Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:27 PM   #41  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you use nestablilities with a cuttlebug. I have no scallops punches and have been holding off so I can get a cuttlebug and perhaps these nestablilities....but which machine is best..this is hopefully for Christmas

come and play the INK IT UP CHALLENGE
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2007, 02:14 AM   #42  
Proud Fan Club Member

subbing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2007, 03:47 AM   #43  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Very cool! I just checked into these a little further and realized they are from Spellbinders, and I carry those at the store I manage! I'm going to have to see if I can work buying some into my budget next month! The Wizard is popular with my customers, and the Cuttlebug is gathering dust!

I know not what this day holds....but I know Who holds the day!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2007, 04:22 AM   #44  
BA
Polyshrink Goddess

I have a question with the depth of the embossed impression of the Nestabilities. I tried my ovals with the my friends Cuttlebug using the "sandwich" suggested and the embossed impression did not seem to be that noticable looking at it straight on.

I have seen the Wizard demonstrated last weekend at a Rubber Stamp Convention and the gal seemed to be having a hard time with it. I then visited my friend and watched her use the Cuttlebug and that looked much easier. I was all set to purchase the Cuttlebug TODAY but I wanted to double-check about the embossed impression given on the Nestabilities first.

Thanks for all your help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2007, 04:56 AM   #45  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAView Post
I have a question with the depth of the embossed impression of the Nestabilities. I tried my ovals with the my friends Cuttlebug using the "sandwich" suggested and the embossed impression did not seem to be that noticable looking at it straight on.

I have seen the Wizard demonstrated last weekend at a Rubber Stamp Convention and the gal seemed to be having a hard time with it. I then visited my friend and watched her use the Cuttlebug and that looked much easier. I was all set to purchase the Cuttlebug TODAY but I wanted to double-check about the embossed impression given on the Nestabilities first.

Go to Nicholes blog and look at her work. It is fab.
nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/spellbinders_faq/index.html
This link will take you straight to her Spellbinders FQA.
I have pre-ordered mine as I only have a couple of punches (we have woodware - among others, in the UK) so I bought the complete set and cannot wait for them to arrive.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2007, 05:19 AM   #46  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAView Post

The correct sandwich for embossing the Spellbinder Style dies or brass stencils is:

white emboss mat
Spellbinders die with cut (rough) edge up or brass stencil
paper (or die cut inside the die)
tan polymar pad
white cut mat

to assist with running the sandwich through the Wizard, place the handle towards you resting on the table, you want to hold the sandwich in front of the machine. You will feed the machine towards your body. Hold the sandwich slighty above the base of the Wizard. Do not rest the sandwich on the base it must be horizontal to the rolling bars. Feed the sandwich in slightly with one hand, then with your other hand using your palm of your hand, roll your hand against the top roller bar, this will engage your sandwich in between the two rolling bars. Now push the handle forward all the way to the table, then bring it up to the notch on the machine, you do not need to bring it back to the table again (your starting space) just to the little notch on the side where the roller bars go into. then back down to the table, it is little pumps that make this machine so easy. Let the machine do all the work, not you. There is a ratchet system installed to do all the work.

I hope this helps. I know it is hard to visualize or sounds complicated, but if you are shown properly, you will understand that the Wizard is really easy to use.

If you need a visual on how to use the Wizard, Spellbinders has a http://www.spellbinders.us/ct/store/ct_demo.asp video online that you can view. Plus that video comes free with each Wizard so you can view it at home when ever you need to.

Hope this helps,
Kar
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2007, 05:34 AM   #47  
Insane Embellisher

Ok... I was able to sell my giga scallop punches so now I can justify buying these. I am so excited. I am going to get my preorder in real soon

Kelly

Just not enough time in the day to do
everything that I love to do
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2007, 07:53 AM   #48  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimInIowaView Post
You can use the Sizzix with the nestabilities but you probably won't be as happy with the results as if you had a "press style" machine. With the original Sizzix you are relying on your own ability to give lots of pressure to the cut and emboss, these nestabilities are a low profile die, not like the Sizzix steel ruled die with a deep blade.

For example, the pressure in the Wizard is 3,000 pounds as the paper and die pass through the rollers. That 3,000 pounds is where the BIG difference in emboss comes through. You'd be surprised at the difference in side by side comparisons, even with other roller machines.

The dies will work with other machines, but if you are considering buying a new machine, I'd look seriously at the Wizard. Its the only all metal machine on the market, no plastic! Because of the pressure involved it gives you the capability to do so much more than just die cut!

I hope this answers your questions!

Kim
The Revolution is all metal too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2007, 07:59 AM   #49  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pink-fishView Post
Really? I thought it did have plastic parts on it? All the pressing/working parts are metal too.

I do like that it's a ROLLING machine though. I found the wizard ackward to use- though it really did produce a lot deeper impression than when I tried other machines.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2007, 08:41 AM   #50  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pink-fishView Post
Oops! I didn't realize the Revolution was all metal, I've never had the opportunity to personally play with it.
Sorry about that!

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #51  
BA
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay ladies. I did purchase the Cuttlebug today as planned. It really helped to read Nichole Heady's blog about it. It sounds as if the impression does depend on the weight of the cardstock. I was using SU 80lb cardstock and Nichole used 110lb in her Cuttlebug.

I have another friend who has the wizard so I may borrow her's too to compare.

thanks for the help in this direction.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2007, 12:24 PM   #52  
Insane Embellisher

Ok, I placed my order today for the oval set of nestibilities I am going to purchase one each month when we get the 40% coupons. Now I can't wait till they come! I talked with Marci and she said middle of September. I asked her if they are going to get enough to fill all the orders and she said she talked with spellbinders and they said they are ready for the demand. I just wonder if they actually realize what the demand is or if they are going to have the backorder situation like the marvy scallop punches.

