Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-30-2021, 05:14 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Time for a Change: Die Storage

I've been storing my dies, those not connected to a specific stamp set, in Art Bins with magnetic sheets for years. The sheets lay flat in the bin. I've finally had it and decided it was time for a change. I'm sick of how heavy the bins are and how difficult it is to find what I'm looking for.

I just ordered a bunch of sleeves, magnetic sheets, and plastic bins so I can reorganize all my dies and flip through them vertically like I do with my stamp sets. I did a few this morning, I had only 5 magnetic sheets in house. I really like how they turned out. I'm hoping I will like it once it is all done.

I plan to leave my alphabets and background stamps in an Art Bin case. Everything else will be at my fingertips in a plastic bin. I'm so excited to make the change, but I just realized how much work it's going to be. I have to cut cardstock for the dividers and for inside each pouch (I found it was a little easier to flip through them with the paper inside). Then, I have to sort and organize all my dies. It's a big undertaking, but I'm excited.

Can anyone else think of a time when they started a big reorganization project for some supplies in your craft stash? I would love to hear how things turned out and if you like the change.

-Adam Osborne-
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by ComradeBunny:
Bohodiva (12-30-2021), fl_beachbum (01-03-2022)
Old 12-30-2021, 07:13 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Great question! A few years ago, I decided to start using Evernote to organize and log all of my stamps, dies, and embossing folders. It was a big undertaking, but I have never regretted my decision. I have everything numbered, and all I have to do when I want something is search for the keyword(s), find the numbered supplies, and start creating.

It took a while to log everything, but I did it one category at a time. Now I try to log supplies as I buy them. This method is not only very easy for me, but it has saved me money. I've avoided buying the same embossing folders, dies, and stamps because I looked in Evernote to see if I had something similar already. It's great when I'm out shopping too - of course, not as much right now.

I've been thinking of logging my paints and inks this way too, even if it's just to maintain an inventory.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Scrapjanny:
skm330mks (01-05-2022), Speechy53 (02-19-2022)
Old 12-30-2021, 12:37 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
Great question! A few years ago, I decided to start using Evernote to organize and log all of my stamps, dies, and embossing folders. It was a big undertaking, but I have never regretted my decision. I have everything numbered, and all I have to do when I want something is search for the keyword(s), find the numbered supplies, and start creating.

It took a while to log everything, but I did it one category at a time. Now I try to log supplies as I buy them. This method is not only very easy for me, but it has saved me money. I've avoided buying the same embossing folders, dies, and stamps because I looked in Evernote to see if I had something similar already. It's great when I'm out shopping too - of course, not as much right now.

I've been thinking of logging my paints and inks this way too, even if it's just to maintain an inventory.
Is Evernote hard to use? I sometimes forget the small secondary stamps that are in a set and would love a way to find them. Do you have any advice for using this program?

-Adam Osborne-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2021, 02:05 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts

I need to re-organize both stamps and dies.
Currently they're stored in the sleeves on magnetic sheets standing in photo boxes.
I have them filed by: greetings and text, botanicals, wildlife, backgrounds, shapes, holidays, celebrations, misc... keeping related dies together with stamps. As well as, break up stamp sets to fit the category, like with like. This system works for me. I don't need to search around coordinating elements.
The problem is they've outgrown their space in the boxes. It's been about 4 yrs since I set them up.
I'll pick up a couple of boxes and re-organize them create new tabs and labels and re-organized bookshelf where they will sit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2021, 05:52 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

My stamps were not organized at all for many years. For me, organizing by category in mesh baskets designed for DVD's worked the best. Some sets were a little hard to categorize and I still do a bit of hunting but my "can't find it" time is way lower than it used to be. It took a while to get everything set up and about a year later I moved. It was easy to set up the new room almost exactly like the old one.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2021, 07:07 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComradeBunnyView Post
Is Evernote hard to use? I sometimes forget the small secondary stamps that are in a set and would love a way to find them. Do you have any advice for using this program?
I find Evernote easy to use. The initial logging of all your supplies takes some time and can be tedious, but I did it a little at a time. I've numbered all of my stamps, dies, and embossing folders. That's how I store them - in plastic holders or drawers in numerical order. If a stamp set has words and phrases, I enter them in the description, and then I search for them to find all stamps that fit the keyword. I've found stamps that I've forgotten I've had, or (for example) birthday stamps that are part of other sets that I never would have thought to look at.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Speechy53 (02-19-2022)
Old 12-31-2021, 11:38 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Default Good clearance sales at Marshall's

