Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-31-2023, 06:21 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Your Favorites from 2023 (Long post)

There are several threads floating around here where we discuss all the stupid crafty things we've bought over the years. I LOVE those threads. They make me laugh uncontrollably and make me realize there are a lot of crafters out there that fall victim to the trends like I do. (Never stop buying stupid things, ladies, never stop!)

However, I'd like to do the opposite with this thread and discuss our favorites from 2023. Whether it was a tool or stamp set or idea book or whatever. It was that item that was totally worth your $$$ and time and that you think others might enjoy as well. My favorite (and recommended) items are below:

1. Rolling storage cart. I know these have been out for a while, but I finall splurged and purchased one. OMG! Having all my tools so handy is a game changer for me. LOVE! This is the one I have: 4-tier Rolling Storage Cart I like that I can adjust the trays and the posts come in sections, so it breaks down easily-ish to take with me to crops.

2. GinaK Wreath builder. I'm still playing with this and there's a learning curve, but I'm having fun. And it's affordable. Wreath builder

3. Blending brushes. They are trendy and expensive, but I use the heck out of them. I have this set: Blending brushes

4. Magnetic Tray. I have really gotten into dies this year and this tray is a life saver for all those little pieces that like to hide amongst my paper. You can pick it up at most hardware or autoparts stores. I got mine at Lowes: Magnetic Tray Bonus: It sticks to the side of my rolling cartwhen I'm not using it.

5. You Tube. Not a purchase (other than I pay for internet), but I've found some great channels this year that have inspired me to get my mojo back. Some of my favs are: Cathy Zielske, GinaK Designs, Scrapbooking Quebec, Maymay Made It, Annette Green, Victoria Marie Designs and Elizabeth Craft Designs.

So what did you fall in love with in 2023 that I should add to my Must Have List for 2024.

Hang on. Let me overthink this.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by NerdyBeth:
DancesWithHooves (01-09-2024), DianeinSparks (01-01-2024), lovinpaper (12-31-2023), pepperann (01-09-2024), Teachybaby (01-10-2024), wavejumper (01-13-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 07:50 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 253 Likes on 178 Posts

I am still in love with my die cuts despite having the Scan and Cut. I just cannot for the life of me figure it out and its a pain to get out, hook it up, etc. so I really should just sell it. I also love magnet sheets I found at Home Depot which are actually vent covers.

I also love blending brushes and have found them many different places.

I am in love with Concord & 9th , The Greetery, Avery Elle and The Stamp Market are my fave stamp companies and I continue to support them!

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
pepperann (01-09-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 04:09 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,769 Likes on 1,877 Posts

I have added two tools to my creating this year that I use all of the time.

1. Small fine tip glue bottles: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NDJ64MG...t_details&th=1

2. A pressure tool for my Misti: https://www.scrapbook.com/store/ldrs-1040.html (my tool is rose gold not black).

LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
pepperann (01-09-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 05:00 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 318 Likes on 204 Posts

Even though I do not own a Misti I bought a Turnabout Guide from Concord & 9th - and I am using it. It has a sticky surface that is washable, and I use it to hold my cardstock in place. My old SAMJ is still in service but at times it slides the paper between aligning and stamping. The turnabout solved this problem.

Last edited by gaylestamps; 12-31-2023 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by gaylestamps:
ChrisO (01-02-2024), cjzim (02-02-2024), lovinpaper (12-31-2023), pepperann (01-09-2024), STINKY (01-16-2024)
Old 01-01-2024, 07:46 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Grip Mat

I just love my Waffle Flower grip mats. They make using my Misti even more easy. No need for snapping magnets that can be in the way. Bought the largest one to stencil with, no need for tape. https://waffleflower.com/collections/grip-mats

Last edited by browpr; 01-01-2024 at 07:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 7 users liked this post by browpr:
ChrisO (01-02-2024), cjzim (02-02-2024), fl_beachbum (01-02-2024), LizBeth1976 (01-10-2024), pepperann (01-09-2024), Speechy53 (02-07-2024), whim6915 (01-09-2024)
Old 01-01-2024, 08:38 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 669 Likes on 421 Posts

for me the game changer tool is this glue press from My Sweet Petunia, I have been using one since about a week after they went live on Lydia's blog and I am thinking this will be the gift I give to paper crafty people on my list this year. I totally forgot to put the cap on before Ieft on vacation in December and when I got home the lid has a tiny needle inside the cap I put that through the tip of the bottle and YAY it totally works just fine like I never left it.

