Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #361  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavioliGirlView Post
Fiskers 4 in 1 punch/embosser...just sold mine at a garage sale for $1. Could NOT get it to show up on any kind of paper either. What a waste of cash that was.
I had this exact problem with it. I took mine back to the store for a refund after I had tried it on nearly every weight of card stock and paper I own.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #362  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ooook... I have read 10 pages of responses, and I couldn't think of really anything that I totally regretted. HA!!

Let's see... my list is long, so hang on girls!!

Every Circle cutter ever made! I had the Creative Memories system and thought that there surely HAD to be an easier, more portable one out there. NOT!! I tried so many of them that I could have bought three of the CM ones! I ended up selling them and getting... yep, a CM one! LOL

I think I also tried every size and shape of Crop in Style tote! I am finally very happy with my Fat Max tool box. I'm still always looking for organizational tools though.

QuickKutz hand held & two alphas. WAY before Cricut. LOVE my Cricut and just finally gave in and got a Gypsy (yesterday!). I agree about Design Studio, waste of $$. I LOVE my SCAL though!

Patterned papers, TONS of printed ribbon, the old styles of die cuts, lots of other embellishments that I HAD to have every size and shape of that I didn't need... ever! Same with stamps, ink pads (I have every single one of the SU! pads and most are still in the plastic wrappers!).

I was one of those people in the beginning of my scrapping hobby who had to have every.new.thing. that came out. I have learned though that most of it doesn't get used, and really was a waste of money that I could have used on something that would be used. Now I limit my purchases to things I KNOW I'll use, well, as best I can anyway!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #363  
Matboard Maniac

I think this might be the best thread ever, lol! The thing that I purchased and completely regret is Bruynzeel pencils. So expensive.....and I NEVER used them. Got rid of them when we moved.

Now I also have a couple of things that I have gotten as gifts that I can't really "regret", since I didn't buy them, but they collect plenty of dust.

1. Making Memories Tag Curler. Haven't even opened it. What in the world is that thing?

2. Sizzix Paddle Punches - No thank you! What a total waste of space. Punches have been becoming progressively EASIER to use. Why would I want to go back to hammering? LOL!

My Stamping Pad
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2011, 04:18 AM   #364  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I regret buying many different sizes of acrylic stamping blocks when I first started stamping. I tried unmounted rubber my first year of stamping, and fell for a sales pitch on the "Mercedes" of acrylic blocks. These came in a set of seven! Later I used clear stamps and bought sets that came with their own blocks. Those thick "Mercedes" blocks are definitely not the easiest to use, and I don't need all those sizes. But I paid a lot for them and had a hard time admitting to myself that I really only need one size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2011, 04:30 AM   #365  
Rubber Obsessor

Default acrylic blocks

I would have to agree on so many blocks. I bought the rocker blocks, and at first loved them, but then decided they were too oblong, or rectangle in shape and my stamps that were more square did not work that good. I even suggested to the company that they make some in square shapes like 2 inch by 2 inch etc. I also bought a bunch of different sized acrylic ones. I do stamp a lot, but I find I only use 2 or 3 of the same ones at the most. I also find that they are heavy and when I go to a crop, I don't take my whole plastic box of blocks, just too heavy and they take up space, I just pick out 1 or 2 I know I am going to use. The f2 blocks I have that I like the best are round and petal shaped, they are easy to hang on to when you stamp, you hand on to them between the petals, you get a good grip and they don't slip.

Karen
Michigan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #366  
Stampin' Fool

I love my SU blocks. I didn't realize what a difference it makes using well formed blocks that are sized for the stamp until I bought this set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2011, 10:08 PM   #367  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeechelleView Post
I think this might be the best thread ever, lol! The thing that I purchased and completely regret is Bruynzeel pencils. So expensive.....and I NEVER used them. Got rid of them when we moved.

Now I also have a couple of things that I have gotten as gifts that I can't really "regret", since I didn't buy them, but they collect plenty of dust.

