Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-26-2009, 05:42 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The letterpress can you use with Cuttlebug

I was wondering if anyone knew whether you could use the letterpress items with the Cuttlebug instead of the Epic 6. Here is a link to it for those that don't know about this item. http://www.ohmycrafts.com/letterpressstarterkit.aspx

www.NicoleEBecker.myctmh.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Default I was just wondering the same thing!

How funny that I was just looking this up on Google and your post came up and you just posted it a little bit ago.

I have a feeling that you can use the letterpress kit in the Cuttlebug since the Epic Six has a 6" opening like the Cuttlebug. You might have to play around with the "sandwich", but I would think it should work.

Has anyone actually tried it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I just found this on a website...so it sounds like they are pretty much the same thing:

"Quickutz Inc. states the main difference between the Provocraft Cuttlebug and the Quickutz Epic Six is the Epic 6 was made to distribute the pressure more evenly on the cutting surface so the user can get more of a clean and even cut on your dies."

And then I found this on another site:

"Apparently, there have already been some issues with the Quickutz Epic 6 manual die cutting machine that has just been released. Current problems seem to center around the fact that the Epic does not always cut nicely through existing/previously released dies. "
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2009, 11:27 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

The Letterpress won't ship till late Sept./early Oct., so no one has tried it other that QK people/DT members. Rumor has it that it can be used with the Big Shot.

Molly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

I think the answer is that "yes," we can use it in other machines. But I don't know quite how yet. Hopefully some sort of adaptor kit will be offered that we can use to fit this into our machines. Otherwise we'll be rigging up our own shims to make it work.

So far they are only taking pre-orders, so no one has one yet that can report on compatibility. But based on the measurements (the Epic 6 opening is not as thick as the Big Kick, for example) it should fit. It's just a matter of getting the right sandwich thickness.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

This would be so great. I just showed the Letterpress to my honey, he looked and then walked away. Cannot wait. Can you imagine being able to make your own quality stationary? That would be so very cool.

www.NicoleEBecker.myctmh.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Default L Letterpress in Wizard or Cuttlebug

Today I purchased the L Letterpress, and I look forward to using it. I was hoping I might be able to use it in my Cuttlebug or Wizard since I already own and like those. While the letterpress can fit inside the Cuttlebug, it is so tight by width that it does not roll, and I was not able to make it work. If someone makes it work, I would be interested in knowing how. The letterpress is too thick to fit in the Wizard. As of this evening, I am now the owner of a Big Shot, which I am sure I will find useful. Other people have already posted on blogs their success using the Big Shot with the L Letterpress.

Anita
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Yes, I asked my QC rep this at CHA and he said you can use your CB.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 05:23 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

You can use it with the Big Shot, but not the Cuddlebug. Here is a link to explain:

http://onelittlespark.typepad.com/on.../my-entry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 09:15 AM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

Default work with the cuttlebug, yes or no?

i've been reading and reading and i can't find a clear answer. does the Letterpress plates work with the cuttlebug? and if they do not, can someone tell me why not? i really don't want to buy another die cut machine if i don't have to. it's bad enough i own a cricut and a silhouette!
thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #11  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by lillypView Post
i've been reading and reading and i can't find a clear answer. does the Letterpress plates work with the cuttlebug? and if they do not, can someone tell me why not? i really don't want to buy another die cut machine if i don't have to. it's bad enough i own a cricut and a silhouette!
thanks
It is too thick to work in the Cuttlebug. Here is the link explaining it in detail:

http://onelittlespark.typepad.com/on.../my-entry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #12  
Glitter Queen

Can you use normal stamping ink with it, or does it have to be the kind they sell?? I like to mix stuff but have the colors match. I have Stampin' Up ink pads and noticed that SU is selling plates now to letterpress with the big shot... can you use the same ink like that on the L Letterpress?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauraishamView Post
It is too thick to work in the Cuttlebug. Here is the link explaining it in detail:

one little spark ...: letterpress ...
Sorry to disagree with some of the posts here, but I use the letterpress with my Cuttlebug. You may need a shim, depending on the paper you use.

