Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-04-2010, 02:13 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU PAPER CHANGE

I am a little disappointed with the change SU made regarding the 12x12 paper. First, they reduded the amount of sheets per package from 20 to 12 :( Second they force you to have 6 smooths and 6 textured. I like textured paper, but still prefer the 20 sheets per package of smooth paper, after all, I buy SU products because I am a stamper and they were my favorite source for 12x12 cardstock, now I am not so sure anymore :(

Am I the only one with this dilema, or it's just me that is being picky and difficult.

Visit my blog: http://mirincondepapel.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 04:37 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Default su paper

No you are not the only one. I am an su demo and I am dissapointed by this too. I do not care for the textured stock at all, and don't like having to buy it in order to get the smooth. I LOVE the weight and colors of our card stock and will continue to buy the 8.5 x 11 even with the price increase, but i will have to look elsewhere for the 12x12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 04:57 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoanscrapsView Post
I am a little disappointed with the change SU made regarding the 12x12 paper. First, they reduded the amount of sheets per package from 20 to 12 :( Second they force you to have 6 smooths and 6 textured. I like textured paper, but still prefer the 20 sheets per package of smooth paper, after all, I buy SU products because I am a stamper and they were my favorite source for 12x12 cardstock, now I am not so sure anymore :(

Am I the only one with this dilema, or it's just me that is being picky and difficult.
No, you are not alone... I participate in swaps and would like not to order more than what I need. In this economy every penny counts! I like purchasing the 12X12 cardstock...I can usually get 2 cards out of it plus some scraps to use. But I'm with CRAFTSRIB, and will probably stick to the
8 1/2X11 size. SU does listen...perhaps if enough ppl voice their opinion on the matter they will change it.

Pixie
SU demo... www.stampinpixiesdust.stampinup.net
Visit my blog http://ThePixinator.blogspot.come
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 05:08 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sounds like they must have an oversupply of textured! LOL I can't stand the stuff personally. I will texture my own, thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 05:22 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Me too!! I will have to look for a new source for 12 x 12 paper. I don't like having to buy an entire package to like only half of it. Good to know I'm not alone

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 06:05 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

nope..you're not alone...i'm a scrapper only....while i do like the textured....it doesn't stamp well....:(....i don't buy 8.5 x 11 hardly ever!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 06:05 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

I am crabby that they increased the price and decreased the number of sheets for the 8.5 x 11 paper. Now I have to shop elsewhere for my cardstock.
I would hate the half textured if I was a scrapper.

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 07:08 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Me too!! I will have to look for a new source for 12 x 12 paper. I don't like having to buy an entire package to like only half of it. Good to know I'm not alone
Me and a good friend also do a lot of scrapping and are very upset to have to get textured cardstock. If I wanted to buy textured cardstock, I'd buy Bazzil. Will not longer be buying their 12 x 12 and we bought a lot!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 07:33 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

SU still sells the 20 pack of SMOOTH and a separate 20 pack of Textured in separate packs. It is on the bottom of each color family page. The 12x12 pack in the top section is the mix of 6 and 6 of each type.

Smooth 12x12 in a 20 pack of mixed colors sells for $9.95 and 12x12 textured in a 20 pack is $11.95.

But yes, they don't sell smooth 12x12 in a single color anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 08:34 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethshayaView Post
SU still sells the 20 pack of SMOOTH and a separate 20 pack of Textured in separate packs. It is on the bottom of each color family page. The 12x12 pack in the top section is the mix of 6 and 6 of each type.

Smooth 12x12 in a 20 pack of mixed colors sells for $9.95 and 12x12 textured in a 20 pack is $11.95.

But yes, they don't sell smooth 12x12 in a single color anymore.
I am another one that doesn't like the changes in their 12x12 packaging. I know I can get a 20 package of assorted but I don't use all the colors equally so I don't want to have to buy an assorted package. I will not be buying their 12x12 packages any longer and then it follows that if I find other 12x12 that is also offered in 8 1/2 x 11 I will move towards that as well as I want my papers to match. I am both a cardmaker as well as a scrapbooker so I use both sizes often and interchangeably. I am VERY disappointed in SUs decision to only offer the single colors with half smooth and half textured.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizelsgrandmaView Post
I am another one that doesn't like the changes in their 12x12 packaging. I know I can get a 20 package of assorted but I don't use all the colors equally so I don't want to have to buy an assorted package. I will not be buying their 12x12 packages any longer and then it follows that if I find other 12x12 that is also offered in 8 1/2 x 11 I will move towards that as well as I want my papers to match. I am both a cardmaker as well as a scrapbooker so I use both sizes often and interchangeably. I am VERY disappointed in SUs decision to only offer the single colors with half smooth and half textured.
Then you need to tell them. They changed it once before due to everyone sending letters and emails.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #12  
Crimping Master

I'll bet they DO have a ton of textured paper laying around and want to get rid of it. I only buy the smaller size of card stock, but if I was a scrap booker I'd be pretty ticked off. With the 12 by 12 single color packs you get almost half of what you got before and half of that is textured. Plus it costs more! I hope they get a flood of complaints and change it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm on my demo's website and they do have 20 sheet single color smooth pack available. It's on the second page under paper/cardstock.

