4shared.com/file/15178455...late_VSBN.html

MY PAGE:Aerosmith_template_VSBN_sampleMediu.jpg

You can view all submissions for this challenges HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SATURDAY, JAN. 23, 2010.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, Jan10VSBNj, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen

My Gallery
Hardware Hotshot

Title: You Spin Me Round (Like a Record), (1985, Dead or Alive)
Hostess: Tam (tamcan)
Keyword: Jan10VSBNa
Day/Date: Friday January 15, 2010
Time: noon-2:00pm

The 80’s was in my opinion by far the quirkiest era for music. The 80's era has the greatest amount of one hit wonders. The 80's era has been noted for quirky named bands/groups, outlandish costuming, and wacky music titles, this era was rebellious, and very influential. Along with pop, rock n roll R&b, Punk, 80's music also brought a strong New Wave following to the U.S. New Wave being a hybrid of Punk Rock and Pop genre with a British influence. Although several groups come to mind, one group would have to be Dead or Alive. A band by way of Liverpool with Androgynous front man Pete Burns. Dead or Alive released You Spin Me Round(like a record) a one-hit wonder in the U.S. This song is so much fun! You can't help but dance when you hear it. The video is even more ridiculous. It completely embodies the quirky 80's rebellious era. Hearing this song puts me in a happy mood instantly. You Spin Me Round brings me right back to how much fun I had growing up in the 80's and how much I loved all the different and original music that influenced so much of my young adult years.

My challenge to you is:
1)To create a circular embellishment (bonus for using a spinner) as the main focal point of your layout. You can make your own (See spinner tutorial below) or use a pre-made from your stash. Using your spinner to tell the story of your photos, or the mood of your layout.
2) Use a large circle some where on your layout( like a record), you can add a circle as background or journal spot, but must be in addition to your spinner.
3) a min. of 3 photos(group)

Spinner Tutorial:A Selection To View Here

SCS View-Master Card

MY PAGE:You Spin Me Round

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM January 22, 2010.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, Jan10VSBNa, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Hardware Hotshot

Title: Stop! In the Name Of Love ( 1965, The Supremes)
Hostess: Tam (tamcan)
Keyword: JAN10VSBNb
Day/Date: Friday January 15, 2010
Time: 4:00-5:30pm

Even though I was born in 1965, I grew up surrounded by family members, and friends who all listened to songs of the Motown era.Motown was the formation of a great collaboration of singers, writers, producers and players, they re-wrote the book on pop music in the Sixties and Seventies. Motown was the feel good music of all time.

Motown is an icon of music, and a cultural impact in America’s racial integration. Famous for its releases in genres of R&B, soul, and pop, Motown played an important role in the 60’s. Producing imprints like The Jackson 5, The Temptations, The Supremes, Stevie Wonder, and Marvin Gaye, Motown accumulated 110 top 10 hits. All in all, Motown is universal, and has impacted the music realm. Many songs from Motown are still played on the radio today.

The Supremes are my all time favorite.The groups sound was so refreshing, their style so flawless, and the vibe so compelling that Diana Ross and the Supremes became no less than a defining reference point for America, for admiring musicians and fans worldwide, and for successive generations of female pop artists. As a young female they were as beautiful as Barbie and real. I can remember being very young and wanting to dress, sing and dance like the Supremes. My friends and I would spend countless hours imitating the Supremes performances. We especially loved doing the song Stop! In the name of Love( before you break my heart).

My challenge to you :
1) Use Stop In the name of Love- as an inspiration for your layout
2) Create a layout using a road sign ( bonus for using a Stop sign) some where on your lay out.
3) You must use a heart or the word Love somewhere on your layout.
4) You must use a cracked glass technique or effect on layout.

MY PAGE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST Friday January 22, 2010.
2. Even though I am on-line for only 1.5 hours, you have a total of 2 hours to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JAN10VSBNb, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Gallery Gazer

DUE TO SOME COMPUTER TIME GLITCHES, THESE CHALLENGES ARE OUT OF ORDER.

Please pay attention to the Keywords when uploading your page. If you want to be included in our Fun Hall of Fame, then please pay attention to the Upload Date/Time.

