Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-09-2023, 01:51 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default labels for back of cards

I am looking for a source of labels custom printed with my logo for the back of my cards. I sell cards at a farmers market and a consignment store and have been printing my own labels. I'm hoping to find a reasonably priced source so I don't have to keep printing labels.
Thanks in advance.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2023, 05:35 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,123 Likes on 505 Posts

If you have a design already, maybe a local print shop would do the printing for you? The one here has told me they'd be happy to print labels or stickers for me if I bring in the Avery sheets (it's a very small town).

Etsy is a great source for printed custom labels.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2023, 06:02 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 247 Likes on 133 Posts

You can even have a stamp made at many print shops. My son made me one on his 3D printer!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jeanne3579:
harrahx2 (05-10-2023), pressed4time (06-12-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 07:43 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Personally, I'd go with a stamp over labels.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by after_dark_inker:
gaylestamps (05-10-2023), jeanne3579 (05-10-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 10:48 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Years ago I wanted to create a stamp for the back of my cards, even though I do not sell them. My name is Meryl, and I live by the ocean - so came up with MerMade. I lucked out because a friend's husband dabbled in graphic design and drew up a camera-ready design. I had stamp made from it for less than $15. I went through impresscardsandcrafts.com but these days you can find vendors on etsy or the online printing sites.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by mshatzma:
Chinocookie (05-11-2023), Joy-full (06-10-2023), Scrapjanny (05-11-2023), wavejumper (05-12-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 03:48 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

If you don't mind a custom stamp rather than a label, Magnuson Custom Stamps is a great small business resource. I got a stamp from him for the backs of my cards. I prefer a stamp, as you then don't have the waste from a label sheet backing going into the landfill for ??? years. Plus, you can use any color of ink you want. He has several stock designs, but will also work with you if you want a totally custom stamp. I got a wood block stamp from him with my name & blog address, & find it very easy to line up. If you stamp a lot of cards at once & are really persnickety about placement, you could always dedicate a stamp positioner like a mini MISTI to one that is a cling stamp & use that. Extra upfront expense, but still reusable. Hope this helps!

Proud Dirty Dozen Design Team Alumna!
Featured Stamper #564
Blog: Andrea's Paper Antics
SCS Gallery

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by papercrafter40:
Chinocookie (05-11-2023), jeanne3579 (05-10-2023)
Old 05-12-2023, 03:57 PM   #7  
Glitter Queen

Thanks everyone for your input. I do have a logo (designed by my brother) and had been using a stamp for the backs of the cards since 2018. In 2021 I had a major problem with the stamp - the ink on the logo stamp bled through to the inside of the cards and ruined them. I had to trash over 120 cards. I use Neenah 110# cardstock for my card bases so it wasn't due to thin cardstock. Needless to say, I was quite upset. So, I switched to a printed label. I'm thinking now that I might just stamp the logo onto a label. Not sure yet, still researching.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2023, 04:28 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanicekaView Post
Thanks everyone for your input. I do have a logo (designed by my brother) and had been using a stamp for the backs of the cards since 2018. In 2021 I had a major problem with the stamp - the ink on the logo stamp bled through to the inside of the cards and ruined them. I had to trash over 120 cards. I use Neenah 110# cardstock for my card bases so it wasn't due to thin cardstock. Needless to say, I was quite upset. So, I switched to a printed label. I'm thinking now that I might just stamp the logo onto a label. Not sure yet, still researching.
What kind of ink are you using? Have you changed over the years. I've never had any die inks bleed through cardstock, but definitely alcohol inks will bleed through. I have had many stamps over the years---rubber, acrylic and one my son made for me on his 3D printer. I have never had a problem with any of the stamps bleeding through. Hope you find a solution to your problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2023, 06:11 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanicekaView Post
Was there any way you could have cut off the fronts and attached them to new bases? Just a thought. So sorry that happened to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
wavejumper (05-21-2023)
Old 05-13-2023, 07:00 AM   #10  
Glitter Queen

Scrapjanny - I did salvage as many of the card fronts as I could - probably 50-75 of them. It just took some time.
Jeanne3579 - I used a self-inking stamper from XStamper. The problem occurred when I reinked the stamp. I can't tell what kind of ink it is. What's odd to me is that some of the bleed-through problems took over 18 months to happen. Some happened in 4 months.

I'm checking with a local print shop and also testing out just using the stamp on label. The logo is 2 colors - hot pink and grey. Printer ink gets expensive when I print in color. I do like the look of the two color label. I could just print labels in black ink I guess.

Still researching, will post when I find a solution.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2023, 07:07 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

OK, that makes sense. I simply stamp in a color I used making the card, but I would not attempt to do it in 2 colors, so I understand your dilemma. Hope you find a solution.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2023, 05:04 PM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 732 Likes on 354 Posts

That is interesting on the delayed bleed thru. Are you in a humid environment? I am just confused how a dry ink keeps going unless it is re-activated with moisture. Did the image itself get fuzzy?

I am so sorry about your cards. I might have suggested popping in a layer on the inside after placing some tape over it so it cant keep bleeding.

Could you stamp all of one sheet of labels and then just copy it to new blank label sheets so the spacing is correct or take it to a copy place? You might be able to do it in color?

If you already have the artwork-you definitely can just place an order for a company to make them for you. Even if they cost 10 cents a card...is your labor doing it yourself worth it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2023, 05:09 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you tried Vista Print? They are reasonably priced and offer many options. You can also use your own art work/logo.
A friend stamps on cardstock and uses an oval punch. She keeps a large stash to put on the back of dark cardstock cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Joy-full (06-10-2023)