Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-14-2008, 06:08 AM   #121  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
Yes i have been able to get the slice and love it , but the cartridges in the UK are about $70 each . Wich is more than twice what they are for you in the USA. Thanks Denise x
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 06:25 AM   #122  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by theresalairdView Post
WOW! That is an amazing deal on close to a $400 machine. If I was considering buying the cricut now that would certainly be a price I don't think I could pass on

It really is a GREAT deal. It's $600 here at Michael's in Canada!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 01:55 PM   #123  
Hardware Hotshot

Gale, tell us more! Tell us more!!
I'm so glad yours came early, because that give me hope for mine. Have fun with yours this weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #124  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
Micheals will have the Cricut Expression on sale Thanksgiving day for $149.99...it was on a thread here somewhere about Black Friday sales...I am very seriously considering that one...
Blessings...I hope you all get your slice units...
It's not the expression, it's the Create - the machine that's kind of in the middle that will be on sale. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 05:25 PM   #125  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I got my Slice today-in the regular mail. I haven't even opened it up to charge it yet-my room is a mess.
YAH! I am so excited for you. After you use it I would love to hear what you think about it. Mine was supposed to come on the 18th but will be here tomorrow So I get to play this weekend too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 05:27 PM   #126  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierMamaView Post
It's not the expression, it's the Create - the machine that's kind of in the middle that will be on sale. :(
I thought that sounded too good to be true. The lowest price for the Expressions I've seen was a little over $300. But I'm sure if you like the smaller one that must be a great deal anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 09:16 PM   #127  
Polyshrink Goddess

Gale--

I used the glue that came with mine and it worked just fine. It spreads real thin and dries in 2 minutes. Enjoy!

Kristi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 07:20 AM   #128  
Hardware Hotshot

Somebody on another post mentioned that after playing around with it for awhile, it stopped homing properly, and was messing up all of the cuts. (sigh) I knew there was a reason why I wait so long to buy things! They need time to work the bugs out!
You're right, though. The slice scallops don't look quite right...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 07:35 AM   #129  
Mad Swapper

So, for those who have gotten to play awhile, what do you think? It looks like such a great alternative to buying punches for flowers, etc. I'm not so concerned about most of the scalloped shapes because of the Nesties I've already invested in, so I'm just wondering how well it cuts in general. Would you recommend it to your best friend? Thanks!

Last edited by Stampin' Adventurer; 11-15-2008 at 07:36 AM.. Reason: changed a word
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 07:46 AM   #130  
Forum Fanatic

Just yesterday I saw a video tutorial where the tutor was using a Slice. She used this really cool frame shape and showed how to place the Slice over a stamped sentiment and have it cut out a perfect frame for it. Here's the link....the video's kinda long but it had neat ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVZVMdKshEM
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 07:51 AM   #131  
Stampin' Fool

Default slice

How would you use the 12 x 12 mat with this? I watched a video and I can't see why you would want a 12 x 12 mat if the slice is limited to cutting a 4 x 4 space.

jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 08:32 AM   #132  
Mad Swapper

Just got my machine! It cuts shapes perfectly. My nesties shapes cut perfectly round (sorry it didn't work for others). I used papertreys heavy weight cardstock and it cut through it without a problem. You don't have to press down hard when it cuts. Just hold it down lightly. I'm glad I bought it and hope everyone enjoys theirs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 08:51 AM   #133  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Just got my machine! It cuts shapes perfectly. My nesties shapes cut perfectly round (sorry it didn't work for others). I used papertreys heavy weight cardstock and it cut through it without a problem. You don't have to press down hard when it cuts. Just hold it down lightly. I'm glad I bought it and hope everyone enjoys theirs.
Thank you for renewing my hope! I hope mine comes early...and that my machine works good, too. Have fun playing with yours this weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #134  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh COOL!! I have been obsessively checking the tracking since yesterday morning, because it seemed stuck in Ohio. Just after noon it arrived in DALLAS!! Being in OKC, I can tell you I should have it by Monday!! Pretty awesome, considering they estimated Friday. woohoo!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 10:36 AM   #135  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I'm so glad to hear that it will cut Papertrey's cardstock. I was really hoping it would but expecting that it wouldn't. Now I just need for my Slice to get here. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 11:07 AM   #136  
Kookie Creator

