Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Raise your hands ifyou're buying this bad boy.....

Introducing The Epic!

ep-ic: /e-pik/ majestic, impressively great, heroic, of unusually great size or extent, surpassing the ordinary, impressive in quality.

The Epic is the newest tabletop die-cutting system from QuicKutz. It surpasses the size and scope of every die-cutting tool QuicKutz has released before, and beats all competing tools in both quality and performance. The Epic comes with everything you need to cut and emboss all QuicKutz products as well as all other leading brand dies, making it the most versatile and truly epic die-cutting tool yet.

Key features of the Epic:

Cuts and embosses
Six-inch wide opening
Compatible with all QuicKutz and other leading brand dies
Ideal for scrapbooking, card making, home d�cor and other craft projects.
Warranty�Lifetime service commitment
High quality metal parts
Light weight and portable
$89.99 SRP

Preorder your Epic tool before June 30th and receive an instant rebate of $20. You can also participate in a mail-in rebate valued at over $20. Talk to your favorite QK retailer today to find out how you can make the most of this amazing offer!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow do you know the dimensions of the plates it will accept?

I would love to be able to try this out. I am so tired of my bug's too tiny size.

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2009, 01:55 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm waiting for the 12" model, which is in the works but has no release date. I already have a Big Kick and a Cuttlebug, so another ~6" machine is, well, another 6" machine.

But when the 12" model comes along, I'll be very interested!

BTW, Scrapy Land (that's not misspelled) has the 6" Epic for a great price -- and free US shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2009, 01:56 PM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Scrapy Land QK Epic info: http://www.scrapyland.com/Revolution...p/epic-six.htm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_HView Post
Wow do you know the dimensions of the plates it will accept?

I would love to be able to try this out. I am so tired of my bug's too tiny size.
I just saw what I posted, so I'm not sure about what it all can do or use. Sorry I'm not much help. I'm thinking of giving my Sis my cuttlebug and getting this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Anyone know if it will work with the Sizzix originals or Bigz dies?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2009, 02:16 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

It looks like it will hold all dies - it says compatible with "all leading brand dies."

I'm holding out for the 12" one. I'm really happy with my Big Kick, until someone comes out with 12" dies and machine I'm sticking with that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #8  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierMamaView Post
It looks like it will hold all dies - it says compatible with "all leading brand dies."

I'm holding out for the 12" one. I'm really happy with my Big Kick, until someone comes out with 12" dies and machine I'm sticking with that.
From what I hear the 12" model can be used manually or electronically ;) I love having that option!!

There are machines that have 12" dies now- the Accucut- I have the Mark IV and the Grandmark and absolutely LOVE them- (and now you know my addiction.........)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

I dont know why, but it kind of irks me when another company jumps on the bandwagon of something that has been done by another company for months. (IE: the ability to use other companies dies in one machine) It gives me the Copycat eebie jeebies or something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

It is rather annoying that they all have to have their own, or create dies that are uncompatible with other systems. Why don't they all just get together and make their stuff compatible. LOL I actually need a larger die cutter, but I'm just not sure.

Inkspots101 my crafting blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by michellesscrapView Post
I dont know why, but it kind of irks me when another company jumps on the bandwagon of something that has been done by another company for months. (IE: the ability to use other companies dies in one machine) It gives me the Copycat eebie jeebies or something.
All companies do it. It's part of the nature of staying in business. You have to create things that the market demands. Quickutz started in 2002. I'm not sure when the first Sizzix came out but all companies have their niche items but still need their products to work with other products. I have the original Quickutz hand tool but have never invested in the Sizzix, Big Shot, or Cuttlebug so this new machine really appeals to me. Plus, I like the pricepoint.

How many times have you seen a rubber stamp that someone has done a similiar image or sentiment of? Happens all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 07:48 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

You do know that Spellbinders (Wizard) was the very first company to make their machine universal for all dies out there to work with their machine. That is why I bought my Wizard in the first place. It's my first Die cutting machine that I bought when they came out.
Then after Spellbinders had their Wizard on the market for a while, I noticed how other machines said "oh ours is now universal too"... Talk about copy cats... lol
Robin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 08:14 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovellView Post
All companies do it. It's part of the nature of staying in business. You have to create things that the market demands. Quickutz started in 2002. I'm not sure when the first Sizzix came out but all companies have their niche items but still need their products to work with other products. I have the original Quickutz hand tool but have never invested in the Sizzix, Big Shot, or Cuttlebug so this new machine really appeals to me. Plus, I like the pricepoint.

