Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-20-2010, 06:32 AM   #81  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i havent tried chipboard in it yet, but,
if it is thin flat chipboard , i dont see why it wouldnt work.

i did email thier CS and asked about laminating pages with embellies on them, like brads, flowers etc etc and they dont reccomend it, as it may be too lumpy for the rollers and you wouldnt get a good seal.

i have also noticed that black card stock soemtimes turns greyish after laminating, i guess the heat does it......kinda weird actually!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #82  
Die Cut Diva

Subbing, I just received the your story today. I may get to play tomorrow....excited to try it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2010, 08:28 PM   #83  
Cardstock Collector

DO NOT BUY YOURSTORY OR ANY OTHER PROVOCRAP PRODUCTS

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammsmom1View Post
I had also seen this at WM, I do not need one as I have the bind-it-all, but I was very curious about this and what it does.
I bought a yourstory by provocraft and not only did it only work for six months but they also fraudulently overcharged my credit card $30. Their warranty is useless as you have to pay shipping both ways to send it in for repairs and their customer service is evasive and deceitful, stay clear of these rip offs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #84  
Glitter Guru

I'm researching the YourStory machine. From previous posts in this thread, it looks like some of you got awesome deals! Are any retailers still offering $25-$30 machines? The best I've seen so far was $60 on eBay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #85  
Cardstock Collector

Default provocraft

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanineHempyView Post
I'm researching the YourStory machine. From previous posts in this thread, it looks like some of you got awesome deals! Are any retailers still offering $25-$30 machines? The best I've seen so far was $60 on eBay.
Even at $60 DON'T BUY IT! MIne only lasted 6 months and the warranty is useless because it is $50 to return it and from my friend's experience they are really slow at honoring their guarantee if they honor it at all. These people ripped me off for $30 in unauthorized credit card charges. OK if you still want to buy it wait for it to be at Walmart or any other place that you dont have to give these rip off artists (Your Story and Provocraft) your credit card number (they will rip you off)

Finally, it really is a piece of crap and you would be better off without it, cheers, Dale
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #86  
Cardstock Collector

Default provocraft is a rip off!

[QUOTE=dalefloyd;16948422]Even at $60 DON'T BUY IT! MIne only lasted 6 months and the warranty is useless because it is $50 to return it and from my friend's experience they are really slow at honoring their guarantee if they honor it at all. These people ripped me off for $30 in unauthorized credit card charges. OK if you still want to buy it wait for it to be at Walmart or any other place that you dont have to give these rip off artists (Your Story and Provocraft) your credit card number (they will rip you off) Not only that but their customer service is evasive and deceitfull and would not address any of my problems and the kicker is they ripped me off for a product that does not live up to their claims.

Finally, it really is a piece of crap and you would be better off without it, cheers, Dale
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #87  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalefloydView Post
Even at $60 DON'T BUY IT! MIne only lasted 6 months and the warranty is useless because it is $50 to return it and from my friend's experience they are really slow at honoring their guarantee if they honor it at all. These people ripped me off for $30 in unauthorized credit card charges. OK if you still want to buy it wait for it to be at Walmart or any other place that you dont have to give these rip off artists (Your Story and Provocraft) your credit card number (they will rip you off)

Okay. I get it. You have 3 posts on SCS and they are all negative comments about this machine and the company who makes it. It's clear that you have a strong opinion, but it's equally clear that other people really like their machines.

You didn't say how many books you bound or how many pages you laminated during that 6 months. You didn't say if you used it according to the manufacturer's instructions. You didn't exactly how it failed you. You didn't say what happened next, whether you bought another YourStory or found another thermal binder or just gave up. These are the details that would make your comments more valuable.

I don't mean to offend, Dale, but I'm going to disregard your comments and I wanted you to know why. I'm not going to think that YourStory and Provocraft suck just because someone I don't know said they do on the internet. But If I knew exactly what your machine or Provocraft's customer service did, and I found other descriptions of the same type of thing that were written by other people, then I might think differently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #88  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanineHempyView Post
Okay. I get it. You have 3 posts on SCS and they are all negative comments about this machine and the company who makes it. It's clear that you have a strong opinion, but it's equally clear that other people really like their machines.

You didn't say how many books you bound or how many pages you laminated during that 6 months. You didn't say if you used it according to the manufacturer's instructions. You didn't exactly how it failed you. You didn't say what happened next, whether you bought another YourStory or found another thermal binder or just gave up. These are the details that would make your comments more valuable.

I don't mean to offend, Dale, but I'm going to disregard your comments and I wanted you to know why. I'm not going to think that YourStory and Provocraft suck just because someone I don't know said they do on the internet. But If I knew exactly what your machine or Provocraft's customer service did, and I found other descriptions of the same type of thing that were written by other people, then I might think differently.
I agree.

I've been impressed with my YourStory, it has held up very well, and when I had a small issue, ProvoCraft helped me with it.