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohodivaView Post
I need to re-organize both stamps and dies.
Currently they're stored in the sleeves on magnetic sheets standing in photo boxes.
I have them filed by: greetings and text, botanicals, wildlife, backgrounds, shapes, holidays, celebrations, misc... keeping related dies together with stamps. As well as, break up stamp sets to fit the category, like with like. This system works for me. I don't need to search around coordinating elements.
The problem is they've outgrown their space in the boxes. It's been about 4 yrs since I set them up.
I'll pick up a couple of boxes and re-organize them create new tabs and labels and re-organized bookshelf where they will sit.
This morning I went to my local Marshall's for one item. Ha! I left with 3 bags of goodies.
They have a good selection of items on clearance right now. I picked up 2 clear Idesign wide storage bins for $4 ea. This weekend I'll tackle the stamps and dies for sure if I need another, which I doubt I know where to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2021, 05:38 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 318 Likes on 204 Posts

I used (& still have) 3x5 index cards to inventory my KEEPS for years, making a note of where to find them. After the first photo box was full of index cards, I spent a year creating a private board on Pinterest with photos of the art work for each set alphabetically by categories - and yes some sets are in multiple categories. I still include notes on where each can be found, but when trying to remember which sentiment or image I want it is easy to browse the category (like BIRTHDAY) to see what I have and where to find it. If you ever wondered how I keep track of when the stamp sets were introduced, I also included the launch (catalog & page) in my notes. Way too OCD for most, I am sure - but it works for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by gaylestamps:
lovinpaper (01-03-2022), margotgn (01-05-2022), Traci_b (01-05-2022)
Old 01-01-2022, 09:22 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

A couple years ago I created a book with all my sentiment stamps in categories. It took me about 3 weekends to stamp them all and note which set they came in. I also noted whether they are rubber or clear which makes it easier to find. Now when I make a birthday card, or a thank you card, I can look at every stamp I have in that category and decide what style and size I want to use. I just add each new stamp as I buy them. Saves so much time digging through all my stamps for the right sentiment. I also swatched all my inks, pencils and markers, which is also very helpful deciding what colors to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
NinaBeth (01-05-2022)
Old 01-01-2022, 11:15 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Happy New Year y'all!
Last night I started organizing my stamps and dies. The two containers I mentioned in my earlier post are full and I still have stamps and dies to go through. This morning I went back to Marshall's and picked up 4 more containers. As I re-organize I'm also purging those items I haven't used in years or at all. A friend of mine owns a local scrapbooking/crafts store and she has a parking lot sale in the Spring for us crafters to sell our no longer needed or wanted craft supplies.
Moving forward in the new year I'm not buying any more stamps or dies, enough is enough!
Reply With Quote Likes
margotgn (01-05-2022)
Old 01-01-2022, 03:20 PM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Happy new year.

My dies are in 5 x 7 pockets. I don't have only 1 die to a pocket unless it is a cover die or a large set. So I could have 10 different dies of the same subject in the one pocket. (esp w sentiments) I use chipboard and store the product info behind now. Stamp/die sets same thing-stamps in the front, dies in the back. I often use mag scraps for those dies.

Caveat: The bin does get heavy when it is full but that is a lot of them..... But if you dont have to move it and can just flip through it I like it a lot.

In a fleeting insane moment I thought about die cutting all of them and making a binder for the cuts by subject and paste down 30 of them to a page or whatever. That could take me a couple of years and it is not happening. I wish now I had done that from the beginning.

