Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not a happy scrapper right now >:<

I went to my LSS tonight to exchange my scor-buddy for the scor-pal. Well, when I got home I realized that she did not refund me for the full amount because it's on sale right now. I had my bill that showed what I paid but she gave me back the sale price. I bought a bunch of other stuff as well and I had a $5.00 off coupon that I gave her at the end of the sale. Well, when I got home and looked at my bill not only did she not refund me the full amount for the scor-buddy but she didn't take the $5.00 off my total either. This is a store that a friend of mine owns (she wasn't there tonight) and I don't want to complain to her but this isn't right. Oh, and I almost forgot .. the scor-pal says it comes with an envelope instructional booklet and that wasn't included with mine. Grrrrrr!!

What would you do?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I'd tell the owner ( your friend ) something like, "I had a little problem at the store the other night and I was hoping you could help me." Then, I'd explain the problem; maybe in the form of a question, "I returned my scor-buddy to get the scor-pal instead; but I noticed I was refunded a smaller amount because the scor-buddy is on sale now; is that store policy"? Once she answers that...you could go on to say, "I also bought other things, as you can see from my receipt and I had a $5.00 off coupon but it didn't get deducted".

If she cares about keeping her store open, not an easy task in this economy; she will care about making her customers happy, and the fact that she is your friend should give her added incentive to correct the mistakes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks. I will probably do that when I see her on the weekend. I love shopping in her store. It's the only place I know of nearby that sells copics which I adore. The lady who helped me was rather rude because when I asked to exchange my scor-buddy she said "I already told you on the phone that it can't be returned if it's not in the plastic". Well, clearly it WAS in the plastic and the packaging was in better condition than the new one I was exchanging it for. I honestly don't know what the big deal was .. it's not like I was exchanging it for something cheaper. The scor-pal costs $10.00 more than it's smaller counterpart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Tell you friend! There are lots of polite people looking for a job! That employee is not doing her any favors.

Vic
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamvicsView Post
Tell you friend! There are lots of polite people looking for a job! That employee is not doing her any favors.

Vic
My thoughts exactly. I've had it up to here with rude people working customer service. Your friend needs to know how her employee is treating customers. If you weren't her friend, and just another customer, she probably would have lost you as a customer. That certainly won't help her business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 03:41 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

For sure you should tell her! Nicely of course because she is your friend, but in this economy every customer needs to be happy. If I were your friend I would be very worried about the customers that didn't say anything........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 03:50 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberLady603View Post
For sure you should tell her! Nicely of course because she is your friend, but in this economy every customer needs to be happy. If I were your friend I would be very worried about the customers that didn't say anything........
Ditto this - because the customers that aren't saying anything to the shop owner are very likely talking about it to their friends at their next get-together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 03:57 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

As a business owner (along with my husband), we would want to know when something has transpired that has upset a customer or clearly isn't the correct way or handling business. That's the only way we can "make it right". Satisfied customers are the best form of advertisement any business has. Actually, we count on our friends to let us know if something is wrong or right for that matter. We believe they'll be honest in what they tell us and that will allow us to fix any problems that may occur or praise an employee who is deserving!
Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 05:28 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ScrappingMum.....It does sound reasonable that you would only get the sale price back for the Scor-Buddy. Most stores will give the current price for returns unless you have a receipt.

As far as not using your coupon, perhaps all of the items you did purchase were on sale? In that case, you wouldn't be able to use a coupon.

Yes, I also agree you should bring up the service you received from the clerk to the owners.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,923 Likes on 2,190 Posts

The OP didn't really say that she was treated unkindly. So I am not sure she should complain to the owner about the way she was treated. I would tell the owner that she only got the sale price, because she did have the receipt to show what she paid, if I read her post correctly. And yes, I agree you should check to see if those items were on sale because most of the stores that I use a coupon at, won't take them on sale items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

"The lady who helped me was rather rude because when I asked to exchange my scor-buddy she said "I already told you on the phone that it can't be returned if it's not in the plastic"."

Sounds to me like the clerk had a sticker burr in her nickers!
(borrowed from the quirkey card sayings thread).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 09:18 AM   #12  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
ScrappingMum.....It does sound reasonable that you would only get the sale price back for the Scor-Buddy. Most stores will give the current price for returns unless you have a receipt.

As far as not using your coupon, perhaps all of the items you did purchase were on sale? In that case, you wouldn't be able to use a coupon.

Yes, I also agree you should bring up the service you received from the clerk to the owners.

Patti
She had the receipt, so she should have been refunded what she paid.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #13  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,923 Likes on 2,190 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzyQueView Post
"The lady who helped me was rather rude because when I asked to exchange my scor-buddy she said "I already told you on the phone that it can't be returned if it's not in the plastic"."

Sounds to me like the clerk had a sticker burr in her nickers!
Ooops...I only went back to the OP! Didn't realize the clerk was rude. Thanks for pointing that out. I will read all posts next time!:oops: I still say if she had the receipt she should have had the full amount refunded and maybe her friend the owner will do that for her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

pjw2855, I did have my receipt so there really is no reason I shouldn't have received the full refund. I wish I had paid more attention .. I am usually pretty good about that but I think I was distracted by her poor attitude.

And I agree that if the items were all on sale then the coupon shouldn't be valid but why take it from me? Why not just say sorry that's not valid today. The coupon expired in July so she could have given it back to me to use for another time instead of taking it, writing the date on it and initializing it as if it was valid and the $5.00 was going to be deducted from my bill.

I'll speak to my friend on the weekend about the rude employee and show her my receipt to see if she can figure out what this lady did.

Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

I would tell your friend. Here's why - if the sales lady was that rude to a customer that wasn't friends with the owner - that customer might never come back to the store and your friend would lose business. In this economy - she needs all the loyal customers she can get.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

Funny thing is that she didn't know I was the owner's friend ... she must be fairly new because I've never seen her before. And you are right, if I wasn't the owner's friend I wouldn't go back to that store ... not even for the copics, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2011, 03:09 AM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I know in these times when local craft stores are really struggling I would definitely say something. I know the #1 killer with these stores are rude employees. I bet your friend will be appreciative you mentioned something. I can see from your post there were definite billing errors.

Reply With Quote Likes