Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #1  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking JAN09VSBN -- Wrap Up

To ALL of our Scrappin' Sisters that participated this weekend in our VSBN .... THANKS! It was a GREAT event and look at all we accomplished! Just a FEW Notes as we WRAP UP our WEEKEND.

1. Please, while you're thinking about it, reply to this thread and tell me the 3 things you liked best about this VSBN. Also, feel free to share what could have been better. If you'd rather not post in a reply, PM me! Feedback is good!

2. Please take a minute if you haven't had the chance already and post in the Unity & Gina K Forums. They were GREAT to us for this weekend!
-- Post your THANK YOU HERE for Gina K!
-- Post your THANK YOU HERE for Angela from Unity Stamps!

3. Please don't forget about PROJECT CHRISTINE - JAN09VSBNN Challenge! I'd love to see if we can get to 100 pages sent to them for this so post how many pages you send here in this thread and we'll keep a tally!

4. Don't forget you have until Sunday, Feb 8 for uploading your Pages to the Challenge Galleries! The PRIZE WINNERS and Highlighted Pages will be posted on Wed, Feb 11.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Last edited by Lmn; 02-01-2009 at 01:49 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love that all of the challenges were really down to Earth, some made me go a little out of my comfort zone a little, but not to an extreme.

I also thought it was great that so many challenges flowed together, meaning it was easy to do Double Page Spreads using 2 challenges and actually complete a full layout.

I also appreciated the fact that I didn't need to buy anything, although a little stressful not to see a supply list, but nice to know even though it was just the day before, that we should have everything we needed, just wish this info had been posted a little bit more in advance.

Big Thank You's to Gina K and Unity for their generosity, looks like there were tons of great prizes to be given out.

And really looking forward to the next one, it really kicks my butt in gear getting pages done, and now I think since I pretty much did a page from each recent event, I should be able to scrap the remaining pictures of those events, since my color scheme, layouts and flow have already been started.

Thanks again for a wonderful time, great hostesses and challenges, and can't wait till next round!
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

It was an awesome event! I had a great time, and it's was only my second one.

What could make it better....well maybe if I won a prize. LOL

It may be nice to have a spot where newbies, could find all the tips and tricks for VSBN's. Like how to navigate the gallery, how to fix things in the gallery (like going back to brush up descriptions and such, buecause I really need to give credit to the samples on some). I'm sure there are some other things, but I just can't think of them right now.

Thank you have been posted, but will do again being I made my own thread. Oops!

Project Christine is on my short list of just 6 challenges to go.

Thanks for coordinating an awesome weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for letting me be a part of this awesome event!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Three things I liked best.... all the chatting, all the challenges, all the new friends!!

I don't do well with sketches, and I learned that this time. I'm much too literal, and have a hard time if I don't have things that fit exactly with the sketch.

I love how encouraging everyone is, and how ready they are to share tips, suggestions and tricks.

I like variety in challenges. While I appreciate how much some ladies liked the similarity between some of the challenges, I would have liked a little more diversity. I really enjoyed the challenges that focused on a technique (like Chelsea and Erika). That being said, I loved every challenge!!

I will thank Gina K and Angela, but I really also want all the hostesses to know how much I appreciate them.

I'm around most days, if you ever need someone in a pinch, let me know. I'd love to hostess next time (or anytime!).
I Blog at The BunnyNest
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #6  
Preggo Brain

Location: Trying to spend as much time as possible watching Xander and Xavier grow and learn!

Lela, you did a wonderful job coordinating VSBN. THANK YOU! I had a wonderful time!

I can't think of anything that needs improvement! I loved it all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Hey Lela, GREAT JOB on coordinating a super-fantastic VSBN! Once I figured out how the whole thing worked, I loved it! Three things I loved best:

1) Super organized, clearn explanations within the challenge posts, clear links to the chat thread and gallery for each challenge.

