Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Martha Stewart Glitter

Has anyone else bought any? I just bought the Fire Opal color today, on a whim- well that and I wanted an orangy/copper color to play with. I have to honestly say that in my opinion, the price isn't all that bad for the amount you get- I played with it tonight and holy cow if I make it thru that jar in a year I'll be surprised. I can't wait to get other colors too. I told my dh, and the first thing he asked was "is it as fine as the SU kind?" The answer for those who have wondered the same, is yes- and it's got this kick butt shaker top!!! Ok, I just wanted to know what other people's opinions are. Thanks for reading and sharing my little exciting purchase of the day. lol

I have the coolest sister in the world, navybrat75!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't have any but I've heard wonderful things about it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

I've heard rave reviews of the MS glitter, but I totally missed the part about the "kick butt shaker top"!!! That sold me on it - I'm going to get some for that reason alone. Thanks for including this important detail with your review.

My beef with using regular glitter is that you have to pour a glob out to cover anything and then get all back in the container without it ending up all over your body, your desk and the floor. :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

My DD bought me some last week and I have still to be successful in using it. I've never used a lot of glitter and when I did I used Stickles so I'm having trouble using the MS glitter. It's beautiful (turquoise and chocolate) and I really want to use it on some stamped images. I bought the essential glue pad (hopefully I got that name right), stamped my rubber on the glue pad then covered the stamped image with the glitter. I let it dry for an hour and the glitter still rubbed off! I'm going to buy some heat and stick powder next month with my SU! order, but there must be a way to get it to stick to a stamped image. I realize it'll stick to sticky strip tape but I want to use it on a stamped image. What have you been doing with it (stamped images, borders, etc) and how have you been applying it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2008, 09:21 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I don't have the glitter (yet), but everyting else I have gotten has been first class!!! LOVE her stuff and it is NOT more expensive!

http://camanocardmaker.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2008, 10:38 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Good to know. Have you tried glitter from the Art Glitter Institute? They carry so many colors--more colors than I ever knew ever existed...from very fine to chunky glass glitter. They are the Glitter experts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2008, 04:07 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

I love the MS glitter The first one I purchased was black for Halloween cards. Liked it so much I picked up other colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2008, 07:09 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Smile

Can't get enough of it. Use your coupons to amass a large selection. The best deal out there for glitter. Gotta have them all. Off to get more!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2008, 07:39 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I will have to get some. I just realized I don't have any glitter at all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

I have to say I really like MS glitter. The color choices are great, but I love around the holidays and there are the coordinated sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2008, 02:33 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Love it, love it! I put it on my Xmas list and DH got me 6 bottles in my stocking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

I bought the black glitter last Halloween to glitter the bats on my Halloween card (punched with the MS bat punch). They turned out great. I wouldn't have any qualms about buying other colors. Probably one of the best values in the MS aisle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #13  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by grams4eandeView Post
I bought the essential glue pad (hopefully I got that name right), stamped my rubber on the glue pad then covered the stamped image with the glitter. I let it dry for an hour and the glitter still rubbed off!
I haven't used the glue stamp pad myself, but I've read that it works best on coated papers (ie. glossy cardstock). What kind of paper are you using?

I picked up some heat and stick type embossing powder from Eureka stamps to start using with my growing stash of MS glitters with stamped images.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Oh glad to hear all these rave reviews!! Before Easter Michaels had a three pack of glitter with glue for $15.99 so I purchased it with a 40% off coupon and have yet to use it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 11:31 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Update..lol I just bought more! It's an odd addiction.. Todays color purchases were Tourmaline and Brownstone- can't wait to play!

I have the coolest sister in the world, navybrat75!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 08:12 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Default Just using regular CS

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahloumelView Post
I haven't used the glue stamp pad myself, but I've read that it works best on coated papers (ie. glossy cardstock). What kind of paper are you using?

I picked up some heat and stick type embossing powder from Eureka stamps to start using with my growing stash of MS glitters with stamped images.

I'm using regular white CS. I didn't realize the glue pad was best on coated paper. I received a tip to "paint" crystal effects on my rubber stamp and then stamp it -- I tried it yesterday and it does hold more glitter but I notice that a lot still comes off when I rub my finger over it (as opposed to something like Stickles that when it dries it stays on -- unless you really work hard at rubbing it off). So, I'm still experimenting and eventually I'll find what works. I really appreciate all the tips I've received from folks to help me get over being "glitter challenged" because the Turquoise glitter is so beautiful I just have to use lots of it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 10:34 PM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Before I bought her glitter, I read rave reviews on SCS. Her black is very black and looks great! Her Crystal Fine is like SU! Dazzling Diamonds. (She also has a Crystal coarse.) Her Caramara Marble is white on paper. W/ coupon at M's, I got her pack that included her glue. It works well, but I'm like a 1st grader when it comes to smearin' glue. I have to use a really fine paintbrush. I now use Diamond Glaze w/ the paintbrush! Don't use a cheap kid's brush, it'll leave streaks and just won't cover well. With any glitter, I paint on the glue then heavily cover w/ glitter. Very gently, I lift my proj. vertically so the excess glitter falls off. Then I lay it down to dry completely. Then and not til then, I pick it up and thump the back of the card to remove all unstuck glitter. I've found that if you want a mega heavy coverage, just paint on more DG and re-glitter. Just be SURE to wash that paintbrush ASAP!!!
I have about 9 bottles and have used a coupon for all except for a couple that were on clearance. I don't feel like I've played til I get glitter all over me. ;)
May God bless, Sandi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 04:33 AM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Absolutely LOVE it! I have tons of colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 04:44 AM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernStormView Post
Before I bought her glitter, I read rave reviews on SCS. Her black is very black and looks great! Her Crystal Fine is like SU! Dazzling Diamonds. (She also has a Crystal coarse.) Her Caramara Marble is white on paper. W/ coupon at M's, I got her pack that included her glue. It works well, but I'm like a 1st grader when it comes to smearin' glue. I have to use a really fine paintbrush. I now use Diamond Glaze w/ the paintbrush! Don't use a cheap kid's brush, it'll leave streaks and just won't cover well. With any glitter, I paint on the glue then heavily cover w/ glitter. Very gently, I lift my proj. vertically so the excess glitter falls off. Then I lay it down to dry completely. Then and not til then, I pick it up and thump the back of the card to remove all unstuck glitter. I've found that if you want a mega heavy coverage, just paint on more DG and re-glitter. Just be SURE to wash that paintbrush ASAP!!!
I have about 9 bottles and have used a coupon for all except for a couple that were on clearance. I don't feel like I've played til I get glitter all over me. ;)
May God bless, Sandi
I haven't had much success with the glue pad. I use Zig 2-way glue pen, or Crystal Effects to apply glitter with success.
Reply With Quote Likes