Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-12-2008, 03:36 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you store your CB dies/folders?

So, a Bug is on its way to me & I've prepared by buying one of the small dies, one of the long pair of dies & an embossing folder. I have a bunch of small sizzlit dies too that I just kept in a box. Now that I've made this investment, I need storage ideas that will make it easy to go through my dies so I will actually use them!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2008, 06:01 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

i have mostly embossing folders...

i keep the folders in SU! clam shell boxes- each will hold about 8

the few 2 x 2 dies i have in CD cases

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Embossing folders

I only have the embossing folders and I store them in a lunch box tin that I altered. You can make dividers with their names on it. Anyway that is how I store them!

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 04:40 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Default try business card storage

Hi there,

I'm in UK, but I've found a great way of storing the smaller embossing folders. In our Asda (part of Walmart - so you might find it there) I found some plastic business card holders which fit into a A4 (legal size I think) folder/binder. They're altogether, and don't fall out!

The bigger ones (A2) I have in a clear plastic box, all of our craft shops now stock them, they come in different sizes and are brilliant as you can see whats in them at a glance!

HTH

~Emma~
xxxxxxxx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 07:15 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

All of mine dies are in different sized white plastic baskets. The ones that have the slots through them. Then, I ran color-coordinating fabric and threaded it through the slots...this was part of my office decorating scheme. They are within easy reach and the basket looks cute.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have mine all stored in a binder. The small embossing folders and dies fit awesome in a baseball card storage page. The larger embossing folders fit nicely in some photo album storage pages I got at Hallmark. I cut out the little pictures on the front of the embossing folders and tape it on the section where each embossing folder goes and use my label maker so that I know the names of which ones I have and which go where. It works great for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I use the Cropper Hopper Zip-n-Flip (Joanns.com). They come in 2 different sizes and work great for the folders and the dies. You place these in a regular 3 ring binder. When I tried the baseball card pages, they kept falling out on me. HTH!

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.j...RODID=prd28635

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.j...PRODID=prd1271

Last edited by mom2kaynky; 01-13-2008 at 01:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmillerView Post
I only have the embossing folders and I store them in a lunch box tin that I altered. You can make dividers with their names on it. Anyway that is how I store them!

Kim

This is how I store mine also. I don't have too many yet so it works pretty good for me. I like the idea of a binder though. May have to try that when I outgrow the tin! ;)
--------
Caren
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 02:05 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

I store all my stuff in a zipper binder. The 2 x 2's in a slide storage sheet, the 2 x 6 in a large negative storage sheet and my embossing folders sort of sticking out in regular photo storage sheets. Works for now, and I can flip through them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

Mine are all thrown in a tupperware shoe container, lmbo! Yeah, I'm the Queen of organization!
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberDawnView Post
Mine are all thrown in a tupperware shoe container, lmbo! Yeah, I'm the Queen of organization!
I'm sorta close to that for my CB folder storage! lol

I have one of the smaller plastic 3-drawer units; I keep my folders & dies in one of the drawers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

I store mine in a plastic box that I bought at JoAnn's. It has a larger section on the top and a smaller section that snaps underneath. It is clear and has a green cover with a handle on top. I don't have much in there yet - 3 embossing folders (2 more on order) and 8 2 x 2 dies. Anyway, it works really well for them! ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 05:50 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

I bought the Cropper Hopper Drawers. The smallest ones fit the tiny dies and folders. The larger square ones fit the 3x3 dies and the larger drawer fits the big folders. It's easy to pull a drawer out to find what I want and put it back away. I have a ton of dies and folders, plus Sizzlets (which I store in their original cases). I store them all on a shelf above my cutting counter, which houses my big paper cutters and my CB.

Cropper Hopper Drawers

I opted against binders because it always takes a bunch of work surface to lay it open. I wanted something I could pull out quickly, thumb through, and slide back away. I also have a drawer full of alphabet dies in one of these storage units. Mine is a double wide version of this. The drawers are just tall enough to store CB alphabet dies on their side.

Drawer Cart

I also use this unit to put my Cricut on top of, my Cricut cartridges in the drawers, plus a bunch of larger Sizzix dies, my label maker, and gobs of other assorted things. I got mine for only about $60 at Costco, I think, which included shipping.