2) The challenges were not based on owning product or rushing out to buy more stuff, but on actually telling the story of the photo/moment. Really scrapping the memories rather than feeling pressured to create "art".

3) There was lots of variety among the challenges, and options. Also, lots of opportunities within the challenges....I could step out of my comfort zone a little, or a lot, and still qualify for the challenge!

Super fun... I will certainly join the next VSBN, I hope you didn't set the bar too high from this one, girls!!!! WELL DONE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

I've only had a chance to do 3 challenges so far so I don't have much to contribute....I will come back once I've worked through more challenges!!

One thing that I can say right now that I really like is that we have till the 8th to upload!!!!

Thanks to all involved for putting on an awesome VSBN!!!! They are truly appreciated!!! I hardly get scrapbooking done without them!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoyView Post

It may be nice to have a spot where newbies, could find all the tips and tricks for VSBN's. Like how to navigate the gallery, how to fix things in the gallery (like going back to brush up descriptions and such, buecause I really need to give credit to the samples on some). I'm sure there are some other things, but I just can't think of them right now.
I was thinking something similar this afternoon from a newbie perspective...my thoughts were around preparation. I had thought perhaps I would send them to you, but since you asked:
To prepare (and some may be common sense):
1)Gather some pics that if a challenge came along that without a theme would be good to scrap
2)Gather up some sketches for challenges that include perhaps a theme/supplies that you can go to quickly
3)Coordinate packs of paper if you don't have many kits (like me) & embellishments

These were things that I will do better next time. The ORGANIZATION of the event was PHENOMENAL (sp). Lela, you did a great job. I have no idea how you kept track of each thread, the master thread, and managed to SCRAP at the same time. (Do you have a big S tattooed on your chest and a cape

I got 4 pages done, which for me is the amount I got done in 2008 and I did it all during naptimes or bedtimes and I went to bed on time this weekend (as DH was gone and my furnace went out in the middle of it). That is a big deal for me. I have learned a ton about my style, my PERFECTIONISM, and how to be more productive so I can get books done. As we think about Project Christine, that really is what it's about - MAKING the memories & CAPTURING them for our families. (As long as capturing them doesn't replace making them.)

Thanks again. hth

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #10  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Excellent!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoyView Post

I LOVE this idea! I will definitely start working on this for the next one as you're right....a "Tips and Tricks" Thread would help those hesitant to jump in and play or even those still learning their way around.

GREAT Feedback!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

What little I was able to participate was FABULOS-O! As usual Lela, you are hyper-organized and efficient which I completely appreciate. I've only gotten the first two challenges completed but look forward to completing the rest this month. I would agree with a newbie notice (though I'm no longer a newbie...just remember when I was!). I've been MIA during January but plan to hang out more now that the calendar seems a bit lighter.

To those of you that can scrap, chat, and get things done in real life...I bow to the Masters! I'm definitely not that coordinated and wish I were!

Gotta say I LOVE the Master List...I'm off to copy it so I can work on projects all week ;-)

Thank you to all the ladies who prepared the challenges! Thank you to the companies that supported our Scrap Fix with prizes! Looking forward to seeing what the Project Christine is about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #12  
Embossing Fanatic

this was my first VSBN and I had a great time. The challenges were great and I got a lot of pages done this weekend. Looking forward to the next one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 07:06 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

I loved this weekend.

I was a little worried about the no shopping list. When we have VSN we get a printable. I totally liked that. I can make a template if needed.

I still have a few layouts to go, but I am well on my way!

Thanks to everyone. Great ideas and inspiration.

I can donate prizes next time

(I didn't know how to thank the SCS fan club though.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Another item for the next one...

A Mom can you list.... how many of us spent the weekend getting bombarded with:

Mom, can you get me a snack?
Mom, can you help me find this?
Mom, can we take a bath now (saw that one today
Mom, can blah, blah, blah

either an all encompassing list to help us prepare for everything under the sun that our family asks for OR

some type of fun challenge like the shot drinking days in college.. I honestly never participated, but remember roomies picking a special word and then doing shots every time the word was said during the program....just tallying it would be a fun challenge or incorporating it into a LO

It's late and I'm being goofy! Thanks again, this really was fun & inspiring!