I guess we can only wait and see

Just not enough time in the day to do
everything that I love to do
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2007, 01:44 PM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

I pre-ordered the full sets of Circles and Rectangles from Paper Trey and can't wait for them to arrive! I am holding off on the squares and ovals until I see how much I will truly use these but I have a feeling I'll be ordering them too. I don't plan to get rid of my punches just yet. I have a mish-mash of shapes and sizes and I do want to make sure I'm 100% sure I don't want to keep the punches before I get rid of them. I do think they're handy for making 1 quick card (like I've EVER done anything quick )

I love the idea of having all the sizes of scallop and classic shapes. I'll always have just the right matching sizes and they won't take up so much space. Between waiting for my Nestabilities from Paper Trey and my Copic markers from Ellen, I'm about to explode from anticipation!

My Blog

Visit My Garden
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2007, 04:29 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
I enjoy the punches, and, I will probably keep them, BUT, there are some projects I want to do for which only the Nestibilities will work.

I can hardly wait for the scallop CIRCLES to be available. Serious! I am just dyin' to get my hands on those babies, and the wait is KILLIN' me!!!

When I stop and consider the value alone of the nested dies, vs. separate punches, it would be crazy for me not to, really, since I do already own a personal die cutting system which I use and keep ready for use on my cutting station 24/7 , and these are compatible with it, UKWIM?
"Cutting station" -- that cracks me up. It sounds like a buffet table!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2007, 08:55 PM   #55  
Matboard Maniac

Default bummer

I hate to put the fly in this ointment but I heard something that I couldn't leave unsaid because we all help one another. My friend was at a stamping show in Chicago and there was a lady demoing these dies. While being run through the machine the dies shifted and the cut came out badly. When questioned the demo said that they do shift around a lot but that the newer releases will have some sort of magnetic attachment or something like that to solve this problem.

I was as excited about everyone else about these dies, but I think we may need to watch what happens once they are released in the market. Has anyone used these dies personally yet?? I'd like to know their opinions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2007, 12:51 AM   #56  
Proud Fan Club Member

To be honest, I was thinking they may shift b/c they're so narrow.

I pre-ordered a set though.

I think GinaK has some info on her site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2007, 08:05 AM   #57  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaperKatView Post
I hate to put the fly in this ointment but I heard something that I couldn't leave unsaid because we all help one another. My friend was at a stamping show in Chicago and there was a lady demoing these dies. While being run through the machine the dies shifted and the cut came out badly. When questioned the demo said that they do shift around a lot but that the newer releases will have some sort of magnetic attachment or something like that to solve this problem.

I was as excited about everyone else about these dies, but I think we may need to watch what happens once they are released in the market. Has anyone used these dies personally yet?? I'd like to know their opinions.
I demonstrated these dies at the Craft & Hobby Association show in July where they made their debut.

Here's my take on what probably happened at the Chicago show that your friend saw. Usually people are 3-4 deep at these shows wanting to see how the dies and machine work. I would imagine the demonstrator wasn't trying to get a perfect line up but simply showing how the dies work to as many people as possible.

There are two ways to get a perfect position on a card, I've done both.

1) Purchase a Spellbinders magnetic plate (all Spellbinders dies are magnetic and this makes placement for all their dies easy)
2) Use removable tape on the die for perfect placement on a card.

Either way is easy!

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2007, 08:13 AM   #58  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kim ~ I was thinking of trying removable tape. I have some tiny squares/tabs that I picked up somewhere.

Thx for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2007, 08:31 AM   #59  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddictedtoStampsView Post
Kim ~ I was thinking of trying removable tape. I have some tiny squares/tabs that I picked up somewhere.

Thx for sharing!
I've bought removable scotch brand tape at Wal-mart or office supply stores, it works great too!

Have fun!

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2007, 08:38 AM   #60  
Proud Fan Club Member

This is where I p/u the tabs.

http://sizzix.com/shop.cfm?function=...Number=38-9551
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2007, 08:44 AM   #61  
Kookie Creator

Can you hear me whining in the background of this email? I just can't wait until those nesty things come in! I have to wait until the end of this month? At least today I can say that. Yesterday I had to wait until the end of next month! (Today is Sept. 1st!) I have not been this excited about the arrival of something for a long time. I have my Christmas cards all set in my head and now only have to wait for my nesties to make it real. Oh the wait. Will I survive?

I am most looking forward to playing with the ovals. Anyone else like the thought of ovals too?

If anyone gets more accurate info on the arrival date of these, can you post it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2007, 08:50 AM   #62  
Inking Addict

But it will really work with cuttlebug, I read in a blog somebody used and broke the plates 3 times, saying we have to use plate b and some cheapboard.
If somenone use this with cuttlebug, give us a feedback please
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2007, 10:09 AM   #63  
Rubber Obsessor

If you watch the demo on Spellbinders.us you'll see the owner recommends using the magnetic 'paper' or repositional tape to hold the dies in place. The Wizard can do so much, including using ALL other die cutting machines dies (except commercial), I don't see why anyone would want anything else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2007, 11:09 AM   #64  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by tina van-eickView Post
If you watch the demo on Spellbinders.us you'll see the owner recommends using the magnetic 'paper' or repositional tape to hold the dies in place. The Wizard can do so much, including using ALL other die cutting machines dies (except commercial), I don't see why anyone would want anything else.
I really want a wizard because it's affordable and does EVERYTHING- but the handle is extremely difficult for me to crank :(

So I'm holding off on a die cutting machine until I decide I really need one, then I'll have to figure out which.
Reply With Quote Likes