1. Making Memories Tag Curler. Haven't even opened it. What in the world is that thing?

2. Sizzix Paddle Punches - No thank you! What a total waste of space. Punches have been becoming progressively EASIER to use. Why would I want to go back to hammering? LOL!
This is hilarious! But I think I have some tags that go with this tool, and I don't have the curler thingy to fasten them!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #368  
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Im another circle cutter collector! I have just about everyone ever made. But I don't want to get rid of any of them because...."you just never know when you'll wish you had the one you just rid of."

Those little magnetic circles that have holes in the center and you put a blade in the hole and run it around something that you have already cut out. It gives you different sizes for different size of mats you want. But they are hard to keep in line unless you are using very thick CS.

Tons of colors of ink pads!

The SU water crayons. I know a lot of people love them. But I am too hooked on my Copics.

10 million punches!!! Or close to it!

Lots of UGLY card stock (actually, it was so cheap its more like paper.) But I bought them in the big pads and they are still sitting there.

Pre-folded cards and envelopes. Got drawers full of them and never use them. They are usually too thin or, in my case, I bought primary colors. Bright reds, blues, etc.

A bunch of the House Mouse stamps. I absolutely adore them, but they take so much energy to color. Of course I haven't tried my Copics on them yet. Maybe tomorrow. Oops! It IS tomorrow. I better get to bed. Its going on 3 AM!!!!! Yikes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2011, 11:46 PM   #369  
Hardware Hotshot

I wish I'd never wasted money on those blue Fiskars embossing plates. Also a metric Scor-pal because i couldn't wait for the shop to get the imperial one. I ended up buying a Martha Stewart score board and I love it. Can't remember the last time I used the Scor-Pal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2011, 02:30 AM   #370  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
My Wishblade. Never could get over the intimidation factor and it's sat completely unused all this time. Ugh...
Ditto. At least mine was a gift. I didn't even know what a memory stick was when I got it.

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2011, 04:07 AM   #371  
Embossing Fanatic

I just saw your post, I appoligize if you have all ready been told about the Pazzles Craft Room...

Klo has many and i mean many videos recorded on there and you can play them over and over to learn your machine. i've had mine for over 4 years now and love it.
there is a small montly fee to be a memeber but the knowledge there is fantastic... there are upgrades to the pazzles software free on the web site as well as many others WPC files free to download. Your machine was too much money to invest to not use it...the web is full of free WPC files as well.
please let me know if i can help in anyway
Gail
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #372  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Another thing to add to the list ... Glimmer Mist.
I know. Everyone else loves the stuff. I hated it!

No matter how much I shook it. No matter how often I'd rinse the sprayer. I'd get spots and splotches. Maybe that's what it's supposed to do. I gave mine away last weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #373  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I love my glimmer mist! LOL

yes, I bought those stupid paddle punches by Sizzix. They are gone!

I still have my original red sizzix cutting tool and tons of the dies. The quickutz hand tool and tons of dies, alphas...

My xyron, and books - threw it away. I never could get anything to stick to the tiny cutting pad. After 5 years - done, gone!

I still have way too much "stuff" as my DH calls it, but now he is into making his own bullets - take a guess at taht cost!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 01:05 PM   #374  
Mad Swapper

i had to dig because there is so much i have hidden away because i dont want to think about the money i spent on it.

your story, bia, 8x8 scrapbook albums, house mouse stamps, guillotine paper trimmers,
circle scissors plus, chipboard alphabets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #375  
Compulsive Stamper

Talking Some regrets...

I got the 'YourStory' as a gift, but bought some albums to go in it. It's been two years and I haven't touched it. Got rid of my Sizzix paddle punches, fiskars scrapboss, and fiskars shape cutters. I also hated the EK circle cutter, the one that runs in a 'track', never could get it to work right. I love my Gypsy, but since switching from a PC to a Mac, I am unable to update the Gypsy. So, I am behind a year or so in updating it. But I love my cricut, got new cartridges for Christmas and have been cutting ever since, w/o the Gypsy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #376  
Hardware Hotshot

I wish I had not bought the Cathie Allen Position -It.
I didn't think it through when I bought it in 2010.

