Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-14-2016, 07:29 AM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Tried new liquid glue - disaster!

I just purchased a new permanent liquid glue called Quick and Easy dual tip Glue Pen - it sounded like it was similar to Tombow and since it was clear I wanted to give it a try.

Anyway, it arrived and I tried it yesterday and the results were horrifying. I used it to adhere a lovely watermelon colored panel to a white card front and EVERY swirl of the glue shadowed through and showed on the watermelon colored panel. As though that wasn't bad enough, the 100 # card base curled dramatically overnight! (I put a heavy weight on the card right after I glued the panel when I saw that the card was wanting to curl...left it that way for a couple of hours before unweighting).

Well, after discovering that this glue had a multitude of "issues", I went to the webstore I got it from and posted a review, stating the problems. I wasn't able to include photos that I had taken, proving the results. Anyway, I went back to the website today to see if my review was still there, and it wasn't! They pulled it. :(. My review was not nasty, I didn't rave, i just stated the facts of my experience. I didn't demand my money back or anything outrageous.

Why would they pull my review? There were no other reviews posted on this posted for this product and I thought others would appreciate knowing how this product performed IRL. I have totally loved doing business with this company because they carry good products at good prices and offer free shipping with $25 order.....now I'm wondering if I can trust buying new products from them....any thoughts on this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2016, 07:56 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. Won't buy that. What was the manufacturer's name? What was the webstore's name. They shouldn't have pulled off your review. Not sure I'd trust them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2016, 08:53 AM   #3  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,553 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

There are big companies that review reviews for websites - one of them is here in Austin - it's called BazaarVoice - they moderate reviews for Amazon, etc. Each company that uses them gives the company a set of filters - like no profanity, or no medical advice - and most likely - no negative reviews. The people who pull them just check the checklist and approve or deny based on that.

I was similarly disappointed recently - we rented a house in Santa Fe, and there was some things about the house that were odd (like multi levels of floors in each room - things you could trip over), and also we didn't think housekeeping did a great job - and they never published it on the site. I was very nice and praised many aspects of it, but I guess they don't want anyone to read anything remotely negative about their properties. Disappointing because I rely on those reviews when booking.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2016, 10:47 AM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Here's a link to the glue/website:

Quick & Easy Dual Tip Liquid Glue Pen

The only manufacturing info I could find on the product blister card is that it is distributed by 3L Corporation, Linconshire, IL. Product is made in China.

Thanks for the moral support regarding the deleted review. There's some comfort in knowing I'm not the Lone Ranger with this experience.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2016, 01:15 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I Googled 3L and got www.scrapbook-adhesives.com .
I would email to the company who sold it to you and email to the manufacturer. They both need to know. AND tell them you can't post a review and that you protest that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2016, 02:57 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tend to distrust companies that will only allow positive reviews on their site. If they won't let customers tell the truth about their products, they (the company) certainly won't tell the truth.

Besides, sometimes what makes a product undesirable for one customer will be exactly the feature that another customer is looking for. For example a cell phone too big for one person's pocket might have just the right size screen for another person to read easily.

Dea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2016, 07:52 AM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

I wanted to post an update regarding my negative review on the Quick & Easy liquid glue that had been removed from the stores website.

The first review I did was one that I did on my own, by going into the store website and posting the review. This one was the one that was pulled (probably because I was not a verified purchaser).

The second review I did was one that was solicited by Scrapbookpal.com a week or so after my purchase. It took a while for my review to make it through the filters, but they did accept it and it on their website now.

This totally renewed my faith in this company and their respect for their customer's experience with products they offer.

Just wanted you to know that scrapbookpal.com is one of the "good guys" that is willing to post honest reviews of their products!
Reply With Quote Likes