Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-12-2007, 04:01 PM   #41  
rdm
Mad Swapper

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I loOOove my Scor-Pal. My cards score & fold in half PERFECTL, everytime. I also use it when adhering my card-fronts to the folded card... the card front always ends up perfectly squared and positioned on the folded card (position the folded card into either corner and adhere the cardfront, using the Scor-Pals raised boundaries as guides). Don't know how in the world I got by all these years without it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 04:12 PM   #42  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have both the score pal and the score-it. I like the score pal much better. It is designed to fence the paper in so, your paper can't slip. The score-it tool doesn't do that. I am trying to get my favorite stamp store to carry it. I had to get mine on-line.

Mona
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #43  
Die Cut Diva

I don't have a scor pal, but I have a scor-it. It really makes things easier. I really like it!

KraftyChic
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #44  
Compulsive Stamper

Thumbs up New improved Scor-Pal. Can it get any better?

Breaking news!!! I just spoke with Diana today. There is a new shipment of Scor-Pals coming in newly improved. Larger numbers, more score options, and a left-handed person can use it with ease. There is a waiting list, but she said the first delivery is the end of the month. The next delivery is in October as they are being shipped by boat. I agree with you that Scor-Pal wins hands down. Diana is a super lady and I am very happy that her dream has become so popular. I am not aware of any place that carries them other than her. She is in Canada but ships them from the U.S. so the postage isn't so high. Scor-Pal is light weight and easy to carry around. Scor-it is heavy and is akward to use at times. I have the first version of Scor-Pal and have put my name on the waiting list for the newer model. I'll keep one in my craft room and one in my bag. If you haven't done so yet and you are trying to make a decision, give Diana a call. She has a toll free number and is always willing to speak with you. She also answers her e-mails remarkably fast. You can find her phone number online. There's only one Scor-Pal.

Have I convince everyone???? Hope so. You won't be sorry, I promise!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 06:16 PM   #45  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hi everyone, I just want to put my two cents in. I have a Scor Pal and love it! I think you can only buy from Diana, although I did read earlier in this thread that Frantic Stamper is selling it. You might want to check with Diana first, her price may be better since she's selling it direct. Inditrishd is absolutely correct about calling Diana. I have spoken with her on three separate occasions and she's absolutely one of the nicest persons I've spoken with. She recommended some of her other products that I've tried and they are fantastic! I've had mine for several months and keep it beside my chair. Thank you Inditrishd for sharing that a new one is coming out, I'll order a new one and give mine to my Mom.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerri KayView Post
Hi everyone, I just want to put my two cents in. I have a Scor Pal and love it! I think you can only buy from Diana, although I did read earlier in this thread that Frantic Stamper is selling it. You might want to check with Diana first, her price may be better since she's selling it direct. Inditrishd is absolutely correct about calling Diana. I have spoken with her on three separate occasions and she's absolutely one of the nicest persons I've spoken with. She recommended some of her other products that I've tried and they are fantastic! I've had mine for several months and keep it beside my chair. Thank you Inditrishd for sharing that a new one is coming out, I'll order a new one and give mine to my Mom.
www.franticstamper.com has the Scor Pal for $39.99 and the Scor It for $59.99...I think that it's comparable to Diana.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:03 PM   #47  
Insane Embellisher

Awwww, but I just got my scor-pal :( There's a new one coming out?? sheesh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2007, 01:18 AM   #48  
Embossing Fanatic

Default DITTO!!

[QUOTE=indytrishd;7170134] I have the first version of Scor-Pal and have put my name on the waiting list for the newer model. I'll keep one in my craft room and one in my bag. If you haven't done so yet and you are trying to make a decision, give Diana a call. She has a toll free number and is always willing to speak with you. She also answers her e-mails remarkably fast. You can find her phone number online. QUOTE]

When I saw this product the first time, I immediately got on the waiting list. When Diana got ready to send out the product, she actually called me on the phone to let me know it was finally coming! I love it so much - I guess my upline is going to get yet another "gift" from me, so I can purchase the new and improved version of the Scor-pal.

