Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-15-2010, 01:30 AM   #81  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeygirl59View Post
They are still high quality. The labels are the problem, not the actually cling. But, many people also have no problem with the labels. You really can get used to using them with no image.
Yes, I used a friend's set without the label and it wasn't a problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2010, 10:45 AM   #82  
Stampin' Fool

I got mine and thank goodness they work!! I did put on the stickers and put one on the way SU said and one my way [took the sticker off and put it on myself...SU way was definitely easier] It's my first set....so there's hoping that any others I want are good too.

Tameria....I did try to take the one off to re-position and it was hard to take off, so I don't really know about taking it off completely, I hope someone has a better response for you
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #83  
Stampin' Fool

I just was reading every one's response...I really didn't thing about re-cutting then when I was putting them on, although I usually do, so next time I will. Stamping the words from the SAB-Whimsical Words, work good even though if I was wood mounting I would have trimmed them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PebbleKraftView Post
Tameria, you can pull the stickers off. I did that when I first discovered the problem with my heart set. I hadn't stamped with them a ton, so I don't know how well the sticker had adhered to the foam, though. Go slowly when you try to take the sticker off, in case it starts to rip your foam. If it rips, I would stop or you might ruin it all together. I stuck the label onto the case so I would know what I have in the set, but I really like this suggestion, too, from meluvstampin:

I followed a tip from a fellow SCSer. I cut the labeles smaller than the stamp and place them in the middle so there is a cling edge around it. Mine now stick MUCH better doing this way and I get the have the labels on them.
Perfect!! This is what I was coming here to post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2010, 03:39 AM   #85  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hmmm - I just tried mine out and seriously - I had not issue? I wonder whats up with that - I had even forgotten to "press hard" like y'all said - I did notice that their were air bubbles once or twice but they went away when I pressed on the stamp.

I'm using the labels and some clear blocks I've had for ages -and trust me they aren't clean. I'm glad for me but puzzles why its inconsistant for some ---hope they have an answer cuz I'm loving mine.

Andrea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2010, 07:06 AM   #86  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekip2View Post
Hmmm - I just tried mine out and seriously - I had not issue? I wonder whats up with that - I had even forgotten to "press hard" like y'all said - I did notice that their were air bubbles once or twice but they went away when I pressed on the stamp.

I'm using the labels and some clear blocks I've had for ages -and trust me they aren't clean. I'm glad for me but puzzles why its inconsistant for some ---hope they have an answer cuz I'm loving mine.

Andrea
I too had no problems with most of mine. There was one small label that didn't stick as well. I mean, it stuck fine to the block, and it stuck fine to the DVD-like case. But after a few minutes I noticed it had fallen off the DVD-like case. So I took it and trimmed away the edge of the label to expose more of the actual cling foam. Now it sticks fine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2010, 09:37 AM   #87  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

It's kinda a crap shoot for me so I just monkey around until I get the results I'm after. What I'm not too thrilled about is how you put on the stickers. Even when following directions, there's still some overhang with some of the stickers. It's just little annoying stuff that I'm sure SU will work out in time.

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 03:55 PM   #88  
Cardstock Collector

My friend ordered the SU clear mount plus SU's acrylic blocks and they stuck perfectly. I assembled my SU clear mount order and tried on my non-SU acrylic block and it wouldn't stick at all! I even tried cleaning it. I think these need to be used with the SU blocks to work great. Because when my friend assembled hers, she was able to stamp and clean the image no problem when I couldn't even get mine to stick on my non-SU block. Don't know why, but I think now I have to invest in SU blocks. Luckily they are really good quality so it would be a good investment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #89  
Kookie Creator

I bought my clear blocks at Hobby Lobby and my SU clear stamps clung great to them. I breathe or heat them up with my fingers before putting them on the block. Actually I like my blocks better than the ones I used at a SU party. Just my 2 cents. The SU blocks are really nice though.

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #90  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by myreneView Post
My friend ordered the SU clear mount plus SU's acrylic blocks and they stuck perfectly. I assembled my SU clear mount order and tried on my non-SU acrylic block and it wouldn't stick at all! I even tried cleaning it. I think these need to be used with the SU blocks to work great. Because when my friend assembled hers, she was able to stamp and clean the image no problem when I couldn't even get mine to stick on my non-SU block. Don't know why, but I think now I have to invest in SU blocks. Luckily they are really good quality so it would be a good investment.
My SU! stamps work fine with my non-SU! blocks. Before buying SU! blocks, maybe you should try your stamps with your friend's SU! blocks first to see if it is really the blocks. It might be the stamps!

Did you use the stickers??

I used the stickers, BUT I cut the sticker down as much as I could, so I get stickiness from a little bit of the actual foam.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #91  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks for the suggestion. I cut the stickers down as much as I could before putting them on the stamps. It may be my blocks. I will try my friend's blocks before I buy. I still have until March 31 to put another order in and still get Sale-a-Bration set. So there's time. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 03:56 AM   #92  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default stampin up stamps

I was a bit disappointed in the size of the stamps. Haven't tried them yet. If you buy the ones on blocks are they bigger?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 05:09 AM   #93  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]View Post
I was a bit disappointed in the size of the stamps. Haven't tried them yet. If you buy the ones on blocks are they bigger?
No, I think the images for both wood and clear-mount are the same size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 08:17 AM   #94  
Stazon Splitcoast

I never have a problem with them clinging to the acrylic blocks either and mine DO have the stickers on them. I wish it was as easy for all of you.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #95  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 134 Likes on 116 Posts
Talking

I used the new stamps today at an SU class. The ones with the stickers on the back do NOT stick to the acrylic block as well as when you don't put the sticker on the back.
I've been using stamps mounted on an EZ-Mount type of foam for quite some time. I like that better than the wood mount - I can see where I stamp my image!
Reply With Quote Likes