Thank you and Enjoy the challenges from our Rockin' VSBN!

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 01-16-2010 at 08:33 AM..
CraZy Cat Lady
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking MASTER THREAD: Rockin' Through The Decades

Title: My Name Is (Eminem, 1999)
Hostess: Sally (Salster)
Keyword: JAN10VSBNC
Day/Date: Friday 1-15
Time: 6:30-8

My page: My Name is Gabe

If you are familiar with Eminem you know that his songs are intended to be funny, but many people find them to be rude and crude, even a bit controversial. I myself have an odd sense of humor and can appreciate his music...but at the same time I never want my kids to hear it! lol

My challenge to you is pretty simple. Do a layout featuring ONE PERSON. Your mother, father, husband, a child, anyone you choose. The title of your page should be "My name is _____" and you must JOURNAL something FUNNY or UNUSUAL about this person. You don't even need pictures that relate to your interesting story. This is actually a great way to feature some nice pictures that don't relate to any particular holiday or special occasion!

All submissions for this challenge are here: JAN10VSBNC Gallery

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. The upload deadline for THIS challenge is 10:00 PM EST ON FRIDAY, JAN. 22, 2010.
2. You have 2 hours to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JAN10VSBNC, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Please also post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen
Gallery Gazer

Title: How To Save A Life (The Fray, 2005)
Hostess: StampingDenise
Keyword: JAN10VSBNd
Day/Date: FRIDAY JANUARY 15, 2010
Time: 8-10 pm
EST

Words & Music are HERE

I am probably the only person on the planet who is not a Grey�s Anatomy fan�. So it�s probably a bit unusual that I�m using �that song� for my challenge! (And it�s not that I don�t like the show � it�s just that I never got into it.) That show had some great music in its early seasons, and this song is no exception. Some of my favorite songs from this decade will probably be from the GA soundtrack!

In real life, my job is to write technical documentation. Instructions. So the idea of �how to� do something has a different level of meaning for me. I often say that scrapbooking and photography are my creative outlets that provide balance to my working hours.

However, tonight the two worlds are going to come crashing together. My challenge to you tonight � inspired by the song �How to Save a Life� � is to create a scrapbook layout that is based upon giving steps or instructions on how to do something. Essentially what I am looking for is a scrapbook layout created around a list of steps to tell the story around a series of photos. It can be instructions on really how to do something or the telling of an everyday story in the format of step 1, step 2, etc.

Your layout should contain at least 3 photos �to tell the story.� There should also be at least two �steps� to the story. Colors, embellishments, and layout/design are completely up to you!

MY PAGE: How to Make Soap

You can view the gallery to this challenge HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Friday January 22nd.
2. You have a total of 2 hours to complete the challenge (unless otherwise stated).
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JAN10VSBNd, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Gallery Gazer

Title: Turn The Beat Around (Vicki Sue Robinson in 1975 then Gloria Estefan 1994)
Hostess: Mary Pat (Mary_Pat419)
Keyword: Jan10VSBNg
Day/Date: Saturday / January 16, 2010
Time: 10:00 AM EST

First, I have to let you know�I absolutely ADORE both versions of this song ~ they are SO MUCH FUN! I was 9 when the first version came out; I remember playing in my friend�s basement just singing and dancing to it probably hundreds of times over the year. A few years back when my youngest daughter was about 5 or 6, she heard the Gloria Estefan version from a CD I owned�she made me play it over and over again! We use to sing, dance, and giggle at each other whenever we hear this song� now she�s at the age where I embarrass her�too bad, that only makes it more fun for momma ;-)!. Each artist puts her unique sound and touch to the song�but, it�s the same song. The beauty of this song is the sense of fun and excitement.

Same song different artist�that�s my challenge to you�same scrap page just put your touch to it. We�ve all saved a �Favorite� layout a time or two from our inspiring SCS Goals Gallery. Now it�s time to check out your saved favorites and scrap it! Try to keep the same layout and feel of the page but add your own touch to it. For example: I saved Elizabeth G.�s Fly Dumbo page in my Favorites�isn�t it a unique and fun page?! Well here is my version: Pinwheels For Peace. The key is to copy all the fun elements but make it your own. If you�re new to SCS, go to the December Goals Gallery it won�t take long to find and mark a few Favorite! Be sure to link us to your original favorite somwhere in your upload description :-) (you can view any goal gallery, I just used December to get you started)

Bonus: Make a handmade embellishments (like our pinwheels); Ribbon Flowers, multi layered die, etc. Be sure to share with us what embellishment you handmade!

