Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xron sticker X machine?

I was wondering if you own this little Xron X machine do you use it lots? Is it easy to use? Seems like it would be a very good tool!

Just looking for some opinions!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 10:34 AM   #2  
Inking Addict

Subbing on this one. I have a sticker machine in a cabinet in my craft room that has never been used. I'd love to know what all it can be used for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

I have it, I use it here and there. My only issue with it is that it seems to waste a lot of the roll of adhesive. I usually use it if I cut smaller letters out of my cricut or sometimes for ribbon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I do have it, but I don't use it very often. Actually, most of the time, I FORGET that I have it!! Hahahhaa. It does work great, put as many small items in as you can, so you don't waste any of the glue. I need to get mine out, and use it more often!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

I use it for my Quickutz letters all of the time. I also use it for journaling strips on scrapbook pages, etc. It is a GREAT little thing to have on hand!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I use it for alphas cur from my Cricut the most. I leave it sitting on my scrap table so I can grab it as needed. I will sometimes use it for small die cuts too, but it really helps for sticking down alphas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavvyKatView Post
I was wondering if you own this little Xron X machine do you use it lots? Is it easy to use? Seems like it would be a very good tool!

Just looking for some opinions!
I wouldn't be without mine. As a matter of fact, when I moved from Florida to Tennessee I couldn't remember which box it was in, so I bought another at Wal-Mart. I have the small flowers that Michaels sells in the bridal department and I like to stack them. The X is fabulous for this. I run as many as I need all at one time. I would say "Get It". If you use small items to embellish, you won't regret getting it. I also love the rest of the Xyron machines, the 250, 510 and 900. They make it so easy to glue things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have this little baby and other XYRON sticker machines and I love them all. I find that they save me lots of time. Sometimes it can be so difficult to try and glue certain items with traditonal glue sticks etc. and it is so cool to just run your item through the machine and it comes out on the other side ready to stick to the world. :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the X, 250 and 500. I use them all. Even the X which is only 1.5 wide comes in handy for letters, small die cuts and border items. Mine sit out all the time and never get put under cover.

You just need to watch as you feed items through to start the next one as soon as you can't see the end of the preceeding item. That way you don't overlap items or waste the adhesive.

I think it's deceiving to call it a sticker machine. I see it as just an adhesive machine.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
I have the X, 250 and 500. . . . Even the X which is only 1.5 wide comes in handy for letters, small die cuts and border items.

You just need to watch as you feed items through to start the next one as soon as you can't see the end of the preceeding item. That way you don't overlap items or waste the adhesive.
Same here.

My daughter just did a large poster for school. We cut out all the letters (and there were a LOT) with my Slice and then ran them, one right after the other, through the Xyron X.

My DH actually hinted at what a cool little tool (??) it was to be able to make "stickers."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #11  
Inking Addict

I use the X all the time for letters or small embellishments
I also used the 510 but may have to stop since the refills are so expensive for it. It is very easy to use with large items like flourishes or flowers.
Most everything else I use ATG or the red tape.

I use the quickie glue pen for very tiny items or mini glue dots if not too small
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

I love mine for alphas - just stamp them, cut them out, and so easy to run through the machine

and they all lived scrappily ever after - my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

i have the 150 and 500. I use the 150 the most for those small parts
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

I have the X and the 900 - use them both a lot. I use my X for nearly every card because I mostly do die cuts with my Sizzix and not stamping - and it's SO handy for sticking down those small little pieces. I want to get the 250 for my larger dies. I use my 900 a lot for bigger projects - like altering things. When I was making double-sided bookmarks the 900 was wonderful because they didn't peel up at ALL! I also like the 900 for things like altering paint cans - works great to run the lid circles through to glue down on top of the paint can lids - and I love that I can get adhesive all along the entire sheet for altering the actual can. It also works great for vellum! Only adhesive I have ever tried that doesn't show through, since it is a constant sheet, just rub the vellum down well and it looks great.

