Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #41  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Waltzing mouse and JustRite also make nesties shaped stamps.
Www.Boxofchocolatescrafts.Com
YouNeverKnowWhatI’mGoingtoMake

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #42  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, you asked which sets I loved and which I was sorry I bought. Well, I have really enjoyed the circles and ovals with the scalloped matching sets. I've been able to do quite a lot with them, they lend themselves very easily to a lot of creative ideas. I think those are the best sets, if you are on a budget, and you can get all 4 packaged together for a discount. If you are not a round/oval person, then go for the scalloped squares, for the same reasons.

I am very sorry I let "the guy" at last year's CK Convention talk me into some tags. Tag dies are nearly useless because let's face it, you can cut them by hand, right? And the frilly ones that I bought? Seriously, I could have cut a plain and simple tag, stuck it down on the paper, and the doodled around the outside till it was just as frilly, but a lot less expensive!

And I really don't like the thin embossing plates- they break immediately.

Live and learn. Good thing you are smart enough to ask first.

-c
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #43  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 1st set was the scalloped rectangles and I have the deckle rectangles. I use them for card layers. I have the set of crosses and one of the motifs - maybe the Fair Isle. I love them, Overstock will run them on sale and I usually buy when shipping is free but 2.95 is still not a bad deal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

Nesites are the best thing I ever invested in. I have 20+ sets but the ones I use most are the ovals....both classic & petite, plain & scalloped edge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 06:36 AM   #45  
Polyshrink Goddess

Gina K has some good ideas for expanding your use of your nesties
Nestabilities- Images Beyond the Border - stampTV
and The Amazing paper Grace has tons of the most amazing cards
Spellbinders � Amazing Paper Grace
JoAnn fabric has big packs that you can use your 40% off coupons now

The lesson from Charlie Brown: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 07:21 AM   #46  
Kookie Creator

I love my nestabilities and use them all the time. The ones I started with were the circle and scalloped circle so I could layer. I add to my collection when I get a 40% off coupon to hobby lobby and then slowly expand. I have about 10 sets and just keep adding - you will find the shapes and designs you are more drawn to as you look through gallaries - I would start with those.

My gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #47  
Compulsive Stamper

I love my Nesties too!! There is a website called Cut At Home and if you sign up you can use a 40% off coupon every month (sent to your email). That way my collection is growing without a huge expense at one time : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #48  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp0654View Post
I constantly use mine. I started with circles small and large, then ovals small and large, I now have quite a selection of labels and I have the deckled rectangles. About two months ago I saw somewhere on here how someone used magnetic 8 1/2" x 11 inch sheets and attached them to their wall and hung them on those. Let me tell you, that was the best thing I ever did organizational wise. I use them even more now! So whoever you are, thanks a bunch!!!

I agree - they are very addictive!
What a great idea! Thanks for sharing that. I sold some things on ebay so I finally have a little bit of "play money" and I hope to get a set or maybe two of the nestabilities!

Hearing what everyone has said, particularly about where they started has helped me solidify my priorities. All the great things cost$$$

When I hear people talking about Copics I was green with envy until I saw the price on those and nearly died! All of this is addictive but I can sure think of worse things to be doing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #49  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappingramView Post
I love my Nesties too!! There is a website called Cut At Home and if you sign up you can use a 40% off coupon every month (sent to your email). That way my collection is growing without a huge expense at one time : )
I got my coupon from cut at home and also from scrap-mart. I need to compare that to the Scrapbooking Alley that was recommended too.

Do you know if the 40% off of one item can be applied to one of the packages that have several sets in them?

I did notice it said 40% the manufacture's retail, not off of their price. It may be that their price is pretty compatible with what I would pay with the coupon and the man. price. I'm hoping to look before bed tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #50  
Embossing Fanatic

What is the difference between the petite ovals and the classic ovals? Any preference for one over the other when working with the standard A2 card size?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 247 Likes on 133 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatgraceView Post
What is the difference between the petite ovals and the classic ovals? Any preference for one over the other when working with the standard A2 card size?
Rather than actual size, it is the shape. The classic are the "plumper" more typical ovals, while the petite are "squashed" or more slender. I have both sets and love them for different things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #52  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegasgemView Post
Nesites are the best thing I ever invested in. I have 20+ sets but the ones I use most are the ovals....both classic & petite, plain & scalloped edge.
Between the classic and petite ovals, is there one that you feel lends itself better to standard A2 cards? Probably 90% or more of my paper crafting are cards.

I'm hoping to buy my first set this weekend and am looking at a few vendors people have suggested that have low prices or offer good coupons. I'm leaning toward the ovals.