The Gallery for all submissions for this challenge are HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JAN10VSBNg, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 01-17-2010 at 06:21 AM..
Die Cut Diva

Title: Don't Blink (Singer/Band: Kenny Chesney, 2007 )
Hostess: Kerry (SCS Name: Kerry3k)
Keyword: JAN10VSBNI (Letter "i" @ end)
Day/Date: Saturday, January 16
Time: 2pm EST

Check out the blog for VSBN: http://vsbnrockinout.blogspot.com/

My oldest just turned 18! It's so hard to believe that 18 years have gone already. This song reminds me of this and don't blink, before you know it years have passed and your child is grown (and you are that much older). Life happens!

"Don't blink- Just like that, you're 6 yrs old and you take a nap
And you wake up and you're 25
And your High school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink- you just might miss your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads
Next thing you know your better half of 50yrs is there in bed
And you're praying god takes you instead
Trust me, friend, a 100 yrs goes faster than you think
So don't blink"

My challenge to you is...
Time flies by and passes so quickly, so scrap a timeline of pictures in a double page layout.
The pictures can be a week/month/year of photos- or span 5yrs/10yrs/15yrs/etc.
You do not need to make an actual timeline in your layout....just use the pictures to represent a timeline.
Include patterned paper, embellishments and journaling.

For some inspiration check out:
IFC60 Here.
SBSC182 Here.
SBSC167 Here.
SBSC156 Here.
SBSC140 Here.
SBSC138 Here.
Becky Higgins sketch in May 09 CK Here.

Or any other Double page 12x12 layouts.

***Remember, interpret the challenge however you see fit- it’s VSBN! It’s not about the rules; it’s about getting memories into albums!!! Ultimately, it’s your page and your memory. Enjoy and have FUN!

MY PAGE:Don't Blink~Colin

Patscrap did this page for me in one of the SBPS (Scrap Book Photo Swap): Christopher

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Saturday, JANUARY 23
2. You have a total of 2 hours to complete the challenge (unless otherwise stated).
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JAN10VSBNI (letter "i" @ end), when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Stazon Splitcoast

Title: TOYS IN THE ATTIC (Aerosmith, 1975)
Hostess: Erika (slprunning)
Keyword: Jan10VSBNj
Day/Date: Saturday/Jan 16, 2010
Time: 4:00 PM (EST)

Check out the blog for VSBN: http://vsbnrockinout.blogspot.com/

MY STORY:
I was born in 1975- the year Aerosmith came out with a rockin� album- Toys in the Attic. You might know the song- Sweet Emotion�yes�that was on that album. As I was looking through LP covers (remember those?), the Toys in the Attic cover was the perfect inspiration for a sketch/digital template.

Aerosmith_-_Toys_in_the_Attic.jpg

MY CHALLENGE: My challenge to you is to use this sketch/digital template to guide your layout (paper or digital). Use it as a starting point for your page. Feel free to flip it, rotate it, tweak it�be creative!

Aerosmith_templat_VSBN_sketch.jpg

If you would like to create a page digitally- download the template HERE- http://www.4shared.com/file/15178455...late_VSBN.html

MY PAGE:Aerosmith_template_VSBN_sampleMediu.jpg

You can view all submissions for this challenges HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, Jan10VSBNj, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Have fun and ENJOY!;-)

My Gallery
Glitter Guru

Title: Beatles-Imagine-1971
Hostess: Fresshe (Valerie)
Keyword: JAN10VSBNk
Day/Date: Jan 16
Time: 6-8

On my signature line in my work email, my tag is “Imagine the Possibilities” and on my classroom wall I have a photo of John Lennon from his memorial in Central Park-I guess you could say that I would really like to see a world in which we not only imagined, “all the people living life in peace, but also one in which we could see that dream come true. I think we do this with our scrapbooking; we take the miracles and the goodness of our lives and scrap them so that they become a permanent part of the fabric of our lives.

