Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scor-Mat

I got the Scor-Mat when I bought my Scor-Pal (which I LOVE!!!). I haven't figured out if it's worth it or not. And for the life of me I can't figure out what on earth all these lines are for on the cutting side!! Help!! What is your opinion, and if you have one, how do you use it?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullHeartView Post
I got the Scor-Mat when I bought my Scor-Pal (which I LOVE!!!). I haven't figured out if it's worth it or not. And for the life of me I can't figure out what on earth all these lines are for on the cutting side!! Help!! What is your opinion, and if you have one, how do you use it?
I just got mine earlier this week. I'm not quite sure either the benefit of the markings.......other than to let you know that that side is the side you use to cut on. I guess you could line up your paper so it's square to the lines and then use the angular lines for cutting angles.:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I use the score lines and my clear centering ruler for layering all the time. Kind of like what SU's Layering Tool would do except I don't have one. I love those lines. I actually used the mat to cut on last night because it was just the right tool for the job I was doing but I hated leaving cut marks in it. I have other self healing mats that are a little rough now, but they just didn't have the markings I needed for that job.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #4  
Glitter Queen

Default Scor-Mat

I have this and LOVE IT. I work on it constantly. The way it helps to 'anchor' a scrapbooking page just seems so helpful to me. Regarding the lines. I especially like these when adding ribbon to a card. I can line up the card and then I have a point of reference with the lines for laying down my sticky red tape before applying the ribbon. Hope that makes sense.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2009, 05:11 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I used mine for the first time last night and it was nice to be able to score then get right back to work with the stamping. I bought it primarily because I have tight quarters and it helps for my small workspace to have it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 03:02 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I LOVE my scor-pal and mat. I use it as my work surface and simply lift the mat, project and all to use the scoring part then slide it right back into position to use as my work surface. I've found I can also use it right on my lap when watching tv and working on card pieces. I use the grid on the mat for just about every card I make. I am also a quilter (although I haven't done one for some time) and a gridded cutting mat, clear ruler and rotary cutter are basic supplies. I've carried this technique over to cardmaking. The ruled lines are perfect for positioning pieces straight and even. As mentioned earlier also for adding ribbon perfectly spaced the first time. The angled lines are great for making mitered corners for frames or triangular pieces to add emphasis to corners or making "quilt" cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for all your input - you are so helpful!! I can better grasp what those lines are for - lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

The lines were designed in this manner so it would be a built in ruler. You can measure in both directions at the same time. Clumsy to pick up a ruler and measure twice. Also if you are having to make measured marks on your cardstock it is very useful. Butt your paper to the left fence and you can mark at the top edge and bottom edge so now if you then draw a straight line it will be "straight. The lines are helpful in lining up layers on your cards.

Diana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Diana - you're a GENIUS! On sooo many levels! Thanks for a great explanation of the mat. Thanks for taking the time to respond!!!
Reply With Quote Likes