Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-29-2005, 07:53 PM   #121  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine showed up today and my son immediately dashed off to put holes in everything he could get his hands on! Unfortunately, I forgot to order the coils until yesterday and they won't be here until May 4! WAAAA I can't wait to get it especially after seeing all of the samples in SCS.

"Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think." Buddha
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 05:13 AM   #122  
Crimping Master

Well, I am just the opposite. My coils (100's of them) arrived yesterday, but no rubi. Want to get together?

Impatiently waiting,

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/michellenstamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 01:48 PM   #123  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I got sucked into the Prismacolor rage, and now I am being sucked into the Rubi rage!!! I just told my DH how much the new toy I wanted was, and his reply was that a new shock for his bike would cost about the same. "But I will be able to make money with mine", was my reply. So I think I will be ordering one soon. Why oh why do I have to have everything?!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 08:35 AM   #124  
Compulsive Stamper

Talking Rubi Rocks!

So I started experimenting with my new Rubicoil last night while watching Desperate Housewives. Played till 1:30 this morning and went to bed when I couldn't see straight anymore. Picked up again at 8a after coffee.

I have just finished making 19 (!) 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 books. Their purpose is determined by the paper inside. Some have 20 sheets of heavy cardstock so they can be used as mini photo albums. Others have 30 sheets of medium cardstock for mini-journals. The rest have nice-quality printer paper for notebooks (to-do lists, etc.).

I managed to use most of my scrap pieces of SU! Designer Paper, laminated with my Xyron for the covers. Used chipboard for the backs.

I am so pleased with how the books turned out. They are so professional looking. And very easy to use. It takes much longer to cut the paper for the insides than to bind!

If you are on the fence at all about getting this, my recommendation is to go for it! You will not be disappointed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 08:54 AM   #125  
Gabfest Goddess

OK Ladies - you're making me think I NEED to get one of these suckers...then it can keep the Xyron 900 and the Longaberger Hat Box company in the bottom of my closet (would give dh a stroke!)

<--Wishing I was cruising (Caribbean Princess, May 2010)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 09:05 AM   #126  
Glitter Guru

I've got a picture of a Rubi on my refrigerator--a not-so-subtle reminder to my dh that my birthday is 109 days away (but who's counting). Of course, he will probably get me something he can use as well, like satellite radio!!!!!

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." ~ Scott Adams
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 11:06 AM   #127  
Glitter Queen

I have my new rubi coil sitting right here and just love it, hands down, over the Rollabind. I bought mine from http://www.film-source.net/default.htm. By registering as a member(no charge, no committments), I received a package deal for $169.00 plus $24.00 in free merchandise, a free crimper AND a free personal CD player which I gave dh. I did have to pay shipping. Just love it. Everything arrived at the same time. I purchased the first two sizes of coils in black and white, gold and silver and teal. I have coils forever. Happy Mother's Day to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 11:15 AM   #128  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Bluesky713 - I actually had to go look up Exodus 31. Surely it doesn't say "all kinds of crafts". And there it was...hmmm, does SCS now count for my Bible study time, too?

On topic, I LOVE my new rubi-coil. Am working on a couple of projects right now. I'll try to get them finished up and loaded. I also recommend www.film-source.net. Great service, speedy delivery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 07:44 PM   #129  
Insane Embellisher

Talking

I just got mine today!!! OOH, the excitement. It really is slick! My kids & I made 2 notebooks for each of them & I can't believe how easy it was. They really enjoyed punching the holes. I think everyone will be getting little notebooks as gifts this year
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 03:24 AM   #130  
Crimping Master

Mine arrived late yesterday. Supposed to be getting ready for a garage sale, but of course I had to play with it a little bit. It is so fun! I immediately gathered up my roll-a-bind stuff and priced it for the garage sale. I made up two set samplers that I had cards sitting around for and a few little notebooks. I too got mine from filmsource.

I thought I was cured of the Rubi-virus by ordering it, but I found out that is only the start...now I want time to play with it too!

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/michellenstamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 09:50 PM   #131  
Matboard Maniac

I too have purchased one. I have been saving for one for awhile. I can't wait to get it.

:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 10:17 PM   #132  
Gabfest Goddess

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margie
I have my new rubi coil sitting right here and just love it, hands down, over the Rollabind. I bought mine from http://www.film-source.net/default.htm. By registering as a member(no charge, no committments), I received a package deal for $169.00 plus $24.00 in free merchandise, a free crimper AND a free personal CD player which I gave dh. I did have to pay shipping. Just love it. Everything arrived at the same time. I purchased the first two sizes of coils in black and white, gold and silver and teal. I have coils forever. Happy Mother's Day to me.
I got this deal too - didn't have to pay shipping though, since I am out of state to them. Got my Rubi yesterday!!!! So excited - trying to clean up my stamp area real quick to play with mine. I ordered the coils in black, white, clear, charcoal, and navy. I want to order so many more too!!!