Here are links to cards I did using the letterpres with my bug:

IC238 Letterpress Baby.nk by NancyK. - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

IC234, FS173 with Letterpress.nk by NancyK. - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsforfunView Post
Can you use normal stamping ink with it, or does it have to be the kind they sell?? I like to mix stuff but have the colors match. I have Stampin' Up ink pads and noticed that SU is selling plates now to letterpress with the big shot... can you use the same ink like that on the L Letterpress?
I'm wondering the same thing... I was planning on trying Craft ink since that is the suggested ink for the Stampin' Up letterpress plates. I did just get the letterpress starter kit from my mom for my birthday so I guess if no one else has tried different ink I'll report back with how it works if I get around to trying!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 05:23 AM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by krissievView Post
I'm wondering the same thing... I was planning on trying Craft ink since that is the suggested ink for the Stampin' Up letterpress plates. I did just get the letterpress starter kit from my mom for my birthday so I guess if no one else has tried different ink I'll report back with how it works if I get around to trying!
I tried using some memento ink on the letterpress plates and while it did print it was not a very sharp impression. Stamping ink does not work as well as the letterpress ink. The effect was more watercolor-y with the stamping ink.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2010, 06:25 AM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyK.View Post
Sorry to disagree with some of the posts here, but I use the letterpress with my Cuttlebug. You may need a shim, depending on the paper you use.

Here are links to cards I did using the letterpres with my bug:

IC238 Letterpress Baby.nk by NancyK. - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

IC234, FS173 with Letterpress.nk by NancyK. - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Nancy, what combination of plates and what have you used for shims. Have you used a rubber mat at all with them? I've been working on my sandwich recipe to use the letterpress plates in my Cuttlebug also but I'm struggling a little bit and actually just broke my C-Plate in my experiements. What did you use to get your good impression. I either get just an inked image with no impression at all or it cuts through my paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindy501View Post
Nancy, what combination of plates and what have you used for shims. Have you used a rubber mat at all with them? I've been working on my sandwich recipe to use the letterpress plates in my Cuttlebug also but I'm struggling a little bit and actually just broke my C-Plate in my experiements. What did you use to get your good impression. I either get just an inked image with no impression at all or it cuts through my paper.
I purchased the starter kit which included the letterpress tool. This is the thing that you flip open and place your paper on one side and the inked plates on the other side then close it up and feed it through the cuttlebug. If you are using the letterpress paper (or other thick paper like Crane's Lettra paper) you should not need any other shims with the letterpress tool. If you do not have the letterpress tool then it may be rather difficult to line up your inked plate onto the paper without it moving.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by CakeJunkieView Post
I just found this on a website...so it sounds like they are pretty much the same thing:

"Quickutz Inc. states the main difference between the Provocraft Cuttlebug and the Quickutz Epic Six is the Epic 6 was made to distribute the pressure more evenly on the cutting surface so the user can get more of a clean and even cut on your dies."

And then I found this on another site:

"Apparently, there have already been some issues with the Quickutz Epic 6 manual die cutting machine that has just been released. Current problems seem to center around the fact that the Epic does not always cut nicely through existing/previously released dies. "
LOL So apparently we can believe which ever comment we choose to believe . LOL
Ya gotta love it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #19  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Just a little more help...please!

I purchased the starter kit which included the letterpress tool. This is the thing that you flip open and place your paper on one side and the inked plates on the other side then close it up and feed it through the cuttlebug. If you are using the letterpress paper (or other thick paper like Crane's Lettra paper) you should not need any other shims with the letterpress tool. If you do not have the letterpress tool then it may be rather difficult to line up your inked plate onto the paper without it moving.

Nancy,
I am so glad you have been successfully using the Lettterpress goodies with your Cuttlebug. I like so many others are debating about using the 2 pieces of equipment together. My question is the letterpress tool the ONLY piece you use in the Cuttelbug? Or are some of the other plates used? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #20  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshine547580View Post

Nancy,
I am so glad you have been successfully using the Lettterpress goodies with your Cuttlebug. I like so many others are debating about using the 2 pieces of equipment together. My question is the letterpress tool the ONLY piece you use in the Cuttelbug? Or are some of the other plates used? Thanks!
Hi Sunshine!
Yes, the letterpress tool is the only piece that I use in the cuttlebug. Because of its size, you will not need the A, B or C plates - they won't fit with the letterpress tool anyway!
Now depending on the paper you use, you may need a thin shim. I've only used paper specifically designed for letterpressing (either the cards that are sold by L Letterpress or Crane's Lettra paper) which are thick, and have not needed a shim. With regular cardstock you may need something - and it may only be another piece of cardstock - even chipboard may be too much.
Hope this helps!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2010, 07:05 AM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the info! I just picked up the starter kit in the States and can't wait to start playing with it. I like the tip about the Crane paper - might be easier to find in Canada.

Here is a link to a you-tube video that my friend found about using the press with the cuttlebug:

YouTube - Lifestyle Letterpress with the Cuttlebug

Happy pressing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2011, 04:56 AM   #22  
Cardstock Collector

Default Letterpress and Cuttlebug

I have a new Stampin Up letterpress that I can't wait to use but have not been able to figure out the right "sandwich".
Does anyone have any experience with using the Cuttlebug and Stampin Up's letterpress?
Thanks for any and all help!
Reply With Quote Likes