Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-13-2007, 05:38 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking at a Quickutz

Is this a good tool to get? Pros? Cons? I would appreciated an input. (FYI -- I have no experience with any of the die cut tools). THANKS!!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 06:40 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I had a quickutz and didn't like it. A lady at my lss had one and loved it. I thought the letters were small and it was odd to use. I sold it to a friend who was dying for it, for half price ,and now she isn't too happy with it either. I love my new cuttlebug.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 06:59 AM   #3  
Inking Addict

I love the quickutz dies. I would recommend the revolution because it cut's bigger fonts. They have the best alphabets IMHO... and they come in different sizes. Love the products!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 07:33 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

A QuicKutz Squeeze hand tool was the first die cut machine I bought 'cos I loved their shape dies and alphabets. As I got more into die cuts I wanted to use other comapnies dies - and a QK Squeeze ONLY takes QK regular 2"x2" dies. So I bought a Sizzix Sidekick (and then later still I now own a Sizzix Big Kick) and sold my Squeeze hand tool. I successfully use my QK dies (and Cuttlebug, Sizzix and Ellison products) in my Sidekick and Big Kick machines.

I would say don't go for the hand tool option as it's too limiting. The QK Revolution would be a better choice - if you can use competitors dies in it successfully. I don't have one so I'm unsure.

From my own experience, I'd say a crafter needs to keep her options open so go for a machine that will take everything on the market! Check out the Revolution compatibility - but I know Big Shots, Big Kicks and Cuttlebugs are multi die friendly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 07:45 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I love my QK and would buy again. I also just bought a Cuttlebug with my 50% coupon to use the Revolution dies in it. I am not sure I would purchase the Revolution as you can only use QK dies!! Cuttlebug you can use anyones dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 08:31 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

The QK Squeeze handtool was the first diecut tool I got and I still love it---I go to crops and it's very portable (as are the 2x2 dies in the QK binder). I do now own a Cuttlebug and really like that for home use. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 09:39 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I own a qk revolution but before I owned that one I already had the circut which is electronic. So for me it doesn't bother me that its limited to dies.

The only other dies the qk revolution can take is bosskuts & spellbinders

Its a great machine though I LOVE it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 08:11 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Question

i have the quickutz squeeze (first edition) and I am too weak to use it. I would like to get the table top revolution, but don't want to spend $100 and up. I could have gotten one in March for a March Madness sale at $70 which was a good price. Does any one know where I could find one for under 100 dollars? They have cookie cutter dies that save paper and also are just cool too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2007, 08:00 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I would get a cuttlebug, then you can emboss, plus you can use any quikutz dies you want. I have both but now mainly use the cuttlebug to cut out dies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2007, 10:33 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love my QK hand tool, use it all the time cause it's so portable. On a side note, it's also a great home security tool cause it's heavy and would knock someone out for quite a while if you brained them with it....ROFLMAO!!!

I have the Revolution and the Cuttlebug as well, but still only travel to crops with my original hand tool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2007, 06:18 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by kell17View Post
i have the quickutz squeeze (first edition) and I am too weak to use it. I would like to get the table top revolution, but don't want to spend $100 and up. I could have gotten one in March for a March Madness sale at $70 which was a good price. Does any one know where I could find one for under 100 dollars? They have cookie cutter dies that save paper and also are just cool too.
Have you considered the Cuttlebug? You can use most dies and the embossing folders are great. You can probably get it for under $50 with a coupon if you have a Michaels or JoAnn in your area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2007, 05:04 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Thumbs up Love my QK...

I have the Quickutz hand tool and the Revolution. I watched this system for 3 years before making my decision to purchase. The main reasons for loving this system are:
1. Portability-I can carry the hand tool and a binder which holds well over 5 entire alphabets plus very many individual dies in a tote bag. Perfect for the person who attends crops outside of her home.
2. No electricity required. No special seating needed at a crop-can be used at any table.
3. I personally love all their fonts and their dies.
4. Their prices are competative with other systems on the market.
5. I use the QK system for card making and scrapbooking.

Ask yourself what your needs/desires are in a system, how much will you actually use any system. Basically, by process of elimination I made my decision.
Sizzix -too heavy, bulky-not easily transported.
Cricut/Wishblade/Silhouette -I'm not computer savvy, needs electricity-no die cutting when the power's out-one of my favorite times to scrap/make cards. Plus, you must make special requests at crops for an electrical outlet.
Cuttlebug -has cute fonts but for as much & as often as I use my system, a plastic base did not impress me for durability.
Ellison -would be my second choice after Quickutz but the base is a bit big for my liking.
Hope this helps. If you have an opportunity, try them all out! If you decide to go w/QK the best place I have found to purchase from is Crazyscraps.com
Their prices cannot be beat and their customer service is awesome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2007, 09:02 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

I love my Quickutz handle, it is easy to take with you. I also bought a Cuttlebug, which i use the Quickutz larger dies that are designed for the Revolution and they work perfect in it. Has anybody tried the new cookie cutters yet. I bought the scalloped one and it is perfect. I have been looking for the scallop punches, but the cookie cutter has 7 different sizes in one package.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2007, 08:30 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

I have had 4 die cutting systems and am now down to 3. The quickutz tool is definitely hardest to use (on the hands) of all the systems especailly if you are cutting out lots of letters or whatever. I didn't get rid of it though because of its portability. I would recommend getting a big kick through Costco online. It will take any diecuts and if you purchase the MPP, it will emboss and texturize with any companies' plates. It has a crank handle and can take multiple CB or QK dies at a time. I think it is sturdier though more expensive than a CB. The Revolution's base isn't as wide as the Big Kick or the CB.

My Gallery
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=52833
Reply With Quote Likes