Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-18-2006, 06:18 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scallop punches.........I caved!

OK....so I just ordered the Mega and Giga Scalloped Circles and Ovals!! I don't even make cards, but the things you ladies have all been doing with them are just amazing!! They catch my eye every time I look at the gallery. I'm thinking they could easily be used as a page element on a layout. ;)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

Uh-oh, that's bad news for me!! I was an SU only gal til just a couple weeks ago when I placed my first order with Starlitstudio (Cindy Lyles from here on SCS), the ebay store. Ohmygoodness. When I opened that package, it was like Christmas! Everything wrapped with such tender loving care, everything in it's own cute clear baggie. Just unwrapping it all was a thrill! So today, guess what - I was over there again, placing another order. Now have I used ONE INCH of the ribbon I got last time? ONE Prima flower? NO! Did use some Stickles, though, and played with the Chipboard Coasters! So now I've got another order coming in a couple days. Did I mention that the shipping is SO fast?! Almost instant gratification. I don't want to cave with the punches because I show my customers ALL my cards and I'd have a hard time holding back and of course they'd want to know where I got that and I don't want to send them elsewhere for their stuff! <G>
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2006, 09:32 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I ordered mine today too, the giga oval and circle. I can't wait for them to get here. I don't have customers, just friends that order from me. We talk about other items all the time since SU doesn't carry it. Just like the Cuttlebug I just ordered.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2006, 01:30 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Can you tell me where you ordered your scalloped punches? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2006, 04:52 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I just got mine last week! VERY cool. I just have the scalloped ones so I'm wondering how I'll layer, when I want to. I do have the CM cutting system, and some coluzzle templates so I'm hoping those will work.

When I ordered mine they weren't in stock at joanns.com and none of my local stores had them so I went with Scrapbook-Creations.com. It took a while to get them, but that's b/c they've been in and out of stock (so popular) but they did arrive in perfect condition and that's what I cared about.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round" ... Queen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2006, 05:01 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Oh, Soozie4Him, I am right with you! I have refused to spend my money outside of SU for two years, because if I can't demo it, it didn't make sense to me to spend the money on it. My scalloped punches are coming today! and I am almost certain I am getting a Cuttlebug for Christmas!
I have learned to use the slit punch to make scallops, for boarders and one that is a circle using the colluzle. I figure I can demo it this way (it is time consuming), and take the easy way out with my punches for my personal stuff.
BTW, I got my punches at http://www.1stopsquare.com There are no coupons, but you can get FREE shipping with a $48 order. It did take two weeks for me to get my order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2006, 07:07 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

I ordered my scalloped ovals - giga and mega - from www.franticstamper.com! Her shipping was quick and while we waited for her shipment of punches from the manufacturer, she kept me posted the entire time! Awesome place. I won't hesitate to order with her again......Oh - and it was the cheapest place I had seen for the punches!

Good luck.
Member #4235
Check out my blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2006, 07:58 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I got mine at:

www.scrapbookingsuppliesrus.com

This is the first time I've ordered from there. It was free S&H for orders over $59.99. I looked at Joanns.com, but they didn't have all four that I WANTED.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2006, 08:37 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sscrappystamper
I ordered my scalloped ovals - giga and mega - from www.franticstamper.com! Her shipping was quick and while we waited for her shipment of punches from the manufacturer, she kept me posted the entire time! Awesome place. I won't hesitate to order with her again......Oh - and it was the cheapest place I had seen for the punches!

Good luck.
This is who I ordered mine from as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2006, 08:50 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarsam
OK....so I just ordered the Mega and Giga Scalloped Circles and Ovals!! I don't even make cards, but the things you ladies have all been doing with them are just amazing!! They catch my eye every time I look at the gallery. I'm thinking they could easily be used as a page element on a layout. ;)
I have the giga scalloped oval and it does look nice on a scrapbook page. I love it on the baby pages I'm doing of my grandnephew.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2006, 09:47 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

I just got my Giga Circle Scalloped punch yesterday. I too ordered from franticstamper.com. I love dealing with her, she is wonderful. I couldnt believe how HUGE the punch is!!!!! Love it though!
Reply With Quote Likes