Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #81  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavagetwinView Post
By "flimsy" I mean that the material is same weight as MS. Scor-pal is what I consider sturdy. There is no argument here. If scor-pal had 1/8th lines all the way across, it would be A #1!
I would absolutely recommend MS over SU. It is just as flimsy and the top compartment does not stay closed either. But, there is a compartment in the back that stays closed because of a good closing mechanism. A stylus tool is cheap. A plus with MS is the envelope tool very conveniently placed in the back. The biggest plus is the low price.
I never "blew up" a product on SCS before. But, I certainly love this site and feel that I needed to post my opinion about simply scored. I have bought zillions of SU products and rarely had any problems. I feel that SU simply needs to manufacture a better product. They have an opportunity to be more thoughtful and come up with the best of ALL the scoring products. All ya have to do is ask the consumer.
OOOPs....no compartment in the back o the MS...it's on the cutter. My bad.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #82  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavagetwinView Post
OOOPs....no compartment in the back o the MS...it's on the cutter. My bad.
Ha, too many tools to keep track of!!!!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #83  
Insane Embellisher

For sure!!!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #84  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi,
I thought I would weigh in as to why I did not design the newest Scor-Pal with 1/8" grooves. The main reason is "clarity". The board is much less busy, easier on the eyes and gives you a greater ability to choose the correct groove. There are only 4 scores that you need the 1/8" grooves for, 1/8", 3/8", 5/8" and 7/8". All you have to do for these scores is move the left edge of the paper away from the side fence. I am in the process of doing a video to show how easy this is. For the number of times you have to move the paper going without is much better.

There are 1/8" grooves from 0-1" and 11-12 inches for embossing and easy calculation. The Scor-Pal has been tested against the other boards and hands down it has the best quality. The diagonal ghost on the Simply Scored board should not be there if molded properly. Yes you are right the grooves on the Scor-pal have a different configuration for deeper, smoother scores. One thing I do like about Simply Scored is the tabs for when you are teaching a class. I would find it too fiddly and time consuming for single projects.
Please accept this as my opinion and naturally I am biased but incredibly proud of our products.
Happy Scoring,
Diana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 05:41 PM   #85  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Diana-

You DO make the best scoreboard 'hands down'. I bought the MS scoreboard because I had a coupon and just about go cross eyed with all the multitude of grooves. I marked the most used grooves with a fine point Sharpie - color coordinated grooves that go together to make a special type of card. (got the measurements off my ScorPal) Only use this scoreboard in a 'pinch' or if I take it to a workshop. (Leave my more valued tool at home) Love my little ScorBuddy also. Both of these products are very sturdy and don't have 'stuff' on them just because... If I was making multiples of a special project, I would mark the grooves with a colored fine point Sharpie and use an alcohol pad to remove the colored ink when I was done.

I know you listen to the users of your products and make changes accordingly!

I am just a very satisfied customer of ScorPal products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #86  
Insane Embellisher

Heart Diana reigns

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scor-PalView Post
Hi,
I thought I would weigh in as to why I did not design the newest Scor-Pal with 1/8" grooves. The main reason is "clarity". The board is much less busy, easier on the eyes and gives you a greater ability to choose the correct groove. There are only 4 scores that you need the 1/8" grooves for, 1/8", 3/8", 5/8" and 7/8". All you have to do for these scores is move the left edge of the paper away from the side fence. I am in the process of doing a video to show how easy this is. For the number of times you have to move the paper going without is much better.

There are 1/8" grooves from 0-1" and 11-12 inches for embossing and easy calculation. The Scor-Pal has been tested against the other boards and hands down it has the best quality. The diagonal ghost on the Simply Scored board should not be there if molded properly. Yes you are right the grooves on the Scor-pal have a different configuration for deeper, smoother scores. One thing I do like about Simply Scored is the tabs for when you are teaching a class. I would find it too fiddly and time consuming for single projects.
Please accept this as my opinion and naturally I am biased but incredibly proud of our products.
Happy Scoring,
Diana
Dear Diana:
I am so glad you weighed in. Hearing from the "horse's mouth" indeed clarifies much. As my predecessor said, hands down, scor-pal rules. And, we sure didn't need you to tell us. Your superior scor-pal speaks for itself. Carry on my love. Now to try that no more shims thingy!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #87  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,919 Likes on 2,187 Posts

Hi Diana!! Glad you dropped in. I would LOVE a tutorial. If I could get the shifting thing down, I would toss the MS board out the window because the Scor Pal and Scor Buddy are the BEST! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #88  
Stampin' Fool

I've loved using the Scor-Pal for years. Since I am a SU demonstrator I decided to buy the Simply Scored board. I like the tabs and I use it but I am still very reluctant to part with my Scor-Pal.

