Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
[email protected]

Seriously...Splitcoast is not an SU site.
Fine to discuss things, but SU doesn't have anything to do with us here, so it isn't nearly as effective to do it here when writing SU with suggestions might actually get heard, kwim? Yes, lots of demos pass things on when we read them, but nothing speaks as loud as when customers contact them with requests and suggestions...

Feedback is listened to, but not if it doesn't get read, lol. Write to them! It's not like you'd be askin' for stuff a lot of demos would like, too...
We are just chatting about what we would like to see. And YES some of have sent many of the above things to SU several times.
We are well aware that SU does not read this stuff. This is only for our own benifit and talking.

Last edited by meluvstampin; 11-12-2009 at 04:08 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I woud like to see a Designer Series Paper Pak highlighting one color with solid color on one side and the designs on the other side. Like the Patterns Designer Series Paper, but with solid color on each paper and different designs on the other side. So many times I want to use the solid color but don't want the thickness of cardstock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #43  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
[email protected]

Seriously...Splitcoast is not an SU site. Fine to discuss things, but SU doesn't have anything to do with us here, so it isn't nearly as effective to do it here when writing SU with suggestions might actually get heard, kwim? Yes, lots of demos pass things on when we read them, but nothing speaks as loud as when customers contact them with requests and suggestions...

Feedback is listened to, but not if it doesn't get read, lol. Write to them! It's not like you'd be askin' for stuff a lot of demos would like, too...
Oh, I just like the few SU threads because I like to talk about and read other's answers about SU. I never really think it's going to the TOP DOGS!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by peebsmamaView Post
I decided to go ahead and contact SU through the link Betsy shared. But my email server said the address was undeliverable. So I guess I will try again.

Hmm.... SU offering cling mounts. That's a step in the right direction and I bet it will create a surge in sales for all of those that either don't mount or have unmounted their old sets. I still love my wood mounts but with space becoming a concern and if the price is much less expensive, I may have to consider the new option.
Try [email protected] instead of .net. I think my fingers are just used to the .net for my SU website! Sorry about that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2009, 06:20 AM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

Now that SU is offering cling mount I may have to reconsider my boycott - only if the prices are reasonable tho. There are only a couple sets that I would consider buying, but we'll see how things shake down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2009, 01:00 PM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by puppydoggrinsView Post
Yes, Yes, YES!!!!! Me too!!!!!
Yes me toooo! Lower Canadian Price. Also for the French sayings some of them does not make sense at all.

scoring board
the textured cardstock by pack of the same color
the 2 rulers to make cuts
cling stamps with acrylic blocks (will save storing place and threes)
Organza ribbon in 3/8 size and 5/8
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creation ScrapbookView Post
Yes me toooo! Lower Canadian Price. Also for the French sayings some of them does not make sense at all.

scoring board
Ohhh...can you tell me which phrases don't make sense? That's one thing I always worry about with the non-English stamps. I have no way of knowing if SU's translations are good enough. I know that often the literal translation from English gets, well, lost in the translation, lol!

And tell me about the 2 rulers to make cuts? I don't know what that is I guess... And if you peek around the threads up in the General stamping forum, you might see info about one of your other wishes, lol...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2009, 09:18 PM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I've done this with past in-color markers but I don't think I get as good a result as with the already inked markers. Plus is so much more hassle to find the reinker and the blender pen and get that inked up than it would be to just reach for a pen. So I was glad that SU finally came out with in-color markers. I just wished they had offered them individually.
I am one of those gals not soo fussy on this years incolours- so I only purchased the re inkers- and an assorted pack of the cs. If I need to colour with those particular colours- I use the reinkers, on a cd with my aqua painter. If I need to stamp in that colour- I put some baby wipes in an old stamp box, and put a few drops of the reinker on that- stamp my image- voila! I absolutely love my SU! markers and won't trade them for anything- but I won't be buying the incolour markers for this year- now if they brought back last years colour- I would be a very happy camper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2009, 09:33 PM   #49  
Insane Embellisher

[QUOTE=peebsmama;15534333]A long time ago, I had a local demo that I could share cardstock with and we would each buy a pack (or more) of different colors and split them. But she is no longer a demo and, in my rural area, there are no other SU demos/customers that I know. My current demo is hundreds of miles a way, so sharing is not an option. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat. I realize that SU would have to make some changes, but I know for myself, especially in this economy, that I won't buy more than what I need. So instead of buying the 6 pack of in-color pens to get the one or two I want, or buying a 24 pack of paper when I only want a few sheets, I buy nothing.

