Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #41  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would like to know the mistake as well.. I bought my before Christmas and have not had time to use it yet
now that the Holidays are over, I can start crafting again
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #42  
Crimping Master

Default It isn't the actual product...

But if you cut your paper the size it says and score where it says, the envelope doesn't come out the right size. One of them, can't remember which one right now is way off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #43  
Compulsive Stamper

Just wanted to let you know, Joan will be shipping my MS Scoring Board on Monday, talked with Joan on the phone today and she is so nice. Just repeating from my earlier post her website for those that may be interested in ordering online because if you are like me, Michaels is a bit too far to go looking for something that may or may not be there.
http://joanscreations.blogspot.com/2...a-stewart
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #44  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I found by doing a online search. That Ellen Hutson Will be getting more towards the end of Jan 2010. It cost $19.99.

Martha Stewart Score Board

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone know if these are or going to be available in Canada?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2010, 07:52 AM   #46  
Compulsive Stamper

btt.....had an email from Joan's Garden...she has received a shipment of Martha Stewart Score Boards. You can find them at this link....
http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
I ordered one and it has shipped.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #47  
Glitter Queen

Okay, wow! Joan's Garden mailed mine Saturday and it was waiting for me in todays mail when I got home from work. That was super fast delivery. Excellent service and worth the full price plus shipping I paid. I will definitely be ordering from her again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #48  
Crimping Master

I purchased mine today at 30% off (sale) and can't wait to try it out! (It was the last one in the store)

I have one of the first score pals that have fewer "grooves" and didn't want to have to pay for another one but this one by MS seems to have plenty and was a great deal at 14$
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #49  
Matboard Maniac

I have both the SP and MS score boards............ I thought for a few minutes before posting this because you all are so enthusiastic.........

The ScorePal is a much better product......... I have yet to jump out of the track....... I jump track all the time with the MS score board. The tool that comes with the MS board actually bends in my hand and becomes very uncomfortable to hold and use.

I bought my MS score board with a 50% off coupon, and its worth 10 dollars, but the Score Pal is a better product IMHO. If the Score Pal is in the budget, that would be my choice......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #50  
Stampin' Fool

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I also had trouble with the MS scoring tool jumping out of the track. Then I read a suggestion somewhere on this site that said an SU bone folder works great instead of using the provided tool. They were right, it works GREAT! Love how simple and easy it is for me to do great scoring now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2010, 06:16 AM   #51  
Inking Addict

Default purchasing score board

hi all although I don't have the ms score board yet I have purchased lots of items through Joan at http://joanscreations.blogspot.com/. She only charges what she has to pay for shipping and her prices are always great. Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grandma Pixel - I agree with you. I, too, had to use something else as the scoring tool - bone folder or ball end of embossing tool. The scoring tool that is provided is too thin and feel like a cheap plastic knife. As you are trying to go slow enough not jump out of a groove, you hold the tool tighter so it begins to hurt your hand. I marked the most used grooves with a ultra-fine BIC colored pen. There are sooo many grooves (which can be good/bad), if the tool jumped out of one, your might start using another by mistake.

Got the MS scoreboard out of curiosity but will use it only in an emergency or when I am with a group. Got it with a coupon at Michael's. Guess it is worth the discounted price??

Love my ScorPal!! It is so worth the difference in cost. I am not a math person but am able make the little adjustments necessary when doing multiple scorelines. It is out all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #53  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs NoofyView Post
Anyone know if these are or going to be available in Canada?
Absolutely are available in Canada... If you can get it in Newfoundland, they must be in the rest of Canada... I got mine at Michael's
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #54  
Crimping Master

As mentioned above, I have jumped out of the track with my MS scoreboard. I am wondering if it is because I have been using the Scor-pal for so long that you get used to a certain "feel". Because of that, I must say that I do prefer the Scor-pal. But, I like having all the scorelines that MS has on hers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2010, 07:26 AM   #55  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyNurseView Post
if the reason they are so hard to find is because they are correcting the mistake with the envelope template with it. I e-mailed them about it and got a letter back saying they would forward it to the manufacturing division and when it was corrected they would get back to me. I still like and use mine, but it would make it a lot nicer if the scoring measurements were correct for the envelopes.
Would you be so kind to let us know when you hear back from them? I am interested in buying this board for the envelope template, (and less calculating) but was disappointed when I heard it doesn't make the envelopes the proper size. TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2010, 09:25 AM   #56  
Cardstock Collector

Smile MARTHA STEWART SCORING BOARD

Do you see me smiling? I'm the happy recipient of a Martha Stewart Scoring Board!
I've been giving it a "test drive" the past couple of days and must honestly
say that I really do love it. I do own a Scor-Pal, which I am also very happy with, but needed a board that allowed me to score at 1/8" intervals without having to constantly shift my paper. The MS Scoring Board comes with a little bonus, an envelope guide with permanent markings stamped on it for several standard envelope sizes. So, in addition to making cards with intricate folds, I've now been able to make matching envelopes.
The board also has a compartment above the board for storing the scoring tool and a slot under the board for housing the envelope guide. I've played with it using a number of paper weights and all weights have a nice crisp score line.
For those of you who seem to be having difficulty locating this product, try atjoansgardens. Joan is extremely helpful, ships quickly and has a wide range of other products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #57  
Glitter Queen

can you tell me what her shipping rates are? thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #58  
Cardstock Collector

