Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-20-2008, 07:05 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING - EZ Mount & Storage

For any of you other ladies who are trying your hand at mounting your rubber to use acrylic block, beware the message I found on Sunday International site "Please Note: It is not recommended that you store any of your EZMount Stamps on Acetate Sheets. Acetate is made with chemicals that will react with EZMount and any other cling cushion type product, making an almost permanent bond between it and the cling.".

I learned of this after 2 of my background stamps adhered to the transparency and I had to carefully peal off- cost me money in material and lots of stress. The warnings were not at the site I bought from, at the time, and I brought the problem to their attention.

I am still looking into storage options as I have all smaller sets in CD cases but do not know how to store the larger things other than expensive storage panels (shipping is a big deal for that kind of weight). has anyone else found a good do it yourself alternative????
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you considered DVD cases? Several people on this site have commented on using them. I just use two CD cases for some sets. I love having my stamps unmounted and the uniformity the CD cases offer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2008, 07:57 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by judyjrfmView Post
For any of you other ladies who are trying your hand at mounting your rubber to use acrylic block, beware the message I found on Sunday International site "Please Note: It is not recommended that you store any of your EZMount Stamps on Acetate Sheets. Acetate is made with chemicals that will react with EZMount and any other cling cushion type product, making an almost permanent bond between it and the cling.".

I learned of this after 2 of my background stamps adhered to the transparency and I had to carefully peal off- cost me money in material and lots of stress. The warnings were not at the site I bought from, at the time, and I brought the problem to their attention.

I am still looking into storage options as I have all smaller sets in CD cases but do not know how to store the larger things other than expensive storage panels (shipping is a big deal for that kind of weight). has anyone else found a good do it yourself alternative????
For my larger sets, I split them between two cases. I store my unmounted backgrounds in an empty SU stamp box.

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2008, 08:39 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I have split my sets- label one of 2 etc but the larger sets like backgrounds and "other brands" I would love to store in binders but cannot use acetate so not sure of other options so checking out. DVD cases are hard to find without inserts or with removable inserts so advice on this would be great Thanks!!!

Pink Hedgehog, do you just stack em back to front??? I too like the uniformity of cd cases ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2008, 09:32 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I have split my sets- label one of 2 etc but the larger sets like backgrounds and "other brands" I would love to store in binders but cannot use acetate so not sure of other options so checking out. DVD cases are hard to find without inserts or with removable inserts so advice on this would be great Thanks!!!

Pink Hedgehog, do you just stack em back to front??? I too like the uniformity of cd cases ...
So far I have only 3 backgrounds that are unmounted and I just have them stacked in a box top to bottom. It does leave a bit of a print in the bottom of the cling, but doesn't affect the "cling" ability. I'm thinking it might be better to switch to the alternating idea, it just didn't occur to me until now. :-D

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 03:45 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Actually, you can get the CD cases without an insert at Sleevecity. The regular ones are .18 a piece and they have a bulk discount. They are very speedy at shipping. Also, the DVD sized cases are also available. I put my larger sets in those. That site is called Stamp by Step and they are very nice too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 03:50 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am not sure where to post this ??? Haven't posted a new thread before..
so here goes ....I purchased the new crop(croc) adile from HSN....now I have to figure out how to use it.....................anyone wanna share ....???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 03:56 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry for the double post...I figured out how to post a new thread
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 04:43 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I split larger sets between 2 cd cases and store background stamps in a drawer. I don't mount my backgrounds at all though-ezmount or otherwise.
Gale - so do you use your backgrounds as is - just the rubber? I am moving in the direction of unmounting my stamps and was wondering about the backgrounds - seems like an awful lot of ezmount to purchase. Lots of coverage area on a background.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
thanks for posting that! I've been buying them from walmart and staples and throwing out the inserts. I am pretty sure they would be cheaper at sleevecity even after shipping.
I found the shipping to be reasonable. I think they shipped UPS. They pack your merchandise very well and they are pretty fast. I thought about buying the giant box but wanted to see how they held up. I have placed two orders with them. And, I really like the stampbystep website too. The DVD cases aren't as inexpensive but I don't need that many either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 03:23 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Has anyone ever tried the Stamp and Stor Panels? Sunday International sells them and I love them. I put my stamps in a notebook. Works great. Here's the link: http://www.sundayint.com/index.asp?P...ROD&ProdID=486
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 06:59 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

so i just heard a cool idea that might work for me today. I got a message back from the company I had originally bought my ez mount from and she said that laminated surfaces do not have the chemical reaction. I just got a Xyron 900 for Christmas so might try that and see... will let you know. That would be great cause I could stamp the image on the back of page and if I use my laminator the image is safe and then I can see what should be there. I can also photocopy the sheet just before I laminate and it can go into the much needed to be done image binder... Has anyone done this????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

oh and gale your facial expression makes me giggle everytime I see your miserable looking face LOL.. I love it!!!! {giggle}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #14  
Crimping Master

