Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Printer Recommendations

Hi all!

My Canon Pixma MP560 (all in one) is on its last legs. I need to replace it and would welcome suggestions. I need it to be wireless, take thick card stock, yada yada.

Thanks for your input.

Ella
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you liked your Canon, I would go with another one. I have a Canon Pixma MX360 all in one that I love. It was very inexpensive. I'm sold on Canon.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Thanks for your input. The newer models of these two printers use a new version of cartridges, so 3rd party cartridges aren't available yet.

BTW, when you print on heavy cardstock, do you use the "prevent paper abrasion settings"?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I'd also like feedback on printers. I have a low-end Canon and it dies every 3-4 months (cheap enough to replace that often). I'd like to get a better quality printer that easily accepts 110 lb cardstock as that is what I use all the time. I've heard some people like the Epsom Artisan or Epsom Stylus Pro 3880 (the latter is pretty expensive). I'd like to get more feedback on the best, yet affordable, printer that accepts heavy cardstock without jamming or smudging, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by duchiedogView Post
I'd also like feedback on printers. I have a low-end Canon and it dies every 3-4 months (cheap enough to replace that often). I'd like to get a better quality printer that easily accepts 110 lb cardstock as that is what I use all the time. I've heard some people like the Epsom Artisan or Epsom Stylus Pro 3880 (the latter is pretty expensive). I'd like to get more feedback on the best, yet affordable, printer that accepts heavy cardstock without jamming or smudging, etc.
I'm surprised your Canon printers don't last very long. I got mine at Walmart at least 2 years ago, and I've never had a problem with it. It has an outside feed tray and handles heavy card stock easily - never jams or smudges. I only feed through one piece of card stock at a time. I think mine cost about $60.

As I said in a previous post it is the Canon Pixma MX360 all in one.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

In Canada, I pay about $80 for my Canon. I don't mind it, but sometimes it also smudges the images (either typed info or images). It is the only printer I have found that does feed the paper through fairly reliably, but not perfectly. I do a lot of printing, so I think it's time to invest in something a little better - I just don't know what. Any other suggestions or recommendations out there?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 29 Likes on 4 Posts

Just a thought about the Epson Printers... Friends who have them, really love them, but while they might not seem that inexpensive to buy at first, to get the best results, you need to buy Epson inks and papers (and that's where they get costly)... they are not really made for printing on cardstock.

I bought an inexpensive little backfeed Epson model for quick printing, but all I had was HP paper on hand to finish up a project... oh my goodness... it could of just been a fluke, but even trying to adjust everything... I got nothing but terrible prints and ended up taking it back....

Anyone have luck with any of the Backfeed models of HP printers???
Reply With Quote Likes