I like textured/smooth cardstock because I die cut a lot in addition to stamping. What I can't believe is they expect me to pay 69 cents a sheet + shipping for this combo pack. $6.95 for 10 sheets of cardstock is pretty spendy to me. Contrast with $7.50 for 20 sheets of smooth 12 x 12 single color or $11.95 for 20 sheets of textured in the color family combo. I would buy the single color combo packs if they were resonably priced; I really wish that SU would sell single color texture cardstock packs. Their availability of bulk ribbon and texture cardstock is one of the main reasons I have mostly SU ink and paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #14  
Crimping Master

You're right, the 12 by 12 is available in a pack of 20 single color smooth sheets on the website. But that item doesn't show if you search by color and I can't find it in the paper catalog. Weird, why wouldn't they list it like the other paper choices?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 07:08 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I am actually in the like the textured paper camp, not for everything of course but as an accent I like it. I don't have much because of the way it was packaged previously. I'm not THRILLED with the 12 x 12 single color pack BUT I like it better than the previous assortment option because I ended up with a lot of paper I didn't use. I think if they had tons of textured paper lying around, they would sell it in complete single packs, KWIM?

So, I'm looking at it as a good thing for me at the moment because I can get 6 sheets of the textured and I'm sure I'll use the smooth too even if I just cut it down to 8.5 x 11. So, in a way I'm trying to look at it as a win win situation...does stink if you don't like it though! Now, if they would just offer both in single packs!!!!! :-)

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

I do not use 12x12, but even as an 8.5x11 customer I have been unhappy with the price. When you add on shipping AND tax it is quite expensive. SU is 80 pound card stock, and I can purchase 110 pound card stock with color matched ribbon and buttons from Papertrey Ink for less money, free shipping over $50 and no sales tax. They do not have as many colors but they expand by one more color every other month, it is growing. I also love it that I can order 3 different sizes of paper - 12 pack for $3, 24 pack (same as SU letter size) for $5, or 50 sheets for $9. This lets me add little bits of colors I need but use seldom, and huge packs of the colors I use all the time. And their kraft is fabulous!

Also, is crumb cake a true kraft papers with its inclusions, or is it regular card stock that is just kraft colored? I find crumb cake very confusing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #17  
Forum Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes, crumb cake a true kraft papers with its inclusions. It's the same paper as before just a new name.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 06:40 AM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

I love textured paper but I would not like to have to buy it with no choice. It's very weird they did this. I will still by the 8x11, even with price increase. I think it's still affordable and such high quality.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2010, 04:13 AM   #19  
Inking Addict

no not happy one bit!

I don't understand why we can't have the option to have smooth or textured like it was before and why has the price gone up but the sheets down :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2010, 04:37 AM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

It's true they have a pack of smooth paper only, but they don't sell it by colors, it's a mix and I don't use all the colors. Also the price increased has been hard to digest... it's a 54% increase! (from .372 per sheet to .579) and this does not includes shipping and tax which also increments as well. I feel that I am receiving less for more since now I'm not even entitle to pick the type of paper I really want.

I believe that if we write SU they will consider our tastes and hopefully make a change for future catalogs. In the meantime, I don't think I'll buy their 12 x 12 cs since half of it will remain in my stash for years to come :(

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2010, 04:41 AM   #21  

Quote:

It's true they have a pack of smooth paper only, but they don't sell it by colors, it's a mix and I don't use all the colors. Also the price increased has been hard to digest... it's a 54% increase! (from .372 per sheet to .579) and this does not includes shipping and tax which also increments as well. I feel that I am receiving less for more since now I'm not even entitle to pick the type of paper I really want.

I believe that if we write SU they will consider our tastes and hopefully make a change for future catalogs. In the meantime, I don't think I'll buy their 12 x 12 cs since half of it will remain in my stash for years to come :(
Hmmmmm, this got me thinking, maybe some kind of swap would work....I'd take all the textured and you'd get all the smooth..... :-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2010, 04:49 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnephelpsView Post
I do not use 12x12, but even as an 8.5x11 customer I have been unhappy with the price. When you add on shipping AND tax it is quite expensive. SU is 80 pound card stock, and I can purchase 110 pound card stock with color matched ribbon and buttons from Papertrey Ink for less money, free shipping over $50 and no sales tax. They do not have as many colors but they expand by one more color every other month, it is growing. I also love it that I can order 3 different sizes of paper - 12 pack for $3, 24 pack (same as SU letter size) for $5, or 50 sheets for $9. This lets me add little bits of colors I need but use seldom, and huge packs of the colors I use all the time. And their kraft is fabulous!

Also, is crumb cake a true kraft papers with its inclusions, or is it regular card stock that is just kraft colored? I find crumb cake very confusing!
I agree 100%...now if they would just make 12 X 12 paper I would be in heaven!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2010, 02:42 AM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
Hmmmmm, this got me thinking, maybe some kind of swap would work....I'd take all the textured and you'd get all the smooth..... :-)
You know such a swap would work out well. If you could find someone local that would be fantastic to avoid shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2010, 02:59 AM   #24  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnephelpsView Post

IMO - PTI sells true coloured kraft paper. SU kraft/ crumb cake has a green tinge that to me is not a true kraft colour. And heaven knows.. I'd hate to have a crumb cake with a green tinge or inclusions!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2010, 04:41 AM   #25  

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333View Post
IMO - PTI sells true coloured kraft paper. SU kraft/ crumb cake has a green tinge that to me is not a true kraft colour. And heaven knows.. I'd hate to have a crumb cake with a green tinge or inclusions!
Really? Looks green? I'm going to have to stare at mine for a while, LOL! Now, I think soft suede has a greenish tint to it but haven't ever thought that of kraft. Sometimes I think I may be a bit color blind though (especially after I design a card that turns out fugly, hahaha) :-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2010, 04:42 AM   #26  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper for funView Post
You know such a swap would work out well. If you could find someone local that would be fantastic to avoid shipping.
Yeah! I'll have to check with everyone at my monthly meeting...maybe I can find my paper-mate....

Sorry....it sounded funnier in my head, LOL!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

I was really dissapointed on the price increase of the 81/2 by11 paper. I need to buy all the new colors that they brought in so I can have a complete set again as I got rid of all the discontinued colors. It is going to be very costly.

Sheri
Reply With Quote Likes