Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-27-2009, 06:55 AM   #41  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps it was full when you tried, but got emptied before I tried? I have no idea.

It took about 12 hours to get a response; it really was late when the reply came, 11 PM in Ontario time where they are.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 06:10 AM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

I finally received a response from Bethany...she apologized for the delay and said that the family was on vacation and that they were catching up on orders. She didn't say anything about moving... She said my order was shipped on Jan. 26th, which was Monday. In the original email she called me "Dawn". I wrote back and said that I wasn't Dawn but I hope the email pertained to my order. She did email me back and said yes it was my order and that she had been answering alot of emails (and was on cold medicine!) and just called me the wrong name. Anyway, sounds like I should be getting my order soon! I'm really looking forward to playing with my new stamps! I do love High Hopes images!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 06:57 AM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

The mail just came and my High Hopes stamps are here!! AND they sent me an extra full-size stamp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 08:11 AM   #44  
Insane Embellisher

Wow! Glad to hear you got yours. Mine still aren't here, and they don't even have to go through customs. I thought it was here, but it was my replacement ATG gun, they must have overnighted it to me because it was here the day after i called them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #45  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I ordered my stamps almost a month ago, and I still do not have them. It's very frustrating because their policy states that they ship within 3-5 days. Yeah right. I understand that they are a small business and all that, but come on, a month? It only takes 1 week to arrive through the Canadian post, so obviously, they were not shipped within 3-5 days. It's nothing personal toward them, I'm sure they are super outstanding folks, but I feel that this is poor business practice. I've paid almost a hundred dollars a month ago for something I still don't have...guess that money could be sitting in my bank account instead of theirs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just love their images, but that would frustrate me to have to wait a month to get my order. When you buy something (especially online) you are looking forward to receiving the items within a few days because the money is out of your pocket. I get antsy just waiting 1 1/2 weeks each time I order from Whipper Snapper let alone a month...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #47  
Insane Embellisher

Lisa, I feel your frustration. I'm glad I started with a small order! Mine still isn't here. She stated last Monday that it would be in the mail Tuesday morning. It doesn't even need to go through customs to get to me! I'm at a month now, and watching the calendar since there is a 45 day limit on Paypal's protection I believe.

Last edited by Blankiefinder; 02-03-2009 at 12:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa fosterView Post
I ordered my stamps almost a month ago, and I still do not have them. It's very frustrating because their policy states that they ship within 3-5 days. Yeah right. I understand that they are a small business and all that, but come on, a month? It only takes 1 week to arrive through the Canadian post, so obviously, they were not shipped within 3-5 days. It's nothing personal toward them, I'm sure they are super outstanding folks, but I feel that this is poor business practice. I've paid almost a hundred dollars a month ago for something I still don't have...guess that money could be sitting in my bank account instead of theirs.
I know exactly how you feel. the same thing happened to me in November. I live in Canada too, and when I hadn't received my stamps in 3 weeks I sent them an email, and they said they had shipped that morning. I got them about a week later. I agree that they are probably very nice people, but if there are going to continue to be delays the website should say shipping in 2-3 weeks, or something equally accurate.

When I asked about the website, and the lack of communication they said it would take as long to get the site updated, and it would to send my stamps, and they would be caught up by then. That was November, it is now February, and it seems to be the same. maybe once all of the Christmas backlog has been straightened out it will get back to a 3-5 day shipping time frame.

I hope yours arrive soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #49  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I've ordered from High Hopes several times. It does take a couple of weeks to get my order (but so does my order from SU! or nearly any other company) and I don't really mind - I'm not an impatient sort of person. To me, good quality stamps are worth the wait.
That said, I notice a couple people mentioning problems with emai. I was on the site the other day & they have a notice up about having issues with their email address & they posted an alternate address. Any time I have emailed them about an order, I've always received a prompt response.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

2 weeks is acceptible, a month is not. I recieved an email from Bethany saying that my order shipped out yesterday morning. huh. what a coincidence. She put in this big explanation about the Canada post and Customs...well, thats not the problem!!!! Them shipping out their product in a timely manor is the issue. She also said that I could return my order and they would refund my money. OK, well, that helps me how?...if I didn't want the darn stamps I wouldn't have ordered them in the first place. Good grief!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #51  
Insane Embellisher