I think it is really for someone who makes multiple cards of the same layout.
The feature is you can set it up where you want to stamp an image and then for future cards you just lay them in the corner of the base and stamp. This way all the cards have the image in the same spot.

I make my cards individually so have only used the Position-It once.

I think I should put it on the BST . It is taking up valuable space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 05:32 AM   #377  
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to Donnaml

My cricut, I never use it. Considered the Yourstory, glad I didn't now. Love House Mouse stamps but I only own a couple maybe that is why. Love this thread
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #378  
Glitter Guru

I admit that I use the Sizzix Paddle Punches. In fact, there are some I've been looking for for a long time.

If anyone has these, I'd be very happy to buy them!

38-0834 Butterfly
38-0842 Pumpkin
38-0845 Snowflake
38-0846 Paper Doll Girl
38-0854 Car
38-0866 - 38-1069 (unknown)
38-1072 Buttonhole #1
38-1073 Buttonhole #2 ??
38-1080 Lacing, Single
38-1082 (Postage) Stamp

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #379  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzcatView Post
I have both too. I just had to have the Scor-Pal when I saw in my LSS and it was the metric board. How I wished I'd waited until they got the imperial one in. So I bought the MS board when I saw that. I too find it awkward to score with the MS but find that if you use an embossing tool instead of the tool that comes with it that works better.

I also regret buying so much parchment craft stuff as I don't make many cards that way now. I love the look of parchment cards but it takes too long to make cards compared to stamping or using my expression.

I love my MS score board,,,,,,,but the tool that comes with it SUCKS. Seriously. I bought another MS bone folder and it's a DREAM in that thing. I think the tool was six dollars and I used a 50% off coupon,,,,so for another 3 bucks, I now LOVE LOVE LOVE my MS score board.

she really should ditch that scoring tool that comes with it, and put one of her better tools in there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 06:24 AM   #380  
Rubber Obsessor

I don't regret much,,,,,,I researched everything I bought before I bought it,,,,,but I will say that I am highly disappointed in my MM paper trimmer. I've gone through THREE in just over 2 years. I do not like that you CAN NOT replace the self sharpening blade. It damages too easily, IMHO, and I am NOT hard on it. I cut 1-2 pieces of paper at a time,,,,,but one of my kids did try chipboard in it,,,,

one MM trimmer destroyed because you can't replace the blade.

don't KNOW what happened to the next one, it just started cutting very distressed looking.

same with the 3rd.

I gave up and put my money into a 30 dollar guillotine trimmer, and I couldn't be happier with it. My only issue with that one is that DD is left handed,,,,,,the handle on that is on the right. I need to find her another trimmer, the poor thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #381  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
Another thing to add to the list ... Glimmer Mist.
I know. Everyone else loves the stuff. I hated it!

No matter how much I shook it. No matter how often I'd rinse the sprayer. I'd get spots and splotches. Maybe that's what it's supposed to do. I gave mine away last weekend.
omg, we are separated at birth. I truly HATE glimmer mist. I just do not see the great big hairy deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #382  
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to Donnaml

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommaHollyView Post
omg, we are separated at birth. I truly HATE glimmer mist. I just do not see the great big hairy deal!
LOL, I have to say, I have never tried it. I also have a gillotine paper trimmer and I love it. I use my other one just for scoring.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #383  
Kookie Creator

Wow, this thread goes on forever!

Don't know what a Bind-it-all looks like, seen the Cinch. I have a normal comb binder you can get in the office supply store. I use it to make coloring books all the time.

Love my crop-o-dile, it's the only hole punch I have, and I set an eyelet or two once in a while.

