Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-27-2008, 07:51 AM   #201  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess DeeView Post
I don't mean to hijack .... I haven't noticed dirty edges but I AM having trouble with one or two of my circle dies that have been used a lot. They are no longer cutting all the way around. (They're staying attached on both sides.) Has anyone else dealt with this? Because of the pressure of the Cuttlebug and the amount they've been used, they were slightly bent, so I gently pressed them so that they are flat again but it's still happening. I tried using an adhesive remover on them, but I don't think it's residue that is dulling them. Do I dare sand them?
Hi Beth,

if you are having trouble with yur die cutting call the office monday 888-547-0400. We will replace the die for you. Spellbinders always will stand behind the quality of the product. What machine are you using to cut your die?

Stacey
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 08:00 AM   #202  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblesistersmomView Post
I've heard so many awesome things about the nesties and have been soo anxious to get some but they are so expensive that I think I would be really upset if I ended up having the difficulties that I have been reading about here. Has anybody washed theirs, had their problem solved, the end? Or, is it a recurring problem?
Actually, the dies are not expensive. The reason we developed them was so you could have many sizes at a reasonable price. Compare ONE ring of the Nestabilities to a punch. Ellen hutson did a side by side comparison of the cost savings and it was quite moving. $585 in puches is what you would spend to get the complete circle nestability assortment. The retailers charge $79.00 for the complete set of nestabilities..... that is about 22-26 dies per set. It breaks down to less then 4.00 per die as opposed to the price of one punch...... :eek:and by the way.... that is less then any other company charges for that type of die. Also, with the nestabilities.... you get the additional functions of embossing and stenciling with the die.

I am very aware of value, budgets and making products affordable for everyone.... that is the reason I started Spellbinders, I used to teach stamping and scrapbooking and wanted to make beautiful products that we could all afford.
Hope this helps make the cost value a bit more clear.

kindest regards,

Stacey
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 01:19 PM   #203  
Hardware Hotshot

Since we are talking about Nesties (which I have and love)...could we discuss the Wizard as well or should I start another thread about it. I'm curious if I can use all my Cuttlebug stuff with the Wizard or not. I'm not getting as good of an embossing impression as I think I could so I wonder if the Wizard will help that. Thoughts?
Old 07-27-2008, 02:29 PM   #204  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2kjsView Post
Since we are talking about Nesties (which I have and love)...could we discuss the Wizard as well or should I start another thread about it. I'm curious if I can use all my Cuttlebug stuff with the Wizard or not. I'm not getting as good of an embossing impression as I think I could so I wonder if the Wizard will help that. Thoughts?
Yes you can use all of your Cuttlebug dies & embossing folder in the Wizard. Personally I have never used the Cuttlebug but I have seen side by side comparisons and there is a HUGE difference!! The Wizard has 3000 lbs. of pressure which gives you an incredible embossing ability!!
If you go to You Tube and do a search for Spellbinders you will find three videos made by Stacey Caron, President, Co-Founder of Spellbinders Paper Arts. Stacey has made three wonderful and very informative videos. One is using the Wizard, Universal Die Cutting & Embossing System with Spellbinders dies, The second video is using the Wizard, Universal Die Cutting & Embossing System with dies and embossing folders from other companies & the third video is using other die cutting machines with Spellbinders dies. HTH!

Smiles!
Heidi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 05:46 PM   #205  
Hardware Hotshot

I'll check those videos out...thank you!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #206  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, I just got my wizard in last week and just started playing with my nesties a few days ago. I thought it was "user error" as I noticed my edges were dirty.

I will try cleaning the dies and see what happens. Thanks for this thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #207  
Cardstock Collector

I have been doing many professional projects with the nestabilities this pasted
month and I have been cutting a large amount of various card stock . I have had no problem . I have noticed a little peeling but it never leaves any marks
on any of my embellishments. These dies have truly made my job so much easier.I am so glad there is a company out there stepping up to the plate and bring professional products to the little people .I am not about to let a little wear and tare get in my way .The more I use them the more I love them . my favorite
tool by far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 05:47 PM   #208  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylQuiltsView Post
I've had this problem too. I was stamping with my friend, and she noticed that I didn't have the nestie die above the arrow on the CB plate. The next time I did this, it worked fine. Haven't used it again, but try it and let me know how it works for you. TFS!
Could you please explain what you mean by "above the arrow?" They are too large for all of the die to be at the end of the plate if this is what you mean. (I'm spatially challenge, can you tell, lol? I do better with pictures :rolleyes:

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2008, 03:22 AM   #209  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts
Smile Above the Arrow

On each of the Cuttlebug plates, there is a printed strip at the bottom. On the left is the letter: A, B, C. On that strip is written, "place dies above arrow." BTW, I broke one of my Plate B and had to run to Michael's to purchase another set. Anyway, the new ones look a little different but worked perfectly. I used Plate A on the bottom, Plate C next, Nestie die (cutting side up), cardstock, then the new Plate B, and then I ran it through. I made sure the entire die was above this arrow. Cut like butter and left NO marks. So, I'm happy! Sure hope this helps you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theresa RomaniView Post
Could you please explain what you mean by "above the arrow?" They are too large for all of the die to be at the end of the plate if this is what you mean. (I'm spatially challenge, can you tell, lol? I do better with pictures :rolleyes:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2008, 04:50 AM   #210  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the sandwich recipe, Cheryl! I just got my first set of Nesties in and can hardly wait to try them out. I got the whole set of ovals. Next month (which is very soon) I'm going to get the rectangles. Woo Hoo!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #211  
Die Cut Diva

So what is everyone's experience with the washing suggestion? I only did one die so far and had okay results but not as well as I was hoping - still a little dirty. My nesties are new.

What happened when you washed yours?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2008, 07:19 AM   #212  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by WizardGirlView Post
Hi Beth,

if you are having trouble with yur die cutting call the office monday 888-547-0400. We will replace the die for you. Spellbinders always will stand behind the quality of the product. What machine are you using to cut your die?

Stacey
Thank you. I use the Cuttlebug. It is just one of the circles. Should I send the whole set back or just the one that isn't cutting. Sorry it took me a while to see this ... busy week and I'm headed out of town for the weekend.

I can�t be overdrawn. I still have some checks!!
www.corgitales.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2008, 08:02 AM   #213  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess DeeView Post
Thank you. I use the Cuttlebug. It is just one of the circles. Should I send the whole set back or just the one that isn't cutting. Sorry it took me a while to see this ... busy week and I'm headed out of town for the weekend.

You might give Stacey a call. I don't think she look here all that often.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2008, 02:19 PM   #214  
Compulsive Stamper

Smile nestabilities

I have a few nestabilities sets and other Spellbinder dies. I use both the Cuttlebug and the old Sizzix. I am very pleased and have had no problems w/ these dies. I haven't noticed any of the paint peeling, and I have used them quite a bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2008, 09:20 AM   #215  
Matboard Maniac

Default Nestabilities - Dirty Edges?

I got the Nestibilities circle set at a stamp convention in the spring. I just got my ovals from ucutathome and have had no dirty edges with either set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 12:28 PM   #216  
Embossing Fanatic

Spellbinders devalue Aussie customers

One thing more frustrating than a faulty product is no product at all. I have been waiting on my set since March. Apparently Spellbinders US keep dropping the Australian orders to the bottom of the heap. I would love to find out if I have dirty edges but invisible ones are quite clean.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #217  
Rubber Obsessor

Hang in there Glenda, they may take a while to arrive but they are so worth it!
Anthea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #218  
Mad Swapper

Well, I have both the oval nestabilities as well as the scalloped one. I noted a little flaking of the paint on the cardstock but, it came off very easily. The other dies seem to work fine with no problems. I am awaiting a new shipment of the squares.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #219  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heidi BlankenshipView Post
Stephanie,
I won't tell...I know all about going over the spending limits!! LOL!!

I would suggest getting the shapes you think you would use the most, it's really a personal choice. I would recommend signing up for the Spellbinders news letter and also signing up for the Cut @ Home news letter. Cut @ Home offer a 40% OFF coupon every month...so you will be able to save big & get more of the dies you want!! Just as a reminder the NEW Spellbinders dies will be available in September.

Smiles!
Heidi
I took the plunge! I ordered the Large Circle & Square Scalloped Nesties and the embossing mat and am receiving the rectangle scalloped nesties in a trade and am going to order the large oval scalloped nesties next week! Wish they'd hurry up and get here! Can't wait to play! I've been drooling over these for a long time...so I'm excited to be getting them finally! The best part is, I got them for $18.99 a set (the ones I ordered) and free shipping! Gotta love internet shopping! LOL

Thanks for all the enabling ladies! Happy Stampin! God Bless!

Stephanie Vittorio

Stuff I've Stamped
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #220  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by binxView Post
So what is everyone's experience with the washing suggestion? I only did one die so far and had okay results but not as well as I was hoping - still a little dirty. My nesties are new.