I don't even know what the Scor-it is, but I have never been able to score anything use regular scorers. This product is a GEM!

cadyetx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2007, 09:11 AM   #49  
Compulsive Stamper

I did find that Frantic Stamper has the Scor-Pal. It is the same price as Diana. I am very loyal to Diana and will continue buying from her. Her tape that she has similar to the "sticky tape" is the best and much more sticky, and a lot less expensive. The glitter rag is fantastic! It picks up all that mess we leave around. I could go on and on, but you need to find out for yourselves. They also have wonderful tutorials for using the Scor-Pal. I'm selling my Scor-it!! Any takers? Hehehehehe!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2007, 11:44 AM   #50  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I just want to chime in here and say I LOVE MY SCOR-PAL!! It makes workshop prep a breeze! And, the best part, you can't press too hard and damage your card stock. Oh, and I love love love Diana too! I really like that it's SO light weight and portable. It does not take up any room on my already crowded desk. Get one girls... you will not regret it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2007, 12:25 PM   #51  
Die Cut Diva

I just bought one of these ... havent used it yet ... in fact, havent received it yet (should be coming in today's mail) ... bought it from a Canadian online store. But you say a new version is coming out? Ugh, of course, right after I buy one. Just my luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2007, 09:55 PM   #52  
Kookie Creator

Default Give your OLD Scor-Pal to a Downline... your upline should buy her own <smile>

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadyetxView Post
I guess my upline is going to get yet another "gift" from me, so I can purchase the new and improved version of the Scor-pal.

cadyetx
Give your OLD Scor-Pal to a Downline... your upline should buy her own <smile>
It would be a GREAT incentive to sign up under you ...
http://inkingitup.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2007, 09:59 PM   #53  
Kookie Creator

Oh, and we could really help ourselves and Scor-Pal by suggesting the OBVIOUS-- it should be in the Stampin' Up! catalog... after all, they finally put the crop-a-dile in, eh?

I mean -- think of the benefits -- a nice priced tool to show, use, sell (your income rebate check would be nice...) Increased paper and adhesive sales because everyone would be making more cards...

I have typed to Demonstrator Support ([email protected]) to suggest that they put it into our catalog, and I hope some of you will consider doing that, too. Diana is a Stampin' Up! demo -- the product is beautifully designed, sturdy, lightweight... Quality all the way. It is a great thing to sell with the desktop guillotine cutter that we sell... making for a nice trio of tools... the cutter, crop-a-dile and scor-pal...

So come on, y'all -- type to demonstrator support and ask them to put it in the SU catalog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2007, 08:47 AM   #54  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoypupView Post
Oh, and we could really help ourselves and Scor-Pal by suggesting the OBVIOUS-- it should be in the Stampin' Up! catalog... after all, they finally put the crop-a-dile in, eh?

I mean -- think of the benefits -- a nice priced tool to show, use, sell (your income rebate check would be nice...) Increased paper and adhesive sales because everyone would be making more cards...

I have typed to Demonstrator Support ([email protected]) to suggest that they put it into our catalog, and I hope some of you will consider doing that, too. Diana is a Stampin' Up! demo -- the product is beautifully designed, sturdy, lightweight... Quality all the way. It is a great thing to sell with the desktop guillotine cutter that we sell... making for a nice trio of tools... the cutter, crop-a-dile and scor-pal...

So come on, y'all -- type to demonstrator support and ask them to put it in the SU catalog!
Great idea Joypup! I'll suggest it to my demo so she can write in (I'm assuming they don't take suggestions from non-demos at that address...is there an email address I could send suggestions to?)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2007, 03:42 PM   #55  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Positive Feedback

I am so happy to hear that those of you who own the Scor-Pal agree that it is the "bomb." Is that an old school word or do we use "awesome" now???? Diana and I have e-mailed each other seveal times today and I told her that there was a thread going and what positive feedback she was receiving on her product. She deserves it. She's worked hard at perfecting the Scor-Pal and has listened to what people suggested. I think the changes were made due the fact that she was out of the original Scor-Pal. What better time to tweak the original when production is about to start again. I can't wait for my name to come up on the list to get the new one, although the original one is great also. I wonder if she would make one in pink like all my other tools? Heheheheh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 08:58 AM   #56  
Insane Embellisher

Looks like the Scor Pal is the way to go. I am curious if anyone has used it to make nugget boxes? I can't seem to get the scoring straight and thought that this tool might do the trick. Anyone have any experience with making the nugget boxes using the Scor Pal? Does the dimensions work out to the measuring guide?
thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 09:21 AM   #57  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkiloView Post
Looks like the Scor Pal is the way to go. I am curious if anyone has used it to make nugget boxes? I can't seem to get the scoring straight and thought that this tool might do the trick. Anyone have any experience with making the nugget boxes using the Scor Pal? Does the dimensions work out to the measuring guide?
thanks
I use my scor-it and love it for making nugget boxes, especially the different sized ones, when you have a measurement like 3-13/16, well, I have not been able to do that kind of measuring on a score pal. Might just be me, but the scor-it has not let me down. Now granted I have only played with someones score pal so maybe it would be different if I had my own and could figure out those measurements.
I like how the scor-it has this material on it to keep the paper from sliding around so you get a nice even score.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 10:47 AM   #58  
Compulsive Stamper