Is anyone else still waiting? It will be 2 weeks as of Monday since she said mine would be mailed the next day, and it only has to travel 3 provinces over.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 12:33 AM   #52  
Glitter Guru

I've ordered from High Hopes several times and this is just a small company i believe its just her and someone else running it. Yes they are slower than alot of the larger companys but they always ship you free stamps. They are the only place I have ever gotten free stamps from regardless of the size of my order. Tina is great to deal with and have always answered all my emails. I know in the past i have sent emails to companys and never gotten a response.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 04:37 AM   #53  
Mad Swapper

I emailed Tina last night and I got an email from her this morning. I asked her why an order I placed over three weeks ago hadn't got to me yet and I live in Canada. I usually get orders from Canada within a week to a week and a half. Tina said that she would reship my order express mail and I should get it this week, she also said that I had been charged more on my shipping than what I should have been so she will refund part of that as well. I really like High Hopes stamps and I understand that they are a small compnay, but if business is getting this good for them then maybe she should think about getting someone in to help out when she has a large amount of orders to fill and get out. I will probably order from her again as the stamps are so darn cute and I like the way they can be used as scenes or as single images, and the prices are really good. I really hope that all this trouble that Tina is having with shipping issues dosn't hurt her company, it is so nice to see small companies trying to make a go of it and I would hate to see her company fail because of this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #54  
Insane Embellisher

Kudos to Pink Cat Studio for great service. Shipping was cheap ($2.3x) and they are here in my hands, one week to the day since ordering.

High Hopes- 5 weeks and counting. Nada.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2009, 06:53 PM   #55  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

5 weeks and still counting...nothing here either.
My Valentine stamps are in that order. (You know, the DECEMBER special)
I can't even describe how disappointed I am.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2009, 03:09 AM   #56  
Rubber Obsessor

I ordered from them back in October and it took over a month and a half to get my stamps. I got the same song and dance about customs and how it must've gotten lost in the mail and they'd send out a 2nd order and I can keep the first order, etc. And that wasn't until I contacted them after 2 weeks of waiting! Reading through this thread, I see that it's kind of their "line" that they use when they realize they've forgotten an order! I love their images, but honestly, it was a lot to deal with and a lot of stress in trying to get what I paid for and I've not ordered from them since specifically because of this. What a shame - their stamps are adorable! I do appreciate the freebies that come with it but I agree that I'd much more appreciate honesty and promptness!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2009, 04:17 AM   #57  
Rubber Obsessor

First my apologies that this is my first post here on the SCS.
I ordered on Janaury 7th, contacted them on the 26th, was promised that they would be mailed on the 27th. Still no stamps. Same song and dance, holidays, customs hold up, yada yada. I'm upset because my order consisted of Valentines stamps for cards. Guess I will save them for next year if I ever do receive them. This is the second order I placed with them and this same thing happened w/ the first order. I had to contact them on a status. They did send a full size stamp as an apology so I thought I would give them another chance.

Maybe when I get home from work today they will be in the mail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2009, 04:36 AM   #58  
Crimping Master

I've never ordered from High Hopes, but have had similar experiences with other on-line vendors. My question is how can they afford to "re-ship" so many lost orders? Is that just a canned excuse for not really shipping the order in the first place? Do they file claims for lost packages with their shipping agencies? Sounds a little fishy to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2009, 06:15 AM   #59  
Crimping Master

I was excited to order from HH when they offered easy mount w/o and extra charge. But since they changed things over, and with their shipping cost...I can't bring myself to order. I love their cute little images though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #60  
Insane Embellisher

I finally got my stamps today, after they 'reshipped' them. They did throw in a bunch of freebies though. I think some of them aren't released yet, I couldn't find them anywhere on the website. I will probably order from them again, since this was just a smallish order to see how happy I was with their product and service, but it won't be too soon. Maybe with a bit of time things will settle down there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #61  
Mad Swapper