So the challenge for this time period is really quite simple
*Use the word “Imagine” and/or some of the lyrics from the song somewhere on your page and scrap a person, place or event that celebrates the goodness of your life and or the goodness of the world around you.
*Bonus points for using the color of peace “I saw the color of peace: in the beautiful eyes of Medea, the gorgeous red hair of Jodi, the radiant skin of Alma, the fury and passion of Farah, the joyous smile of Ann Wright, and in the sheer beauty of Nita Evele. I saw peace in the eyes and smiles and laughter and passion and determination and compassion of every single woman (and man and child) that was there I saw peace. I felt peace. It grabbed me.. http://thewip.net/talk/2009/05/what_color_is_peace.html
*And then posting what color peace is for you and why in this thread!

Imagine there's no Heaven Imagine there're no countries
It's easy if you try It isn't hard to do
No hell below us Nothing to kill or die for
Above us only sky And no religion too
Imagine all the people Imagine all the people
Living for today Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

MY PAGE:
Imagine by fresshe at Splitcoaststampers

You can view all challengesHERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON ONE WEEK FROM THE DATE OF YOUR CHALLENGE.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, Your Keyword, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 01-17-2010 at 06:19 AM..
Stampin' Fool

Title: Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (The Beatles)
Hostess: Jennifer (jenstampingpad)
Keyword: JAN10VSBNL
Day/Date: SATURDAY JANUARY 16, 2010
Time: 9 pm

Having no idea how relevant this challenge would be until Christmas, when my husband bought me a new engagement ring!!

My challenge to you is to:

1) Use Crystal Effects or something similar to make something sparkle on your page.

2) Use sketch SBSC221.

3) Use diamonds somewhere on your layout, either a stamp, a sticker, or in my case, my new diamond ring!

MY PAGE:

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON ONE WEEK FROM THE DATE OF YOUR CHALLENG.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JAN10VSBNL, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
MASTER THREAD: Rockin' Through The Decades-100_0555.jpg  

Last edited by jenstampingpad; 01-16-2010 at 05:22 PM..
Hardware Hotshot

Title: �St George and the Dragonet� (By Stan Freburg, 1953)
Hostess: Carol (grammawamma)
Keyword: JAN10VSBNm
Day/Date: Saturday, January 16, 2010
Time: 11:00 PM (EST)

This song is a very humorous spoof on the Dragnet radio/TV series from the early 1950�s. It was released September 21, 1953 as a 45 rpm single. The recording had to be restarted several times because the trombone players were laughing so hard at the jokes that they were unable to play their instruments. The recording was a #1 hit, selling over one million copies in the first three weeks. Here�s a link to a YouTube video including the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBcASC9VqzY Be sure to click on the link and listen�you�ll be glad you did. The second song on that video is �Little Blue Riding Hood.� You should listen to it too...just for fun!

So, here�s my challenge to you:
1. Based on the opening lines from the song, �The legend you are about to hear is true Only the needle should be changed to protect the record,� you need to include sewing. This can be machine or hand sewing. It can even be faux sewing or a rub-on. Just so it LOOKS like stitching.
2. We have a Maiden so she should be represented by bling.
3. There are guns, a sword and a knight in the song, so you need to include metal on your LO to represent them.
4. And last, but definitely not least�We need to represent the dragon! Here�s the description of him from the song:

[Knave:]
Well, he was, you know, he had orange polka dots...

[St. George:]
Yes, Sir

Purple feet, breathing fire and smoke...

Mmm-hmm

And one big bloodshot eye
right in the middle of his forehead and
Uh, like that

Notice anything unusual about him

No, he's just your run-of-the-mill dragon, you know

So to represent the dragon, you need to use orange or purple in your LO AND have polka dots somewhere AND use one large picture in the middle of the page. This can also be a picture �block� or collage if you want to use more than one picture. Just so it represents the dragon�s one big bloodshot eye right in the middle of his forehead!

Here�s the summary:
1. Sewing
2. bling
3. metal
4. orange or purple
5. polka dots
6. one large picture or photo collage.