So - those who have been playing already....where are the pics?!?!?! ;) I love all the ideas I can get my hands on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2005, 08:00 AM   #133  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalcer
Ooh you *need* one, right Catie?

Beate made Cami & I *both* order on the same day! I thought I could just get away with checking hers out first, then ordering.

No such luck.

SO easy, and *so* much better (IMO) than the other ones out there!
You didn't tell me that, Jenn.....WTH?! No wonder I never hear from ya....you're probably out "sick" (sick, spiral.....they both start with S!)....

Quit having so much fun, damp it! ;)

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2005, 06:56 PM   #134  
Rubber Obsessor

Red face

Man - this is soooo going on my wish list. I was just sitting here looking at all my Stampin' Success demo magazines and thinking it would be so cool to bind a year's worth together just like my catalog.

And it would be great to use to make "cheap" logbooks for letterboxing. Most spiral notepads have lines on the page and you don't want that for stamping.

Now, just to figure out where to store it....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2005, 12:26 PM   #135  
Rubber Obsessor

Default question for Rubicoilers

What kind of paper are you using for filler? I mean, if you are making a journal or book with blank pages inside ... what kind of paper are you using for the actual pages?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2005, 12:35 PM   #136  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Donna, I've been using 67 lb paper/cardstock. It's thicker than regular paper, but not quite as thick as the 80 or 110 lb cardstock.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 11:06 AM   #137  
Rubber Obsessor

Default another Rubi victim ...

succumbs to the temptation. Thanks, guys! And right before the new catalog comes out ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 11:35 AM   #138  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Strange Things Happen Late At Night!!!

OK, I'm on a "mini" vacation with just the kids. Had some quiet time (finally) late, late, late last night. What did I do??? Of course, logged on to SCS and started looking at samples... (big mistake). Came across this really cool mini notebook; looked at the "accessories" section of the recipe only to find something called a "rubi babe" as the person described it. I'm sorry, i can't recall who "coined" that phrase, but it was a really cute recipe booklet. Did a search on "rubi," (another big mistake). Found a few more really nice items and a thread describing all these wonderful projects that people were making (big mistake #3). Started reading all the thread information (#4). Did a Google on RubiCoil (you guessed it... big mistake #5). Read just enough to keep me awake (or maybe I fell asleep) and then PRESTO. Before I knew it, FilmSource Inc. had an instant payment through Paypal and I received a confirmation that they had received my payment. POOF!!! Magic!!! I have a RubiCoil that's going to be delivered hopefully by the end of the week!!! I don't know how it happened. ;) I got teal, red, clear, black, & brown coils. Has this happened to anyone else??? Anyone interested in doing a RubiCoil book swap at convention???

I know that I'll be thanking everyone for singing the praises of the "rubi." I'm not so sure my dh will see it the same way! I could always make him a ledger to keep track of all the expenses!!

Chris
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 12:46 PM   #139  
Stampin' Fool

I got this off the coil connection web site:
This machine will not punch matboard, but you can punch a template with the RubiCoil, then use the template as a guide for drilling individual holes with the Japanese Book Drill to make matboard covers.
---

What would you use for covers on your books then if you can't use mat board?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 12:56 PM   #140  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmayk
I got this off the coil connection web site:
This machine will not punch matboard, but you can punch a template with the RubiCoil, then use the template as a guide for drilling individual holes with the Japanese Book Drill to make matboard covers.
---

What would you use for covers on your books then if you can't use mat board?
I have used matboard and it punches right through it! I just get the matboard from AC MOORE or Michaels and it goes through that just fine.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 01:30 PM   #141  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by custampin
Magic!!! I have a RubiCoil that's going to be delivered hopefully by the end of the week!!! I don't know how it happened. ;) I got teal, red, clear, black, & brown coils. Has this happened to anyone else??? Anyone interested in doing a RubiCoil book swap at convention??? Chris
HA HA HA I did almost the SAME thing. I was up late one night and I was searching. I had seen some of those adorable items before but didn't have the time to "get into them". So, this one night during my Rubi search... my DH was sleeping on the chair... I tried to wake him and ask if I could spend money. LOL He said no, So the next morning he woke me up before leaving for work... the first thing I said (after g'morning of course) was "can I spend $$". LOL I told him how much and what it was for... well 7 days later it was delivered! I haven't had a chance to play with mine yet. Hopefully today!!

