Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-03-2008, 12:38 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Btw, Ellen Hutson carries them, but it looks like they're out of stock now. They were just there a few days ago!!
Here's her blog post about them: http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_c...e-storage
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #42  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubnerView Post
Btw, Ellen Hutson carries them, but it looks like they're out of stock now. They were just there a few days ago!!
Here's her blog post about them: http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_c...e-storage.html
I had been emailing Beth @EllenHutson about these. They had expected an order to arrive late last week but Quickutz just notified them on Monday that delivery would be delayed until the end of the month.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #43  
Rubber Obsessor

Great storage ideas. I am taking notes.
I have been admiring the creative work done with the use of nesties and I want to start my collection. Which is the best set to start with, and where is the best site to buy them? There was a site recently that had an offer buy one get one but they were duplicates. Any suggestions

Desiderata
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

Question though: There are some nesties that don't actually "nest"--like the scalloped heart and the scalloped squares. How do you store those in the CD's?

I found when I used the magnetic strips in the CD cases, the edges of all the dies weren't always able to touch the magnetic strips and so they would fall off. And then, of course, you have the long rectangles that don't fit in the CD's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 09:35 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

I put mine in the blue tins that SU! sold or may still be selling for like $4 each. I love those things for storage!

View my BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:09 AM   #46  
Insane Embellisher

To Craftexplorer above: I'm by NO means an expert on Nesties as I've just started my collection. Yet---I've recently aquired the large scallop and classic versions of the rectangle, circle, oval, and square shapes. If you look in the gallery, these seem to be the main ones that people use in their cards...yet, I am confused myself as there is, I think, a "petite" version of these and I don't know much about those...maybe someone could explain the difference! Also, the best place to buy seems to be Hobby Lobby using a 40% off coupon that you can print off their site. As far as an on-line store, I'm not sure. Hopefully someone will answer that for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:34 AM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

I'll try to explain the "petite" thing as I was very confused at first also.

"Petite" refers to the size of the scallop edging--whether they are "normal" size or "smaller than normal" size bumps (scallops).

You can then also have small and large size versions of the ovals, for example, in either the petite or classic scallops.

So, you could have a classic scalloped oval large, a classic scalloped oval small, a petite scalloped oval large, and a petite scalloped oval small.

All clear as mud? Hope this helps.

I was amazed yesterday when I found out Hobby Lobby carried the Nesties. I wish we had an HL here, but the nearest is 300 miles away. I also wish Michael's, ACMoore and Jo's would stock the Nesties and a few other newer items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 08:13 AM   #48  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubnerView Post
Me too! I just got one yesterday and I am totally in love with these.

OH my...Are you saying that my Idol is using an idea I found first? Oh be still my little heart!!!! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 09:33 AM   #49  
Compulsive Stamper

A good recycling idea is to take the refrigerator magnets you get in the mail or on top of the phone book/yellow pages and use them in the CD case. Doing this keeps the magnet from potentially going to the landfill, and it saves you some $. They work well for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #50  
Kookie Creator

After reading all the great ideas. I decided to try something with my new nesties. I took the package they came in and with double sided tape I taped a piece of magnetic photo paper where they fit in the package to begin with. I nested the die cuts on the paper, cut to fit and now all my nesties are in there little packages with the directions. Thanks for helping get my creative juices flowing. I didn't want to buy anything for them right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:10 PM   #51  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Nesties

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellegirlView Post
To Craftexplorer above: I'm by NO means an expert on Nesties as I've just started my collection. Yet---I've recently aquired the large scallop and classic versions of the rectangle, circle, oval, and square shapes. If you look in the gallery, these seem to be the main ones that people use in their cards...yet, I am confused myself as there is, I think, a "petite" version of these and I don't know much about those...maybe someone could explain the difference! Also, the best place to buy seems to be Hobby Lobby using a 40% off coupon that you can print off their site. As far as an on-line store, I'm not sure. Hopefully someone will answer that for you.
Thanks for responding. I do not have a Hobby Lobby here in Florida. Does anyone have any suggestions for an online store to get nesties. And do you have any suggestions for a starting set. Again, thanks Bellegirl for your help.

