Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-19-2009, 11:22 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sizzix bigshot vs bigshot express

I know the difference is one is electrical and one isn't... but which do you think is better?i've never had a die cutting machine so i dont really know if its annoying to turn the handle .. or if its fine?

what do you think? what do you prefer and why?

thanks for your help
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 02:17 AM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

i just read somewhere that there is a big shot pro coming out...
whats the difference with that and the original??should i wait on that one instead?

but wow the price on that is really expensive.. is it worth it?

I plan to buy the bigshot in the USA and ship it here to south africa... can you recommend embossing plates and dies that i should start out with?(since i will be paying shipping anyway so i may as well place a good order)...
do i just look for sizzix dies? or can i look at cuttlebug? what dies do you use the most? thanks for your help! i really do appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I haven't seen the big shot pro in real life; it is expensive from what I've seen. I hope this link works - it is supposed to be for some videos showcasing the new machine:
http://video.google.ca/videosearch?h...itle&resnum=4#
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I have the manual (non-electric) version, and I love it. I would recommend the electric one to someone who has arthritis or who does large numbers of multiple cuts at a time. One thing you might consider is whether the electricity & plugs are the same in South Africa as in the US. You might need some sort of adapter if you choose the electric version.

With the Big Shot, you can use Cuttlebug dies & embossing folders, Nestabilities, and QuicKutz, in addition to all the Sizzix dies & embossing folders. Lots of possibilities. Have fun!
I'm Fun Stampers Journey Coach #10224. Join now for only $50!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I was talking to the gal at our local Archiver's and she definitely did not like the BigShot Express. The first one, the motor burned out in a week, they sent it back twice for replacements. So, the quality of the motor seems to be in question. My regular BigShot is awesome, I love it. It is very sturdy and I have no problems with it.

The Pro has a bigger area, so it can handle larger dies. The larger dies are of course more expensive. The ones I saw were typically larger favor boxes and some 3-D items. If you make a lot of those, the Pro might be worthwhile, but the regular BigShot should be able to handle most of your card and scrapping needs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 05:17 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have the electric Express, and I love it. I recommend it highly.

When using the new pendant dies from Spellbinders, I run it forward, then backward. It's so easy with the little switch on the top of the machine. (Sometimes the pendant dies don't cut all the way through on the first pass.)

It's fast and powerful, and I wouldn't go to the manual version if you paid me, I love it so much.

Cyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Express and Spellbinders

Cyn,
I can't seem to get the sandwich thing down for my spellbinder dies in my Express. Could you please let me in on the details? Include the names of the pieces and their colors. I see inconsistencies in the names of some of the layers and am still confused about them.
thanks soooo much!
Debra
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #8  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by StinkaBellasMommieView Post
Cyn,
I can't seem to get the sandwich thing down for my spellbinder dies in my Express. Could you please let me in on the details? Include the names of the pieces and their colors. I see inconsistencies in the names of some of the layers and am still confused about them.
thanks soooo much!
Debra
All of the new Spellbinders dies come with instructions on how to use them with each kind of machine. Have you tried using their recommendations for the Big Shot?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2010, 03:23 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by StinkaBellasMommieView Post
Cyn,
thanks soooo much!
Debra
I just got the express today and even the lady who owns the LSS almost broke hers when trying to figure out how to use the nestie. She cut it just fine but to emboss she got it stuck big time! I agree with you that the names don't line up on some of the pieces. I also think the regular bigshot has a different base pad because it is layered and the videos I have seen show it with different pages opened/closed. So I don't know how to convert it to the express. If you have this figured out, since your post is almost 4 weeks old, please let me know! I am very excited to emboss my nesties in the express. But I love it so far for the other dies.
Reply With Quote Likes