Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-20-2010, 07:00 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Red face Justrite stampers?

I was thinking of taking the plunge and getting some of these stampers. What I want will set me back about $50 so I am still on the fence. Anyone have anything to say to sway me one way or the other?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2010, 07:44 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 488 Likes on 307 Posts

I have 4 sets of them and love them....After the inital learning how to attach them(mine came with no directions) I find it really makes me want to put borders around sentiments and so forth..... and I use them to stamp around computer generated ones too.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's on your list? I'd try to get things that are interchangeable if you're looking for multiple sizes, like the 1 5/8" things can usually work with the 2" stamper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2010, 01:25 PM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

I thought about getting some of these. I liked the concept of being able to personalize my sentiments. A friend got the Small Letters set and showed them to me. The letters were way too tiny for me to see. I could imagine myself struggling to use these so I opted to not get them myself. And yes... I know there are larger letter stamps with Just Rite but I wasn't interested in the mongrams so much as I was being able to create the circular sentiments which do require the Small Letters set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

The small letters ARE very small but the tweezers they come with are good and easy to use. You just have to be careful about them jumping when you pull them out but there are lots of doubles in case one goes missing on you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

LOVE my JR stamps! I initially bought the actual stamper and since I have the wooden blocks, I've never used it again. It is helpful if you're making a lot of one thing, otherwise not the best for me. I love the fonts I have and they are all easy to work with. If/when you use the small letters, clean them by stamping on a baby wipe; don't scrub or they'll fly everywhere. If you don't get a crisp image at first, erase the stamps with a white eraser. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the sets. The possibilities are endless! Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm another JustRite fan - and got my mother and a friend hooked on them, too! The size I reach for the most is the 2" stamper. I've found the horizontal stampers to be a great addition to my collection, too. Being able to put together custom sentiments is awesome. The small letters can be a bit tedious to work with, but when you stamp your customized border or sentiment it's all worth the effort!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2010, 06:25 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by katestamps716View Post
What's on your list? I'd try to get things that are interchangeable if you're looking for multiple sizes, like the 1 5/8" things can usually work with the 2" stamper.
I have my eye on the Custom Design Cardmaking kit but would also like the big set of Decorative 2" round wide borders. I'm kind of scared since I use mostly SU. I am really wanting to make monogrammed gifts for all my cousin's for cousin's weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Okay -- I am NOT a justrite fan. I have the 2" circle stamper and two different sets of alphabets. I find it so frustrating to try and fit the letters into the slots -- they just don't go in easily enough. I have to take a tweezer (my own, since I didn't get the smallest set that comes with them), pull apart the slats, and twist and shove those letters in. Not worth it for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, I just traded the SAB paper for the blister pkg of Just Friends. So I guess I need to order the 3 1/4" stamper so I will be able to use them. I still want to do monograms and have $56 in my cart. I am finding it hard to finalize the order because I am afraid this is impulsive buying. I can't afford to do that kind of shopping anymore. Maybe I better sleep on it or think about it a while longer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Eek!!! I took the plunge and went ahead and ordered from JustRite directly. I hope I like what I get. Can't wait!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2010, 06:05 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

I received my order today! I am tickled with the service and I am very pleased with what I got. I will probably get more later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

Hello

I was just wanting to know if you get a clear image everytime you stamp with them. I'm in Australia and only selected places have them and they are very expensive and the way the Aussie dollar is it's expensive to buy overseas. One day I want them then the next I think what if they don't stamp properly I don't know anyone that has them to see what they look like after they are stamped.