Hi Susan, I am not familiar with the prices in the US for SU! product, but perhaps this may be of help to you, that you can suggest it to your demonstrator- atleast twice a year I offer my customers a "cardstock swap" - it is done in teams of 4-( works great during Sellabration because they also earn SAB sets!!- )- each participant, is responsible for purchasing one entire colour family- the hostess bennies I use to purchase, assorted neutrals- so that- if done in groups of 4 each participant- recieves 6 sheets of each colour, plus assorted neutrals, and a SAB set- for a set price. I am sure it has probably been suggested to you before- if you are interested in products at a discount, maybe you would like to be a demonstrator- especially since yours is so far away. Have you tried searching on the demo locator or putting a post on here to see if there is someone closer to you?- Another idea, is that when I started with SU!- I couldn't afford it all- so I split on the colour collection with another friend- (also a new demo) then we swapped out colours so we each had plenty of variety. Just an idea for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #50  
Rubber Obsessor

Well since they granted my top wish with offering the choice of unmounted I will go with the second choice on my list and say individual color packs of the textured 12 x 12 cardstock. I am tired of having a bunch of colors I don't need or want. But I will keep buying it as I love that textured card stock .

Last edited by mandmrose; 11-13-2009 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: for typos, will I ever learn to prof read?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #51  
Compulsive Stamper

I would like to see Stampin' up come out with a punch for the Pick a Petal set.
I am a big fan of the wood mounted stamps so I hope they always keep those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 12:34 AM   #52  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Island ChickView Post
I wish Stampin Up would offer...

:twisted: LOWER CANADIAN PRICES!!!

Better quality white card stock
6x6 or 8x8 pattern paper pads
Yes indeed! Realistic Canadian prices! Though the dollar has hovered around par, SU never seems to give Canadian's reasonable prices.

I'd like to see the G on Stampin Up too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 02:43 AM   #53  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Hi Susan, I am not familiar with the prices in the US for SU! product, but perhaps this may be of help to you, that you can suggest it to your demonstrator- atleast twice a year I offer my customers a "cardstock swap" - it is done in teams of 4-( works great during Sellabration because they also earn SAB sets!!- )- each participant, is responsible for purchasing one entire colour family- the hostess bennies I use to purchase, assorted neutrals- so that- if done in groups of 4 each participant- recieves 6 sheets of each colour, plus assorted neutrals, and a SAB set- for a set price. I am sure it has probably been suggested to you before- if you are interested in products at a discount, maybe you would like to be a demonstrator- especially since yours is so far away. Have you tried searching on the demo locator or putting a post on here to see if there is someone closer to you?- Another idea, is that when I started with SU!- I couldn't afford it all- so I split on the colour collection with another friend- (also a new demo) then we swapped out colours so we each had plenty of variety. Just an idea for you.
Laurie Anne, Thanks for the suggestions, but any kind of swap is out of the question for me right now unfortunately. Even if all the other customers that my demo has does this, they are so far away (over 600 miles) that they would have to buy the paper, swap it and pay to ship it to me. Cardstock is heavy and it would cost almost as much to ship it as it cost to buy it. I know. I did this with a friend one time and it just wasn't worth it. So swapping long distance is just not an option.

Yes, when my local demo was active, I participated in several share programs to earn hostess gifts and be able to afford more expensive items (like the whole set of markers) in monthly payments.

Yes, I have checked the SU website for local demos after mine moved away and gave up her demoship. I found a couple. One wasn't accepting new customers unless they would host a workshop with new people. And since I don't know anyone else who stamps and who would be willing to come to a workshop, that left me out. Then she quit her demosship. I did attend a couple workshops with another demo but that lady was intermittent in SU and right now I think she's inactive. When I suggested cardstock swaps to some other customers of hers, none wanted to do it with me. All other demos that the SU demo locator came up with are too far away for me to consider. That's why I purchase my SU stuff online through an online friend in another state.

No, I have absolutely no interest in becoming a SU demo myself. Way too many reasons to bother with here. Especially because when it comes right down to it, I really just want the option to purchase cardstock in half packs.

I have been an SU customer for almost 6 years so this is not a matter of getting started with the cardstock, etc, for me. I have cardstock in all the current colors, all the in-colors all the way back from when they started and even the old old retired colors. So it's a matter of re-stocking for me. And I know that there are some colors that I just don't use enough of to justify buying 24 sheets of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 02:47 AM   #54  
Gabfest Goddess

Ok. So I took Besty's suggestion and sent and email to SU with my suggestions and a compilation of of what others have posted here. Except for the unmounted offering since that is going to be a reality. As I expected, I got a "form letter" email from them. It says (in english, french and spanish):

Thank you for your e-mail. Due to a high volume of e-mails, there may be a delay in the reponse to your e-mail. We will respond to your e-mail as soon as possible.