Jan 0/8
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #15  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Good Point

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenstampingpadView Post
I loved this weekend.

I was a little worried about the no shopping list. When we have VSN we get a printable. I totally liked that. I can make a template if needed.
I will add that to the TIPS & TRICKS Thread...good point!

VSBN is different from VSN in that we're looking to use STASH! It makes it easier for everyone to just use what they have so more people will play. We could have posted about the Acrylic Challenge though as that one took some ideas listed in the thread or some hunting.

I like that idea, we need to explain why we don't have a "shopping list" per se...or if something is unique, list it as "needed" so they can have it out!

YAY! Good Ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #16  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Oh My Goodness!

Quote:

Originally Posted by awjmgmomView Post
Another item for the next one...

A Mom can you list.... how many of us spent the weekend getting bombarded with:

Mom, can you get me a snack?
Mom, can you help me find this?
Mom, can we take a bath now (saw that one today
Mom, can blah, blah, blah

either an all encompassing list to help us prepare for everything under the sun that our family asks for OR

some type of fun challenge like the shot drinking days in college.. I honestly never participated, but remember roomies picking a special word and then doing shots every time the word was said during the program....just tallying it would be a fun challenge or incorporating it into a LO

It's late and I'm being goofy! Thanks again, this really was fun & inspiring!
THAT IS ABSOLUTELY AN AWESOME Idea! We can create a list of FUNNY "Mom or Honey Can you get me..." Items and every time you hear one of them you can check them off....kind of like BINGO. The scrapper that hears the most requests from the LIST can win a PRIZE!! I love it!

I'm DEFINITELY adding that one! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #17  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
What little I was able to participate was FABULOS-O! As usual Lela, you are hyper-organized and efficient which I completely appreciate. I've only gotten the first two challenges completed but look forward to completing the rest this month. I would agree with a newbie notice (though I'm no longer a newbie...just remember when I was!). I've been MIA during January but plan to hang out more now that the calendar seems a bit lighter.

To those of you that can scrap, chat, and get things done in real life...I bow to the Masters! I'm definitely not that coordinated and wish I were!

Gotta say I LOVE the Master List...I'm off to copy it so I can work on projects all week ;-)

Thank you to all the ladies who prepared the challenges! Thank you to the companies that supported our Scrap Fix with prizes! Looking forward to seeing what the Project Christine is about.
I was kind of thinking about that too....my thought have a few PRE-VSBN Challenges Posted and then at the CHALLENGE time, everyone can post their layouts to the thread at that time. At the end of it, we could give a Prize right then. That way, for those that really want to focus on the challenge, they could have the time to do it and come "prepared" with it done for that time slot?! OR---come with the basics and the challenge will be just adding the elements or ebellishments listed? Then post. I think it would be fun to post, and "cheer" right while we're all on. Maybe come up with a couple challenges that have alittle more to them...or ask for DPS...or something!!

GREAT FEEDBACK Ladies! I'm makin' a list of all of this! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 09:28 PM   #18  
Mad Swapper

VSBN is always awesome. The challenges that were presented were amazing!
I wasn't around much this weekend but I'm sure I can find 3 things.

1) It was well coordinated and smoothly run
2) Each challenge could be easily done by those saving our pennies or those who like to spend!
3) Great techniques and verstile sketches were introduced

Most of all, it was a time for fun and many memories were added to scrapbooks all over the world!

Jan 0/10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

This was my first one that I was able to participate in...to some degree...it was a busy weekend, but lucky for me, I did get a start of Friday night that spurred me into hanging in there throughout the weekend sporadically...
And, I love that I can upload throughout this week...encourages me to use the GREAT challenges to continue to inspire me and get some more pages done this week!

