Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-26-2017, 11:20 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Portable Watercolors: Viviva vs. Peerless

Hi! I just finished a full comparison review between Viviva Colorsheets and Peerless Watercolors. You can see photos and read all the details here:
Awash with Color: Review/Comparison Viviva Colorsheets and Peerless Watercolors

The video is a good summery:

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2017, 04:57 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Lots of very helpful information - thank you so much! I've had the Peerless papers on my list for a long time, but had never heard of the Viviva. One more thing to consider... Thanks again!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2017, 07:58 PM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok, I love EVERYTHING watercolor! I have, and love, the Peerless WC sheets. After watching the video, I'm ready to experiment with Viviva WC, but when I do a google search I see that they aren't available for purchase anywhere. :confused:
I saw something about crowdsourcing and signing up....nope, not gonna signup for something that doesn't exist yet and won't until they get the money for startup.
Have I totally misunderstood the info I found in this product? I would love to have it, but I'm not interested in funding the company so it can start producing a product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2017, 05:46 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Hi! Right now they are on Indiegogo fully funded. The producers said they are already in production. They seem like a nice couple of guys - I wouldn't worry about your order through Indiegogo. They had sold them before in smaller quantities - I haven't seen anyone complain about their order. The link is in my post if you would like to order now, or if you want to wait you can try visiting their website in a few weeks - I'm guessing they will start selling there once they have filled the first orders. I will email them for more information and post here if I find something out. Their goal is to make the Viviva Colorsheets in a larger quantity, which is why they did the campaign so I expect they will hit the market sometime in the near future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
Ok, I love EVERYTHING watercolor! I have, and love, the Peerless WC sheets. After watching the video, I'm ready to experiment with Viviva WC, but when I do a google search I see that they aren't available for purchase anywhere. :confused:
I saw something about crowdsourcing and signing up....nope, not gonna signup for something that doesn't exist yet and won't until they get the money for startup.
Have I totally misunderstood the info I found in this product? I would love to have it, but I'm not interested in funding the company so it can start producing a product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2017, 01:29 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

OK, I found out that they are planning to sell the Viviva Colorsheets on their website in October-November 2017! If you don't want to do the campaign, then you can wait and get them later. The campaign people will get them sooner though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2017, 02:43 PM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, that being said I like to do a bit of research before I give money or credit card info to a place I've never heard of....popped Indiegogo into mt search engine and came up with this tidbit from Consumer Affairs:
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/business/indiegogo.html

Three star rating is pretty if-fy...granted only based on 15 reviews, however, the comments left by the reviewers were enough to cool my frenzy to "support the campaign".

I wish this company great success, and if all goes well with their start-up, I will be happy to purchase their product directly from them. In the meantime, I'll pull out my Peerless WC sheets and be content.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2017, 02:53 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

No problem! The rating is for Indiegogo. It's a fund raising site like Kickstarter. Most projects are good but a few may be bad. I've ordered on Indiegogo before and had no issues with that particular campaign. I know people who have ordered on Kickstarter and had issues (although most of their orders were fine). It comes down to how much you trust the company which is doing the fundraising. My credit card company has a policy that I can contest charges if I don't receive something. You could check if yours does as well, then if you have issues you contest the charge and the cc company should give you your money back (ask specifically about fund raising sites). Otherwise, you could wait until they start selling to the public if you are still interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, that being said I like to do a bit of research before I give money or credit card info to a place I've never heard of....popped Indiegogo into mt search engine and came up with this tidbit from Consumer Affairs:
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/business/indiegogo.html

Three star rating is pretty if-fy...granted only based on 15 reviews, however, the comments left by the reviewers were enough to cool my frenzy to "support the campaign".

I wish this company great success, and if all goes well with their start-up, I will be happy to purchase their product directly from them. In the meantime, I'll pull out my Peerless WC sheets and be content.
Reply With Quote Likes