I just bought one today!!! I'm so excited. I love it. I went into a stamp store by my MIL looking for ez mount and walked out with a slice and no ez mount. Ha! I have been looking allover for a Canadian retailer rather than online and I've been having no luck. The only Canadian online retailer i've been able to find sold them for $199. I got it for $159. I'm pretty happy with that! I'm now waiting for the Falala cartridge to come in which apparently are already on back order.
Hope all you ladies who are waiting for yours get them shortly.
take care
Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 12:10 PM   #137  
Hardware Hotshot

Gale, something is wrong with yours. I don't think anybody would be happy with that circle. I'm so sorry yours is having problems. What a disappointment. Definitely send it back/exchange it, whatever. I'll let you know when mine gets here if my shapes look like yours. Because I would NOT be excited about those cuts.
Again, I'm so sorry, and am disappointed for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #138  
Hardware Hotshot

What about directly through making memories?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #139  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I'm going to call them on Monday. I am pretty sure they would rather try troubleshooting or tell me I'm doing something wrong than to refund my money though.
I am so sorry this is happening :( I cut a design with a circle center cut out and mine was perfect. I also cut out the word FREAM and it cut it beautifully! Have you tried some trouble shooting solutions in the book. Your blade might need to be manually turned. It might be in the wrong position. Also when you hit select button and it automatically positions the blade is it in the correct position? If it is not a defect there are several different reasons why it could happen. Again I am so sorry this is happening. I know I would be sooo disappointed waiting for it and than have to not work propertly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 03:48 PM   #140  
Embossing Fanatic

The slice is at Hobby Lobby. I just left my local HL and they had a display that said Slice and they had the tote bag, a 12x12 mat and the adhesive. I saw decals with the cart info and I asked the lady in the dept. She said the merchandise came in this week but she was slow to put it out. She was nice enough to go get me the noteworthy cart and I got the 12x12 mat. I used 40% off coupons on both. Now for the bad side this morning i went to my LSS and found the Slice and preordered it for 110.00. Yes I am sick that i just did not wait a few hours. The lady at HL did ask if i thought she should order more and i said yes. I looked at her spec sheet and they had only ordered 2 of everything. I told her i thought they would go fast. Anyway if you can be patient HL's should have them......
Brittney
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #141  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

It looked like it was in the correct position according to the manual. Maybe when I call them on monday they can give me some other adjustments to try.
Just realized in my reply I typed the word FREAM instead of DREAM (oops). Hope everything goes well for you. Let us know how everything turns out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #142  
Hardware Hotshot

woohoo!!!!!! My Slice has left Dallas! If it were shipped UPS I'd know it was headed to Oklahoma City next, and I hope it is. But I don't know. It's not actually scheduled to be delivered until Friday, the 21st. But everybody else has received theirs early. Crossing my fingers I get it tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #143  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin in OkcView Post
woohoo!!!!!! My Slice has left Dallas! If it were shipped UPS I'd know it was headed to Oklahoma City next, and I hope it is. But I don't know. It's not actually scheduled to be delivered until Friday, the 21st. But everybody else has received theirs early. Crossing my fingers I get it tomorrow!
Yeah!! I hope you do get it tomorrow. Just to let you know that if you had it sent standard shipping it could be delivered by the USPS. Mine was standard delivery which was fedex smart shipping and it ended up being delivered by my mail carrier. When I was watching the tracking on mine on the day before the delivery it says it notified the USPS to expect the package. Someone else also said that it was delivered to her by the USPS too. Just thought I'd let you know. Enjoy your machine when it comes. You are going to LOVE it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #144  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Mine is going back. Joann's sent me a free shipping label and she said if I mark it defective and put on the slip that I want a refund, I should get a full refund. She did offer me an exchange but I declined. For one thing I'm sure they're still OOS and also after the frustration I decided I don't even really need it. It was stupid of me to want it in the first place.
Sorry things didn't work out for you :( But I'm glad you didn't have any more frustration with customer service and are getting all your money back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 01:07 PM   #145  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Gale. I read about your resolution on two peas, and I'm SO sorry yours didn't work out. I didn't get mine today, and am hoping for tomorrow. It is nice to know that Joann's is taking care of this for you, though. From what some were saying, I was worried. So, thanks for sharing your experiences.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 02:02 PM   #146  
Polyshrink Goddess

