Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-14-2017, 06:47 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 934 Likes on 855 Posts
Default Mixing cutting plates with other machines

Ok so I own a Big Kick and have all the special extra plates. You know....the magnetic plate, crease plate, precission cutting, extra colored cutting plates, embossing pad, extended platform and extended cutting plates.......whewww..lol. Now I'm thinking of buying the new larger cutting surface machines. Either the Big Shot Plus or the Spellbinders Platinum. There is a price difference BSP being $`49 on Amazon with only standard plates included and the SP for $93 on amazon with only standard plates. Both are great machines and will do what I wanted (a larger platform for my Anna Griffin dies) but......I have all these extra plates from my BK that would be able to be used in the new BSP but can I use them in the Spellbinders one? Or do I need to replace every single plate I own if I go with the Spellbinders? Such a hard decision for me because I like the profile of the Spellbinders one better since the foot print can be changed when not in use. Help...need input. TIA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2017, 08:17 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Cuttlebug with all the plates and purchased the Bigshot Plus and all the plates fit. I do not own the big kick so I am not sure. You would think at least some of them will work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2017, 02:04 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Just added info....the Big Kick and the regular Big Shot are the same machine. All the plates I am talking about are for both machines.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2017, 03:31 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Kick and the Plus and the KicK's plates fit the Plus. You can rotate them and they work across as well as up and dowm, This makes it easy to get a good cut. .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2017, 05:39 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by southgirlView Post
I have the Kick and the Plus and the KicK's plates fit the Plus. You can rotate them and they work across as well as up and dowm, This makes it easy to get a good cut. .
Thank you I heard that they could be used in the Plus and work great...my real question is can those same plates work in the Spellbinders machine. I thought for sure someone would know the answer but maybe no one ever tried to interchange.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2017, 04:01 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have my Platinum here in NYs. to double check, but I believe the Big Shot plates are not the same thickness as the ones in the Platinum, and are therefore not transferrable. I seem to remember trying to use the Cuttlebug plates in the Spellbinder's machine, and it wouldn't work. I suspect the big shot and cuttlebug plates are interchangeable. Maybe someone else can verify that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2017, 04:46 AM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I can see that as a real concern. Those add up to real money!

While trying to find something on this...I found this review of platinums that mentions the use of non sizzix product like EFs in it...I dont know if you have seen this. also that at this time anyway (1 year ago) they dont have a full size clear cutting plate, you use two sideways. it is at 18:58

I notice the base plate does not have tabs like for the big shot. If you could just get dimensions on it you might be able to tell. I have not been able to find the regular base platform so far, only the magnetic. Unless they are the same thing? They look alike.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2017, 07:43 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember way back when...I learned I did not have to use a certain brand. Sometimes you just need to try it to see if it fits. Do you have a LSS nearby? If so do they have the platinum? Are you in any crafting group ask them if they think it might work. Sometimes a manufacturer will say only our plates will fit because they want to sell their brand.
Reply With Quote Likes