Desiderata
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #52  
Cardstock Collector

Here is a photo of a method not mentioned yet on this thread:

rubystamper.blogspot.com/2008/08/nestability-storage.html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

I took a picture of mine....lots of room for expansion.
Attached Thumbnails
Nestie storage...what's cheap and good?-display-left.jpg  

My Blog -- Shannon's Sentiments
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 12:42 PM   #54  
Inking Addict

Default Yet another way

I do something slightly different than mentioned here so far. I bought a little two ring notebook in Photo section at Walmart - designed to store photo cds in little sleeves. The notebook was $1.50 and the sleeves are 5 for .99 cents. Then in the craft dept. at Walmart they have sheets of magnet/paper that I think is intended to print on with your printer. It's very cheap and I cut it to fit in the sleeves (4x6) and put each set of shape in a sleeve. All my dies fit and I have the long rectangles (they poke out just a tiny bit at the top is all). I probably have at least 20 little sleeves in there - the binder fits A LOT. Then I can throw it in a bag or even a purse if need be and it's easy to flip through and find what I want. The binders are very cute too if that's important to you - our store has pink, black and red faux leather with a stitched design on the spine. And a spot to label the binder too.

Lots of good ideas on this thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #55  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Nesties storage

I just used some 4x6 photo holders that were on my fridge... stick nesties on the back side...works ok, cheap enuf.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 02:13 PM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have all the sets except the maga labels one. I store all of them in CDs with magnetic tape and I love this system. I have way too many nesties but I want more...lol
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 06:26 PM   #57  
Kookie Creator

for all of you looking for cheap magnet strips if you have acess to old refrigerator the magnetic strip on the door is realy strong. You just cut open the plastic covering and pull it out My DH is a repair man for this king of thing and is always bring me home treasures like this. You know what they say one mans junk is another mans treasure. I am always the other man just can not through any thing out some where done the line it will have a use it always dose.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 02:53 AM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

I recently bought a two ring binder folder (approx c5 in size).I also bought some PVC zip up pouches/folders. I put a set in each folder, punched two holes in each folder (opposite the zip) so they fit in the rings. The folders stick out a little at the side but that does not bother me. I even have room in each folder to store cut outs of each shape so I can quckly see the size and work out what would suit my card/project.
The folders are clear, so I can flip through and see instanly what I have.
The binder is just black PVC which I may decorate later. I love this also because its portable . Fits my mega rectangles as well.
Hope I explained clearly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 06:00 AM   #59  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm using the white lunchboxes that we get to decorate all the time...they are still in the original pkging with the very top cut off to fit in the box but it works great, I also have a lunchbox for my embossing folders and one for my images that I receive....I LOVE those lunchboxes...someday I'll actually decorate one...

but I can just grab it and go.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 11:17 AM   #60  
Cardstock Collector

I have a thought...a while back, there were a lot of complaints with people having black marks from their nesties. Do you think that might be from the magnet strips? Did anyone end up with black marks that did not use the magnets? Just a thought...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

mine are on magnetic strips in DVD but they keep falling off so when I open the DVD tin they are messed upl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #62  
Compulsive Stamper

Default ribbon storage...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaSchwichView Post
Well, I am almost embarrassed when I look at this picture... if I took a picture tonight, you would see that I have since collected almost all of the sets (except pinking circles, labels 2, and paisleys)... But anyhow, here is a link to my gallery. I have the same setup at Jackie, and use the binder rings, too (a big canister from Office Max for $5), and now my husband actually put cup hooks on the shelf front for me, the sticker hooks kept falling down. I think the hooks were $1.97 or so.
I used to keep them in CD and DVD tins, but it took too long to get them out. Obviously, I like to keep things out where I can see them, too...

nesties hanging storage by MamaSchwich at Splitcoaststampers
Lori, when I went to check out your picture, I saw the ribbon storage under the shelf. Is that just a dowel rod thru your shelf bracket? Can we get a closer pic of that? Actually, I really like what little I saw - how about some pics of the whole area???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 05:24 PM   #63  
Cardstock Collector

I have left over magnetic things that you put a business card on and people can post on their fridge. I cut down the heavy cardboard that the nesties come on and adhered magnetic pieces and covered the size I needed.