I also like using the Scor-Buddy. It doesn't work for 12 x 12 or other large sheets of paper. It is very convenient though for smaller pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2011, 01:16 AM   #89  
Polyshrink Goddess

When doing eighths you will ask two questions
Example 4 5/8ths
How many eighths ...5...count back 5 grooves from one inch groove , put left edge of paper here.
Go up one full number...4 becomes 5 so you score at the 5" groove. and that is it! Check with your ruler now and you will see it is accurate.

3 7/8"
Count back 7 grooves from the one inch, line up left side of paper to the center of that groove; go up one number 3 becomes 4 so you score at the 4" groove.

You will always be scoring at one of the inch grooves. The reason you go up a number is because you are using/losing the first inch for the eighths part of the measurement.

You will find you can move your left paper edge easily back to the left fence to do other normal scores. It will become second nature the more you do it and you won't have to deal with a "busy, confusing" 1/8" scoring surface.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2011, 08:06 AM   #90  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,919 Likes on 2,187 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scor-PalView Post
When doing eighths you will ask two questions
Example 4 5/8ths
How many eighths ...5...count back 5 grooves from one inch groove , put left edge of paper here.
Go up one full number...4 becomes 5 so you score at the 5" groove. and that is it! Check with your ruler now and you will see it is accurate.

3 7/8"
Count back 7 grooves from the one inch, line up left side of paper to the center of that groove; go up one number 3 becomes 4 so you score at the 4" groove.

You will always be scoring at one of the inch grooves. The reason you go up a number is because you are using/losing the first inch for the eighths part of the measurement.

You will find you can move your left paper edge easily back to the left fence to do other normal scores. It will become second nature the more you do it and you won't have to deal with a "busy, confusing" 1/8" scoring surface.
THANK YOU THANK YOU DIANA. I am printing this out as a reminder, but no one explained it like that before! I tried it and it works perfectly. Scor Pal is now my ONLY scoreboard! (That and my Scor Buddy)!! I appreciate this so much and if anyone asks, now I can show them how easy it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2011, 05:59 AM   #91  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Diana!

I also wanted to weigh in with my opinion on the Scor-Pal. I have bought all the updated scor-pals, the scor-buddy, the mats & the tape & truely LOVE your products (otherwise I would not have bought every updated version) & with every update it has been for the better. Thanks so much for listening to us & for making such an awesome product. I saw the one from SU but decided it had to be like the MS one, which I don't like because as you said it's too busy & confusing & the quality is not there (to me anyway), really tuff on the eyes. I'm a scor-pal gal through & through & you got me for life! Thanks again Diana!

Just went on the scor-pal website & noticed a NEW product called "No more shims"...guess I have to put that on my wish list to give it a try, sounds interesting!

My Blog

Last edited by daffyrs1; 11-06-2011 at 06:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #92  
Glitter Queen

Maybe this is asked an answered somewhere already, but can you use a bone folder with the Simply Scored? I'm not a fan of the normal stylus but I do love to score with the bone folder. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #93  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapaholic2805View Post
Maybe this is asked an answered somewhere already, but can you use a bone folder with the Simply Scored? I'm not a fan of the normal stylus but I do love to score with the bone folder. Thanks.
I've used both and actually prefer the stylus. I like the smaller end. Initially, I didn't care for the stylus but, it's growing on me. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #94  
Cardstock Collector

Default Simply scored SU tool

Hello,

I'M searching ideas to create with my simply scored by Stampin up. Does a site exist with a lot of ideas.

Thanks,

Line
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2011, 06:28 AM   #95  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Simply Scored Toolq

I'm looking for a guide to make different sizes of envelope sizes such as another brand includes with their scoreboard.

Does anyone have something they can suggest?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2011, 08:33 AM   #96  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkjohnstonView Post
I'm looking for a guide to make different sizes of envelope sizes such as another brand includes with their scoreboard.

Does anyone have something they can suggest?
Is this what you are looking for? Welcome to Scor-Pal! - Full Project Listing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2011, 09:25 AM   #97  
Rubber Obsessor

Even though I had the MS and the SP, I brokedown and bought the SU Simply Score and I LOVE IT! While they all perform the same basic function, the SU version has all the scoring marks at a 1/8 and having the placements to identify where to scor when doing mass scoring is a great feature, as well as having a storage compartment at the top. So I definitively recommend it as a good tool investment! I plan to keep the other two for whenever I have group events, so it also serves for them to compare, and hopefully increase my SU sales.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #98  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

having the placements to identify where to scor when doing mass scoring is a great feature
I agree with this but I also think it's a great feature just so I know where to score when I'm not doing a mass project. It saves my eyes from having to figure out where that 4 1/4" or 5 1/2" or 6" mark is without having to paint lines all over my board. I don't like painting lines on my board because they get in the way when I'm trying to score something that doesn't use these lines. If I'm not doing a special project I just leave markers at 4 1/4" and 5 1/2" and basically I don't have to look when I want to just score a piece or two of cardstock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #99  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 98 Likes on 58 Posts