How many times have you seen a rubber stamp that someone has done a similiar image or sentiment of? Happens all the time.

Yes I agree a lot of companies do it. They wait for someone else to think of something that becomes popular and then they jump on the bandwagon and make one like it. Personally it just turns me off and I try my best not to buy anything that falls into the copycat category.
Yes, Spellbinders was the first to advertise the fact, and I have to pat them on the back because right off the bat they told you how you could use their dies in other machines, and how you could use their machines with others dies. So while I still have my old red sizzix , when I need to replace it I will most likely buy a wizard for just that reason. At least they were willing to share the facts with me that would save me some money. Those are the types of things that just set a business apart from everyone else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Also from a business perspective some stores have had exclusivity agreements - so say a store only sell a certain brand of dies they need to promo those dies with machines from that company as well.

On this I never understood why QK made the Revolution so big and clunky, to me this is redo of that idea.

Now I don't scrapbook yet but a 12inch has me curious... I have had on more than one occasion to stop and cut cardstock/paper down and this would take care of that problem and hopefully there would be less overall waste - though I don't have the space for something that big at the moment because if it takes 12inches then you are going to need that much space front and back to use it for the feed through I presume.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

I too am waiting for the 12 inch model. I love quickutz products becuase the designs are sooooo cute. You must say that quickutz is doing something that no else has yet by putting out a 12" machine made for home use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says-oh crap, she's up

I am perfectly happy with my bug. I would need an exceptionally good reason to buy this. I personally don't see any use for another one of these machines...:rolleyes:

are you a bereaved parent too? http://www.thecompassionatefriends.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 10:22 AM   #17  
Crimping Master

Verrryy Interressttinngg!! This looks like a keeper to me. It comes with 13' plates, you don't have to order them separately like you have to do with the BS/BK. That is a savings right off the bat. I have always said that when my 'bug' gives up the ghost I would get a Big Shot, now I don't know. Thanks for the info.

Pamela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #18  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've been wanting a Big Shot too, but now I'm waiting to see how people like this new one. It's cute and it looks as if it has a smaller footprint too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMegView Post
I'm waiting for the 12" model, which is in the works but has no release date. I already have a Big Kick and a Cuttlebug, so another ~6" machine is, well, another 6" machine.

But when the 12" model comes along, I'll be very interested!

BTW, Scrapy Land (that's not misspelled) has the 6" Epic for a great price -- and free US shipping.
A 12" model? Oh man. Yes I think I just might really NEED that. Anyplace I can get in line early? LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

I am a huge Quickutz supporter. Not only are their products great quality, they have the BEST customer service. I have had the black hand tool for many years and use it all the time. I bought the Revolution several years ago and love it. I use it with the Nestabilities and really like the magnet platform. I would be very interested in checking out the Epic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Assumptions cannot always be made about who copied who. As consumers, we have no idea how long a product has been in research and development. Sometimes it's a case of who got something out to market first. Choice is always a good thing. It shouldn't be something consumers get upset about. We have generic drugs that are copycats of name brand pharmaceuticals, if you go to the grocery store you can find a zillion brands of baked beans. Does it really matter if Bush's baked beans copied someone else's idea of producing baked beans? You can find copycatting everywhere if you really think about it. While the new Quickutz product will be able to use dies universally, it's really only that feature that is being repeated. The design of the Quickutz product itself is not a duplicate of anything except their own Revolution.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2009, 03:09 AM   #22  
Mad Swapper

You're missing a lot of good stuff if you are worried about copying! It's a form of competition that appears in every single industry. Patents protect manufacturers who are truly innovative. And using dies universally isn't such a unique crazy idea, it's not unlikely that they haven't all had the desire to incorporate that option into future machines at some point. They just all developed it at different times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2009, 03:11 AM   #23  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by vensung1View Post
From what I hear the 12" model can be used manually or electronically ;) I love having that option!!

