Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Zip-Dry

I have had bad luck using craft liquid glues because they buckled the paper when they dried.
I bought some Zip-Dry because it says it will not wrinkle paper

Has anyone had problems with things attached with Zip Dry falling off the cards??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

No problem with stuff falling off, but I really did not like using the Zip Dry. It seemed to clog easily, and then a big blob would come out. Someone here recommended it highly, and it was one of those "I have to dash to Michaels to get it right this minute things." I was disappointed with it.

My hands down favorite liquid glue is Tombow Mono-Multi in the green and white bottle. I ordered a box of 10 bottles on line because I didn't want to run out of it. Also, the bottle is small and easy to hold and control.

You need to be somewhat sparing with the Mono Multi. I use a small line of dots around the edge of whatever I'm gluing, and a few dots in the middle. It really holds and does not wrinkle when used this way.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama

Last edited by buggainok; 07-09-2011 at 06:35 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
No problem with stuff falling off, but I really did not like using the Zip Dry. It seemed to clog easily, and then a big blob would come out. Someone here recommended it highly, and it was one of those "I have to dash to Michael's to get it right this minute things." I was disappointed with it.

My hands down favorite liquid glue is Tombow Mono-Multi in the green and white bottle. I ordered a box of 10 bottles on line because I didn't want to run out of it. Also, the bottle is small and easy to hold and control.

You need to be somewhat sparing with the Mono Multi. I use a small line of dots around the edge of whatever I'm gluing, and a few dots in the middle. It really holds and does not wrinkle when used this way.
I had a problem with Tombow Mono-Multi in that it buckled the paper after it dried. Perhaps I used too much glue.
You must make a lot more cards than I do. I could not use 10 bottles of glue in 2 lifetimes :LOL:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

I like zip-dry, no problems with it.

I have had problems with tombo adhesive. Later stuff falls off, I dont know why I continue to use it.:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't use the Zip Dry very often, but I haven't had any problems with it wrinkling the paper. I use it very sparingly - just a few drops here and there or a just a strand of glue around the border. I store my bottle upside down, so I haven't had it clog, but I do have to watch that too much doesn't come out when I use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2011, 07:57 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Love Zip Dry - it works so well for gluing down textured pieces that have been run thru embossing folders - sometimes my ATG kind of pushes the embossing back out.

I've never had problems with the Zip Dry letting loose; I never used it for ribbon, because of bleed-thru. And I rarely used it for things like rhinestones or dewdrops - for those I use Mono Metal (if they aren't already self-adhesive).

And I know it's sick and warped, but I like it when the tip clogs because it usually makese such a satisfying snap when I use a pin to clear it out and the glue releases. I do swap out the squirty tip for the solid cap at the end of the day; I also really enjoy cleaning out that squirty tip after the glue has dried in it, before the next time I use the glue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 85 Likes on 44 Posts

The best thing to do with liquid glue is to use it VERY sparingly, and to burnish the areas. My favorite liquid glue for paper is Perfect Paper Adhesive. You can find it at Mike's with a gloss or a matte finish. Another favorite is Crafter's Glue The Ultimate - Crafter's Glue comes in several formulations, so make sure "The Ultimate" is the one you get. This stull will hold anything, chipboard, buttons, metal, you name it! I use this one mostly for adhering embellishments.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2011, 07:14 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanD42View Post
I like zip-dry, no problems with it.

I have had problems with tombo adhesive. Later stuff falls off, I dont know why I continue to use it.:(
You must be using the Tombo tape runner NOT the Tombo Mono Multi liquid glue. NOTHNG will fall off when you use that glue. I too stopped using the Tombo tape a long time ago. After awhile things would simply fall off.
Reply With Quote Likes