One of the things I have really loved is how you can use the oval nestability to make a template that will leave a clear or "flat" place in the center of a card that you are embossing, so that you have the beautiful texture all around, but enough of a space that you can stamp an image or greeting easily.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #53  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
Rather than actual size, it is the shape. The classic are the "plumper" more typical ovals, while the petite are "squashed" or more slender. I have both sets and love them for different things.
It sounds like maybe the classic ovals might be my better bet for my first time purchas. Typcial oval sounds like what I would expect an oval to look like...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 472 Likes on 351 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp0654View Post
I constantly use mine. I started with circles small and large, then ovals small and large, I now have quite a selection of labels and I have the deckled rectangles. About two months ago I saw somewhere on here how someone used magnetic 8 1/2" x 11 inch sheets and attached them to their wall and hung them on those. Let me tell you, that was the best thing I ever did organizational wise. I use them even more now! So whoever you are, thanks a bunch!!!

I agree - they are very addictive!
I did something similar to what you're talking about with the magnetic sheets but I cut the sheets into strips and put them on the inside of a cupboard door in my craftroom. Here's a photo I posted in my gallery of how I did it:

Nestabilities storage by susanbri - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #55  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm sorry you guys, I should have been using my brains! I went to the gallery and did a search for nestabilities ovals and it was very clear to see which ones were the classic and which were the petite.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #56  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by susanbriView Post
I did something similar to what you're talking about with the magnetic sheets but I cut the sheets into strips and put them on the inside of a cupboard door in my craftroom. Here's a photo I posted in my gallery of how I did it:

Nestabilities storage by susanbri - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Wow! really nice! I saw someone who posted that she used the empty CD cases with two thin strips of magnet inside them. I guess so that they store in her system of storing well, but don't get all jumpled up inside .

I wouldn't be taking mine anywhere, and I think the easier they are to see all the time and the easier it is to get to them quickly, the more I will use them.
A lot of times if it's out of site, I tend to forget about it. If it's a pain in the neck to drag it out, I talk myself out of using it!
Even though I am just now getting a few of them I'd like to hear and see how people store theirs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #57  
Rubber Obsessor

I love nesties. I have about 20 of them now. I started with basic shapes and continued with the labels series. Love those. My favorite shape and most used is oval. My least used would probably be rectangles. I thought the rectangles would be perfect for card fronts but the dimensions are off for that. If any one knows of a rectangle nestie that does work for card fronts 5 1/2-4 1/4 let me know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by meepleloverView Post
I love nesties. I have about 20 of them now. I started with basic shapes and continued with the labels series. Love those. My favorite shape and most used is oval. My least used would probably be rectangles. I thought the rectangles would be perfect for card fronts but the dimensions are off for that. If any one knows of a rectangle nestie that does work for card fronts 5 1/2-4 1/4 let me know.
I don't know of one that would be the size of a card front, but think that cutting it on a paper trimmer or cutter would be quicker and easier than placing the die and running it through the machine. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #59  
Rubber Obsessor

Perhaps, however I can never seem to get perfect edges!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2011, 08:34 AM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by meepleloverView Post
Perhaps, however I can never seem to get perfect edges!
When I purchased my guillotine cutter, that solved my problems like that. One of the best investments I ever made for nice clean, accurate edges.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #61  
Embossing Fanatic

One LAST question...I swear! People have tried to describe the difference between classic and petite ovals...I have the colluzle oval - would you say that the ovals made by the colluzle are more classic or petite?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #62  
Pearl-ExPert

Rob a bank and buy 'em all. *snort*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #63  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatgraceView Post
One LAST question...I swear! People have tried to describe the difference between classic and petite ovals...I have the colluzle oval - would you say that the ovals made by the colluzle are more classic or petite?
The Coluzzle Oval is more classic. Petite's are skinny ovals. Classics are thicker ovals. I just looked at a photo of the Coluzzle oval and it is definitely more like the Classic Oval rather than petite. Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #64  
Compulsive Stamper

I have more than I care to count and seriously couldn't do without them. One of my go-to places to buy is WolfCamera.com - Free Shipping & No Sales Tax on DIGITAL CAMERAS $100+ where they are just under $17 and no sales tax.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #65  
Matboard Maniac

I found what I use depends on which stamp I'm using. I use Label 1 the most and probably Label 8 next. I just bought the Label 1 in the new size.
Next I use circles, round and scalloped. I might use ovals more if I had bought the classic instead of the petite as I rarely have a stamp that fits the petite. I also have the square, rectangle and long rectangle sets, but rarely use those.
I only make about 100 cards a year, but I keep telling myself I should make more and sell them so I get more use out of my stuff. Ah, someday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #66  
Embossing Fanatic

Heart

Like most everyone else, I started with circles and ovals coz they are the hardest (for me) to cut by hand. I have more now but I discovered that I almost always layered a plain basic shape with a scalloped basic shape (instead of a 2 basic shapes)... if that makes sense.

Good luck - I'm sure you wouldn't stop at your 1st 2 or 4 set.
Steph
Reply With Quote Likes