Thank you to all the great Hostesses and you, Lela for orchestrating the entire weekend.
Big Thank You's to Gina K and Unity for their generosity, looks like there were tons of great prizes to be given out.

VSBN was well organized, inspiring, super fun.
Great ideas for the Challenges that were 'doable' As others have said, with what we have in our homes...and indeed made us pull out things we haven't used in a while.
I loved loitering around the chat threads, too.
And love seeing what everyone is doing with their interpretations.

Just a really rewarding weekend for myself, to push to actually complete some pages with photos that have been hanging around for too long!
THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #20  

First off, to Lela and all the hostesses--KUDOS to you all!! And thank you for all the hard work. This was definitely a well-organized weekend! I thought this VSBN was the best ever! I loved the Days of Our Lives theme which made it easy to do because we didn't have to translate the theme into using our photos from everyday life. Sometimes the challenges with, say, a sports theme, get me off track, even though I know the goal isn't literally to just scrap sports stuff. This theme was just up front and simple.

Having the ladies from Unity and Gina K participate and offer prizes was AWESOME! It provided new ideas, some great sample pages and, certainly,motivation! I'm sure we had some new people who joined in on the challenges due to Unity and Gina K connection who will have liked what they see. Hope we'll get some other stamp companies next time too!

I loved the master thread, which I have printed out so I have all the challenges together to refer to. The only thing I'd like to see next time is the name of the person hosting the challenge at the top of each challenge in the master thread instead of having to go the chat thread to find out. I'd love it if it could be in both places. At the beginning of the weekend, I thought Lela was hosting the challenge I was reading, until I went into a chat thread and saw the hostess's name. That's about the only thing I would change. Everything else was so awesomely well put together.

Again, thanks, Lela for a job WELL DONE--and thanks to all the rest of the people--both hostesses and the behind-the-scenes people. I think this VSBN gave a boost to the scrapbook side of SCS and definitely drew in some new faces who will return again and again!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 08:04 AM   #21  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Another Good Idea!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LalaView Post
Great ideas for the Challenges that were 'doable' As others have said, with what we have in our homes...and indeed made us pull out things we haven't used in a while.
Laurie...another GREAT idea for the Tips & Tricks Thread....maybe we don't have Shopping List but "recommended" supplies or tools to have on-hand is another idea! It would be fun to pull out more stuff that I don't use as often.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 08:06 AM   #22  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Another Good Idea!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
I thought this VSBN was the best ever! I loved the Days of Our Lives theme which made it easy to do because we didn't have to translate the theme into using our photos from everyday life. Sometimes the challenges with, say, a sports theme, get me off track, even though I know the goal isn't literally to just scrap sports stuff. This theme was just up front and simple.

I loved the master thread, which I have printed out so I have all the challenges together to refer to. The only thing I'd like to see next time is the name of the person hosting the challenge at the top of each challenge in the master thread instead of having to go the chat thread to find out.
Wendy...I liked the theme for the same reason! Easy to translate into whatever picts you had!

I love the HOSTESS Name on the Master Thread Idea too! I'm actually going to go add that to this one now and have it definitely on the list for next time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 08:07 AM   #23  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking THANK YOU!

I really appreciate all of you taking the Time to provide FEEDBACK! It's EXCELLENT INFO --- all of them! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #24  
Hardware Hotshot

I love a VSBN! You did an AWESOME job, Lela! It was wonderful. I've only done 5 challenge, but I have another planned as soon as I get a few minutes back in my room (hopefully tonight!). I'm really hoping to get through to all of them. I make a point NOT to read ahead - I only open the challenges as I can do them, so I have no idea what the challenges are that I haven't gotten to yet.

3 Things I Love
* VSBN on a weekend I can actually participate. What, you didn't plan that around my schedule? Oh, well, then let's say TERRIFIC challenges from great hostesses. I love the way the challenges are so well planned and thought out.