Right now the cheapest place I am finding for the vent cover mag sheets is on AZ for the Accord brand. 3x sheets for 6.78.... No cardboard in there I used to cut too but that's cool. I remember when they were 4.99 at Home Depot. I guess I should not complain. I get 9 of them out of a package so that about 75 cents each. (cut them on the horizontal and then tape together the extra pieces left for 3 each sheet and you still will have scraps I use all the time)

ETS: I just went and counted. In a full box, I have 75 pockets. Remembering I put multiple in a pocket at times you have the potential for hundreds of dies this way in one box. It is heavy to lift, so if you can have it on a surface and not to have pull off a shelf like I do...plus I am not flipping them, I am thumbing because they are vertical now. Now I use chipboard, so if I was using CS instead I might be able to fit even more in.

The box I use is from Ace Hardware-the Homz latching 6 1/8 x 16 1/4 x 7 deep for 4.99. I don't use the lids. I have them stacked elsewhere. Both the link and the pic are pasting crazy big. Sorry.

Last edited by wavejumper; 01-01-2022 at 03:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by wavejumper:
Bohodiva (01-01-2022), janesprando (01-05-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 08:30 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

wavejumper, thanks for the warning. I don't think they bins I have will hold 75 pockets, but it will still be heavy. The boxes I was using were heavy, so I'm used to it. I will just have to be careful. Great idea to look in Ace Hardware. I've been spending too much on magnetic sheets.

Scrapjanny, I love Evernote. I watched a video on how to use it to organize your stamps and I'm in love. Of course, this means I have a very large project ahead of me, but I can't wait to have it completed. I will finally be able to find everything, especially the little extra stamps that are part of the set that I forget about because they are not the main focus. Thank you so much.

I'm loving the stories. Keep them coming. I'm getting great ideas and I love it.

-Adam Osborne-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2022, 03:15 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

I'm making good progress with this project.
In addition to re-organizing filed stamps, I'm going through my stamp binders and removing (those forgotten) images to add to the filing system. As I work my way through them I'm removing both stamps and dies that i never used (for years), they can be a blessing for someone else.
It feels good to go through them and refresh my memory of what I have.
Reply With Quote Likes
wavejumper (01-04-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 01:29 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohodivaView Post
I'm making good progress with this project.
In addition to re-organizing filed stamps, I'm going through my stamp binders and removing (those forgotten) images to add to the filing system. As I work my way through them I'm removing both stamps and dies that i never used (for years), they can be a blessing for someone else.
It feels good to go through them and refresh my memory of what I have.
I'm feeling the same way about looking through my stamps and refreshing my memory as to what I have. I've only entered 31 sets into Evernote, but I keep saying, "I didn't know I had that." Especially with the sentiments. I've had my sets organized into images and sentiments. I always go to the sentiments box for a sentiment and never realized that I was missing all kinds of cool things.

It's good to reorganize at the beginning of the year. Maybe it will inspire me to get my Christmas cards made early. I missed sending them out this year and every time I received one, I felt guilty.

-Adam Osborne-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2022, 03:45 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

Oh wow, Comrade Bunny - just seeing this conversation. I've been storing most of my dies the same way and also decided to change it up! lol

Simon Says Stamp recently started selling some storage boxes (roughly 5-1/2 'x 6") along with pockets that fit inside. I cut down most of my patterned paper and have it stored this way. It's really working for me so I got the idea to use this same system for most of my dies. I'll have a box for words, another for backgrounds, etc. I'm going to leave my Alpha and movement dies on the sheets but separating these smaller ones will help a lot.

It's always so neat to log onto SCS and see others working through the same things!

Reply With Quote Likes
janesprando (01-05-2022)
Old 01-04-2022, 05:24 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_beachbumView Post
Oh wow, Comrade Bunny - just seeing this conversation. I've been storing most of my dies the same way and also decided to change it up! lol
What a coincidence. That's awesome. I'm already loving the ease of finding dies. How about you?