Thanks and have a nice day
Tania
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2010, 06:40 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa G.View Post
Okay -- I am NOT a justrite fan. I have the 2" circle stamper and two different sets of alphabets. I find it so frustrating to try and fit the letters into the slots -- they just don't go in easily enough. I have to take a tweezer (my own, since I didn't get the smallest set that comes with them), pull apart the slats, and twist and shove those letters in. Not worth it for me.
Hi Lisa,

You can actually trim the JR stamps around the image/letter just like you would the older SU! stamps! That can help you fit more letters into the slot and also keep extra ink from smudging onto your project! HTH! Katie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

I have bought some stampers and stamps using coupons at 'Addicted to Rubber Stamps'. Sometimes they have terrific prices, too. I just bought a set (2" stamper, #15 font set and a bonus inner stamp) for under $7.00. Just Rite has the same thing on sale for $12.
I am still getting the hang of not pressing too hard, and making sure I have not overinked. Thanks for the tip on cleaning the letters with baby wipes. I have lost a few letters when I tried to scrup/clean . You have to be very careful with the little ones. i think I will always work over a box when I am assembling and disassembling from now on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2010, 01:13 AM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilracer4View Post
Hello

I was just wanting to know if you get a clear image everytime you stamp with them. I'm in Australia and only selected places have them and they are very expensive and the way the Aussie dollar is it's expensive to buy overseas. One day I want them then the next I think what if they don't stamp properly I don't know anyone that has them to see what they look like after they are stamped.

Thanks and have a nice day
Tania
Hi,
I am having trouble getting a clear image with my jr stamps. I tried erasing the stamps thinking it would help. It didn't make a difference. Now I am trying a little sanding sponge and it is getting a bit better. I think I might have gotten a bad batch. I don't have the receipt anymore so I can't exchange them.
I have to say that I haven't heard one bad thing about these stamps. It seems that everyone is very happy with them. I have seen many projects with them and the stamping is very clear. It is a great way to personalize a project.
Good luck with your decision.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2010, 05:40 AM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

Hi, I usually get a good image with the stamps and stamper, but I cleaned/conditioned them when I got them. I found a Conditioning Just Rite Stamps tutorial by Sharon Johnson on S.Coast. I don't know how to "beam those things up' or I would reference it here for you. I have read that Solvent cleaner is too hard on these stamps, so I would not use it on a regular basis.
I own the Cardmaking set. If I leave the outer ring off, I get a gloppy image-ink where it shouldn't be. So I guess if I just want to stamp the little centers, I would use a small acrylic block and some 2-way temporary tape, instead of the block that comes with it. It's less apt to happen to me with the large stamps, but it's a learning experience.
If I got a poor set of stamps, I think I would at least try to contact Just Rite, directly, and see if they would be willing to replace.
To summarize, I am not yet 100% confident of my skill in getting a good image or even if the sets are a little too tricky. But I am glad I bought them and will reserve justment until I practice more because I am really into Spellbinders nestabilities and they go so well together. Also, I am hoping to use the borders of the JR sets with my other stamps. Hope this helps you a bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

There is a slight learning curve with JustRite stamps
They are not deeply etched so you don't need as much ink. Too much ink will blur the image
Then don't press as hard as you would with thicker stamps. Too much pressure also blurs the image

Try using some cheap CS to practice,
Lay the stamp in the mount face up and just tap "a little" ink on it , don't over do it.
When you stamp don't use a lot of pressure.
Use as much pressure as you would if you were stamping off ink to create a lighter image . Just stamp a bunch of images until you see how much pressure works for you.
I generally use Memento ink

I love my JR sets and get nice images all the time

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 05-28-2010 at 10:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

I will take your advice. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

Another thing is when I put the stamp onto the grooved mount I press it all over a few times to be sure the grooves on the back of the stamp are seated properly into the grooves of the mount. Be sure to press in the center as well as around the edges
If you are getting incomplete stamped images the stamp is not pushed into the grooves in the mount all the way.

I also trim my stamps close to the image
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2010, 05:48 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

I will remember that. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2010, 07:49 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

I kept talking myself into NOT buying them but I now have 3 stampers and 3 sets of stamps. I love them. Mine have given me good clean images. Once you get the stampers bought the cost is not so much. I will build my stamps based on the stampers I have for now.
Reply With Quote Likes