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Sorry, but this is not a very good photo! I actually use the packaging after I remove the literature and I use a Sharpie to write on the front of the packaging which CB folder it is...like "Textile", "D'Vine Swirls", etc. I have several bookcases and storage units that have an "empty", exposed side and I bought some 3M utility hooks that will "pull" off, without damage, that I use to hang the embossing folders from. It makes it so much easier to find what I am looking for, as I use my CD embossing folders all the time. It's not the prettiest solution and I would not win a contest for the prettiest hobby room...but I am able to put my hands on what I want when I want it!!!

Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow..I am impressed I have all mine in a drawer in no particular order just thrown in a drawer and I dig through it when I'm looking for a particular die... How's that for organization?? lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 08:38 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

I store my plates, embossing folders, dies, and sizzix dies all in one of those pretty boxes that you can buy at a newsagency. All my Quickutz dies are in a special folder. I just found that everything is in the one box and easy to locate. Don't know what happens when I outgrow the box.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 09:08 PM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

I store mine in a little 4 x 6 photo book. It's actually the cheap one from the dollar store! Of course thats not what I bought it for. But I was using my CB one day and the photo book was on the table next to me and it worked! They fit perfect, I can flip the pages and look for which one I want. This is actually one of those photo books that you can keep in your purse. If you ever had film developed in the 4 x 6 size a free one most likely came with your pictures. I have the embossing folders in there and my dies. It's easy to store and it is not heavy! Christine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 10:18 PM   #18  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

I store all of my embossing folders, dies and cutting plates in a Scrap, Paper, Scissors tote. I've got 2 of the totes, so I put the CB items in the one I don't use for supplies. This works great because I can just pick up the tote and go.

I am waiting for the January release of the CB storage system. Supposedly, this month Provo Craft is coming out with some kind of binder storage for the CB dies, but I'm not sure about the folders.

My Gallery ~ My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2008, 03:49 AM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

I store all my dies and embossing folders in the 3 ring binder protector sheets for each size. Then I also store my brass stencils, etc. in some more of these different size clear protector sheets. I also have my HOTP Pockets & Tags sheet, Diamond Folds, Lattice Folds Office Envelopes sheet, Mini Envelopes sheet, Doodle Genie Sheets, Journaling Sheet, Easy Stitches Sheet, and white sheets that the clear acrylic stamps stick to them. They all have 3 ring holes to go in this zipped binder I bought for them. It is amazing how much this binder holds! I still have room in it and there is also a section of 4 divider sleeves for odds and ends. The outside has a velcro section that opens up to hold 4 pens and room for other things. I found the protectors for the different bug dies and embossing folders and also the binder on Cropstop.com. I got it from her on ebay. It is sooo convenient for bringing all this stuff to crop nights or weekends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2008, 04:28 AM   #20  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I store all mine in a binder using the old slide sheets (remember when people used to make slides of their photos). Provo is coming out with an entire line of storage for the Cuttlebug dies and embossing folders, including a binder with plastic pages that will fit every folder and die they make. It should be coming out soon, I saw the system a few months ago and pre-ordered.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2008, 05:57 AM   #21  
Kookie Creator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I store my embossing folders upright in a small basket next to the Cuttlebug so it is easy to grab one and emboss. Works for me.

----------------------------

Doris
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2008, 06:17 AM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

I keep mine in a mini expandable A2 plastic pocket folder (8 pockets) by Creating Keepsakes that I found in the dollar store . The folders fit perfectly on their side, two to a "slot". Time to get myself another one!