-Adam Osborne-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2022, 11:39 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

I haven't received the box yet so it will take me a while to try it and see how it goes

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2022, 07:04 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I am about to launch into a declutter in my stamp room. I need to purge a lot and get down to basics. I have so much I don't use! I need to "stay strong" to get rid of things I love looking at but DON'T use! I am going to try to bins and see how I do. I did get the Sizzix (I think) orange books for die storage and sorted but now they are once again a mess and I have too many in each book so...........I need to change it up yet again, sigh................
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2022, 07:48 AM   #19  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 56 Likes on 16 Posts

Scrapjanny,could you post a photo from an evernote page. having trouble visualizing. trying to decide if I want to use this method...have over 1000 stamp sets. seems daunting
thanks patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2022, 08:58 AM   #20  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storage change I have loved!

I was lucky enough to get a free 12 drawer cabinet from Yield House with drawers 2 1/2-3 inches high and aprroximately 18 x 36 inches deep/wide several years ago. It is the greatest organization tool. I have some drawers for supplies such as envelopes, adhesives, tools and half are for stamps. I decide to undo most of my sets and have stamps in drawers by type- i.e birthday, birthday greetings, flowers, seashore/beach, etc... for smaller categories I now have a 10 drawer box from stampin storage with each of those drawers labeled. Greetings were taken from a set and stored in stampin storage box by style- thanks, celebrate, etc.. There are still some single random style sets that are in their case on my shelf but the drawers are the greatest for me as I like the rubber stamps with the wood. I do store most dies with their set but for ones that don't have a set I have hanging on magnetic sheets on the wall behind my door. The other ocdish thing I do is: when the stampin up catalogue comes out new each year I look through it checking off any sets I own or if similiar style since I have stampin for 18 years now. I save the picture of any set that I buy in the back of the stampin up catalogue so I can always quickly look there if I am wondering. This doesn't help with the stamps I buy from other places but the similiar comment on a page does.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2022, 03:49 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

A couple of years ago I re-organized my stamps/dies differently for ease and space utilization. I store in baskets (Michaels) that are narrow and long, perfect for my shelves. I sorted all by categories, that make sense to me, added labeled dividers. I also photocopied each stamp set and started 5 x 7 -3 ring binders with all the information about that stamp/die set...put in categories to match the baskets. This allows me to check the binder when planning a project or card or looking to purchase a new stamp. Kind of manual style inventory.
This last year I separated and restamped all "words" into one new category. Amazing how many "Thank you" stamps or dies you have! I store my stamps and dies together, one on each side of the envelop. I add card stock to strengthen it. I type a label for the top corner of each envelop stating the name of the stamp and vendor name. As I add to my "overflowing stash" of dies/Stamps, I photocopy before I store in the basket and put in the plastic envelop. I have used Avery and Altenew envelops for storing. This system has worked the best after I had changed methods a few times over the years of stamping.

Eloise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2022, 08:48 AM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

The purge continues and I'm very pleased with my progress, but I'm not done.
So far I've eliminated several storage containers by condensing my stash and storing like themes together such as stamps & dies, select embossing folders, background stamps and stencils together in one storage bin. I'm only keeping items that can be used in many ways.

Next I'll purge and condense ephemera that I've been hanging on to for years with the thought I'll use it on a cards, but haven't. It can go as well.
The past year I've been printing journal kits and ephemera as I need it for a particular theme.
(I've been disappointed with the designer paper packs and coordinating ephemera that is being sold in stores and I refuse to waste any more money on such items.)
The pieces I keep will be sorted and stored in 5x7 pocket pages that fit a 3 ring binder and 4x6 mini photo album. By doing so I will be eliminating all those small plastic photo boxes and the bins that I store them in, freeing up more space on my shelves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2022, 03:13 AM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

My dies, luckily, I found a system early on that worked out for me. I love CraftEccentricty videos. She has thousands of dies. She stores them in boxes like these- https://www.amazon.com/Novelinks-Tra...07C8YSWDR&th=1 by theme and some by company since she is a DT.