I have the original Scor-Pal and it is confusing for me to use. I've messed up several projects (you know the ones where it's your last piece of DSP) and have gotten very frustrated with trying to use it. I've used the SU Simply Scored and find it much easier to use. The stylus glides right along and I like the 1/8" scoring and the place markers. Even though the material on the SU score board may not be quite as thick as the SP, I still think it is plenty sturdy and durable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #100  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default I prefer the Scor-Pal

I finally purchased the SP when I received a gift certificate. I truly do believe that the Scor-Pal is WAY OVERPRICED for what it offers. I use the SP for every card/project along with the scor mat.

A few months back at a monthly club meeting, my demo had the new simply scored board with the stylus, I did not like using it. I think because the stylus was something new to deal with and it takes some practice working with the stylus.

I do wish that Scor Pal products weren't so blasted expensive. I'd love to upgrade to the newest model available, but I can't afford to spend what SP is asking for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #101  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalStamper63View Post
I do wish that Scor Pal products weren't so blasted expensive. I'd love to upgrade to the newest model available, but I can't afford to spend what SP is asking for.
Amen to that! I mean, it's just a molded piece of plastic! At one time, it was the only thing of its kind on the market. Maybe prices will come down now that there's two competitors vying for the business.

I bought my Scor-Pal on SCS a few months ago from someone who advertised it as " a newer Scor-Pal". I thought I was getting a good deal, until it arrived and saw that it was a lightly-used older version. Now, I just can't justify the money to upgrade to the one I really wanted. If I get desperate for the 1/8" markings, I'll probably just add a Martha Stewart version (purchased with a coupon) to my supply of tools.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #102  
Compulsive Stamper

I'm a new customer to stampin up, I'd have never heard of them until my neighbor hosted a party back in march 2011 since then id been hook on their products and became a new stamper, I have been scrapbooking for years. The demonstrator that hostested the party is super great(she's always so happy and energetic, i even join her stamp club and just love it), I'd been ordering from her every month since the party. Since im so new to stampina nd stampin up itself i have none of the tools everyone has I'm still collecting, I wanted to buy a score board because i always get my measurement wrong i too look into su, ms and scor pal and i end up getting the simply score on that sale they had for $20.95 and to me its worth it, i just love love my simply score and love the markers and stylus, stampin up truly makes good products and now on their celebration sale for 2012 im thinking of joining since till be more affordable for $125, hope this helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 02:21 AM   #103  
Cardstock Collector

I just sold my Scor Pal, Crafters Companion Ulltimate, Scor Pal Metric, Hougie Board, Scor-it, Eazi-Box Board, M & F Board and MS boards in favour of the Stampin up Simply Score and plan to get rid of all my other score boards as well. I also prefer scoring with a stylus with a round metal ball-tip as it does not damage your paper and then smooth the fold with a bone folder. The extra markers is brilliant and you can use the diagonal plates to create envelopes similar to the enveloboard by crafters companion. Hope this helps some of you out there who are just buying your first scoreboard. I am not affiliated to any of the above companies and my view is completely independant.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 05:20 AM   #104  
Pearl-ExPert

Hope you realize that the SU Diagonal plate would fit into the MS scoreboard. They are made by the same company. I have them and don't mind that the colors don't match. Just saying because you could buy the MS scoreboard on sale or with a coupon and save $$$ to buy more stamps, embossing folders, ink, etc.

I use a Fiskars stylus as my scoring tool since the MS tool is -----
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2013, 05:46 AM   #105  
Hardware Hotshot

Has the new stampin up board overlay and edge scoring design been up for sale yet? It has an overlay to do single edge decorative scoring? this has finally sold me on the Su scor tool set. Such a smart idea with the overlay to scor a design

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2013, 05:51 AM   #106  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Carolyn, yes that tool is available to purchase online or via your demo in the spring catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2013, 05:55 AM   #107  
Hardware Hotshot

yes,yippe; I'm going to the workshop so that's my other salabration order. I was also looking for it with a google search:
Debbie's Designs: Monday Merchandise-Borders Scoring Plate!

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #108  
Stampin' Fool

I didn't read all of the replies, but the SU diagonal and the fancy score thingys fit into the MS scorer. I have the old, old score pal. Bought the MS because it had smaller measurements.
Reply With Quote Likes