I'd highly recommend at least the X. I thought I didn't need either of them, and I am so glad to have them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 03:48 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampticianView Post
I have this little baby and other XYRON sticker machines and I love them all. I find that they save me lots of time. Sometimes it can be so difficult to try and glue certain items with traditonal glue sticks etc. and it is so cool to just run your item through the machine and it comes out on the other side ready to stick to the world. :p

Me too! There are lots of ways to conserve and get the most of the Xyron machines. They are not for every glue job, though. It depends on the size/quantity of the items to be "stuck", LOL! I wouldn't be without them, but then I also wouldn't be without my ATG, Tombow, Herma dots, Zip Dry, double-stick scotch tape, 2-Way Zig glue pen... the list goes on!! I just like always having just the right adhesive for the job. Adhesive is rarely wasted in my craft room and it is all money well spent in the end.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 03:49 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Love my little x sticker maker. It works great for little die cut alphabets, and things like that. I also like it for ribbon if I'm not tying it into a bow. It stays put that way, and you don't see any little squares of adhesive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Another fun way to use this is to run your item through so that it puts the adhesive on the side facing up, and then you can adhere glitter, beads, or whatever other embellishment your heart desires!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 01:53 AM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

i wont go anywhere with out it use it all the time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 02:01 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have the X and the old 850. I use my X often enough, especially with letters and little punches. Use a coupon and you can't go wrong.

Inkspots101 my crafting blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 05:57 AM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

My LSS owner showed me how to use the cartridge for the X model Xyron. Hold the cartridge with the see-thru roller up then place the item to be made a sticker right side face up, pull the 'tape' until the last item clears the cartridge plastic then cut the tape. I leave a little 'tongue' so that I have a pull tab for the next time. She said that the housing wastes alot of the tape. So that I remember which end to have up, I use a permanent marker and draw an arrow on the sides of the cartridge. I use this method for Alphies, small items (stems, leaves, etc.) all the time. Buy the cartridges with a coupon whenever I need more.

I have the 510 and use it for larger items. These 2 work well for me since I make mostly cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 08:26 AM   #21  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 612 Likes on 431 Posts

worth every penny and I would even pay full price for it. I use if for cricut pieces. I brought it to a weekend crop and everyone wanted to borrow the x. I have a 510 and 900 too, but the X gets used a lot! I do not worry about wasting the tape it is cheap enough and my time and sanity are worth something too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #22  
Gallery Gazer

Add my vote to "Love it!" I actually bought mine quite a few years ago and didn't even think of using it until someone mentioned it on here. The adhesive roll that was on there was still in fine condition...it had to have been at least 5 years old! It is great for paper piecing and my favorite thing to do with it is to glue the hearts from the MS scallop heart punch onto nestability scallops, as seen here and here. No way would I be able to get glue on the backs of those any other way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

It's always out on my craft table. Great for all the small things that need adhering. Yes, it does seem to use up the adhesive too fast, but I still love it. I use coupons for AC Moore to buy refills to keep on hand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #24  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 LifeView Post
My LSS owner showed me how to use the cartridge for the X model Xyron. Hold the cartridge with the see-thru roller up then place the item to be made a sticker right side face up, pull the 'tape' until the last item clears the cartridge plastic then cut the tape. I leave a little 'tongue' so that I have a pull tab for the next time. She said that the housing wastes alot of the tape. So that I remember which end to have up, I use a permanent marker and draw an arrow on the sides of the cartridge. I use this method for Alphies, small items (stems, leaves, etc.) all the time. Buy the cartridges with a coupon whenever I need more.

I have the 510 and use it for larger items. These 2 work well for me since I make mostly cards.
I use mine like this too! You really don't even need the housing, just the actual adhesive insert and a pair of scissors. You just have to remember which side has the adhesive on it when you put the item through it. Although, like Lola said, if you put the item through the wrong way, dip it some glitter. ;) That's what I did here... on purpose... really, it was! Honest. :rolleyes: It really does work great for smaller die cuts, etc. The adhesive is nice and strong. I don't use it a lot, but it's great to have on hand.

Angela

Angela a.k.a. PuppyDogGrins
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 05:10 PM   #25  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I LOVE mine--I have 2 of the X's--I keep one permanently loaded with permanent adhesive and the other (different color, though of course there's the opening so you can see if yours is perm or temp) with temporary adhesive.

I also have the larger (3", I think), plus an 8.5" (one of the first ones they made). I love that the adhesive is quite strong.

I run paper scraps through and use them to label items in my stamp room. Punchies are great--especially intricate ones.

I use the large Xyron for cold laminating (bookmarks, etc.--NEVER laminate scrapbook items no matter what the companies say about "safe for scrapbooking"--it ISN'T).

Hope this helps! Get out and use them. I wish SU! sold them so I could feature them more on my blog.
Reply With Quote Likes