There are machines that have 12" dies now- the Accucut- I have the Mark IV and the Grandmark and absolutely LOVE them- (and now you know my addiction.........)
Hey its my obsession too! lol. Except I don't have one, I just drool over the catalog. I really want a Grandemark. I love the Accucut dies!! Especially the new stationery ones with registration pins. And the quilt dies...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2009, 06:06 AM   #24  
Stampin' Fool

What would you be cutting with a 12 inch model? Fancy scrapbook papes? Are there 12 inch dies?

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2009, 06:49 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

I know the Accucut has 12" dies for things like chipboard books, boxes, borders, etc. The problem for me is storing all those dies. That's particularly why I like the Quickutz product. They are wafer thin and don't take up as much space. However, you are limited in size because of that. Thankfully, I have a scrapbook store nearby with a HUGE Accucut die inventory so I can hop on over there if I need anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #26  
Mad Swapper

I really like the looks of this one too! I would love to see it come out in 12x12 format and be under $100. I want to use the Bigz dies so bad, but don't want to pay the Big Shot price. Just for the record, I don't care who copies whom. I like all products and just because I own one doesn't mean I won't buy another. They all do something a little different, and I love that! I guess that's why I own the original Sizzix, Sidekick, Cuttlebug, Quickutz, and the Cricut.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #27  
Embossing Fanatic

As with most other toys (I mean tools) I must consider it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #28  
Kookie Creator

Ha! Completely unrelated, but it totally looks like a George Foreman grill to me! LOL!

Angela a.k.a. PuppyDogGrins
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2009, 06:11 PM   #29  
Inking Addict

I am very satisfied and happy with my cuttlebug
I won't be getting one until the 12" comes out. I am a scrapbooker so that is all that will appeal to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2009, 03:15 PM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by puppydoggrinsView Post
Ha! Completely unrelated, but it totally looks like a George Foreman grill to me! LOL!
LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailynnsmomView Post
I really like the looks of this one too! I would love to see it come out in 12x12 format and be under $100. I want to use the Bigz dies so bad, but don't want to pay the Big Shot price. Just for the record, I don't care who copies whom. I like all products and just because I own one doesn't mean I won't buy another. They all do something a little different, and I love that! I guess that's why I own the original Sizzix, Sidekick, Cuttlebug, Quickutz, and the Cricut.
You can get a Big Kick - which functions the same as a Big Shot but looks a bit differently - for $50 at Joann when you use a 50% off coupon. That's how I bought mine and I love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 02:04 AM   #32  
Matboard Maniac

does it take the 12v in border dies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 05:29 AM   #33  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by puppydoggrinsView Post
It sure does! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 06:17 AM   #34  
Matboard Maniac

thanks i have the revolution tool and love it buts its wearing so i would get this if i can use it for 12in border dies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 09:59 AM   #35  
Hardware Hotshot

Where are you guys reading about a 12" electronic one? I can't believe I'm even thinking about this...I won't buy the small one, but a 12" one I would consider.
Where can I read about the 12" one?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 05:46 AM   #36  
Hardware Hotshot

I feel most confident with my wizard, which seems to be the only one with a metal
handle, also. I cracked my cuttlebug handle with just adding an additonal piece
of cardboard.
This machine above, also has a plastic handle, enough with the plastic equipment for cutting dies, that's my proirity for now. The rolling rod looks like the wizard and is probably metal,
but everything else is plastic which can crack. IMO

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 06:25 AM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampencamperView Post
I feel most confident with my wizard, which seems to be the only one with a metal
handle, also. I cracked my cuttlebug handle with just adding an additonal piece
of cardboard.
This machine above, also has a plastic handle, enough with the plastic equipment for cutting dies, that's my proirity for now. The rolling rod looks like the wizard and is probably metal,
but everything else is plastic which can crack. IMO
Ooh, you're right about that. I'd pay more for something I felt more confident wouldn't crack.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 07:11 AM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

As far as copying goes, I think that if I was a manufacturer and someone made a die-cutter that took *my* brand of dies, it would be totally ethical for me (and almost *expected* of me) to come up with a machine that accepted theirs. :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see what kind of dies they'll come up with for a 12" machine: *real* sized boxes and envelopes for starters!!!

My pitifully neglected gallery

StampingReckLesley (my pitifully neglected blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

quickkutz have standards like no other their products are exceptional
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

I heard the rumor is that they will delay the 12" model cuz they want people to buy the 6" and not wait for the 12". I have no idea when either is scheduled to be released, though.
Reply With Quote Likes