I have three sizes of Xyrons and use them all. That way I don't feel like I'm wasting adhesive if I can get it to fit in a smaller one. I seem to buy the X refill a lot though.

I don't use my Print Runner though, good thing it was from a thrift store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #384  
~LN
Rubber Obsessor

my worst purchase so far is MS Flock!!! Yuk! What was I thinking!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2012, 04:28 AM   #385  
Rubber Obsessor

I severely DISLIKE, okay, HATE my Zutter Cutter. After paying full price for this thing. my father went into the hospital. I didn't get to use it for 5 months after I bought it. So, it's 5 months later, new in the box, I open it up to use it ... THE GUIDES ARE WONKY / you can not make a good cut when you can't measure properly. I am so DISGUSTED and I know it was too late to either get an exchange or a refund. DO NOT BUY!!!! I wanted to upgrade to the pink BIA,but I don't think I'll ever shop Zutter products again.

I have had my Dahle 550 for many years - what was I thinking - replace it - NOT anymore - it's the best!!

Last edited by twink-a-dink; 05-04-2012 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #386  
Inking Addict

Don't know why, really, but I just took out my 4 corner embossing punch (after not using it for like, 5 years) and it got jammed... spring inside didnt pop the button back out. So I emailed fiskars with a pic of the punch... and apparently they will send out a new one. What I understand is that Fiskars products are warranteed against manufacturers defects for life. Wish they would just send me the $15. I'd rather buy something else!

As for the other scrapbooking things I dont use anymore... like some of my rubber stamps, Cricut Design Studio ... I Ebayed those things. Love EBAY!! If I have only a few small items, I save them up and list the lot of items... it works for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #387  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by minstrelView Post
For me, like many of you, it's tons of patterned paper that I'll probably never use, especially the big 12x12 pads. Oh my gosh, I have so much of it and I'll be lucky to use 10-15 sheets of it. It never seems to match any of the card stock I have, or it's too busy to use for my scrapbooks and the scale is too large for cards. The other things...a lot of embellies I just "had" to have, but haven't used. Most of the adhesives I've tried over the years are now sitting in a drawer since I bought my pink ATG. (Love that thing!) My Marvy markers pretty much just sit. I should probably get rid of them. I love my Prisma pencils and tend to use them the most, but started picking up Primacolor Art Markers and Copics and learning to use them. And finally, I have a collection of trimmers/cutters that never cut a nice, straight edge (CM, Fiskars and...can't think of it right now). LOVE my Tonic guillotine cutters. Have the small one and the 12x12 and am now a happy camper!
I totally agree... I send my unused/unloved papers to my daughters daycare and they happily take anything I throw at them. There are always papers in the big pads that I don't like... so its a great way for me to just keep the papers I love... and I never buy a pad at full price... I always use a 40% or 50% off coupon at Michael's or ACMoore or Joanne Fabrics!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #388  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnamlView Post
My cricut, I never use it. Considered the Yourstory, glad I didn't now. Love House Mouse stamps but I only own a couple maybe that is why. Love this thread
Me too! I never use my Cricut. I look at it sitting there and then just keep walking. I can't explain my lack of excitement for the thing. It always seems to disappoint every time I use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #389  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetotalkmom3boysView Post
Me too! I never use my Cricut. I look at it sitting there and then just keep walking. I can't explain my lack of excitement for the thing. It always seems to disappoint every time I use it.