It is strong and the nesties stay put. That way I don't have to hunt and search for the nestie I need. Works GREAT! I keep them in the same tote as my folders and dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #64  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloriousGreetingsView Post
I know some use the magnetic tape from the dollar store, and an empty CD case. Stick the magnet in the CD case and place your nesties on top. Easy to see and to open and they stay put. I am going to do this with mine.
This is what I do -- I saw it somewhere, too. Works well....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2008, 10:39 AM   #65  
Rubber Obsessor

Question

For those that use this method -- How many sets do the Quickutz binders hold? I can't tell much from the pics online. Thanks much! I currently use tin DVD cases but my mag tape doesn't hold them too well - not sure why; I think this is kinda messy anyway so I'd love to try the binder solution.:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #66  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I ran cardstock through my Xyron with the laminate/magnet cartridge. I have two sets on each sheet and store them inside a clamshell box. Works well for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #67  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the magnetic strip inside the cabinet door method and I totally love it. I put a label under each area with the name of the set and how many pieces are in it, i.e. large classic oval 5 pieces. That was key for me - now I know if I'm missing any nesties.
I had two problems -- one was the nesties would occassionally fall off the magnets when I opened the cabinet door and I had a problem getting the magnetic tape to adher.
Once I glued down the tape, the nesties stopped falling off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 04:44 AM   #68  
Kookie Creator

I do not have any Nesties, but I plan on looking into them this weekend, when my daughter takes me to a big crafting store in her area. I told my DH that all I wanted for my birthday earlier this month was money to spend on crafts. Any ideas or suggestions on which ones you use or like or dislike the most. TFS!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 05:37 AM   #69  
Insane Embellisher

I absolutely LOVE the magnet folder by Quick Cutz for Nestie storage!!! My only problem is that I need another one and Hobby Lobby is 50+ miles away!

Thanks to the person who recommended these for Nestie storage! Fantastic idea to be sure...love it! yup... decent price too with 40% off coupon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 05:56 AM   #70  
Mad Swapper

I found an old zip-up CD case where you can only put one CD in each sleeve front and back. I don't own any of the longer Nesties yet so this storage solution seems to work for now. I usually save cereal boxes to use for chipboard so I cut them down small enough to fit in the sleeves. I bought some magnetic sheets at Walmart and cut them down as well (smaller than the chipboard sheet). I then used some address labels to mark each CD sleeve for each Nestie set and put another label on the back of the chipboard sheet so I knew what sleeve to put them back in.

I guess another inexpensive solution which I just might use for some of my unmounted stamps that have a lot of images in them (now storing in CD cases), would be to use sheet protectors. My husband recently bought some sheet protectors with little flaps on the top so that paper doesn't slip out. You can get a pkg of them (25 count) at Officemax for about $6. They are called Secure Top Load Top Sheet Protectors made by Avery. So you can baically do the same concept with cutting chipboard and magnetic strip to fit in the sleeves.

I would love to get a QK binder, but that it out of my budget at the moment. And I do love the storage solution of hanging them, but I have 2 little ones and would be devastated if one of the pieces gets lost. So the zipped up CD case is a great solution for me.

Oh, BTW...some people use the magnetic vent covers you can buy at Home Depot. They tape it to the door of their cabinets and store this way as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 06:01 AM   #71  
Mad Swapper

Smile No black marks here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjwbView Post
I have a thought...a while back, there were a lot of complaints with people having black marks from their nesties. Do you think that might be from the magnet strips? Did anyone end up with black marks that did not use the magnets? Just a thought...
Sometimes when I cut through the cardstock, I do get a small black powdery dew on the edge of the cut shape. But I have been able to brush it off with my hand so no complaints here. I've always wondered what that might be from but now it could possibly be from the magnetic sheet now that you mention it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 06:34 AM   #72  
Die Cut Diva

I started by storing them in the CD cases with magnetic strip. But then I ran out of CD cases and the long rectangle ones would not fit. I also tried putting the magnetic strip on a door in my craft room, it is an exterior door which is metal of some sort, but they kept falling off. Finally I realized I had about 10 of those little metal "frames" that were in the $1 Spot at Target a couple Valentine's Day ago, had little red glitter heart magnets on them. People were altering them and making cute stuff. I bought a bunch and never did anything with them. They work perfect for Nesties storage. Put the magnet strip on them and then put the Nesties on top. I can put 2 sets on each one. One on the front and another on the back. Figure they were cheap, only $1, and I actually use some stuff I already have.
Reply With Quote Likes