If your request is of an urgent nature or time sensitive, please call Demonstrator Support at 1-800-STAMP UP. Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Stampin� Up! �

I'm sure the next email will be another form letter telling me that they thank me for my time and suggestions and they will take them under advisement.

At least I can say I tried.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 02:49 AM   #55  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creation ScrapbookView Post

scoring board

Do you mean the Perfect Layers tools that they used to offer? I LOVE mine. You can still buy these. Try ebay or do a google search for online stores that carry them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #56  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by solivaView Post
Oooooh, that would be cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Skype™ to neverenuffstamps

I am a SU! demo, and I love reading these threads! I think many of us do share these types of comments with SU! (And you never know...I think that maybe someone at SU! does read SCS!) It is fun for me to hear what people are hoping for. Sometimes I can accomodate them with a share, like some of the other posters have mentioned. Because I became a demo because I love SU! products, I can jump right in there with the "I wish"es too! Keep the ideas coming!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

<snip> ...Yes, I have checked the SU website for local demos after mine moved away and gave up her demoship. I found a couple. One wasn't accepting new customers unless they would host a workshop with new people. And since I don't know anyone else who stamps and who would be willing to come to a workshop, that left me out. Then she quit her demosship.
Say whaaaaat? Geez, I wish we had a "needs to vomit" smiley... that's AWFUL! I say good riddance, but that doesn't help you with your problem. I'm really sorry that happened...that's just rude on so many levels...

And as for the letter you sent SU (thanks, btw, for doing that), don't lose heart at the automatic reply...they do read those, all of them. And they do actively search for customer input, too. They have marketing focus groups all the time looking for customer evaluations and suggestions.

I have just seen too many times over the years where SU has responded to a wave of emailed suggestions to not believe that they listen. Thanks again for your input to them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #59  
Glitter Guru

I think everyone's ideas and suggestions sound great---I have a couple of answers to the requests(hope they haven't been already answered, LOL)

The Modern Label Punch works perfectly with the Word Window and layers up so nicely
Also, Teeny Tiny Wishes---has every sentiment that you could want(okay, I am sure there are some not included, but...) AND it fits the Word Window and MOdern Label punch

And to the demo who wasn't accepting of "new customers" WOW!!!! who can say that and not just be ashamed, really. NOt surprised that she dropped.

Just wanted to add...so nice that this thread is so pleasant and just about wishes!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #60  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
Now that SU is offering cling mount I may have to reconsider my boycott - only if the prices are reasonable tho. There are only a couple sets that I would consider buying, but we'll see how things shake down.
I love my wood mounts, but if the cling mounts are going to be a more cost effective version, I may get a few of those sets where I would only use one or two of the set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #61  
Insane Embellisher

Wink

Quote:

Laurie Anne, Thanks for the suggestions, but any kind of swap is out of the question for me right now unfortunately. Even if all the other customers that my demo has does this, they are so far away (over 600 miles) that they would have to buy the paper, swap it and pay to ship it to me. Cardstock is heavy and it would cost almost as much to ship it as it cost to buy it. I know. I did this with a friend one time and it just wasn't worth it. So swapping long distance is just not an option.

Yes, when my local demo was active, I participated in several share programs to earn hostess gifts and be able to afford more expensive items (like the whole set of markers) in monthly payments.

Yes, I have checked the SU website for local demos after mine moved away and gave up her demoship. I found a couple. One wasn't accepting new customers unless they would host a workshop with new people. And since I don't know anyone else who stamps and who would be willing to come to a workshop, that left me out. Then she quit her demosship. I did attend a couple workshops with another demo but that lady was intermittent in SU and right now I think she's inactive. When I suggested cardstock swaps to some other customers of hers, none wanted to do it with me. All other demos that the SU demo locator came up with are too far away for me to consider. That's why I purchase my SU stuff online through an online friend in another state.

No, I have absolutely no interest in becoming a SU demo myself. Way too many reasons to bother with here. Especially because when it comes right down to it, I really just want the option to purchase cardstock in half packs.

I have been an SU customer for almost 6 years so this is not a matter of getting started with the cardstock, etc, for me. I have cardstock in all the current colors, all the in-colors all the way back from when they started and even the old old retired colors. So it's a matter of re-stocking for me. And I know that there are some colors that I just don't use enough of to justify buying 24 sheets of it.
Absolutely incredible- I cannot believe that someone would turn away a potential customer!! Or to only take those that would do workshops! I will celebrate 6 years with SU! in March, and run on classes, I think during that time, I have only done about 10 or 12 outside workshops!! In my area I find it hard to get people to host workshops, so I have a personal order date, and gather orders for it, but the gals that come to class, (they all make cards to sell themselves) place orders on a regular bases- I even suggested stampers groups of 6 or 10- they turned that down as they don't want the commitment!- they just want to learn in the classes and buy what they need. Sorry I am off topic sort of- but your reply just left my jaw hanging. If you ever decide to move to Ontario- gladly look me up! I would be more than happy to have you as a customer- without any requirements. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that they come out with smaller packages! Do you have people in your area to stamp with, friends or neighbours? I am sure you have already tried this, but perhaps you could offer a class or two yourself (place an add in the newspaper or on bulletin boards) , might help to meet others that are interested that you don't already know. Hang in there- it may take a while but SU! does really listen to customers and demos alike.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 07:19 PM   #62  
Proud Fan Club Member