I bought mine at Archivers and it had the number one cartridge included. I am so glad that I did buy the Slice and not the BIG Cricut. I am a card maker so this is perfect for me. I love that it so easy to store and take with me. I also bought spooky. noteworthy and fa la la at 40% off at my local scrapbook store. I know that Archivers will take their coupon but not on the machine. I think that this will only grow in popluarity and there will be many new toys that will come out to use with the Slice.... Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #147  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyclaireView Post
I bought mine at Archivers and it had the number one cartridge included. I am so glad that I did buy the Slice and not the BIG Cricut. I am a card maker so this is perfect for me. I love that it so easy to store and take with me. I also bought spooky. noteworthy and fa la la at 40% off at my local scrapbook store. I know that Archivers will take their coupon but not on the machine. I think that this will only grow in popluarity and there will be many new toys that will come out to use with the Slice.... Carol
I hope it will grow in popularity too and they come out with MANY more cartridges! I too am mainly a card maker and am so thrilled that I was able to afford this machine. It works perfectly and it is my first real cutting machine (similiar to the cricut).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 05:13 PM   #148  
Pearl-ExPert

What increments does it cut in? It says from1" to 4", but how much do the cuts jump? I'm just thinking about matting and such.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #149  
Stazon Splitcoast

not all images are available in 1" to 4" increments but they basically increase/decrease by 1/2" increments. Some images start at 1 1/2"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #150  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovellView Post
not all images are available in 1" to 4" increments but they basically increase/decrease by 1/2" increments. Some images start at 1 1/2"

Thank you, I love being able to mat things by 1/8" increments, especially parts that I would like to stamp on (like the new nestabilitie type shapes). Hmm... I wonder how often this would be a problem...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 05:22 PM   #151  
Stazon Splitcoast

For the person having trouble with theirs, have you tried using it while plugged in? When the Slice starts cutting all wonky, it means it's tired and needs more juice. The directions say it only needs to charge for 1 hr but I highly recommend charging it overnight for its first charge and charging it for more than 1hr any other time. You can use this plugged in, too, if you plan on doing a lot of cutting in one sitting. The more intricate the designs you are cutting, the more juice it's going to suck up to make those cuts. Let it sit plugged in for a bit to get charged back up, then use it plugged in and see if it makes any difference.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 05:32 PM   #152  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, phooey. I'm sorry yours isn't working, gale. Sounds like you've tried everything.

Anna's creations, I haven't played with mine enough to see if the 1/2" increment is a pain but I've seen how they've layered alphas on the Slice website and it looks pretty cool. I've also layered snowflakes with the 1/2" difference and it works fine. If you want to use the scallop squares and such to mat with, you'd just have to cut your smaller layer 1/4" smaller than the scallop you are cutting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 05:45 PM   #153  
Pearl-ExPert

Can you point me to that video? I can't seem to find it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 05:46 AM   #154  
Hardware Hotshot

Go to www.makingmemories.com, and click on the picture of it. It will take you to a Slice page, and there is a link there with several videos. Or, go to youtube and punch in 'making memories slice' and a ton of videos will come up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 06:28 AM   #155  
Stazon Splitcoast

Why Slice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 08:09 AM   #156  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am so tickled. I got my Noteworthy card yesterday and I ordered FaLaLa today. I was having second thoughts about getting the slice, but now I'm not, I'm in love! And it's my first die cut machine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 09:20 AM   #157  
Mad Swapper

Can someone who has the christmas design card let me know how the snowflakes look when they are cut? Meaning are they really detailed and nice looking? I am considering buying it. TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #158  
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up I LOVE IT!

I purchased a Slice the day the were received at my favorite scrapbooking store. I love mine. I have been waiting (very patiently ;) ) for them to be released and was so excited to bring mine hom. The only complaint that I have is I have to cut each letter one at a time. I love the portability, I took it with me on a weekend retreat and it fit right into my scrap cart. I havent had any major problems. I am waiting for the Paprice cartridage to be released and am looking for the tool kit and case for the cartridages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 10:40 AM   #159  
Cardstock Collector

I saw a demonstration of the Slice and was very unimpressed. It was difficult to get paper to stick. It took a lot of pressure with both hands while it was cutting. Not worth $149. Cartridges are an additional $39. You can do the same things with punches.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 11:08 AM   #160  
Pearl-ExPert

I used my FaLaLa cartridage to make the snowflake and star ornaments you see in the ad. They are SOOO easy and turned out SOOO cute. I also have a few of the projects I've used my Slice for on my blog...
www.scrapwithm.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes