Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you store...

How do you store your scrapbook embelishments (the ones that come in flat packages) like stickers, Jolees Boutique embelishments, etc. I have all of mine in a clear drawer but it just keeps piling up and hard to find things. I have no problem storing my brads, eyelets, etc. but the other embelishments are driving me crazy!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 12:32 PM   #2  
Inking Addict

When I buy items I usually have some category in mind for it. (Like "Melissa's Kids," "Kids General," "Summer," "Intn'l Travel," etc.) Or I have "Birthday," "Flowers," "Popular Cartoon Characters," etc.

So I have a little file system from Creative Memories that's 13-inches long (to accomodate full-length embellishments) with dividers. Each of my dividers represents one of my categories. Then I have a "miscellaneous" for the un-categorizable stuff. All my stickers and die cuts go there. For little loose stuff that's not packaged like buttons and flowers and brads, etc. I use divided clear boxes (like bead boxes - available everywhere).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 01:15 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I have my flowers in a jar, I use a small accordion folder for my stickers sorting them by letters, animals, characters, flowers, etc. I have a plastic 24 drawer that you use for screws, nails for my eyelets brads anything tiny that needs to be separated by color and type I also have my buttons in there too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 02:13 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

I have a organizer that I bought at Linens n Things. It goes on the back of a door, it has mesh pockets(20 i think). I have all my stickers organized by style, holiday etc. So easy to find everything. I payed around $20 for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 06:26 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I use a small plastic cabinet of drawers like this: http://www.akro-mils.com/home_office...play.asp?id=54

I think I got mine in the Hardware department at Target...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 02:38 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a large 3 ring binder with page protectors in it. Embellishments can be easily seen and accessed. Granted the binder is quite "lumpy" and doesn't store flat, but that's ok for me.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 06:20 AM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

I put mine on binder rings and then hang them off my shelf.

The binder rings are usually overflowing- but it's easy to flip through. If they didn't come in a hanging package, I put them in a ziplock baggy and punch a hole in the top.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 09:18 AM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

I have two ways that I store my embellishments, including my chipboards letters, and both are meant to be photo storage. The first is for things I know I'm going to use right away, I file them, by catagory, with the photo I know I want to use them with(if I have photos I know I wanna use them with) and a page sketch, if I've done one in one of those picture boxes from Walmart. They come with those files to separate pics and I set this right on my desk. Also I can file in the back any photos that I am wanting to use soon or any I have just picked up from the photo lab. This keeps everything right at my finger tips. The second way I file my embellishments is in a container from Cropper Hopper meant for photos. It stores photos in one side in a bunch of separate little photo sleve-things. I write my themes on the spine of the sleves and cut all the sticker sheets, etc to fit into them, I also put my chipboard in these, sorted by font, or "collection". On the opposite side there is a shallow compartment to store 12 x 12 papers and this where I store my letter stickers or delicate sheets of paper such as transparencies or vellum.
P.S. I also use a nail storage thing from home depot or walmart to sort brads, buttons, eyelets, ribbon charms, and other small metal embellishments, hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes