Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-06-2010, 05:46 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scrapbox storeage system

My craft has grown over the years. I am ready to make an investment on a permanent , furniture piece, or have something built for my supplies. I have recently seen this furniture item called the oiginal scrapbox which is a nice piece of furniture that folds up and looks like a tv cabinet. Does anyone have this? Do you have something else really big that looks great to share? Please, do tell.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I don't have it but I didn't like the idea of fabric and cardboard drawers. I wouldn't think they'd be sturdy enough. I use jetmax cubes and am happy with them.
Thanks for the note Gale. I saw the video and had the same thought! I just cannot imagine the canvas. It seems kind of pricey for right now too. I was thinking that if I go that far, I may as well hire a cabinet builder and have my craft area exactly the way I want it. Still, it would serve an immediate need. I am also thinking that the canvas would look dirty after awhile and be hard to clean. Hmmmm.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2010, 05:11 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

At least on the Paper Tower... there is a thin wood piece beneath every canvas tote. I will have to wait a while to see if it gets dirty over time, but so far, I think that they ared pretty good. I like the clear plastic on the front.

I have built in cabinets that we put in about two years ago as well. All I needed was paper storage, and the problem with a lot of cabinets is that it isn't really great for 12 x 12 paper. The upper aren't deep enough typically, and the bottom ones we have have a middle bar that won't let me use it easily for paper. I love the paper tower (so far). It looks very similar to the Hickory cabinets we have (I have the knotty alder), and I like that I can move it around.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

I just did a Google search for scrapbook storage and found the website. It's a beautiful piece of furniture and a good idea but I still don't think it would hold everything and If I'm spending over $1500 it BETTER hold everything. Plus, even though I'm not getting it, the delivery person will not carry that sucker into your house. My craft room is upstairs, 13 stairs to be exact. No way we could lug that up 13 steps.

Adopt A Greyhound-Save a Life
http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/
Reply With Quote Likes