Bonus points for journaling! As St. George says, �Just for the record We just want to get the facts, Sir.�

Have fun and I can�t wait to see what you come up with!

Here's my sample: Pizza Party
A second sample here for you vintage scrappers. It is one I did a long time ago, but fits the criteria except for the stitching. After the Storm

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Saturday, January 23.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JAN10VSBNm, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

You should also post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen.
CAROL "Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell what He has done for my soul." Ps.66:16

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 01-17-2010 at 06:15 AM..
Glitter Guru

JAN10VSBNn-Jailhouse Rock 10AM
Title: Elvis Presley-Jailhouse Rock-1957
Hostess: Valerie (Fresshe)
Keyword: JAN10VSBNn
Day/Date:Jan 17
Time: 10 AM

Jailhouse Rock-older than ME!!! 1957
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpzV_0l5ILI

The warden threw a party in the county jail.
The prison band was there and they began to wail.
The band was jumpin' and the joint began to swing.
You should've heard those knocked out jailbirds sing.
Let's rock, everybody, let's rock.
Everybody in the whole cell block
was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock.

Rockin to me means Elvis! And my most vivid image from the Elvis era-although I must have seen a re-run because I wasn�t born yet- is the jailhouse rock scene when Elvis and his cronies sing in and out of their cells. I have provided you with the best picture I could find and a link to u-tube in case you want to taste a little nostalgia!

So with all of that in mind-your challenge is to create a page that reflects the clustering of the jail cells in the background with at least 3 photos and use lots of elements to represent all of the �singing Jailbirds� I think some clustering of elements might just earn you some bonus points!!
Have fun taking a trip down my particular memory lane and have fun Rockin!

MY PAGE:Route 66 by fresshe at Splitcoaststampers

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON ONE WEEK FROM THE DATE OF YOUR CHALLENG.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, Your Keyword, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Die Cut Diva

Title: Honey I'm Home (Singer/Band: Shania Twain, 1998 )
Hostess: Kerry (SCS Name: Kerry3k)
Keyword: JAN10VSBNo (this is the letter "o" @ the end)
Day/Date: Sunday, January 17
Time: 12pm EST

At some point, you must have had a very trying day in your life. This song brings it all home.

"Honey I'm home and I had a hard day
Poor me a cold one and oh, by the way
Rub my feet, gimme something to eat
Fix me up my favorite treat
Honey, I'm back, my head's killing me
I need to relax and watch TV
Get off the phone- give the dog a bone
Hey! Hey! Honey I'm Home!"

What do you do after a long day at work?
Work is outside the home or stay-at-home moms/dads.

Scrap how you relax when you can relax. OR, scrap how you would like to relax if given the chance/choice.
Fantasize about how you would relax if given no limitation and scrap it!

I challenge you to do a 2-page layout (although it is not necessary- one page is just fine also) and on the first page- show in your layout what you do in the course of your day at work.
Show how/what you do at work/ depict things you do at work/ show items you work with/show anything work related.
second page-Then show how you relax. OR....Show how you would relax IF given the chance to relax any way you wish...and YES you can use a fantasy in this part.
Journaling is a must!

For some inspiration check out:
IFC60 Here.
SBSC182 Here.
SBSC167 Here.
SBSC156 Here.
SBSC140 Here.
SBSC138 Here.

Or any other Double page 12x12 layouts.

***Remember, interpret the challenge however you see fit- it�s VSBN! It�s not about the rules; it�s about getting memories into albums!!! Ultimately, it�s your page and your memory. Enjoy and have FUN!

MY PAGE is below...

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 24
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JAN10VSBNo (letter "o" as last letter), when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
MASTER THREAD: Rockin' Through The Decades-img_7245-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 01-17-2010 at 10:30 AM..
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Title: That's What I love About Sundays (Craig Morgan, 2005)
Hostess: Charlsanne (cla616)
Keyword: JAN10VSBNP
Day/Date: Sunday, Jan 17, 2009
Time: 2:00 pm (EST)

To see the lyrics and listen to this great song click HERE

My Story:
One of my favorite songs from this decade is, "That's what I love About Sundays" by Craig Morgan, which spent four weeks at the top of the Billboard country charts and was that publication's Number One country hit of 2005

Most people seem to have a great routine and enjoy certain things about Sunday's, well I am the exception I have a husband with an inconsistent schedule and I am a Stay at home mom, so nearly everyday is Sunday to us

However, I know most have a more structured routine, so I want to know what it is that you love about Sundays.