I loved that idea but I knew that wouldn't work out for space in my room. I stored my dies in sandwich bags by theme. It works out great. I grab a bag & start creating. It's really simple. There are a few sets I keep together & those are just the Sizzix sets. I only have about five. All the rest of my dies are in theme. I have a ScannCut so I don't own any stamp & die sets.

Biggest undertaking was organizing my stamps. Taking them off the mount. Then I did the binder thing. That was a nightmare. Then I saw a tip from Carol Duvall that she stored her stamps in baggies. I have never gone back. Everything is in theme. I love baggies. Most of my room is baggies, lol. I love bags because I can just grab my bags and put them back. I don't have several storage systems all over my desk & floor while I am creating.

The nightmare one was last year. I did all my coloring tools. I have so many coloring things. It takes up half a wall. I went through everything, decluttered, refilled, upgraded, downgraded. It took six months. I love everything now.

I was so happy to not organize. Then my DH comes home and tells me we have to move across country in two months after I had just finished that coloring organizing two weeks ago. I had to go through everything in my room in the last six weeks, declutter, upgrade, downgrade. It was hard and I never ever want to do it again. Then I am half way done with that. DH tells me that his new company needs his help with all the contracts that the builder's only want him for. Now, we have a year to move. I am "over it" ROFL! I did finish. I am ready for the move. That was stressful and not fun. I love to organize. That was a huge undertaking.

BohoDiva- I am big into digital kits & ephemera. I print a lot. If it's ok about advice on this for anyone interested in collecting printables & kits is start your organization of that as soon as you get your kits & printables. Buy that extra hard drive, organize as soon as you purchase. Backup, backup, backup! If you don't get into a good habit early on you will have a digital monster nightmare. You all think organizing dies & stamps is a nightmare. Hit some of the forums for digitals and see their horror stories, lol. I have been printing digi's and kits for twenty years now since newgroup days. If I didn't have a system it would be a disaster. I have over 100,000 files now. You don't think it will start adding up in content. It adds up fast. I use to be a creator too so I do have more than most.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2022, 05:19 AM   #24  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by ondinesgirlView Post
Scrapjanny,could you post a photo from an evernote page. having trouble visualizing. trying to decide if I want to use this method...have over 1000 stamp sets. seems daunting
thanks patti
Sure! Here's a screenshot of the results from a search for SU. I wanted to find all my Stampin' Up sets. I use "SU" as a keyword when I'm logging them. I could have filtered the results even more effectively if I'd searched for both SU and Stampin' Up, but sometimes I'm not so efficient, LOL!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2022, 09:30 AM   #25  
Stampin' Fool

I've moved three times in 5 yrs and which each move I made major purges of craft supplies.
It's amazing how much stuff we accumulate for crafting. Each purge made me feel disgusted with myself for wasting money on supplies that I had to have at the moment and never used (thanks to many scrapbooking and stamping conventions I attended over the years).
Now that I'm in my retirement home with limited craft room space the annual purges continue.
Those items that I kept from previous purges need to go NOW.
No more kidding myself about using them for future projects. If I need something that was previously purged, I know i can replace it ad so far I haven't regretted, missed or replaced any items I've donated.
As for digital kits, I haven't lost my mind downloading every kit I like. I'll save those kits for later on the site I found them so they'll be there when I decide to use a particular theme.
Downloaded kits are saved on my computer in a folder by year so I don't use the same images over again in the new year.
As a crafter purging and re-organizing is a on-going task that will always be a part of the creative process.
Reply With Quote Likes
ChrisO (01-08-2022)
Old 01-08-2022, 01:22 PM   #26  
Matboard Maniac

I finished organizing my dies today. I'm glad that is done. Now I'm in the middle of entering all my stamp sets into Evernote. I'm a little embarrassed by how many sets I have, but I love them. So while I'm decluttering a few. Most will be staying. I can't wait for this to be done as well. What an undertaking.

-Adam Osborne-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2022, 09:08 PM   #27  
Glitter Guru

How is everyone storing the 6 x 6 background stamps? I am storing most of my stamp sets in Avery Elle type envelopes.

