Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with thin black ez mount?

Has anyone else had their stamps lose the cling that used the thin black ez mount from Sunday International? (Mine on the thicker gray ez mount are fine still.) I mounted literally hundreds if not easily thousands of stamps on the thin black ez mount and they are no longer clinging to the storage pages also from Sunday International. Makes me sick how much time and money I wasted. I've tried washing them and it does no good. They aren't dirty. They fall off the storage sheets and don't cling to acrylic blocks anymore. They have never been stored on acetate - only on the storage panels. :(

Last edited by NikiE; 07-10-2013 at 10:59 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had this problem with the thin ez mount that I purchased somewhere else as well. They have never clung well to the storage pages, even when newly mounted. I stopped using the thin because of that.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

I did try the rubbing alcohol trick, too, and nothing brought the cling back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Yeah, it makes me sick how much time and money I wasted. I don't know why they even offer the black when it doesn't last. Wish I had never bought it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikiEView Post
Yeah, it makes me sick how much time and money I wasted. I don't know why they even offer the black when it doesn't last. Wish I had never bought it.
Here is something you might try; I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a shot.

Go to a fabric store (my Walmart has it) and buy like 1/8 yard of that clear plastic, cut it to size for your blocks and see if the stamps will stick that way. My Stampin Up stamps were not sticking to the blocks either, and this solved the problem. The stamps will stick to the plastic. My grandmother had plastic slipcovers on her couch (ugh) and I always stuck to it when I tried to get up LOL
so it works for humans too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2013, 05:13 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Niki - I have some that I mounted on the thin that also lost their cling; I took them down to bare rubber and switched to the thicker EZ Mount (these were some SU! sets that I left with their regular foam and added the black EZ Mount). Luckily, I had only used it on one or two sets (I really didn't like how thick it made them), but it did chap my hide.

I have several stamp sets from CC Designs, though, that came mounted on the thin black EZ Mount, and those are just fine. It doesn't make any sense- they are all stored the same way, on the same laminated sheets, in the same place. So why is some of it still ok and some of it trash?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2013, 03:22 AM   #7  
Inking Addict

Have you contacted them and asked about it? They may have a solution or replace it, I don't know. I've never used it. I like their regular EZMount and have always found that to work really well. I had a problem once, not with clinging, and they were very helpful when I contacted them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2013, 03:29 AM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't know if SI still has the information on their website but when I bought mine it said that the thin/black use was for applying to existing foam that was not cling mount. You were just to pull the stamp and existing foam off the wood block and apply the black to the foam. The site also warned that the black foam did not last as long as regular EZ mount.

If the warning/instructions are no longer on the site it should be. So sorry this happened to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2013, 05:23 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
I don't know if SI still has the information on their website but when I bought mine it said that the thin/black use was for applying to existing foam that was not cling mount. You were just to pull the stamp and existing foam off the wood block and apply the black to the foam. The site also warned that the black foam did not last as long as regular EZ mount.

If the warning/instructions are no longer on the site it should be. So sorry this happened to you.
Here's the thing - the ones I had that lost their cling were the ones applied to existing foam. The stamps I have that have only the black EZ Mount - the CC Designs stamps that come that way, and some smaller stamps that I used only the black on because they work better with less cushion - are the ones that kept their cling.

I didn't bother contacting anyone because in the end I was only out the cost of a single sheet of the black. I realized pretty quickly that applying the black EZ Mount to the existing foam made the stamp too cushiony and too thick to store in cd cases (which was how I was storing my stamps at the time). If the existing foam is usable, it's much less money and hassle to add a coat of Mono Multi.

I really feel for the OP - would adding the Mono Multi to the no-longer-clinging black EZ Mount work? I know its a lot of work, but less work than trying to remove the black and replace it. I used the Mono Multi trick on some SU clear mount stamps that I bought used with the stickers on the back, which makes them not cling, and it did the trick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks, Everyone! I have contacted the company and will see what they say. I may end up having to try the mono multi trick, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

An Update: I contacted Crafter's Companion (who bought out Sunday International) about the thin ez mount. They said the thin black should not be used for the larger stamps. But they also sent me a bunch of the gray ez mount to remount the stamps. I was very pleased with their customer service dealing with an issue that would have been caused by something before they even owned the brand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow, that is some great customer service! Interesting that when the black came out, there was nothing mentioned about not using it on larger stamps. But it makes sense, then, that the ones that kept their cling for me were small stamps - that's why they were mounted on the black to begin with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2013, 06:50 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

That is wonderful customer service! I didn't chime in on this because my only experience of the thin black is the Kittie Kits from RubberNecker which come mounted that way because so many of them are so small.
Reply With Quote Likes