So the challenge is to create a layout that includes lots of journaling and perhaps pictures of your favorite Sunday meal, or the group of family or friends you are usually with, perhaps you go to Church all day, or watch sports. Maybe it's enjoying a great cup of coffee while reading the paper. I just want to know what it is that makes Sunday's unique and special for you.

MY PAGE: What I "heart" About Sundays

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday, Jan 24, 2010.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JAN10VSBNP, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 01-17-2010 at 11:12 AM..
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Title: The Closer you Get (Alabama, 1983)
Hostess: Charlsanne (cla616)
Keyword: JAN10VSBNQ
Day/Date: Sunday, Jan 17, 2009
Time: 5:00 PM (EST)

My Story:
Getting married to the man I love most in the world has been the best decision I have ever made! We decided on the song "The Closer You Get" by Alabama as our wedding song. We both love modern Country music, and I adore Alabama and their style of music, so it was perfect.
My parents had signed us up for Dancing Lessons prior to our wedding, so with the beat of this song we learned the Rumba. Doing that together brought us even closer and I hope someday we can enjoy Dance Lessons again, as it truly is a magical experience.

to scrap about something that is closest and dearest to your heart, that thing you love the most. Whether it is your Significant Other, your child, a pet, or even an inanimate object.

Then I want you to use lots and lots of pictures that are, of course, put tight and close together on your layout in a nice cluster or collage. And following the lyrics in the song:
"The closer you get, The further I fall" I want some separation where you put your journaling.

So for example if all of your pictures are on the left side of the page. I want your journaling on the right side of the page, with as much space between them as possible.

The last part of this challenge is to use only the following colors, since they were my wedding colors, it's your only choice
Navy and Silver as primary, and shades of mauve tones for accents. You can add white (but it must be stark white, not off, vanilla, etc) if need be since that was the color of the linens.

The dresses were Silver tops and Navy bottoms that we had made, with the Maid of Honor wearing all Navy. The flowers throughout were shades of pinks, from light pink, to dark mauve.

MY PAGE: The closer he Gets

See below for actual pictures from my wedding for inspiration and colors

You can view all challenge entries HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday, Jan 24, 2010.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JAN10VSBNQ, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
MASTER THREAD: Rockin' Through The Decades-image1.jpg   MASTER THREAD: Rockin' Through The Decades-image1-1.jpg   MASTER THREAD: Rockin' Through The Decades-image2.jpg  
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
Stampin' Fool

Title: Defying Gravity/JUMP (Glee Cast)
Hostess: Jennifer (jenstampingpad)
Keyword: JAN10VSBNR
Day/Date: SUNDAY JANUARY 17, 2010
Time: 7 pm

The newest phenomenon sweeping the nation�s TV�s is the hit TV show Glee. Basically the show follows some very non-typical students who find that they have more in common then they ever thought. The special thing about the show is the fact that the actors can actually sing.

I actually sketched six different challenges. I could have done more! There are two songs that you may choose to scrap. They have different guidelines.

The first song is Defying Gravity. The second song is Jump.

My challenge to you is:

1) First pick which song you want to scrap.

Guidelines for Defying Gravity because it is a duet (between two people):

You need to have a split layout. Use either with one central photo in the middle with the page being split in half (either horizontally, vertically or diagonally or using a spilt negative technique.

If you choose the song JUMP:

1) Use photos with jumping
-into the pool
- into a leaf pile
- jumping for joy

2) Use some type of motion besides your photo.
-perhaps a spinner
- hidden journaling
- Iris Twist
- bouncing brayer

MY PAGE:

You can view all challenges HERE (you will add the link to your challenge)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

2. You have a total of 4 hours to complete the challenge (unless otherwise stated) IF YOU DO BOTH CHALLENGES!!!!!
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JAN10VSBNR, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.