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2008, 06:37 AM   #23  
Mad Swapper

I also store my folders in a lunch tin that I bought at Michaels and am in the process of altering it. I was inspired by papermoon04's idea and wanted to try it for myself. There is an entire section in the Gallery dedicated to altered lunch box tins, several of which are for Cuttlebug dies and folders.

www.cafemom.com/home/VoreisTwins

Last edited by JKinAK; 01-17-2008 at 06:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2008, 07:10 AM   #24  
Kookie Creator

Mine are currently all stored in a photo box (the decorative ones like you can get at M's for a few dollars). I'm not sure what I'll use next, as I have almost outgrown the box. I'm loving everyone's ideas though!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2008, 07:38 AM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

I have mine in a notebook with the ball card sleeves and then I have sleeves that are two to a page for the Embossing folders. Then my alphabets are in plastic storage 3 drawer by Sterilite along with the thick cuts dies. I like the ball card sleeves for the small ones but the 2 to a page ones are really too big for the CB folders as they can slip out if I tip the notebook too far. I did solve some of that problem by putting eyelets in on both sides (because I only have the original cropadile) to 'shrink' the size of the pocket. I only have about 4 done and really need 20 done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2008, 08:31 AM   #26  
Die Cut Diva

Right now all my sizzix dies are in a drawer, all my CB little embossing folders and most dies are in a 3 ring binder (using trading card storage sheets, floppy disk storage sheets and soon to be using 5x7 picture storage sheets for my A2 folders). I don't have a good way to store my CB alpha dies yet, they are just sitting in one of those lunch box tins.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2008, 10:16 AM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

I store mine in a 5 x 7 index card holder - similar to a recipe box. Organized by catagory (geo shape, flora, seasonal, etc.). Cheap, and easy to find what I'm looking for. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2008, 11:50 PM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second the cheapie picture album (got mine from Target for like $2). It's got a ton of pages and it's easy to flip through and see what you have. I also use one for brass embossing templates. Works great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #29  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkieMomaView Post

Sorry, but this is not a very good photo! I actually use the packaging after I remove the literature and I use a Sharpie to write on the front of the packaging which CB folder it is...like "Textile", "D'Vine Swirls", etc. I have several bookcases and storage units that have an "empty", exposed side and I bought some 3M utility hooks that will "pull" off, without damage, that I use to hang the embossing folders from. It makes it so much easier to find what I am looking for, as I use my CD embossing folders all the time. It's not the prettiest solution and I would not win a contest for the prettiest hobby room...but I am able to put my hands on what I want when I want it!!!

Pam
I LOVE this!!! I am a visual person so this makes sense to me. I can't keep things tucked away out of sight. This is AWESOME! Thanx for sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2008, 12:09 PM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

subscribing--great ideas ladies!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2008, 07:38 PM   #31  
Glitter Guru

I store mine in an altered lunch tin shown here:

It has embossing folders and Nestibilities stored in it.
It's not huge, but it still has room for several more and when I out grow it I'll split the nestibilities and the embossing folders into two seperate tins.

Question // If art is subjective, then why are we objective in making it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2008, 08:00 PM   #32  
Compulsive Stamper

An easy inexpensive way to store the embossing folders is in a plastic coupon envelope. That's where I have mine now and it works great!

Each folder fits perfectly in an individual coupon slot and I have about 14 folders stored in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2008, 08:14 PM   #33  
Gallery Gazer

I love all the different ways to store the CB stuff. Here's how I have mine right now - in a basket right by my desk - I like it to be within reach, yet, put away.

http://basketsfullofstamps.typepad.c...bug-organ
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2008, 08:00 AM   #34  
Cardstock Collector

"I have mine all stored in a binder. The small embossing folders and dies fit awesome in a baseball card storage page. The larger embossing folders fit nicely in some photo album storage pages". I do this, too - with a half-circle of Velcro to hold the the pocket closed. I emboss a piece of colored cardstock for the pocket, to see what's in there. But I have to admit, I want to see what the Provo storage-binder will be like "in person" - I've only seen a picture of it. And it's blue! Seems strange it's not going to be green!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #35  
Compulsive Stamper

I store my mini folders in an empty American Crafts ribbon box. They fit perfectly in there...holds about 20 of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #36  
Kookie Creator

I made a box, used the folders packaging for dividers (cut them down some) and used them to help me find the right one quickly. I put the small folders back in the pkg they came in but have them cut back some too. Check out my Cuttlebug accessories box in my gallery. LindaF409
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2008, 07:04 AM   #37  
Mad Swapper

I finally finished my tin and uploaded it to the gallery:
Folders Tin by JKinAK at Splitcoaststampers

www.cafemom.com/home/VoreisTwins
Reply With Quote Likes