What happened when you washed yours?
I'm curious too. While it's great that so many have ones that work well, I'd prefer to hear how your solutions worked. :confused: I only have a couple sizes of circles that are doing this so far (of course the sizes that I use with my new JustRite! :mad: ), and I haven't had a whole lot of time lately to do a bunch of trials. I guess I'm a little afraid to scrub 'em very hard - some of the paint always stays on the tape when I pull them off the paper- will I lose all the paint?? Just enough to cause a problem??
I know I'm going to have to do it :( but has anyone run into more trouble after washing?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2008, 03:11 PM   #221  
Pearl-ExPert

subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #222  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaCView Post
One thing more frustrating than a faulty product is no product at all. I have been waiting on my set since March. Apparently Spellbinders US keep dropping the Australian orders to the bottom of the heap. I would love to find out if I have dirty edges but invisible ones are quite clean.
That is one of threasons I bought mine straight frmo the US - much cheaper and much quicker to get them. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #223  
Polyshrink Goddess

subscribing, was finally going to order nesties tommorrow, maybe I should wait?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #224  
Hardware Hotshot

I bought 2 sets of nesties at a craft fair yesterday. Have tried one each of the small circle scallop and the classic square scallop and neither has left dirty marks, they don't emboss though. I used the sandwich one of the girls (cherylquilts) posted in this forum with my cuttlebug, but perhaps I should also insert a shim. Any ideas on this? Thanks.

Last edited by Ozcat; 08-24-2008 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: added name of girl to post
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #225  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzcatView Post
I bought 2 sets of nesties at a craft fair yesterday. Have tried one each of the small circle scallop and the classic square scallop and neither has left dirty marks, they don't emboss though. I used the sandwich one of the girls (cherylquilts) posted in this forum with my cuttlebug, but perhaps I should also insert a shim. Any ideas on this? Thanks.
I have 3 full sets of nesties. Only 1 oval cutter leaves a mark and it can be brushed off. I also found that each Cuttlebug is different w/ pressure for embossing. I have to use 2 cereal box pieces w/ 3 pieces of cardstock in the middle to get a good print. My friend only uses 2 cereal box pieces. I think I use mine more! Loosened it up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2008, 05:01 PM   #226  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzcatView Post
Are you using the tan embossing mat?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 02:39 AM   #227  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

Each Cuttlebug may be a little different, and you may have to experiment a little. If it doesn't emboss (you need to use the tan embossing mat), add a shim...one at a time and thinner first. You'll find the formula for you. Then mark each piece to remind yourself for the next time. I'm getting better all the time. I also found the new Plate B I purchased seems to work better in my CB than the old one I broke. Enjoy!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 03:08 AM   #228  

Subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 03:36 AM   #229  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappintlcView Post
Are you using the tan embossing mat?
I didn't know I needed one, the woman who sold them to me didn't mention it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 03:42 AM   #230  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylQuiltsView Post
Each Cuttlebug may be a little different, and you may have to experiment a little. If it doesn't emboss (you need to use the tan embossing mat), add a shim...one at a time and thinner first. You'll find the formula for you. Then mark each piece to remind yourself for the next time. I'm getting better all the time. I also found the new Plate B I purchased seems to work better in my CB than the old one I broke. Enjoy!

I really must get one of these mats soon. I will follow your advice, thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 03:45 AM   #231  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by molar101View Post
I have 3 full sets of nesties. Only 1 oval cutter leaves a mark and it can be brushed off. I also found that each Cuttlebug is different w/ pressure for embossing. I have to use 2 cereal box pieces w/ 3 pieces of cardstock in the middle to get a good print. My friend only uses 2 cereal box pieces. I think I use mine more! Loosened it up!
Thanks for that, I will give it a try. Three full sets! I am sooo jealous.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 03:51 AM   #232  
Die Cut Diva

You might also try gasket material which is available @ Walmart, Home Depot & Lowes. That's what I use and it works great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 03:56 AM   #233  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by KraftyChicView Post
You might also try gasket material which is available @ Walmart, Home Depot & Lowes. That's what I use and it works great!

That's a great idea, thanks for that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 09:13 AM   #234  
Kookie Creator

subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #235  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Defective nestability die

I also have had a problem with the nestability dies after about 25 cuts I noticed that on the dies the copper coating is coming off and on my rectangle die it doesn't make a complete cut. I called Spellbinders and the customer service person was less than sympathetic and I even offered to purchase a replacement die and was told that they couldn't break a set up like that. Then I spoke with a supervisor that was even less sympathetic and didn't even take my name and number to see if anything could be done to help me.

