Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-08-2008, 05:31 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sticking cardstock onto a clear card

Please help :( I thought I had this great card planned that I cut a cardstock shape in my new die cut machine then attached to an acetate card with my 2 way glue. what would work better? It pulls away with slightest bend... I am trying to stay withing product Stampin'Up! carries as it will help my business but also good to hear other alternatives... Does anything not show so you don't have to double up paper on the back?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I used the mini glue dots, but yes, I had layers that covered up the dots, even on the back of the card.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 19 Posts

The only thing I can think of would be tiny dots crystal effect. They would show but it wouldn't be much and I would think it would be strong enough to hold.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Glue Dots makes a vellum adhesive that is a sheet with tiny, tiny dots on it that you transfer from the carrier to the surface you want the adhesive on by rubbing (similar to a rub-on). Perhaps those would be small and clear enough not to show.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2008, 02:26 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

I have the Glue Dots for vellum. It holds some kinds of vellum fine and just won't stick with others. I've had no luck using it with cardstock though. I think the cardstock is probably too heavy.

I use the mini glue dots, but only around the edges on the back of the item, I embellish something or use my "made for you by..." stamp in the middle of the back of the item and then stick it to the clear card. I usually cut out a "frame" for the embellishment and mini glue dot that to the back of the card. Does that make any sense??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2008, 02:28 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

I have the Glue Dots for vellum. It holds some kinds of vellum fine and just won't stick with others. I've had no luck using it with cardstock though. I think the cardstock is probably too heavy.

I use the mini glue dots, but only around the edges on the back of the item, I embellish something or use my "made for you by..." stamp in the middle of the back of the item and then stick it to the clear card. I usually cut out a "frame" for the embellishment and mini glue dot that to the back of the card. Does that make any sense??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2008, 02:30 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

I have the Glue Dots for vellum. It holds some kinds of vellum fine but just won't stick with others. I've had no luck using it with cardstock though. I think the cardstock is probably too heavy.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2008, 02:44 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I have the Glue Dots for vellum. It holds some kinds of vellum fine but just won't stick with others. I've had no luck using it with cardstock though. I think the cardstock is probably too heavy.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2008, 03:40 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used ATG adhesive on this card Acetate Santa College by bwstamper at Splitcoaststampers . I put a VERY tiny dot in each corner and it was barely visible. I don't think it showed enough for anyone that didn't know it was there to notice. It held just fine. I made a lot of these for my Christmas cards and kept one. It is still holding nicely. I know this isn't a SU product but I tried several things including glue dots and liked the ATG better than anything else. I did not put cardstock on the back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2008, 04:16 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

I use a Xyron machine. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to seeing adhesive, so I like the consistent application of the Xyron. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Default questions to answers

Thanks for all the info ladies- wow- you are super!!!

Is the ATG the big scotch gun???

I should try my xyron. So far I have not been able to get it to do anything right and I have tried to get help and they never answer questions so I kinda shelved it out of frustration... Will try tonight- thank you Just so desperately hoping one of my products would work and SU folks can never answer my questions about technique or what goes with what - that is why this community rocks!!!!! I appreciate everyone on here so much for sharing
Reply With Quote Likes