Smile Scor-Pal exact measurgements

When I need such a precise measurement, and there are lots of times that I do, I just measure with my ruler, mark the place with pencil, and then move that mark to one of the scoring slots. Works every time. Hope this suggestion might work for you as well. Not only is Scor-Pal less expensive, light weight, easy to use, you have a real person to speak with if a problem should arise. I spoke with Diana earlier this week to find out the status of the new shipment. It has been delayed a couple of weeks. We're all chomping at the bit to get one of the new models just as Diana is to send all her orders out. Be sure to let me know if any of you get one of the new models before I do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #59  
Insane Embellisher

Indy,
can you tell me the difference of the old model vs the new model?
thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 01:23 PM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

I would love it if the Scor-Pal was made out of a material that you could use the grooves for cutting too and not be cutting into the material. I think it would be great if you could score and cut without having to move your paper.

Ink Fumes Make You Crazy-->Inksanity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 03:50 PM   #61  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Scor-Pal difference

Quote:

Indy,
can you tell me the difference of the old model vs the new model?
thanks!
The difference is: there's more slots for scoring, larger numbers across the top for easy viewing, and it can now be used for those who are left-handed. There may be other improvements, but I don't know what they could be. Diana admitted after using the first Scor-Pal and listening to suggestions that were made by those who owned the Scor-Pal that some changes could be made the next time they were ordered. For those of us who do a lot of scoring, the additional slots will be a convenience. Hope this helps answer your question. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the first version. That whole shipment was sold rather quickly. I believe Diana said 15,000 units sold completely out. With the opportunity to make a few changes with her latest order, the next shipment will incorporate those. I'm keeping one at home and one in my tote. They are so light weight you don't even know you're carrying it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 04:16 PM   #62  
Insane Embellisher

indy,
thanks so much !! I guess I will have to call Diana and get on the list for the new one. I just hope it is soon!!. Have you made any of the nugget boxes with the current model? How did that work?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 04:38 PM   #63  
Compulsive Stamper

I have not made the nugget boxes, but have explosion boxes, album boxes, multi-folds for cards, and candy wrappers, etc. I absolutely love my Scor-Pal and can't wait for the new one. I think you will find it quite easy to use and be very pleased with your new Scor-Pal when you receive it. Go to the Scor-Pal site and you will find a number of tutorials to whet your appetite.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #64  
Kookie Creator

Default Nugget Boxes on a Scor-Pal

Quote:

thanks
I have done the nugget boxes (4, long) and I admit it isn't as easy as I want it to be... but I have had success. You do lose the advantage you gain with more standard measurements (of not having to move your card stock to do multiple scores), but it is "doable" -- you just have to move the paper and pay close attention... It works better if you are doing a lot and develop a system... maybe even mark things temporarily with a china marker (grease pencil) so you don't make mistakes in lining things up...

No question -- for single scores at a precise place, the scor-it seems to rock... but if you do figure out the nugget box thing, it can work great on a scor-pal, too.

The thing is, for the side of a nugget box, you are doing 1/2 inch score, then a 5/8 inch score on all ends... so you just have to adjust at the beginning of each side by 1/8th of an inch... the new model scor-pal will undoubtedly make this easier, so I would say that if you can hold off, grab one of the new models. I have an older model (and a new model coming) and I LOVE, LOVE, Love it and am heading off to make about 60 nugget boxes using it -- so if I come up with some new tricks, I will post here ;^)*

For sure, this isn't going to be ultra-precision-precise (pardon the redundancy) but it is good enough for nugget boxes, I think~ mine seem to work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 07:27 AM   #65  
Insane Embellisher

Julie,
thank you so much for your comments on the nugget boxes! I can;'t wait to get one now!!!
Anyone know when the new ones might be available?
thanks again to all who answered my questions - I knew I could count on my scs sisters! You all rock!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 AM   #66  
Glitter Guru

thanks indy and Julie! You've definitely 'sold' me on the Scor-pal I'm putting it on my Christmas list for my DH and DMIL/FIL, so hopefully I'll be able to get the new one!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 10:31 AM   #67  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Agree with everyone here....Scor-Pal rocks. I've used mine for nugget boxes as well.
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #68  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Scor-pal