Smile Martha Stewart Scoring Board

When scoring on the MS Scoring Board, be sure to use the scoring tool that comes with this board and not the tool that comes with any other scoring board. I made that mistake and it does make a difference.
Also, the angle at which you hold your scoring tool will vary from one scoring board product to another.
As far as the envelope concerns, I've made all of the envelopes and had no problems at all. Just be sure to use the exact scoring points recommended on the envelope guide and watch how you fold each of the flaps together.
Don't forget to cut out the small triangles in between scores. The size of these small triangles vary on the same envelope. But, they will fold up nicely into a perfect envelope.
I purposely made every single one of the envelopes in the same pattern of paper to keep next to my work table so that I would have a finished envelope as a guide when making my cards. I wrote all of the information from the MS scoring envelope guide on each envelope. I've found my samples to be extremely useful and time saving.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #59  
Cardstock Collector

Joan only charges what it costs her to ship.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #60  
Cardstock Collector

Smile Martha Stewart Scoring Board - Shipping Rates, etc.

You can check with Joan about her shipping rates by contacting her at this email address:
[email protected]

She will be more than happy to answer any of your questions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #61  
Crimping Master

BBrock,
Do the envelopes fit the standard card, or is there a lot of extra room? The complaints that I heard on the envelope template was that if you follow the measurements that come with the MS board you end up with an envelope that is too big for the standard measurement cards. What is your experience? Also, do you like the scoring tool? TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #62  
Die Cut Diva

Well, I'm still stalking my local Michael's trying to find one of these. I called them again today (probably tired of me calling-LOL!) and they say they have six on order, so maybe soon................

The more we thank, the more we discover we have to be thankful for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #63  
Glitter Queen

I am really new to this cardmaking thing...and thought I'd make my pwn valentines...after reading all the forums...I thought I would get the M>S.product...unavailable in my area of Michigan...so think I will get the scor pal. Sam's club has a work station with a board and scoring tool and other things for scrapbooking...It is made by Helix and costs about $70.00. Has anyone purchased that product? Do you like it? I also need to know what kind of glue runner to get for making cards and boxes...any advice is very appreciated..thanks, jeannee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 03:21 AM   #64  
Glitter Queen

Good news. I just purchased the MS Scoring Board. My michaels had six of them in stock. I was shocked to find them. They are 30% off. I know Icould have waited to use the 40% coupon, but did not want to take a chance and there not be any left. I am going to use it this week-end. Thanks to everyone that answered my emails.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 03:22 AM   #65  
Cardstock Collector

Post Martha Stewart Scoring Board - Envelopes

Annie,
Following the directions, I began with a 10 3/4" x 10 3/4" paper and scored it following the measurements on the MS envelope guide.
The finished envelope measures approx. 4 1/4" x 6 7/8", so there is a bit more room in the finished MS envelope.
I'm very fussy about my finished work, and this tiny bit of extra on the envelope does not detract from the presentation.
I've had no problems with the scoring tool.

Last edited by BBrock; 01-15-2010 at 03:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 06:05 AM   #66  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBrockView Post
Annie,
Following the directions, I began with a 10 3/4" x 10 3/4" paper and scored it following the measurements on the MS envelope guide.
The finished envelope measures approx. 4 1/4" x 6 7/8", so there is a bit more room in the finished MS envelope.
I'm very fussy about my finished work, and this tiny bit of extra on the envelope does not detract from the presentation.
I've had no problems with the scoring tool.
Thanks for your helpful answers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #67  
Glitter Queen

Bummed Out, I live an hour away from our Michaels, so I called to see if they had one. They don't even know what I am talking about. lol I also checked with Hobby Lobby, and Wal-Mart, no luck. I went on-line to the MS site and they don't even have one. Does anyone know where can I at least look at one? I might decide to get one on-line if I saw it and compared it to the Scor-Pal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #68  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanneeView Post
I am really new to this cardmaking thing...and thought I'd make my pwn valentines...after reading all the forums...I thought I would get the M>S.product...unavailable in my area of Michigan...so think I will get the scor pal. Sam's club has a work station with a board and scoring tool and other things for scrapbooking...It is made by Helix and costs about $70.00. Has anyone purchased that product? Do you like it? I also need to know what kind of glue runner to get for making cards and boxes...any advice is very appreciated..thanks, jeannee
Jeannee, I would go with the Scor-Pal, it's more reasonable a price than the Helix and I think you will be very happy with the Scor-Pal! Do you want some links for where to buy the Scor-Pal from?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #69  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanneeView Post
For tape for making boxes, I recommend Scor-Tape - made by the same people who make the Scor-Pal. It's really strong, and it's easy to use. I buy the 1/8", the 1/4" and the 1/2". It is double-stick tape. You tear off the piece you want from the roll, place it down on your project, then peel off the backing. Scor-Tape is a very reasonable price for adhesive, you get a lot for the money and it works very well. 1/4" is the size I use the most, I'd recommend starting with that one.

