Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-06-2008, 08:02 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spellbinder's - Cutting Apart?

I'm wondering how I can cut my spellbinder tag die apart. It is too small and hard to do with normal scissors. I'm open to all suggestions.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 03:56 AM   #2  
Inking Addict

Why do you want to cut it apart? You might have to try something like tin snips.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by akmontgomeryView Post
Why do you want to cut it apart? You might have to try something like tin snips.

I ask the same question, WHY DO YOU WANT TO CUT IT APART?

Which die are you talking about? Spellbinders has many Tag Die Sets:
  • Tiny Tags #S3-086
  • Variety Tags #S4-082
  • TAgs 5 #S4-081
  • Standard Tag #S3-028 (Nested set of 3)
  • Rounded Top Tag #S3-029 (Nested set of 3)
  • Tag Shape 3 #S3-030 (Nested set of 3)
  • Scalloped Tag #S3-031 (Nested set of 3)

If you are talking about one of the Nested set of 3 tag sets, those might be "tanged" together with a tiny piece of metal. If they are then you just need to flip back and forth or spin the individual dies till the metal breaks.

If you are talking about one of the other tag dies, then you DO NOT want to cut them apart. Those are made to stay together. If you cut these, they might not work like they should and will most likely void any warranty on the die/machine.

I hope this makes sense. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Kar
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have a question, I hope someone will help me with. I've seen so many beautiful acrylic albums. I am really wanting to do one myself. The one question I have may seem stupid. But, do you cover the pictures with anything, (acetate) or are they just glued back down with the picture exposed?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 10:08 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default acrylic albums

Sorry, I forgot to change the title. Can you tell I don't post very often?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 03:08 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooked-2View Post
I ask the same question, WHY DO YOU WANT TO CUT IT APART?

Which die are you talking about? Spellbinders has many Tag Die Sets:
  • Tiny Tags #S3-086
  • Variety Tags #S4-082
  • TAgs 5 #S4-081
  • Standard Tag #S3-028 (Nested set of 3)
  • Rounded Top Tag #S3-029 (Nested set of 3)
  • Tag Shape 3 #S3-030 (Nested set of 3)
  • Scalloped Tag #S3-031 (Nested set of 3)

If you are talking about one of the Nested set of 3 tag sets, those might be "tanged" together with a tiny piece of metal. If they are then you just need to flip back and forth or spin the individual dies till the metal breaks.

If you are talking about one of the other tag dies, then you DO NOT want to cut them apart. Those are made to stay together. If you cut these, they might not work like they should and will most likely void any warranty on the die/machine.

I hope this makes sense. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Kar

The one I bought is the Standard Tag set. It is a nested set of 3 tags. I want to be able to use each of the tags by themselves. Last night I used the die, with all 3 tags still together. The only tag that came out looking like a tag was the small one in the middle. The other 2 tags looked like outlines with nothing in the middle.

Late last night I was trying to cut the metal tangs with scissors but gave up as the scissors were to big. I just tried now to take them apart but twisting them and it worked beautifully. Now I can make individual tags using the 3 different sizes.

I am brand new to the world of die cuts and just received my cuttlebug for Christmas. I just happened to spot the spellbinder nested tag set at a boxing day sale at too good a price. I did an internet search late this afternoon and saw a lot of other spellbinder dies that I didn't even know existed. I can see now that I would not want to take them apart. Up till then I had only seen the nested ones (circles, squares and tags) in real life. I didn't realize there were other types.

Would it be safe to say then that one could only take the nested ones apart?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by newbie007View Post
The one I bought is the Standard Tag set. It is a nested set of 3 tags. I want to be able to use each of the tags by themselves. Last night I used the die, with all 3 tags still together. The only tag that came out looking like a tag was the small one in the middle. The other 2 tags looked like outlines with nothing in the middle.

Late last night I was trying to cut the metal tangs with scissors but gave up as the scissors were to big. I just tried now to take them apart but twisting them and it worked beautifully. Now I can make individual tags using the 3 different sizes.

I am brand new to the world of die cuts and just received my cuttlebug for Christmas. I just happened to spot the spellbinder nested tag set at a boxing day sale at too good a price. I did an internet search late this afternoon and saw a lot of other spellbinder dies that I didn't even know existed. I can see now that I would not want to take them apart. Up till then I had only seen the nested ones (circles, squares and tags) in real life. I didn't realize there were other types.

Would it be safe to say then that one could only take the nested ones apart?
Yes, you are correct that only the Nested Dies are suppose to be taken apart. In fact, Spellbinders is now having those dies made without the "tangs". So newer designs will not have those. The "Nestabilities" are made with out the "tangs" The Standard Tag set that you purchased is one of the original set of dies that Spellbinders created and that is why those have the "tangs", but as supplies go down, I would not be surprised if they didn't start to come separated as well.

Spellbinders has tons of dies and lines of dies that have not received the recognition they deserve. If you are a card maker, you will love their Edgeabilities. They are so unique and fun. They have all types of themes and designs.

If you purchase one of the dies that is on lets say a "plate". You would NOT want to cut the individual shapes apart. You would just die cut out and emboss the multiple shapes on that plate/die at 1 time.

Spellbinders does have a new line called "Shapeabilities" If you notice their newest Christmas Dies are not on a plate anymore, the dies are individual shapes, similar to Nestabilities. So for instance, if you would like a Sleigh shape opening in a card front or maybe a wreath, you can do that with the Christmas Sleigh die or Wreath.

I hope this helps answer more questions. But I love the Spellbinders Dies.
Reply With Quote Likes