I am glad that you finally got your order. It has been 4 weeks for me and I am only 2 provinces over. I was told Sunday night that my order would go out expedited on Monday, we have had alot of ugly weather the last couple of days so that could delay it some. I do like there images and I was telling DH that I will order the stamps that I want to use for Christmas cards now so that I know that I will get them in time for me to use. I do hope that Tina can work out all the kinks in here system, I would hate to see a small company go under because of shipping delays.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2009, 05:44 PM   #62  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

OK, I talked to Bethany. Now I feel like a huge jerk. I wrote an appology to them over on the general forum. They really are in over their heads, but they are trying really really hard. I guess I just got all caught up in the fact that I didn't have my stamps and I forgot to be human. Anyway, hang in there guys, your orders ARE coming!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #63  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa fosterView Post
OK, I talked to Bethany. Now I feel like a huge jerk. I wrote an appology to them over on the general forum. They really are in over their heads, but they are trying really really hard. I guess I just got all caught up in the fact that I didn't have my stamps and I forgot to be human. Anyway, hang in there guys, your orders ARE coming!
Would you care to elaborate on that a bit. I am thinking about ordering from them but after reading this thread I am a little scared.
:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2009, 07:51 AM   #64  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazneeyoreView Post
Would you care to elaborate on that a bit. I am thinking about ordering from them but after reading this thread I am a little scared.
:confused:
I think what we are all trying to say is that High Hopes stamps are wonderful but their business is growing a bit too fast for them so if you are ordering their stamps they might not gets shipped in an expeditious manner and you may have to contact them for an update but you will get them and you will love them. You just need to keep in mind that they are having some growing pains and have to decide if the wait is worth it.

I know that I WILL order their stamps again because they are so cute and reasonably priced but I now have the knowledge that at this point in time the shipping schedule is sketchy.

I hope this makes sense. And, for what it's worth, this is not the only "cottage industry" store of this nature that I experience delays with. It's not my intention to single them out but I think it's good to share our experiences - good and bad - with our fellow SCSers as we have a great deal of knowledge and experience that could benefit each other.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2009, 08:14 AM   #65  
Polyshrink Goddess

I totally agree that High Hopes stamps are cute, and the freebies they throw in are AWESOME, but I would just like more communication either via email for each order, or even on the website to give people a better understanding of the real shipping time, and the delays that are accurring due to their rapid growth.

I am REALLY happy for High Hopes, but I *do* think it is important to communicate with customers as soon as possible, and not just when they email to check on the status of their orders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #66  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerveilleuseView Post
I totally agree that High Hopes stamps are cute, and the freebies they throw in are AWESOME, but I would just like more communication either via email for each order, or even on the website to give people a better understanding of the real shipping time, and the delays that are accurring due to their rapid growth.

I am REALLY happy for High Hopes, but I *do* think it is important to communicate with customers as soon as possible, and not just when they email to check on the status of their orders.
I think we all have to appreciate when you are growing like they are, that they have to make a choice each time they reply to an email etc. to spend that time replying or to spend that time filling another one or two orders. Thanks to this forum I have been introduced to fabulous companies like High Hopes. Yes, it would be ideal if they had the manpower or the technical power to let everyone know what is going on, however this is definitely a business that I trust absolutely that they are doing their best to please everyone and fulfill their commitments.

I don't have any affiliation to High Hopes whatsoever other than being a previous satisfied customer. I ordered from them on the same day I ordered from three other companies and yes their product was the last package I received, however, their product more than made up for that as it is one of my first "go to" products for my projects.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #67  
Crimping Master

Man, you guys have me a little nervous! I ordered over 100 dollars worth of stamps and now I am wondering if I made a mistake. I haven't gotten any shipping confirmation yet. It will be 2 weeks this Friday from when I ordered them. I don't want to wait upto 4 weeks thats crazy. I sent an email just to verify the status of my order and have not heard back yet. Hopefully tomorrow! The site says 3-5 days from payment date. I paid using paypal so there should be no hang ups. Has anyone here in the states ordered from HH? How long did it take?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2009, 06:28 PM   #68  
Insane Embellisher

Lots of people have ordered from the States...