I wish they had an 'express checkout' on their website. Right now you have to search the individual item, add it to your bag, go back and repeat the process for every item. I would love to see a line item order form for those of us who have catalogs.
I also agree with the 1/2 pack paper wish, being able to buy an indiviual stamps and I wish be could purchase the neutral and in colors in the assorted ink spot packs (they pack and go so much nicer that the regular pads).
Also, got a sneek peek at the cling stamps, just a few but I like the fact they are making an effort. They will also be selling cases for storage (cd style) which is nice.
Just curious, how is everyone removing the rubber from the wood?? Thanks for letting me share!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 02:08 AM   #63  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by neverenuffstampsView Post
I am a SU! demo, and I love reading these threads! I think many of us do share these types of comments with SU! (And you never know...I think that maybe someone at SU! does read SCS!) It is fun for me to hear what people are hoping for. Sometimes I can accomodate them with a share, like some of the other posters have mentioned. Because I became a demo because I love SU! products, I can jump right in there with the "I wish"es too! Keep the ideas coming!
It would be VERY SMART on SU's part if some did actually read these posts! Oh, I second textured cardstock in individual color packs. I only use about 25 of SU colors plus neutrals. I won't buy the textured because I don't want all those extra colors. When I need textured I go to Mike's or HObby Lobby.

Last edited by Allistamps123; 11-15-2009 at 02:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 02:14 AM   #64  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by solivaView Post
Ohhhhh, a Pick-a-Petal punch!!!!!! That is a fantastic idea!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 03:00 AM   #65  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrappy48View Post
I wish they had an 'express checkout' on their website. Right now you have to search the individual item, add it to your bag, go back and repeat the process for every item. I would love to see a line item order form for those of us who have catalogs.
I agree. Since I order only online now I usually sit down with my catty first and make a list with page numbers, item numbers, description and price so I know what I'm getting. Then I get to the website and have to type in the item number and wait for the site to find it, put it in my shopping cart and repeat. It would be very nice to have an online order form like the paper ones to just type in all the info. Or even better to have that form, type in the item number and have the description and price automatically fill in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 03:39 AM   #66  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Quote:

I agree. Since I order only online now I usually sit down with my catty first and make a list with page numbers, item numbers, description and price so I know what I'm getting. Then I get to the website and have to type in the item number and wait for the site to find it, put it in my shopping cart and repeat. It would be very nice to have an online order form like the paper ones to just type in all the info. Or even better to have that form, type in the item number and have the description and price automatically fill in.
This is a great suggestion. I didn't realize the online ordering was so "bulky".

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 04:42 AM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

I NEVER buy the Textured cardstock anymore. I am left with to many colors i will never use and it is such a waste of money.
I wish to they would sell it in individual packs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #68  
Stampin' Fool

I really, really would like a punch for the pickup in the Loads of Love set. It is the first set I bought, and is still in the cattie. I hate cutting them out!

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #69  
Proud Fan Club Member

My sister just showed me card she made with a Cuttlebug, I thought it was the pickup for the loads of love set...
here's a link to it.. I'll ask her if she has the loads of love set (to compare), if not maybe someone out there who has both can see if it works. It's the green one.

http://www.provocraft.com/products/d...=&item=62-0046

Last edited by Scrappy48; 11-16-2009 at 11:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 12:10 PM   #70  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecheckerView Post
I really, really would like a punch for the pickup in the Loads of Love set. It is the first set I bought, and is still in the cattie. I hate cutting them out!

Anne
Oh, I'd love that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #71  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrappy48View Post
My sister just showed me card she made with a Cuttlebug, I thought it was the pickup for the loads of love set...
here's a link to it.. I'll ask her if she has the loads of love set (to compare), if not maybe someone out there who has both can see if it works. It's the green one.

http://www.provocraft.com/products/d...=&item=62-0046

It kind of has a similar shape, but it's hard to tell from just looking at that how it would work, if at all. It would be nice to know, if someone actually has both, how the two compare!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #72  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'll let you know what I find out...
Reply With Quote Likes