https://www.mysweetpetunia.com/MISTI...ess-bundle.htm

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by JBgreendawn:
ChrisO (01-06-2024), cjzim (02-02-2024), MangieB (01-10-2024), pepperann (01-09-2024), skm330mks (01-10-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 04:41 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 976 Likes on 475 Posts

I finally decided to give Mica sprays a try and I'm really enjoying learning to use them. Spatter/splatter and spraying... so fun and shiny

A waffle flower mat is on my list for this year. I know they're good for all sorts of things but my main reason is to keep my paper in place in my Misti. I want to be able to re-stamp after i color and the current products I use don't always stay in place well enough.

Reply With Quote Likes
pepperann (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 03:52 AM   #8  

Received 1,392 Likes on 522 Posts

You all are convincing me I need a Waffle Flower mat! I rarely use my Misti and it's because the paper shifts, mainly due to the clear stamps sticking to it. Also, the magnets require cutting a larger piece of paper than I need. Sounds like a Waffle Flower mat would also make it easier to use a Misti in my library cardmaking classes.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cnsteele:
cjzim (02-02-2024), pepperann (01-09-2024), STINKY (01-16-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 10:50 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheermomView Post
I am still in love with my die cuts despite having the Scan and Cut. I just cannot for the life of me figure it out and its a pain to get out, hook it up, etc. so I really should just sell it. I also love magnet sheets I found at Home Depot which are actually vent covers.

I am in love with Concord & 9th , The Greetery, Avery Elle and The Stamp Market are my fave stamp companies and I continue to support them!
I agree with you completely on the Scan n' Cut - what an expensive regret (and I need to get rid of it.)
Reply With Quote Likes
ChrisO (01-10-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 04:40 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 976 Likes on 475 Posts

I'm enjoying using my scan n cut, but yeah - expensive and space hogging tool to have if you don't use it! I felt that way about my silhouette years ago. It was such a relief to sell it. Although I use the SNC for cutting out stamped images, it gets the most use for scrapbooking (cut files and titles). If it were just my card making, I probably wouldn't use/want it as much.

Another thing I use a lot after years hiding in my stash is a large clear block. Not for stamping, but to weigh things down so they adhere or flatten out! lol So glad I didn't get rid of it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2024, 02:28 AM   #11  

Received 1,392 Likes on 522 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_beachbumView Post
I'm enjoying using my scan n cut, but yeah - expensive and space hogging tool to have if you don't use it! I felt that way about my silhouette years ago. It was such a relief to sell it. Although I use the SNC for cutting out stamped images, it gets the most use for scrapbooking (cut files and titles). If it were just my card making, I probably wouldn't use/want it as much.

Another thing I use a lot after years hiding in my stash is a large clear block. Not for stamping, but to weigh things down so they adhere or flatten out! lol So glad I didn't get rid of it!
If you didn't already know, Scrapbook and Cards Today magazine has free cut files on their site. Here's another page on their site with free cut files and printables for scrapbooks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2024, 04:03 PM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 732 Likes on 354 Posts

Maybe it is just me but I cant get the rolling cart to open. I have not heard of a "travelling" one before.

I have been using the vent covers for years now for my die storage. You can cut them with regular scissors to any size. Far more economical than pre cut piece of mag from the companies.

Hmmm I may be another one for getting waffle mats....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2024, 05:53 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnsteeleView Post
You all are convincing me I need a Waffle Flower mat! I rarely use my Misti and it's because the paper shifts, mainly due to the clear stamps sticking to it. Also, the magnets require cutting a larger piece of paper than I need. Sounds like a Waffle Flower mat would also make it easier to use a Misti in my library cardmaking classes.
All those problems are solved by the grip mat from Waffle Flower
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2024, 01:32 PM   #14  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheermomView Post

Check out Papered Chef to learn everything Scan n Cut (YouTube). She has a bunch of videos using different functions, including cutting stamped images.
Reply With Quote Likes