When making cards, I use E-Z Runner adhesive, by Scrapbook Adhesives (made by 3M). You can buy it at Joann or www.scrapbookingalley.com. I buy mine often at Joann with a coupon, I get the two pack.

If you are going to buy both the Scor-Tape and the Scor-Pal, I reccomend buying it from Gina K Designs. She has amazing customer service, and free shipping over $50.

Let me know if you have any more questions, and WELCOME to SCS! It's the best craftin'/scrappin/card makin site on the web
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #70  
BA
Polyshrink Goddess

After looking at the Scor-Pal, Score-It and the MS ScoreBoard, I purchased the MS ScoreBoard today at Michaels. My store had 5 in stock and they were on sale! I think I only paid $13.99 for it.
My main purpose for wanting a scoring tool is that I will be using it for grid lines/score lines on my cards.
What I liked about the MS ScoreBoard is that there are score marks for every 1/8". The bonus for me was that it also came with a triangular piece primarily used for making the envelopes but I found that it holds your cardstock (for cards) on a diagonal which makes scoring diagonally super easy!

I did make all of the envelopes listed on the tool and have marked them so I know what size card fits into each.

I am pleased with my purchase!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 07:40 PM   #71  
Compulsive Stamper

I have been stalking my Michael's for weeks. lots of calls...they didn't know what I was talking about either btw. They had 3 of them today. The MS stuff was 30% and the gal let me use a 50% coupon also for a grand total of $6.99 How do you beat a deal like that?!
BUT the back of the package has the contents listed and it says "Project Booklet" but mine didn't come with one. The front of the package says "3 Items", which I assume means the board, the tool, and the envelope maker thingy. Did anyone else get a project booklet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #72  
Crimping Master

Sounds like you got a great deal. I am still waiting for them to arrive at my Michaels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 01:03 PM   #73  
Matboard Maniac

I'm not sure if anyone is interested but I ordered one of these off of twopeas last night. It was 19.99 and I got free shipping because I ordered $50 worth of stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #74  
Mad Swapper

I finally used my MS Score Board this week and I must say, I do love it. I found the scoring tool a bit sharp? I don't know if that's right, but I think I applied too much paper to my CS and it cut right through the paper (SU CS). I adjusted my pressure, and didn't have any problems at all. I also bought a MS bone folder (in PINK with a little bling on it), and it works very well also in the MS Score Board, and much more sturdy/substantial to hold.

I also made an envelope in the A2 size.. and while it was a little bit big, it wasn't sloppy big. I don't mind having a little wiggle room as most of my cards have several layers and ribbon etc. which takes up a lot of space. I think I'd rather have a little extra room than it be too snug and "poochy."

GPGal, I did get a little "booklet" in mine, if you want to call it that. It basically gives you instructions on how to score an A2 card (duh..), how to make an envie.. which the instructions are right on the tool and on the back of the packaging, so no real need for that either, and how to score a gate fold card. That's it, so if you didn't get that, you didn't miss out on anything.

Overall, I do love this board. I love the 1/8" increments.. no more guesswork and trying to scoot the paper to the proper measurement like with the Scor Pal. Don't get me wrong, I just LOVE my Scor Pal and have used it faithfully since I bought it when they first came out, but I think I'll probably use Martha's board more now because of the convenience of more lines. My only real complaint with Martha's board is I have a heck of a time getting the score tool compartment open-- I feel like I'm going to break it sometimes. But that's not a deal breaker for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2010, 02:43 AM   #75  
Matboard Maniac

Default Tutorial using Martha's Score Board

I did a tutorial using Martha's Score Board using the envelope template and
showing some of the features of the board.

You can see the tutorial at www.atjoansgardens.com

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at [email protected]

I hope this helps.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2010, 06:42 AM   #76  

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikiBeeView Post
My only real complaint with Martha's board is I have a heck of a time getting the score tool compartment open-- I feel like I'm going to break it sometimes. But that's not a deal breaker for me.
I had a hard time with this at first as well, but I found out that it opens easier if I push the door upwards towards the top of the board rather than trying to open it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #77  
Crimping Master

Default Thank you for that tip

I can now open that thing the FIRST time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #78  
Mad Swapper

Thanks Patty! I just love this place. I always learn something or leave with some fabulous tip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2010, 11:53 AM   #79  

You're welcome I'm glad that I was able to help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #80  
Kookie Creator

I found the board at my local Michaels yesterday - they had several. They must have just received a shipment because they didn't have any a couple of weeks ago when I was looking.
Reply With Quote Likes