Help me, I'm so confused. I just bought some EZ Mount, haven't received it yet, to use when I unmount my wheel stamps. Does EZ Mount stay on the stamp? And then where should I not store them???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 09:30 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusieQ4417View Post
Help me, I'm so confused. I just bought some EZ Mount, haven't received it yet, to use when I unmount my wheel stamps. Does EZ Mount stay on the stamp? And then where should I not store them???
Yes, your EZ Mount sticks to your rubber permanently and the other side of the foam is not sticky, but will cling to acrylic blocks and the plastic of CD cases for storage. :-D

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 10:43 PM   #16  
Crimping Master

Thanks, that makes sense.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2008, 09:17 AM   #17  
Kookie Creator

So, what do you ladies do with all of the wood blocks? Is there something useful you can do with them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

so i just heard a cool idea that might work for me today. I got a message back from the company I had originally bought my ez mount from and she said that laminated surfaces do not have the chemical reaction. I just got a Xyron 900 for Christmas so might try that and see... will let you know. That would be great cause I could stamp the image on the back of page and if I use my laminator the image is safe and then I can see what should be there. I can also photocopy the sheet just before I laminate and it can go into the much needed to be done image binder... Has anyone done this????
That's close to what I did. I had a bunch of 8 1/2 x 11 chipboard, so I cut them down so they would fit in the storage drawers I had. I then stamped the set on the front of the chipboard and ran it through the xyron. I left room so I could have the stamp stored next to a picture of it. It makes it easy to see the images plus you know where the stamp goes back. If a set was too big I just put it on two boards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #19  
Cardstock Collector

Hi Gale,
If I am understanding you correctly you leave the foam mount on your SU stamps you just don't mount them on the block. I would like to do that but how do you attach the stamps to your acrylic block or store them? I just don't know what to do with the sticky stuff.

Thanks for your help!
Anne-Marie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #20  
Mad Swapper

uh oh. All my unmounted wheels and bellas are on acetate sheets that I adhered to the wall in my craft room. I guess it's a bit more urgent for me to run out and get some DVD cases! Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 12:31 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

I love using DVD cases to store my stamps. I never mount them. Having easy storage is a priority to me. With a large set you can split between two cases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #22  
Cardstock Collector

When you say you never mount them do you mean you don't even use the EZ mount?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 04:43 PM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

I am using some of my wood blocks in a class soon where I am doing alcohol ink techniques. Just added velcro and stuck on felt- cheaper than brand name stuff and I am recycling.

but gale it represents you ;) hee hee.....

I just figured out something the other day and I am ticked at myself. I mounted with the foam on and they are super thick. I cannot get it off without redoing all can I? And I was having trouble cutting straight down and not tilting in because of the cushioning- silly gal I am ....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 06:11 PM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

Crap...pardon my language but I just spent all last weekend placing my cling stamps on transparency sheets and making index pages for them so I could have them in a notebook. All that work and now I need to undo it not to mention the expensive box of transparency sheets from Office Depot!

Any one know what to do with all those sheets now? I really want my stamps in a notebook so they are easier to flip through and find. I guess I need to go spend another fortune on laminating pouches unless someone has another idea....I am not a happy person right now. :twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 06:54 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryheartsView Post
Has anyone ever tried the Stamp and Stor Panels? Sunday International sells them and I love them. I put my stamps in a notebook. Works great. Here's the link: http://www.sundayint.com/index.asp?P...ROD&ProdID=486
I bought some of these at a convention this summer and they do work really well. It's a great way to store larger stamps or larger sets.

My Blog

Visit My Garden
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #26  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingkwilterView Post
Crap...pardon my language but I just spent all last weekend placing my cling stamps on transparency sheets and making index pages for them so I could have them in a notebook. All that work and now I need to undo it not to mention the expensive box of transparency sheets from Office Depot!

