Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-25-2009, 05:57 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to find: Scor Pal

Hi,

I'm thinking that I'd like to add a Scor Pal to my collection of tools. It seems so much better than using a scoring blade (and having to switch between a scoring and cutting blade!). However, the only place I can seem to locate it is off of the Scor Pal website. Can anyone offer me any insight into where I might locate one (i.e., a retail location like Michael's or JoAnn's) or is the Scor Pal website my only option?

TIA!
~Jenn :-)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 05:59 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

I got mine from Archivers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 06:20 AM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Try www.scrapbookingalley.com

I ordered mine a few days ago from www.scrapbookingalley.com . It was $26.15, no shipping, no tax. And just got a shipping notice from them, so it should be in my hot little hands in a few days!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdance13View Post
Hi,

I'm thinking that I'd like to add a Scor Pal to my collection of tools. It seems so much better than using a scoring blade (and having to switch between a scoring and cutting blade!). However, the only place I can seem to locate it is off of the Scor Pal website. Can anyone offer me any insight into where I might locate one (i.e., a retail location like Michael's or JoAnn's) or is the Scor Pal website my only option?

TIA!
~Jenn :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 06:46 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Anyone know what a Scor Pal costs normally at Archiver's? I would order one from the website shown above, if I knew how the price compared to A's with a coupon.

Stella
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 06:47 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

If you have a local archivers then definitely go there with your 30% off coupon....I love mine!! SP, that is. lol! Joyce's suggestion sounds very affordable too but don't forget that you can order directly from ScorPal too....www.scorpal.com and as long as you are there, definitely pick up some of that fantastic ScorTape! It's VERY inexpensive and so easy to work with, sticks like the red liner style of tape but has a paper peel off cover which tears easily by hand so you don't have to keep stopping to grab your snips to cut it. And as long as you are getting the SP....check out the ScorMat (insert that slips right into the tray of the SP giving you a great work surface on one side as well as a self healing mat on the other side. I've been stamping on my lap (using my SP and ScorMat) this past week while my Mom's in the hospital and gee, does this portable "lap desk" ever make it easier! Of course, you will also want the nifty ScorTote so might as well get 'em all while you're shopping for SP stuff!

Since SP is a SCS sponsor, I don't feel bad tooting a horn for Diana and her wonderful product line but I can assure you that I am not a paid promoter! lol! Just a very happy end user. Jan

ETA in answer to Stella's question, Archiver's sells the SP for the MSRP (reg price) then factor in the 30% off coupon. To be honest I can't recall what the standard price is right now...I've had mine for about a year and a half so that's my excuse for the memory glitch and I'm sticking with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 06:51 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 312 Likes on 223 Posts

I have been debating on getting one too- would love to find somewhere with a coupon!
nothing is hidden that will not become evident, nor anything secret that will not be known and come to light. Luke 8:17
~Sara~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 07:03 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

The Scor-Pal is worth every single penny, even if you pay full price (but I'm all for using a coupon or getting it for less, obviously). The Scor-Mat is nice too, but I don't think it's essential. I use my Scor-Pal with every single card I make, and it makes it lots easier to do those cards with the odd scores - the gate one, and I can't remember the names of the others... But it's the BEST!!! I don't have the Scor-Tape, but I might get some soon - and I got the Glitter Cloth too. It picks up any loose glitter or embossing powder that's on your workspace. It's BIG and I cut it into several pieces, and I'm using just the first one. It goes a long ways!
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 07:43 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Okay-you've all sold me! As I spent the last 1/2 hour fiddling with the scoring and cutting blades on my Fiskar's rotary trimmer, I came to the realization that this is a necessary tool. :-)
Thanks so much for the feedback! I was hoping Michael's was a retailer of it, b/c I have a 50% off coupon that needs to be used before July 4th. I thought I'd put it towards something good. Then again, I will certainly find something!
Anyways, I'm happy to promote another SCS-er's business, so it looks like my best option is to go directly to her site. Why, oh, why doesn't SU! sell it? I'm sure they will as soon as I buy it-Murphy's Law! :-)
Thanks, again, for all the input!
~J
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 08:30 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

It is $30 at Archiver's and then you can wait for one of their 30% off coupons (that is what I did). Great investment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 08:49 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

OK Ladies.. I have heard so much good stuff about the Scor Pal and I have never used one.. I scor all my card and projects on my Fiskar's cutter but I don't use the scor blade I actually use the ball on the end of my stylus and I run it down the cutting line on my fiskar's cutter, it works great and I have been using it like that for years.. The only time I have a slight problem is when it is not jast a plain one scor card and I have to measure exactly for like a gatefold, sometimes if I am not careful because the track shifts a little on the fiskar's cutters I might not get exactly the right scor..

So is the Scor Pal something that I would say, How on earth did I live without this??? even though I truly don't have much problem doing it the way I do... and is it worth the spending that $25.00 and having yet another tool to store or should I by pass this purchase and use the $25.00 towards something in the new SU catalog come July 1st??