I then wrote the top four exec's at Spellbinders to tell them of my problem, the customer service experience and if I could purchase the two replacement dies. That was on Feb. 13, 2009 as of this date I have heard nothing, no call, no email, no letter.

I expected to hear from them. I expected that they would back their product, but this does not seem to be the case. Most companies go out of their way to resolve customer problem/complaints, but again, it does not seem so at Spellbinders. All I wanted was a replacement, I even was willing to pay for it even though the die was defective. They are really pricey if they are "consumable" after 25 uses.

I have rethough my decision to purchase more because of this experience even though I love the product, it doesn't hold up and the customer service from top to bottom is severely lacking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #236  
Polyshrink Goddess

I hear you! They aren't cheap (well, compared to similar amounts of punches I guess they are) but the copper coating on some of mine actually came off *on the tape* before I ever used them. Dirty edges? Yup. Complete disgust? Yup. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2009, 05:15 AM   #237  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

So what happens if a great deal of the copper coating comes off? Do they start to rust? I know the advice has been to wash them, but I don't know what that does to the dies themselves.

I am sorry to hear about your customer service experience. Maybe someone here at SCS will read about your experience and you will get some help or advice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2009, 05:39 AM   #238  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sea777View Post
I also have had a problem with the nestability dies after about 25 cuts I noticed that on the dies the copper coating is coming off and on my rectangle die it doesn't make a complete cut. I called Spellbinders and the customer service person was less than sympathetic and I even offered to purchase a replacement die and was told that they couldn't break a set up like that. Then I spoke with a supervisor that was even less sympathetic and didn't even take my name and number to see if anything could be done to help me.

I then wrote the top four exec's at Spellbinders to tell them of my problem, the customer service experience and if I could purchase the two replacement dies. That was on Feb. 13, 2009 as of this date I have heard nothing, no call, no email, no letter.

I expected to hear from them. I expected that they would back their product, but this does not seem to be the case. Most companies go out of their way to resolve customer problem/complaints, but again, it does not seem so at Spellbinders. All I wanted was a replacement, I even was willing to pay for it even though the die was defective. They are really pricey if they are "consumable" after 25 uses.

I have rethough my decision to purchase more because of this experience even though I love the product, it doesn't hold up and the customer service from top to bottom is severely lacking.
I have been on the DT for them since October of 2007, and have NEVER had a poor experience with anyone in customer service, or anyone affiliated with the company in any way, for that matter. Stacey Caron - the co-owner and President of Spellbinders -and her husband, Jeff, have a high level of expectation for customer service and satisfaction. I'm not sure who you talked to, but I can assure you that the response you received is not the norm. If you would like to p/m me back with your information (name, phone number), I can pass it along to someone I know and trust in customer service who I know will be more than willing to help you out.

They may ask that you return the entire set for replacement, as they need to return them as "whole" to the manufacturers in China. (They would send you out a new set as soon as they received the defective one.)

I'm sorry you had such a unhappy experience, as I can assure you I am baffled by the responses you received. Definitely not acceptable policy in any way. Rest assured that I am confident you can get the help you need and have a happy resolution to your situation . . .
Wickedly Wonderful Creations
I'm a FREAK!! Check out the latest Control Freaks Blog Tour
2012-13 Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2009, 05:46 AM   #239  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
So what happens if a great deal of the copper coating comes off? Do they start to rust? I know the advice has been to wash them, but I don't know what that does to the dies themselves.

I am sorry to hear about your customer service experience. Maybe someone here at SCS will read about your experience and you will get some help or advice.
There was a batch of dies that had issues with the copper coating some time around July of last year. You more than likely have a set of dies from that batch. The issue with the manufacturer has been resolved. However, if you purchased a set of dies from a store/online retailer that has had them in stock for a while it is possible that you got a set from that batch.

There was no recall at that time as the copper coating is purely aesthetic. The lack of it will not affect the way your dies perform at all, or how long they last. They will NOT rust, I can assure you. Scrubbing them in soap and water should resolve the issue.
Wickedly Wonderful Creations
I'm a FREAK!! Check out the latest Control Freaks Blog Tour
2012-13 Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2009, 08:08 AM   #240  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I wiped one of my circle sets off with baby wipes to see if that would get rid of the dirty edges, but it hasn't. I haven't tried giving them a bath yet, not sure I have the time nor patience for that.

And yes, my copper coating has been coming off, too, with scotch tape or flaking off after passing through my wizard.
Reply With Quote Likes