Any one know what to do with all those sheets now? I really want my stamps in a notebook so they are easier to flip through and find. I guess I need to go spend another fortune on laminating pouches unless someone has another idea....I am not a happy person right now. :twisted:
A whole bunch of shaker cards? A really big shaker card? :rolleyes:

I really prefer CD cases because they're easy to store and to transport and to just grab one out and use.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 04:02 PM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

FYI, this is what a large stamp set looks like in a DVD case:
http://www.shop.stampbystep.com/prod...&productId=759
If you "Click to Enlarge", you can get a view of the open case...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2008, 04:43 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm confused - is acetate different to laminating sheets in make up - I understand about the stamps would be ok on a laminated surface but is that more like chipboard or a surface made with laminating sheets.

Sorry is just because I am starting to sort out my space and want to try to get this right.

As for all that acetate stampingkwilter - maybe some boxes? there is a tutorial/template using acetate to make come fabulous boxes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2008, 06:12 PM   #29  
Gabfest Goddess

I've thought of shaker cards though have never made one. I assume there must be a tutorial somewhere on SCS for them and I am definitely going to look for the box tutorial. Thanks for the ideas. At least now I won't feel like I just wasted big bucks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2008, 06:46 PM   #30  
Kookie Creator

Default I wouldn't be so happy either

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingkwilterView Post

I know this would add extra expense, but since you've already done the work... why not consider laminating the transparencies? Would that work?
Nicole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2008, 06:59 PM   #31  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

For any of you other ladies who are trying your hand at mounting your rubber to use acrylic block, beware the message I found on Sunday International site "Please Note: It is not recommended that you store any of your EZMount Stamps on Acetate Sheets. Acetate is made with chemicals that will react with EZMount and any other cling cushion type product, making an almost permanent bond between it and the cling."
I just read this today on a blog I just found: http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/ellen.../01/index.html

Does anyone know if using Aleene's Tack it Over & Over has the same issue? I just started unmounting my stamps... so I'd rather know now!
Thanks,
Nicole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2008, 09:30 PM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

you can use the transparencies to make cards- look at the awesome looks on this site alone. You can do overlays- do not worry about wasting transparencies they are relatively cheap in the big scheme of scrapbooking / cardmaking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2008, 10:34 PM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Report Covers?

I have been using report covers which are made from "poly" something or other -- not acetate. I just buy them at any office supply in town. But here is one picture so you know what I mean... Report Covers

What I do is put each one into my paper cutter and slice off the folded edge. That way I get two sheets out of each report cover.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2008, 05:01 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryheartsView Post
I actually had this for a while I also did not like it. Some stamps did not stick well and kept falling off. I even lost a couple of little ones. Now I use the CD cases and am very happy with them. I just pull out the insets and give them to the boys and DH to use for there CD's that they burn. They also use some for old video games and stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2008, 08:54 AM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Adding information....

Some of my stamps are sticky on the back and some have vinyl cling. But all of them are put onto a clear poly sheet (from a report cover) which is then inserted into a page protector along with a stamped index page.
I have at least ten 3-ring notebooks filled with stamps, some alphabetically, some by category. One small notebook has only index pages of ALL the stamps with tabs that match the rubber filled notebooks.
Way too many stamps for CD cases.
Here are a couple of pictures -- one from a rubber stamp notebook and the matching one from the index notebook.
Attached Thumbnails
WARNING - EZ Mount & Storage-rubber.jpg   WARNING - EZ Mount & Storage-page-18.jpg  
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #36  
Cardstock Collector

Hello there

I've been reading this thread with interest this morning. I think this is probably my first ever post too since joining?? LOL

I've been using Ezmount since it became available here in Australia. I also mount them onto overhead transparency sheets (not sure if this is what you call acetate sheets in the US) I've never had any problems with the way I've stored them. None fall off, none have had weird reactions. I'd say it's at least 4 years I've been storing them this way?

FYI, I use a sheet of light colour cardstock with the an image of each stamp on the it, then I put the O/head sheet on top of the cardboard, place the stamps onto them then slide into the plastic sheet, clip it into a 3 or 4 ring binder. Always 3 or 4 ringed so they are held safely without any 'droop' when they go on my bookshelves. Originally, before ezmount, I tried hook and look, horrible stuff, then on/off glue (I'd say that similar to the US Alenes glue??) that was just woeful.

Everything is ezmounted now and I never have problems. I thought about the dvd cases but you have to have somewhere to put them and as I'm quite short, anything above my head height can't be used often. My folders work very well and have for many years.

Thanks for reading

Virginia aka Coogeebear
Sydney
Reply With Quote Likes