As for swaps for convention... I dunno. I haven't even started regular swaps yet. That would be WAY fun though.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 05:28 PM   #142  
Polyshrink Goddess

Red face

boy, futile is right. This looks like a great system and i can't wait to get mine to play like all of you lucky ladies!!!! (or gents :o)

I am glad to see others posting " if my husband only knew how much I spent " I was also one who had to get the prismacolor pencils, and i recently got the sizzix and the quickutz (which i love them both)!!!!! Now the rubi..gotta love her!

Karrie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2005, 07:17 AM   #143  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Almost as Good as the New Catty!!!

OK, I'm not getting my new catty early, but I am getting "Rubi" TODAY!!! The tracking report says "Out for Delivery." Ahhh, the three most beautiful words in the world!!! Boy, timing is everything. At least I have something to take my mind off of the anticipation of receiving the new catty

Now, all I need to do is get a babysitter for the kids, tell my weekend company that I have an unexpected trip planned, cancel my son's birthday party, and send my husband on a golf weekend. All to spend some quality time with my new best friend, Rubi. ;)

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2005, 09:37 AM   #144  
Cardstock Collector

Lightbulb

Does anyone know if we us pro-click paper punch, will the coil's used with the rubi work as well? I just saw it listed it viking's website and the holes look just about the same after being punched.

Thanks
Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2005, 10:47 AM   #145  
Insane Embellisher

the first time i saw something posted using the rubi, i thought wow i would love to have one of those. But now after reading this thread .... i have to have one of these!!! I am saving to purchase it soon!!! i can't wait!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 08:34 AM   #146  
Pearl-ExPert

I ordered myself a Rubi today after seeing Beate's super cool book at the SCS convention gathering! Now all I have to do is wait for it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 08:59 AM   #147  
Pearl-ExPert

Hmmm...I am quite intrigued!

I came across this site which has some (rollabind) templates. I'm guessing these can be used with any coil binding system.
heartprints.net

=)

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2005, 01:20 PM   #148  
Kookie Creator

Default DH is ordering mine!

My DH is making up for being a late shopper for my b-day and getting me a rubicoil. (My b-day is tomorrow) I just cant decide what colors to get. Any suggestions for or against? I see that all of the coils on film-source are 12" long but the smallest PC14-12 does not specify the length. Is it also 12".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 08:00 PM   #149  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile OH NO! I'm hooked too~

I am going to have to get one of these. I just have to save for a while to get the largest first SU order at 30% off that I can manage and then I am going to have to buy one of these!! I've wanted one for a while! Has anyone tried on eBay? They have one at discountofficeitems for $149 and no shipping~ SOunds good to me! I get mail in the US every three weeks when my mom goes down there to pick stuff up taht was sent to a depot so we can then bring it over to Canada!
Www.Boxofchocolatescrafts.Com
YouNeverKnowWhatI’mGoingtoMake

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2006, 02:18 PM   #150  
Mad Swapper

Send a message via Skype™ to diane860
Default Thanks for all...

the great info on this tool....I have been considering it for a while...Thanks to all...
SCS Member #21118
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2006, 08:45 PM   #151  
Crimping Master

Default Is your RubiCoil collecting dust?

In 2005, the Rubi was all the rage. Are you still using it? With all of the hoopla last year, I had no interest in buying one. Now all of a sudden, it's looking pretty cool.

Was it a short-lived trend, or are you still finding lots of fun things to do with it?

If anyone is using theirs as a paperweight, PM me. Otherwise, I'll check out the websites listed in this thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2006, 05:44 AM   #152  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof2
In 2005, the Rubi was all the rage. Are you still using it? With all of the hoopla last year, I had no interest in buying one. Now all of a sudden, it's looking pretty cool.

Was it a short-lived trend, or are you still finding lots of fun things to do with it?

If anyone is using theirs as a paperweight, PM me. Otherwise, I'll check out the websites listed in this thread.
I am using mine MORE now than when I first got it. Couldn't really give you the reason except I've always had this theory that EVERYBODY loves getting stuff with their name on it.

I bought some K&Co Letters To Go about 2 months ago and have been using the letters to crank out lots of notepads - the latest batch used "Wild About You" and while they're nothing special, they're quick, easy, personalized and people really love receiving them. (Here's a LINK)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2006, 06:36 AM   #153  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellybee
I am using mine MORE now than when I first got it. Couldn't really give you the reason except I've always had this theory that EVERYBODY loves getting stuff with their name on it.

I bought some K&Co Letters To Go about 2 months ago and have been using the letters to crank out lots of notepads - the latest batch used "Wild About You" and while they're nothing special, they're quick, easy, personalized and people really love receiving them. (Here's a LINK)
Kelly Bee - That is sooooo cute!!! And I'm getting Wild About You with Consistency Counts this month. Guess I'll be getting a Rubi too. If anyone is done using it/tired of it collecting dust/etc. let me know and I'll take it off your hands and give it a good home. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes