Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-30-2007, 11:19 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ott-Lite?

I am looking at getting a new light for my craft table. I think the portable pink Ott-Lite might be perfect for me, but would like to hear from others about their experiences with these lights. If you have one, could you tell me what you like about it. In particular, would this small light be enough to light up a good portion of my 4 ft craft table? I hate the light that I have on there now and am desperate to find something else. Any and all help is appreciated!!!

My SCS Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 11:31 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Make sure you buy the TRU COLOUR ott light. I found one at a local store, made by ottligt but it's a reading light not a colour correct light. Keep this in mind when you are shopping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 03:35 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I LOVE mine OTT-Lite! I do have the smaller one as my craft table is about 4ft. I think you would be very happy with it. I would recommend shopping around (maybe online). I've seen them sell for up to $70 and I got mine on eBay for $35. hth

Tracy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 04:01 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

I have the floor model...I love it beacuse it doesn't take up space on my desk..My desk is 5 ft. by 3 1/2 ft.(used to be a kitchen farm table)....I just pull it over to the desk and its directly over my project....I paid 100.00 for it with a 50% off coupon from JoAn's...I love it...worth every penny.....(or at least to me...but not my husband!!!).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 04:12 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have the Ott Light, true color, craft/scrapbook desk lamp. Love it! It has a flexible arm, comes with a divided tray and large clip that attaches to the flexible arm. Got it at JoAnn's online, 50% off with free shipping. It was the best purchase I ever made online.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I loved my Ott light I bought a second one for the other end of my work table.(My table is 102 inches long) I love that you can really tell what color your cardstock is and what really matches!! Get one try it....if you hate it, which I doubt you will, return it!!

SAHM and SU! Demo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 08:18 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Just this past weekend Lowes Hardware store had them on there Yard Sale cause they didn't sell that well, well they went for 25.00 the table lamp and 40.00 for the floor model. I can't believe anyone would pay 150.00 for the floor model. So check your local Hardware store ie...Lowes or Home Depot.

Jannette
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 08:23 PM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorvall
Just this past weekend Lowes Hardware store had them on there Yard Sale cause they didn't sell that well, well they went for 25.00 the table lamp and 40.00 for the floor model. I can't believe anyone would pay 150.00 for the floor model. So check your local Hardware store ie...Lowes or Home Depot.
Mine isn't an Ott-light, but it is a daylight table lamp and I bought it at Home Depot way cheaper than than the Otts. And it gives off enough light to keep my table in the basement lit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2007, 06:29 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorvall
Our JoAn's can't keep the floor models in stock...and they sell for up to 199.99...there are some cheaper floor models,they just have smaller bulbs. Alot of people that do needlework like them cause they can pull them over to their chair.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2007, 06:40 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

I looove mine (I have the floor model.) I never knew what a difference it would make (I have horrible lighting in my room) but anyway, I got mine at AC Moore with a 50% off coupon so I paid about $100 including tax.. it was really a great buy, I have had it for almost a year, I'm not sure how long the bulbs last, but I still havent changed mine! You should definitely get one if you can (with a coupon, of course! :mrgreen: ) you'll love it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2007, 06:46 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

I, too, have an Ott lite over my craft table that is great for seeing natural colors. I have a magnifier light on the other side swinging over when I need it. The Ott lite is definately work every dime/half off at JoAnn's! I want another one but have heard that when the ballast goes there are hard to find to replace. I thought the ballast was in the light. Haven't checked into it cause the crises hasn't popped up yet. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2007, 06:59 AM   #12  
Watercolor Wizard

I got a natural/daylight lamp at Office Depot which I love! Mine has USB ports for keeping my computer happy and an electrical outlet for my glue gun or heat gun.
Reply With Quote Likes