I would have to agree with the cricut.. i was insanely excited because i bought it in Nov 2009 in a bundle on HSN as well as the Gypsy bundle (the very first production of the gypsy) i believe i paid over 600 for it..ive used my Gypsy maybe 5 times and my cricut for possibly 50- 100 cuts..i just cant stand using it... I currently have them both listed in my local paper for $275
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2012, 05:08 AM   #390  
Embossing Fanatic

Default didn't know any better

items purchased before I knew what I was doing:
small punches
circle, oval, rectangle cutters,
cheaply made patterned scissors

items purchased because that was the best thing available at the time:
sizzix alphabet sets

items purchased because I can't pass up a good deal:
too many to mention (should realize there is a reason an item is on the clearance rack)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2012, 05:26 AM   #391  
Stazon Splitcoast

AH, the scissors - I still have way too many of those!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #392  
Pearl-ExPert

I want to chime in and agree that of all the stuff I have acquired, the Gypsy is my one regret. Need to just sell it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2012, 07:01 AM   #393  
Polyshrink Goddess

2 Cricuts. ugh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #394  
Kookie Creator

Received 281 Likes on 101 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridiculously ObsessedView Post
For me it would be my Wheel Press. Put any wheel in it --takes both big and small --and your ink cartridges and it makes a perfect wheel image. But --have kind of forgotten how to really use it --and also ---do not hardly ever, ever use my wheels!!
What the heck is a wheel press?????????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #395  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
The biggest thing for me is storage stuff too, but I also hate it when I buy something and then they bring out something like it with better capabilites. Like for instance, punches. Now they are flat and easier to store! Mostly I cringe whenever I give something away that I thought was wonderful and that I just had to have it! I bought some ribbon storage cases and found something better to hold my ribbon so I was stuck with two cases that could only hold about 7 rolls each. My new storage for ribbon holds at least 50-60 rolls!
Oh Boy! Show us a picture pretty pretty please!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #396  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
It is interesting that so many people regret buying a Bind -it All. I had one thing that needed a spiral binding. Instead of buying a binding machine I took the project to Office Max and it cost about $2 to have it spiral bound.
hahahahahahahahahah. Love it!!!!!! Bazinga!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #397  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post

Crimper - if you have a crimper you don't use, dig it out and dust it off and try making crimped ribbon. I use 5/8 satin ribbon for the best effect. Cut a piece of cardstock that matches your ribbon size (5/8 wide) x length of ribbon plus 1/2"; coat the cardstock with tape and attach ribbon to center of cardstock; run it through your crimper. The ribbon looks wonderful - see here.
That's SHEER GENIUS!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2012, 03:44 AM   #398  
Stazon Splitcoast

NOW, I wish I still had my crimper! bwhahahahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #399  
Compulsive Stamper

did you sell your SU ink pads and reinkers that were too hard for you to use? I have seen a lot of those listed on the buy/sell forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiberArtist4HimView Post
SU Inks - got the entire set in each color way - about one month before they changed everything. I was NOT happy at all that my demo never said a word. I live on disability income and that was a ton of money saved over time to get those. Then, to make matters worse - I fell in love with Holtz distress inks... now my full line of unused SU ink pads and the re-inkers just sit here staring at me. I use other brands also - but I just never reach for those darn big, hard to open and handle su pads... it is one of those what on earth was I thinking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #400  
Glitter Queen

Default Yes, you can replace...

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommaHollyView Post
I don't regret much,,,,,,I researched everything I bought before I bought it,,,,,but I will say that I am highly disappointed in my MM paper trimmer. I've gone through THREE in just over 2 years. I do not like that you CAN NOT replace the self sharpening blade. It damages too easily, IMHO, and I am NOT hard on it. I cut 1-2 pieces of paper at a time,,,,,but one of my kids did try chipboard in it,,,,

one MM trimmer destroyed because you can't replace the blade.

don't KNOW what happened to the next one, it just started cutting very distressed looking.

same with the 3rd.

I gave up and put my money into a 30 dollar guillotine trimmer, and I couldn't be happier with it. My only issue with that one is that DD is left handed,,,,,,the handle on that is on the right. I need to find her another trimmer, the poor thing.
You can replace the blade on the cutter. I went to the web site and ordered the replacements. You get two for the price and it is the whole thing, housing and all. It was very simple and easy to replace.
Reply With Quote Likes