Help me make a decision...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 09:17 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 204 Likes on 170 Posts

If you were in the Kansas City area - Stamper's Ink a local stamping store has Scor-Pal, Scor-Pal tote and Scor-tape, Also Archivers has the Scor-Pal and a 30% off coupon.
Scor-Pal website is great to work with and very fast is shipping. Email Diane and you could possible get it for July 4 project.
I don't know what I would do with out mine. It is used to fold every card I make plus other projects. It is easy to store when not being used. Yes, I wish SU! sold it because it could be used for demo'ing. Great investment.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #12  
Inking Addict

Ladies, I wasn't even in the market for a Scor Pal but after reading this thread, I just hit the submit button at scrapbookingalley.com. 20% off, free shipping, no tax...I couldn't beat it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 10:08 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Smile 7 Kids college fund

are offering $10 off right now here

that where we got ours I just love it!!! Yes I really do.....LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 10:18 AM   #14  
Glitter Guru

Everything Jan said! My good friend was really wanting a Scor-Pal and I was thinking of ordering the scor-mat and some scor-tape, so I decided to just order the whole "kit" on the Scor-Pal site and get the tote to boot. I sold my "old one" (like a year old) to my friend and got the whole set and I love it! =) That tape is wonderful! I had also gotten the glitter cloth with my 1st scor-pal and can attest that it is great too! So far, everything I have ordered from Diana has been wonderful and I cant live without my scor-pal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplyscrappin16View Post
OK Ladies.. I have heard so much good stuff about the Scor Pal and I have never used one.. I scor all my card and projects on my Fiskar's cutter but I don't use the scor blade I actually use the ball on the end of my stylus and I run it down the cutting line on my fiskar's cutter, it works great and I have been using it like that for years.. The only time I have a slight problem is when it is not jast a plain one scor card and I have to measure exactly for like a gatefold, sometimes if I am not careful because the track shifts a little on the fiskar's cutters I might not get exactly the right scor..

So is the Scor Pal something that I would say, How on earth did I live without this??? even though I truly don't have much problem doing it the way I do... and is it worth the spending that $25.00 and having yet another tool to store or should I by pass this purchase and use the $25.00 towards something in the new SU catalog come July 1st??

Help me make a decision...

I would get one! I was doing mine the same way, until I got my Scor-pal at a yard sale, I love it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm a fairly new demo and I was getting so frustrated at my feeble attempts at scoring. They always came out crappy. On a whim, I ordered the scor-pal from their website. I LOVE THE SCOR-PAL. It makes preparing for my monthly club soooooo much faster and easier. We did a gate fold card last month for graduates. I never would have attempted that otherwise. I just whipped out two mini pizza boxes in less than ten minutes. Off to decorate them...........:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 03:32 PM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

scrapbookingalley.com........... 20% off, no shipping, no tax........ best deal i have found
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammaPixelView Post
scrapbookingalley.com........... 20% off, no shipping, no tax........ best deal i have found

I agree with that!!!!!!

http://www.scrapbookingalley.com/pro...?bct=t13169504

Plus, they ship FAST!!!!!!! You can even get the Scor-Mat for not even $11.00 ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #19  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK - you "enablers" - I just ordered 2 from scrabookingalley - one for me and one for a gift for a friend's birthday! That really is a good price, especially with no shipping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow... Don't ya love not paying shipping? Plus their prices are Awesome to boot!! Enjoy your new toy when it comes!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #21  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplyscrappin16View Post
Wow... Don't ya love not paying shipping? Plus their prices are Awesome to boot!! Enjoy your new toy when it comes!!
I do love that! I can't wait to get the order!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

Oh you guys are soooo bad!...I just went to Scrapbookalley myself. Got the Scor pal and the mat to go with it, can't beat that price. If hubby askes...........I'm going to blame it all on yous guys!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm another that thought I didn't need a Scor-Pal - the scoring tool on my cutterpede worked fine. But then I decided to just order it anyway and I'd now be totally lost without my Scor-Pal! I use it for every single score. I love to make boxes and it just makes them a total and complete breeze to score. I made the Star Box from the tutorials page and scored the entire thing in 2 minutes, and that's like 12 scores! It was so easy.

I love that it makes a deep indentation, it scores nicely, cleanly and STRAIGHT. No more trimming off a 1/6" here or an 1/8th" there. It's always straight. It's just a wonderful tool. I got mine for $35, but the Scrapbooking Alley deal is even better. However, it was worth every single cent. I love the Scor-Tape as well, I'd be lost without it. I used the redliner tape before with the freakin backing sticking to me and everything else. The scor-tape is easier to use, no static backing, and I think it holds much better. It's also tons cheaper than Terrifically Tacky or Sticky Strip!

Next up for me is the Scor-Mat I don't need the tote, I only craft at home, but the scor-mat would be wonderful to have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2009, 07:24 PM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

Okay, count me in too. I've been thinking about getting one for awhile just because I'm tired of changing blades on my cutter, but y'all convinced me to order one now. Can't wait to get it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by okimom2girlzView Post
I agree with that!!!!!!

http://www.scrapbookingalley.com/pro...?bct=t13169504

Plus, they ship FAST!!!!!!! You can even get the Scor-Mat for not even $11.00 ;)
I got mine here too
Reply With Quote Likes