They won't send a shipping confirmation when they ship your stamps. They'll just show up, hopefully within 6 weeks. If you haven't got them after a month, I would recommend calling them, not email.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 03:22 AM   #69  
Matboard Maniac

They always do show up when I order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 05:35 AM   #70  
Mad Swapper

I placed several orders with them on the weekend and I received an email from Bethany letting me know that there is a 10-12 day processing time because they are busy with getting out the new monthly special then there is usually a 10 day postal time frame before it will get to me. I have ordered from High Hopes a few times and I usually have my order within 4 to 5 weeks, I know that this is a long time considering that we are a society that expects things the next day but there stamps are well worth the wait and the last time that I received my order I had more freebies than what I had odered, I don't know if they do this all the time but it is a nice gift. They are a small company that has been overwhelmed with the amount of people who are placing orders and they are doing there best to keep up with all the orders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well I have faith in them - as my most recent order last Friday proves :oops: I have a lot of faith in them! I'm not even thinking about getting nervous for at least a month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #72  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm waiting on an order from Feb. 17th. I love their stamps so I will continue to just be patient.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #73  
Crimping Master

I have ordered may many times from them and always had them within a week! And I am in BC.....at the most 2 weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #74  
Crimping Master

I got a response back that they would ship Friday. Then Sat I got a response that they would ship Monday. Let's hope so. I ordered some for a gift. If I had known I would not have bothered and just ordered else where. You would think that if the business is picking up to have a selection of stamps on hand. That way orders would keep going out. I would be worried with the delay that this would lose them business. You know us stamps want our products like yesterday.lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2009, 04:24 AM   #75  
Crimping Master

Still have not rec'vd them yet. Guess I will not be ordering from them again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2009, 05:00 AM   #76  
Stampin' Fool

They are having problems with their e-mail. My first e-mail never got a response but they DID answer my second one.

I ordered my stamps on Feb.15 and they just came on March 16. That's 5 weeks but they did finally get here. They apologized and sent extras stamps.

Hopefully, yours will arrive very soon.:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2009, 06:48 AM   #77  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm still waiting for my 2/17 order. I was hoping to get them in time to make some Easter cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2009, 10:22 AM   #78  
Die Cut Diva

Location: I'm actually lost... if you find me, could you let me know where I am??
First off, let me say I LOVE High Hopes stamps! I've ordered from them a few times, and each time the wait gets longer. I understand they have grown faster than they could have imagined and my understanding is that they *make* the stamps as they are ordered unlike other companies that have them on hand. I want to also add that both Tina and Bethany have been very sweet in their emails and always add a little extra to my orders, but that doesn't make the waiting any easier. I ordered some Easter stamps on 3/3 and they're not here yet. I was told they shipped out on the 13th and would take 6-8 days to the US. After still not getting them, they said they would ship them out UPS and that I'd have them in 3 days. Ummm... guess what? I've been checking in on this thread and everyone has pretty much the same story. I see shark's been waiting since 2/17! It doesn't look like I'll be getting any Easter cards done! :( I'm not here to bad mouth High Hopes, but I really don't understand how we're all pretty much getting the same story. It's hard to imagine that all of our orders have been *lost in the mail* and have to be re-shipped! I think since the business has grown so much and they have so many orders to fill and ship that they need to hire more people! Like I said, I love their stamps and don't want to see them go out of business, but people are going to (already are) get mad and frustrated and won't want to order from them again, and others who read these posts that have never ordered from them, probably won't because of the song and dance we're all getting. It's really sad. I grow more and more frustrated with every day that goes by and keep thinking "today is the day", but it never is!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinmomnhView Post
Still have not rec'vd them yet. Guess I will not be ordering from them again!
I'm still waiting too, but I just wanted to say that 2 weeks is NORMAL for a package from Canada to US. I do a lot of mailing on threads here and packages almost always take more than 2 weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #80  
Die Cut Diva

Me three. Thankfully my AC Moore had a ton of $1.00 circle g easter and st. patty stamps. I loaded up!

Hugs,

Loretta
Reply With Quote Likes