Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-31-2009, 05:01 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default score pal or score it

Hello girls, I'm a newbie from the uk and love this forum .You all seem so relaxed and fun compared to some of our forums here. My question is which of these boards is best? and do I buy imperial or metric. Im 57 and still into imperial. I have also seen the Martha Stewart board on utube but has yet we dont have them here. Any advice please. Gill x
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 05:50 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Hi and welcome! I'm sorry I can't answer your specific questions about which is best and what board might be available in imperial but I own the scor pal and absolutely love it. I thought I didn't really need a scoring board until I bought it. Now I use it all the time. Good Luck in deciding.

Tamara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 06:52 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

amethyst18.....I own both the Scor-Pal and the mini Score-It. I much prefer the Scor-Pal over the Score-It. It has easier to read markings and a smooth surface. No need to move the paper for most scoring. Also has marking for many popular/common scoring for styles of cards. The tool works with a full 12x12 paper or smaller. It's also very lightweight and thin, so easy to store.

Score-It has a very ruff surface with it's rubber mat which means you have to pick up the paper to move it to another score marking. Also I find the hand tool used with that can be difficult to use and get lined up on the metal bar you score on. The mini is only somewhat useful for small paper. The tool is heavy and therefore more difficult to store since it is a good inch thick.

I've only seen the Score-It with inch markings on it. I know the Scor-Pal has 2 versions, one for US and one for the European measurements.

I feel if you're a card creator, a scoring tool is a must for precise and accurate scoring.

Also the Scor-Pal has a super website for all kinds of projects. There Customer Service is terrific as it's is maned by the people who actually developed the tool.

These are my comments, but you would need to decide for yourself what would work best for you.

I use my Scor-Pal every time I make a card or any project.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 07:17 AM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

Thank you Tamara, and Patti, your in depth comments where very valuable. I had almost made up my mind to buy the score it but its does sound more difficult to use. The scorepal does seem the most popular, Gill
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 08:01 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

amethyst18......You're Very Welcome! In the end, only you can make the final decision. Which ever is easier for you to use, which you can get in your area and the version of measurements you're most comfortable with.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 08:19 AM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
amethyst18......You're Very Welcome! In the end, only you can make the final decision. Which ever is easier for you to use, which you can get in your area and the version of measurements you're most comfortable with.

Patti
Yeah! you right Patti, just call me Mrs indecisive. Gill
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 08:39 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

I have both as well. I prefer the Scor-Pal for boxes or more complicated scores because of the ease of the markings but I get a much deeper, nicer score with my Scor-It so for regular cards or simpler projects I use that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I agree with Patti! Love my Scor-Pal...not so much with the Score-It. Can't seem to score things straight on that.
Good luck with your decision!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 05:23 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Patti gave a very detailed explanation and I agree with her a 100%. I love my Scor Pal. I use it all the time. I owned the Mini Score It first and it does give me a thinner score and the score is very nice but there is way too much thinking I have to do to make sure I get the score in exactly the right spot and not make a mistake. I can't remember the last time I used my Mini.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 05:31 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper for funView Post
Patti gave a very detailed explanation and I agree with her a 100%. I love my Scor Pal. I use it all the time. I owned the Mini Score It first and it does give me a thinner score and the score is very nice but there is way too much thinking I have to do to make sure I get the score in exactly the right spot and not make a mistake. I can't remember the last time I used my Mini.
This is my experience exactly. I love my Scor Pal and use it on nearly every project I do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 05:32 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I absolutely love my Score Pal. I tried the Score It at a convention and I could not get a straight score to save my life. IMO the Score Pal is "almost" fool proof. I have had great luck with it and this is coming from a person that can not even draw stick people. LOL

Do you have a place that you could try them each out? That may be helpful to see, that way you can see/feel what works best for you.

Good luck with you decision.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

Thank you so much for all the information ladies. I'm afraid we are not has lucky over here to be able to try before you buy and you are so fortunate to get vouchers to use in various shops like your Micheals Stores. I think the Scorepal definately seems to be the most popular You all talk about SU's what exactly are those? It sounds something like a tupperware party. Gill.
Reply With Quote Likes