* I do think the challenges are cohesive enough to revolve around a theme (sometimes our interpretations of the theme!) and yet diverse enough to allow a lot of personalization.

* I love sketch challenges! I've gotten to be a lazy scrapper!

Something I'd like to see in the future:
* Hmmmm. Gosh, I can't think of anything better. Maybe more time in the weekend?

I do appreciate the vendor support for VSBN. It's so nice to know that the vendors appreciate the fun we have on the SCS scrapbooking forums!

Also a HUGE thank you to the hostesses. You put together some amazing challenges and I really appreciate the time you put into planning your challenges as well as monitoring during VSBN, responding, chatting, and choosing your winners. I don't envy you that job!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #25  
Glitter Guru

I think the challenges were great and I appreciate all the hard work that goes into hosting the whole vsbn and each challenge-so I think everything turned out wonderfully

What I would like to see is more comments left in the Gallery-so perhaps some sort of competition for leaving gallery love-I think we did something like that before-when we get so busy making our pages, sometimes it is hard to set aside time to browse the gallery--we had a ton of pages posted-I know I have spent at least 2 hours leaving comments and will leave some more-all the pages are great and deserve to be recognized and oohed over by everyone who participates
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 05:08 AM   #26  
Kookie Creator

This was my first VSBN with SCS. I liked it, even though I wasn't able to participate as much as I liked :(

That being said,

1) I love that we have until the 8th to upload. Awesome. That gives people a chance to participate who maybe couldn't do it all this weekend.
2) I love the "master challenge list."
3) Great variety of challenges: sketches, techniques, themes.

If I could change something, it would be my schedule so I was able to do more
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianKristinView Post
Hey Lela, GREAT JOB on coordinating a super-fantastic VSBN! Once I figured out how the whole thing worked, I loved it! Three things I loved best:

1) Super organized, clearn explanations within the challenge posts, clear links to the chat thread and gallery for each challenge.

2) The challenges were not based on owning product or rushing out to buy more stuff, but on actually telling the story of the photo/moment. Really scrapping the memories rather than feeling pressured to create "art".

3) There was lots of variety among the challenges, and options. Also, lots of opportunities within the challenges....I could step out of my comfort zone a little, or a lot, and still qualify for the challenge!

Super fun... I will certainly join the next VSBN, I hope you didn't set the bar too high from this one, girls!!!! WELL DONE!
Totally ditto all this, and want to add that having vendor prizes/support/hostesses was so cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 09:08 AM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Question on deadline for posting as the weeks wraps up....

Lela - I have a question that "wraps up" the week for me so forgive me for posting it here. Do we have until midnight on Sat or Sun to get our pages posted? Will we be allowed to post on Sunday or if you don't have fan club privileges, do you need to post by the end of the nite on Saturday? I'm wondering on my timing for posting.

TIA!

Jan 0/8
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #29  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Thanks to all of the "behind the scenes" folks! You did a super job. I love the variety, even though I didn't get to all of the challenges.
I finally mailed Christine Project yesterday (Thurs)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 06:10 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

I LOVED the theme! It invited all kinds of pages and the hostesses did a great job of leaving things really open to interpretation!

I thought having member company hostesses was a stroke of GENIUS - what a GREAT way to get prizes!!! :mrgreen:

It was IMPECCABLY organized, well-explained, the lead-up challenges were fantabulous, the hostesses were all really responsive and each challenge was like its own cocktail party!

By the way, all the guests who attended the party were a huge hilight for me! You gals with all your sparkling wit, artistic genius and your generosity of spirit made this vsbn a truly welcoming and festive experience for me.

To me it was, in a word, perfect!

Great job, Lela!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 03:40 AM   #31  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was my first VSBN. It was awesome!!

3 thinkgs I liked:
1) So well organized.
2) The challenges were easy to accomplish and interpret. (VSN really took some strained brain thinking).
3) I was not away at work and could participate.