I'd highly recommend it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #89  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with JanineHempy and cardsbynikki. I love my YourStory!

I am a life artist and love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #90  
Mad Swapper

I should be getting mine tomorrow. My only problem is that I'm in Canada and M's is out of stock on the laminating pouches and only carries 4x6 covers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #91  
Polyshrink Goddess

I saw that the new smaller "My Story" was just coming out. I even watched HSN (I never watch shopping shows) on Wed when they were premiering it. It was advertised at $29.99 with 28 folders. Thought about getting it. My local scrap shop had their semi annual "yard sale" today and someone was selling a brand new never opened YS for $20. I saw one at Michael's the day before for $99.99. I was first in line when the doors opened so I could get it. Thanks for all the previous posts and where to get cheaper refills and how to make my own covers. Can't wait to try it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2010, 10:26 AM   #92  
Cardstock Collector

Default Is this a clearance or what

I ordered one at the CreativeExpress web site. They have a bundle for $29.99. Yes that's right ladies. I got it the other day and opened it today. Not only do you get the laminator and binder but sheets, folders and a cutter with three different blade.A perforated blade a wavy one and two straight ones. That's four blades. The blades on this cutter are encasted in plastic so even little fingers can't cut themselves. I don't know how many they have, but I looked on the site right before I posted this and they are still listed.;)

Last edited by [email protected]; 11-14-2010 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: misspelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #93  
Cardstock Collector

Default Even Better Deal

$24.95 at Cricut Machine dot com and I received it within 4 days. I have seen bad reviews regarding this website but if you use paypal (don't use same password for this website as you use on paypal just to be safe) or a visa gift card with only the amount of funds on the card necessary then you shouldn't have troubles with them. They can be slow on shipping as I did place one order that took about 12 days to receive but their deals are the best I have seen if you are willing to be careful with how you pay and patient with their shipping schedule.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #94  
Cardstock Collector

I just purdchased the blue machine from Cricut.Com. It came with enough supplies to make 5 books and a number of laminating pages (maybe 25-30). It also came with the best cutter I have ever used - the smoothest cuts and 4 different blades. The cost right now is $24.99 (or abouts). I immediately told my daughter-in-law to buy one also and we usually share everything. I would pay $20 for the cutter alone. Of course, I haven't tried the machine yet but it looks very simple for both binding and laminating. The problem might be finding the supplies but after the current covers are gone and all I use it for is laminating it will be well worth it. The original cost was close to $200.00.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #95  
Cardstock Collector

My Your Story binds fine but the laminating sheets get stuck in the roller and it is frutrating because I have ruined two projects. Provocraft customer service has been excellent and they are sending me a new machine and told me to toss the malfunctioning one which I will do. I hope the new machine performs better than the one I now Have. i also have the Your Story Photo and love it.Can anyone suggest what cardstock is best for making my own little books. Some of thr heavy cardstock does not fold well when scored.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #96  
Rubber Obsessor

I have had my your story and used it 3 times, all with the provided pouches and normal size papers/card stock, probably nor more than 6 pouches laminated. The next time I plugged it in, all of the lights came on, but it never heated up so that I could laminate. I read somewhere that it was a fuse issue, but cannot find the site where I read it again.

Provo craft is no help and it isn't under warranty anymore. Since it is trash now anyway, my husband opened it up to see if the fuse could be replaced. The fuse is a very small piece that has to be soldered onto a small circuit board. Not easily fixed for everyone, nor easily found part.

Hopefully he can fix it and then it will not blow the fuse again, or I will have just purchased a piece of junk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #97  
Cardstock Collector

I bought mine from cartridges and more with a cutter for $25. Haven't used mine yet though si can't comment. Maybe you need to warm up the laminator before you use it so it sticks with the heat. I hav a stand alone laminator and do need to pre-heat it before using.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #98  
Cardstock Collector

I bought mine from cartridges and more with a cutter for $25. Haven't used mine yet though so can't comment. Maybe you need to warm up the laminator before you use it so it sticks with the heat. I have a stand alone laminator and do need to pre-heat it before using.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #99  
Polyshrink Goddess

I posted about getting my YS (post #94) back in November of 2010. I never used it until about 3 weeks ago. I plugged it in. Could hear the motor for the laminator running. Pushed the power button. Nothing. No lights, nothing. Unplugged it. Plugged it in again. Nothing. Yes I did get it at a yard sale, but the box was never opened. When I did open the box, it was still in the plastic bags with the original tape on the machine and cord. I'm glad I only paid $20 for the machine. I know there was no warranty or anything. So I pulled the bottom off to see if there was a loose wire. Or to see if the buttons weren't contacting the switches. Even when I pressed the buttons on the circuit board, nothing. This adds to my belief that products with warranties have parts built in to fail at the warranty period's expiration. I found a laminator at Sam's Club for $95. I plan on buying it soon.
Reply With Quote Likes