Hi,
It warms my heart to read all your comments about Scor-pal. I love it but then I am biased <g>.
Our sales have been fantastic but not 15,000, it must of been my Canadian accent, eh!
The new Scor-Pal improvements have been mentioned but there are also markings in teal at every half inch along each side fence. Say you have to draw a pencil line at 3" on your paper. Lay the paper on the scoring surface, butt it up to the top fence and either side fence. Align a 12" ruler to the 3" marking on each side fence and draw your line. The markings will have another purpose but that is a long way down the road.
We expect our new shipment tomorrow or Wednesday and we will be shipping immediately. We have over 700 back orders so we are going to be BUSY!! My husband is in charge of shipping so I guess I will be taking orders once again. It gives him the one chance to boss me around...lol.. and he loves it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #69  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Scor-Pal

Something exciting is coming October 15th or there abouts.

A new set of projects, our first issue of Scor-Pal Oct/Nov 2007 will be online tonight or tomorrow as soon as my son can put it online. Lots of fun things to make and 5 new instructors!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 12:09 PM   #70  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

indy,
thanks so much !! I guess I will have to call Diana and get on the list for the new one. I just hope it is soon!!. Have you made any of the nugget boxes with the current model? How did that work?

Sorry..but who is Diana? Thanks..MJ

Oh, I just saw Ladydian is Diane...what is her website...LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 12:10 PM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

Diana is ladydian above--she is the designer and vendor for Scor Pal. She's wonderful! How did we ever make decent score lines before????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 12:11 PM   #72  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Diana is DA BOMB!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 12:14 PM   #73  
Polyshrink Goddess

700 preorders!! I have got to get on that list....help...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 12:34 PM   #74  
Glitter Guru

here's the link to Scor-Pal's website: http://scor-pal.com/

hth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 12:57 PM   #75  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks Michelle...I just ordered it.. .MJ
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 01:23 PM   #76  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Diana is ladydian above--she is the designer and vendor for Scor Pal. She's wonderful! How did we ever make decent score lines before????

I didn't! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2007, 07:18 PM   #77  
Matboard Maniac

How do we know if we are getting the new design? The website says they are on backorder and Diana says they have 700 backorders already. Does anyone know if all the backorders and shipments from now on will be the new design?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2007, 10:56 PM   #78  
Embossing Fanatic

I actually just e-mailed Diana at Scor-Pal the other day to ask the same question. She graciously and quickly replied back that YES.....if you order a Scor-Pal now, you will receive the updated version! If you have any questions, you should really check Scor-Pal site.....they have a phone number or you can e-mail Diana......she really does answer her e-mails!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2007, 02:16 AM   #79  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgia268View Post
How do we know if we are getting the new design? The website says they are on backorder and Diana says they have 700 backorders already. Does anyone know if all the backorders and shipments from now on will be the new design?
In answer to your question, she is totally out of the original ones. That is the reason there are so many backordered. We're all awaiting the new ones to arrive. :p If you haven't done so already, I would suggest you place your name on the waitlist. I know that she and her staff will be diligently filling the orders. as soon as that first shipment arrives. I'm sure the first shipment will go quickly. The second shipment I believe she said will be arriving by ship from China the end of October or November. Even though I presently have the original "Scor-Pal," I am anxiously awaiting the new one to arrive. I know that the first quantity is being flown in when it is finally released for shipment. I am so happy that this entrepreneur is so successful with her invention of the Scor-Pal and hope that she introduces more of her inventions in the future.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2007, 02:17 AM   #80  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgia268View Post
In answer to your question, she is totally out of the original ones. That is the reason there are so many backordered. We're all awaiting the new ones to arrive. :p If you haven't done so already, I would suggest you place your name on the waitlist. I know that she and her staff will be diligently filling the orders.as soon as that first shipment arrives. I'm sure the first shipment will go quickly. The second shipment I believe she said will be arriving by ship from China the end of October or November. Even though I presently have the original "Scor-Pal," I am anxiously awaiting the new one to arrive. I know that the first quantity is being flown in when it is finally released for shipment. I am so happy that this entrepreneur is so successful with her invention of the Scor-Pal and hope that she introduces more of her inventions in the future.
Reply With Quote Likes