Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-27-2020, 03:23 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xyron

Hi i was wondering if anyone knows if xyron are still making their machines? Like the 1.5 inch x one and the bigger 5 inch and 3 inch creative station

Do they still make the refills?

I am from Australia so I CANNOT shop Amazon US only from Amazon Australia

Everywhere is out if stock for the small ones and I had thought that for intricate die cuts that it would be amazing to have a 5 inch one that you can just put it through tear it off cos sometimes the machine doesn't cut through the double stick tape and the die this way add tape after and don't need to deal with liquid glue (which I totally dislike!)

In other news I managed to get a stamp off block and put onto the ez mount so I can use in my MISTI it says eitj love at christmas
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 02:02 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

I cannot help you with the Xyron question but I can tell you that your Stampin' Up! demo can help you with a very similar product. Check out Adhesive Sheets; they're #152334 in the US catalog. They also have Foam Adhesive Sheets #152815, which are fun for popping up things like die cut letters.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 03:34 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Yes, they are still making Xyron's. They are really popular with the Diamond Painting crowd right now. I think there is a supply and demand for them with that crowd. Covid- I think there might be some distribution delays.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 03:16 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220View Post
I cannot help you with the Xyron question but I can tell you that your Stampin' Up! demo can help you with a very similar product. Check out Adhesive Sheets; they're #152334 in the US catalog. They also have Foam Adhesive Sheets #152815, which are fun for popping up things like die cut letters.
I have adhesive sheets but for some intricate dies my machine the electric cut and boss can't cut through it with xyron is doesn't have to

I get from a online shop cos I'm not with stamping up I haven't ever bought from them

But thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 04:47 PM   #5  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 610 Likes on 430 Posts

I just looked at the  xyron website they still make the x, but it seems the other sizes have switched to a creative station and away from the older style. 

Last edited by PMR; 11-28-2020 at 04:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2020, 04:01 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

They are in short supply but you can find them on Amazon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2020, 12:51 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Spotlight (in Australia) used to stock them - they have them on "clearance" on their website so stores may or may not have them. I have the Creative Station Lite ( takes 3" and 5" ) and have found it very handy. But they seem very expensive for what they are.
I see "Mightyape" have the sticker maker - they are in NZ so their shipping to Australia is not too bad. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2020, 05:12 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Default xyron

Thank you so much for the info i did see it on spotlights website and you know i got sick forgot about it and now theres none left.

Unfortunately for me i cannot use spray adhesive find glue hard to use i thought the 5 inch might be good for large background dies is that correct? i was gonna get the machine which was $100 for the same one you have creative station lite the one with 3 and 5 inch but i thought if i cant get the refills what was the point.

instead im getting a bunch of ink pads and refills a make art stay tion and also a waffle flower mini mat as well so i doing very well so far and santa always has surprises up his sleeve too!

Im a bit excited about getting this stuff its not what i call like a want its more of a need my distress oxides pads are very empty and dry and so are the distress ones too so i have had to buy like 25 refills i didnt have the money to buy both at same time i reckon the oxides have lasted 2 years and the mini distress have lasted 3 or 4!i use both and go between them depending what im doing,

Does anyone have a good storage tip for ink refills??? i gonna need it

thanks for the NZ suggestion i will have a google into that! Im in adelaide where are you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2020, 04:09 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

For storage tips, check out the Mission: Organization area of the forum. You can do a search within that forum for ink refills to pull up the threads related to that. So many ideas have been shared over the years! Have fun!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2020, 04:43 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I looked at getting the bigger Xyron but its way too expensive. 
I have one of those glue tape things that is repositionable- it makes a snail trail of sticky. I put the item face down and  put the snail trails on it, it doesn't matter if some goes over the edge onto my cutting mat as the sticky stuff breaks off at the edge.  I use the xyron sticky remover rubber thing , I always seem to need it with the Xyron so needing it with the tape is OK for me.

There are some ladies that use the Xyron refills without the machine! There's no way that I could do that successfully, it takes me a few goes to get the tape dispenser at the right angle. 

I am in Canberra, but grew up in Adelaide. 

Reply With Quote Likes