Thanks
Denise

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2022, 10:40 AM   #28  
Stampin' Fool

Moving along...
I haven't started purging ephemera, but I have purged and condensed embossing folders, again I'm only keeping those that can be used in many themes.
They've been labeled on both sides and will be stored in the same bin holding stencils and 6x6 background stamps. No more embossing folders will be added to my collection.

Since starting my annual purge I have freed up soooo many storage containers. I'll hang on to them until I've completed the room just in case I need another container, but when I'm done they will be donated as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2022, 11:05 AM   #29  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicat1View Post
How is everyone storing the 6 x 6 background stamps? I am storing most of my stamp sets in Avery Elle type envelopes.

Thanks
Denise
I store them in 6.25x6.25 storage pockets which are not in stock and hard to find.
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/produ...kgkd0275?c=969
However, another option is the 6 3/4 x 9 pockets trimmed down to 6 3/4 square and file away in storage bin.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/31245912292...r=611145613678

Last edited by Bohodiva; 01-09-2022 at 11:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2022, 09:11 PM   #30  
Glitter Guru

Thanks! I will probably have to go with trimming down the 6 3/4 x 9 ones.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2022, 07:51 PM   #31  
Stampin' Fool

Every die, stamp, stencil, embossing folder I own are now organized in 6 fridge bins.
I don't need another one in each category, but if I do there's room for growth in each container.
Attached Thumbnails
Time for a Change: Die Storage-after-2022-stamps-dies-stencils-embossing-folders.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Scrapjanny (01-23-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 02:01 PM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post

BohoDiva- I am big into digital kits & ephemera. I print a lot. If it's ok about advice on this for anyone interested in collecting printables & kits is start your organization of that as soon as you get your kits & printables. Buy that extra hard drive, organize as soon as you purchase. Backup, backup, backup! If you don't get into a good habit early on you will have a digital monster nightmare. You all think organizing dies & stamps is a nightmare. Hit some of the forums for digitals and see their horror stories, lol. I have been printing digi's and kits for twenty years now since newgroup days. If I didn't have a system it would be a disaster. I have over 100,000 files now. You don't think it will start adding up in content. It adds up fast. I use to be a creator too so I do have more than most.
What kind of printer do you use? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Bohodiva (02-10-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 04:33 PM   #33  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by JannaramaView Post
I have an HP Envy 7155 and it does a good job printing on specialty papers (rice paper, tracing paper, photo acetate and canvas), as well as 80# cardstock. An added bonus is it prints double-sided copies on standard papers. I also subscribed to HP Instant ink which is great, They send replacement cartridges automatically when my supply starts to run low so I'm not without ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2022, 11:07 PM   #34  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JannaramaView Post
I have a HP OfficeJet, Samsung B&W Laser Printer & a Canon Pixma. Canon & Samsung I buy ink for. HP I use their ink program. HTH

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2022, 09:28 AM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Personally, I use the (Large) Multi-purpose bins sold at the Container Store to hold my die sets.
I store die sets in 6" x 8" 4mil zipper top bags I found on amazon.com The 4mil is thicker and holds up better, IMHO.

Each die set is mounted on 110lb cardstock with a sheet that is magnetic on one side and there's adhesive on the other. I cut the cardstock at 5.75" x 7.75", lay the die set on it, to see how it will look, then measure and cut the amount of magnetic sheet that'll be needed. On the back side of the cardstock I will either write the name of the set, the maker, and how many pieces are in it, OR, I'll cut the photo out of the package the die set came in and use my ATG to adhere it to the opposite side of the magnet that I adhered to the cardstock.

There are some card shape dies that fit VERY snugly in the 6x8" zipper bags, just an FYI.

I categorized my dies:
  • Card Shape
  • Fold & Tuck
  • Holidays
  • Nesting
  • Words
  • Shapes
  • Stamps & Die Sets
Hope this helps .

edited to add: I have all my die sets in two of the Multi-purpose bins, and yes, they are heavy, but I can pull out the bin I want part way to flip through & grab the set(s) I want to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Bohodiva (03-23-2022)