Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-02-2009, 07:26 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm lost cuttlebug and sizzix xl die

Okay I've read a hole bunch of replies on the cuttlebug with the xl dies. So to my understanding you can use the sizzix which I bought already. I bought the pop up birthday cake. Now here is the question: Can you use the xl die and not get a crease in the paper when using the 4b plates? Is there another thing I have to use to avoid (the crease)?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried butting plates together (either 2 Bs or 2 decorative strips) and got a crease. I put tape over the seam and still got a crease, and the tape left a bit of an emboss on my paper.

Then I had Home Depot cut some scrap acrylic to fit, and that worked with a few cs shims.

I know some people butt plates together and don't mind the crease, but it bothered me. The Big Shot and Big Kick can accommodate the cutting pads for the Bigz XL dies, so I ended up buying one when I realized I was buying a lot of the Bigz XL dies and loving them.

Since then, I've read of the Accucute plates. They do cover the cutting area of most of the Bigz XL dies and fit through a CB. I think this is the one:

http://www.accucut.com/Cutting_Mat5_...ath1,903.html?

It turns out I prefer the BK to the CB and I'm glad I bought one, but if you want to keep your CB, why not try the $5 Accucut plates?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMegView Post
I tried butting plates together (either 2 Bs or 2 decorative strips) and got a crease. I put tape over the seam and still got a crease, and the tape left a bit of an emboss on my paper.

Then I had Home Depot cut some scrap acrylic to fit, and that worked with a few cs shims.

I know some people butt plates together and don't mind the crease, but it bothered me. The Big Shot and Big Kick can accommodate the cutting pads for the Bigz XL dies, so I ended up buying one when I realized I was buying a lot of the Bigz XL dies and loving them.

Since then, I've read of the Accucute plates. They do cover the cutting area of most of the Bigz XL dies and fit through a CB. I think this is the one:

http://www.accucut.com/Cutting_Mat5_...ath1,903.html?

It turns out I prefer the BK to the CB and I'm glad I bought one, but if you want to keep your CB, why not try the $5 Accucut plates?

I purchased the Accucut plates that you referred to and they worked like a charm in my Cuttlebug when using the BigZ XL dies.

Opps, just looked at the link you provided and realized that I used the clear acrylic plates. I DID order this cutting mat to go along with the acrylic plates because someone said I would need it. However, I discovered that the 2 acrylic plates worked great. The cutting mat you linked to will work in place of ONE of the acrylic plates and the self healing surface is nice. I guess a person could order 2 of the self healing mats and use that instead of the acrylic plates. Regardless of the combo, you still need to have 2 of either of these to get the correct sandwich with the Cuttlebug - on on top of the XL die and one below. Hope this convoluted explaination makes sense!

Last edited by Boss; 10-02-2009 at 07:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 11:33 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

I had my dad cut some acrylic to the length I need to fit and works perfect. Pays to have a handy dad---hope my boys learn from him because my hubby is not so handy in those kind of things!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

So what you are saying with the Accucut ones it is for the plastic cutting sheets for lc or xlc dies? they come in a package of 2-5"by15"? Is that correct? Where can you buy these? I do live in Canada. Thanks for all your help. Please respond back.
Reply With Quote Likes