The one thing that was challenging to me, and this could be because I am new to scrapbooking, was not having pictures ready for the theme. I am guessing most scrapbokers have boxes of pictures organized just waiting to go on paper. What's funny is I just started scrapbooking a week before VSBN. I was so excited when I saw what was planned for the weekend!!

A big thanks to all you ladies who helped to put this on.

When's the next one??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 03:59 AM   #32  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something else I just thought of...Is it possible to put these events on the calender here on SCS? Like I said, I am new to scrapbooking and don't follow the forums. I didn't know it was happening until the posting on the front page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 05:02 AM   #33  
kraf*T*y mama

What a WONDERFUL VSBN LELA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was really excellent!!!! I have been on all sides of VSBN, participant, hostess and even co-coordinator and this was the BEST EVER!!!!!

LOVED the challenges!!!!! Personally I would love a sketch with every one just for fun but I have a sketch book of my own I've printed off so that ok too!

I think a supplies you might need list would be good that way we can dig out our acrylic or distress tool chipboard if we need to and purchase if we want to!

I love that the challenges were broad enough that most everyone would have pictures for ALL of them!!!

I would love to see the cheerleading/leaving love thread contest in all VSBN's and have it go through the deadline to upload as well!

Maybe some kind of printable list/grid of challenges so we can print off and work on them.

Lela you did a fabulous job!!!! Let me know if you need a hostess or any kind of help for the upcoming ones!!!!

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2009, 05:38 AM   #34  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by andibView Post
This was my first VSBN. It was awesome!!

3 thinkgs I liked:
1) So well organized.
2) The challenges were easy to accomplish and interpret. (VSN really took some strained brain thinking).
3) I was not away at work and could participate.

The one thing that was challenging to me, and this could be because I am new to scrapbooking, was not having pictures ready for the theme. I am guessing most scrapbokers have boxes of pictures organized just waiting to go on paper. What's funny is I just started scrapbooking a week before VSBN. I was so excited when I saw what was planned for the weekend!!

A big thanks to all you ladies who helped to put this on.

When's the next one??
This one was my problem. I had just printed off pictures from the past couple of months, so I made them all work (which it is nice to have them done now), but I haven't had all my pictures printed from the past few years that need to be scrapped. That is one of my goals though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #35  
Hardware Hotshot

Location: between diaper blow-outs and baby dolls...the happiest place on earth! ;)

Lela you did an AWESOME job as the coordinator!!!! I had such an amazing job this VSBN!!!!!

The only thing I think I would maybe change is to make sure each challenge is DIFFERENT. I mean...they were all a *little* different, but I felt like a lot of them were VERY similar, kwim?

I also LOVE having prizes...but then, who doesn't?!?! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2009, 10:31 AM   #36  
Hardware Hotshot

Lela, I think that you did a great job with this VSBN!!! The challenges did flow together well which made it easy to do dps! I didn't get every challenge done, but they were all great. I have printed them out so I can continue working on them. At first I thought they were going to be all about favorites since 3 of the first 6 were to do a LO with our favorite thing or what we love the most. But it did even out in the end and was quite a variety of challenges. I was really impressed with the Project Christine challenge and really hope that a lot more ladies do the challenge than are posted in the thread now! BTW, Lela, I did a dps for this challenge and will be pm'ing you for the addy to send to! Already looking forward to the next VSBN!
CAROL "Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell what He has done for my soul." Ps.66:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2009, 06:04 PM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

Could someone point me in the direction of where the winners are posted for the challenges?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2009, 06:18 PM   #38  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekygirlView Post
Could someone point me in the direction of where the winners are posted for the challenges?

Thanks!
They are not posted yet. They will be posted after all the hostesses turn in the pages they would like to be recognized. Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #39  
Hardware Hotshot

They are posted now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2009, 06:43 AM   #40  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking YUP!

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekygirlView Post

Thanks!
POSTED HERE :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes