Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-06-2010, 07:11 AM   #41  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to secon cropandstick.com they do have it in stock. great prices and awesome customer service!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Default It arrived!!!!!

My new ATG 714 finally arrived today after a two month wait! I am ready to tape. There is not a piece of paper safe in this house!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #43  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great. I got mine about a week ago. Boy does that stuff stick!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #44  
Cardstock Collector

Wow, guess I was really lucky - ordered mine on April 9 from framingsupplies and it was delivered today! Now I just have to figure out how to insert the adhesive - not having much luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 02:07 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cynroseView Post
Wow, guess I was really lucky - ordered mine on April 9 from framingsupplies and it was delivered today! Now I just have to figure out how to insert the adhesive - not having much luck!
try these videos, see if they help any.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=atg+gun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #46  
Insane Embellisher

When you put on the adhesive, note that on the plastic inner roll on the tape there are small slots all the way around. You need to line this up with the small tabs where the tape goes. Then gently push the plastic tape roll into place until it locks behind the top tab. This is where I struggled. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

The ATG 50 that I had never 'locked' into place. I was very confused when ever I watched the videos because of that. At the time I bought it, I thought snapping it in place meant making sure the tape roll got into the grooves. Which mine did, but there was no way to keep it there. I had to use an empty roll and place that on top and then there was a tab that locked it down. Looked to me that it was made for the 1/2 inch (hence why I needed an empty spool). Did I have a defective one?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2010, 06:54 AM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool ATG Tape

Hi All...I am a proud owner of an ATG gun and love it. A few of us purchased some GOLD and some regular tape as en experiment, and I have to say that the GOLD is much better. The price (for more than 12) was $1.35 different/roll so that got us thinking about the cheaper (non-acid free) tape. Well, the cheaper tape doesn't go on as smoothly, and when you stop at the end, the tape feathers quite a bit. Also, the regular tape (RED) doesn't seem as sticky...I actually pulled apart two pieces of paper after I had stuck them together. You can't do that with the GOLD tape. Take my advice and spend a little more $$ and buy the GOLD tape. You won't be sorry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarianneLambView Post
Hi All...I am a proud owner of an ATG gun and love it. A few of us purchased some GOLD and some regular tape as en experiment, and I have to say that the GOLD is much better. The price (for more than 12) was $1.35 different/roll so that got us thinking about the cheaper (non-acid free) tape. Well, the cheaper tape doesn't go on as smoothly, and when you stop at the end, the tape feathers quite a bit. Also, the regular tape (RED) doesn't seem as sticky...I actually pulled apart two pieces of paper after I had stuck them together. You can't do that with the GOLD tape. Take my advice and spend a little more $$ and buy the GOLD tape. You won't be sorry.
I agree wholeheartedly! I cannot believe how well this tape sticks! I just stuck toghether a postal box with it as an experiement , then tried to take it apart and it was holding strong! Even my husband was surprised. He was kidding me unmercifully about my ATG and now he is being quiet!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #50  
Hardware Hotshot

I have wanted to buy an ATG but never took the plunge. Last week while looking on Craigslist I happened upon a listing for a mat cutter and more.. low and behold there was a picture of an ATG .. I emailed the person asking how much and he said $50 and it had a box of rolls of tape.

I met him today out on post and got the ATG and the box of tape for $40. He has another box of tape and the adapter so that it can use the 1/2" tape and when he finds it he is going to give it to me.

His unit is going to deploy soon and I told him that when he gets his mailing info, that I would send boxes of cards to him to share with the soldiers. He shook my hand and told me thank you for what I do (making cards for soldiers and their families).. I told him it was all my pleasure.

So, in case you can't find one online, maybe you too can find one on craigslist.

have a great airborne day!

~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~

Last edited by airbornewife; 05-05-2010 at 12:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #51  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornewifeView Post
I have wanted to buy an ATG but never took the plunge. Last week while looking on Craigslist I happened upon a listing for a mat cutter and more.. low and behold there was a picture of an ATG .. I emailed the person asking how much and he said $50 and it had a box of rolls of tape.

I met him today out on post and got the ATG and the box of tape for $40. He has another box of tape and the adapter so that it can use the 1/2" tape and when he finds it he is going to give it to me.

His unit is going to deploy soon and I told him that when he gets his mailing info, that I would send boxes of cards to him to share with the soldiers. He shook my hand and told me thank you for what I do (making cards for soldiers and their families).. I told him it was all my pleasure.

So, in case you can't find one online, maybe you too can find one on craigslist.

have a great airborne day!

~ Pam
Pam, I would like to send you cards for the troops. Please PM me your mailing info; and as soon as I get a batch together, I will mail them to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2010, 06:04 PM   #52  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
Pam, I would like to send you cards for the troops. Please PM me your mailing info; and as soon as I get a batch together, I will mail them to you.
Thank you so much ~ sending a PM right now.

~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2010, 09:20 PM   #53  
Inking Addict

Well, I am in need of doing something nice for someone. I would love to send cards. I will be having total knee surgery in June. My DH will gladly bring me supplies, to make cards to keep me busy during recovery. Please PM me info for address for cards.
Reply With Quote Likes